SUPERNAG - NDF's Criminally Underrated SoccerManager Players

Re: SUPERNAG - NDF's Criminally Underrated SoccerManager Players

Hi,

I signed up to play a football management game, not be a freaking database admin for them :)

Granted, I get to play for free, so try to keep my complaints down to a minimum. If the SoccerWiki system was proven to work as a fair, balanced community driven means of reviewing and updating ratings then I'd be all over it like a horny rabbit.

As it is, it's random, piecemeal, nonsensical, and driven by idiots who want their entire team voted up to 99 and everyone that plays for a RL team they hate voted down.

You know what worked really, really well for many, many years? A ratings schedule.

Fine, you could pretty much nail on risers and cash in IF you took the time to read in the right places - kudos to you, reward for your effort.

What it didn't mean is you worked to scout a player then risk sitting on them (and their wages) for three years waiting for a rise they deserved two and a half years ago!

I don't like using words like this on a public forum, especially where kids are reading, but the current system is ********. It's broken, a failed experiment, and needs to be reverted.

IMHO ;)

It would be interesting to poll all players, forcibly through the game interface, with a single question:

Do you think the current ratings review system is workning effectively and within a reasonable time frame? Yes or no.

Simple.

Is hazard a guess now that it would be at least 4-1 for the no votes.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

By day he is a simple man, doing simple things but every now and then a hero is needed to stand up for the players who consistently rack up big minutes and don't rise. This thread is for the player

Re: SUPERNAG - NDF's Criminally Underrated SoccerManager Players Gentlemen it is with a heavy heart that I am through with SM - there are several reasons, i will not bore you with any of them. It's

Pretty happy that this thread wasn't deleted!  SW's inconsistency is starting to feel nauseating. With more than 1000 minutes of game time this season (4 goals and 1 assist), Solanke gets a measly

Ive had a ticket for Alex Gersbach' date=' who made his FFA Cup debut for Sydney FC a few weeks ago. That ticket was still waiting. I submitted a ticket for Cameron Burgess to get added to Fulham on 7 September. Thats still 'unknown'

The example of Elyakim is a bad one. Nothing though beats Teeboy Kamara getting continual rises to 79 despite not playing for a few years simply on the basis that he was added at 17 years old over Pedj Bojic still being 78 and being a regular player for Central Coast Mariners and Sydney FC for a number of seasons.[/quote']

Hahaha I,ve been waiting for Cameron Burgess for a while. kudos for adding him. Perhaps starting 4 games for Fulham this season is not quite enough proof that he exists :eek:.

Yeah ole Teeboy was another special moment for SW.

We may have another Teeboy.....

http://int.soccerway.com/players/patryk-paczuk/323207/

Received + 4 today, taking him to 80. Erm......the only thing i can think of is that they were trying to upgrade Sebastian Rudol and got the wrong player? Haha bloody geniuses!

But the one piece of good news is Milan Makarić got a much deserved +4. Congratulations SW

Right' date=' anyone who doesn't have a soccerwiki account, create one now and start voting on these player ratings on this thread. That is what the soccerwiki is for. I sincerely doubt that SM have a massive team of people dedicated to rating adjustments, so that is why they set the wiki up. It's up to us.[/quote']

No its not its up to SM to run THEIR game.

SW is, was and always will be a failure and a stain on the game unless they change the way it works. It was obvious when it was introduced that it wasn't going to work well and nothings changed. We were told by some that the reason it was behind was that their was a huge backlog that needed catching up with. We are now a good couple of years on and the database is now the most inaccurate that it has ever been in the 5/6 years that I have been playing. The speed at which they are reviewing players is only slightly faster than the speed at which they are adding new players. The database has grown rapidly over this time yet the resources dedicated to it hasn't matched it. In SW present state the database is unsustainable long term and amounts to papering over cracks in the short term.

Personally' date=' I reviewed the Japanese league a while back, I voted each and every rise on the soccerwiki, and so far, about 50% of them have had their rating changed, and with the vast majority, I got the rating change spot on or within 1! Take a look for yourself:

[url']http://forum.soccermanager.com/showthread.php?t=169069[/url]

(It is a shame I didn't do the fallers too, but I'm selfish and want to make piles of cash in a competitive league.)

I'm not meaning to knock your efforts but from your own admission we can deduce that the the Japanese league is now only changed to the point of being distorted in another inaccurate way. You have highlighted a problem with SW that it is used for personal gain at the cost of overall database accuracy.

Is there much difference from someone going on SW to try and get say Neymar rated higher for personal gain to someone using SW to get their money spinners risen for personal gain?

Personally I used to like sifting through the Japanese league for risers pre SW but since SW introduction the Japanese league has suffered in getting looked at for rating reviews. Worse than Japan some countries just don't get looked at nowadays. Some of the South American countries spring to mind. Where as before SW they might have only been looked at once a year or perhaps even once every 2 years but you knew they would eventually get looked at. Now there is no guarantee they will ever get looked at until they get taken off the database.

Riferimento: Re: SUPERNAG - NDF's Criminally Underrated SoccerManager Players

Received + 4 today' date=' taking him to 80. Erm......the only thing i can think of is that they were trying to upgrade Sebastian Rudol and got the wrong player? Haha bloody geniuses!

But the one piece of good news is Milan Makarić got a much deserved +4. Congratulations SW[/quote']

He's not the only one! .... this player received +4 and now him ranking is 79 :eek::eek:

http://it.soccerway.com/players/francesco-calcagno/263549/

Personally I used to like sifting through the Japanese league for risers pre SW but since SW introduction the Japanese league has suffered in getting looked at for rating reviews. Worse than Japan some countries just don't get looked at nowadays. Some of the South American countries spring to mind. Where as before SW they might have only been looked at once a year or perhaps even once every 2 years but you knew they would eventually get looked at. Now there is no guarantee they will ever get looked at until they get taken off the database.

This. The ratings schedule days were when the database was in its best shape. The peak of SM was knowing Brazil or another league was going to be reviewed next and youd quickly stock up on risers. Its how I got my Rochdale from Div 4 to Div 1 contenders. would be so much harder to do that know unless you stick to the big leagues.

Received + 4 today' date=' taking him to 80. Erm......the only thing i can think of is that they were trying to upgrade Sebastian Rudol and got the wrong player? Haha bloody geniuses!

But the one piece of good news is Milan Makarić got a much deserved +4. Congratulations SW[/quote']

Haha at least hes played in the last 2 years. But thats atrocious.

Hahaha I' date='ve been waiting for Cameron Burgess for a while. kudos for adding him. Perhaps starting 4 games for Fulham this season is not quite enough proof that he exists :eek:.

Yeah ole Teeboy was another special moment for SW.[/quote']

Burgess not being added is ridiculous. Some people have heard Madger's name so he gets added yet hes miles from getting any minutes for Liverpool in the next few years. Burgess has played 4 games in the Championship and still hasnt been added

The wait is finally over, after months of campaiging and endless threads on the forum soccer wiki have actually given somebody a deserved rise.

The football giants of Al Sailiya (?) were celebrating today as football genius Abdullah Al Faihani got a rise of +5.

In similar news 34 year old AFC Telford United GK Andy Pryce got a +4 taking him to the dizzy heights of 64.

#completejoke #absoluteshambles #whatisgoingonatsoccerwiki

No its not its up to SM to run THEIR game.

I disagree, it is OUR game, WE are playing it. For me, ratings and risers is by far the most fun part of SM. I want to help make it better!

I see that the Soccerway website gets updated with the minutes of players and transfers fairly quickly. How much do they pay for their database? It's a free site and no advertising! Why can't Soccerwiki get this data and then it would automatically adjust players ratings the moment they played enough minutes to qualify for a rise!!!! We wouldn't have to vote. Surely this would be a simple database structure where players are given a team and league max and min rating and a graduated rise and fall table. Now that would be hot stuff!! I could probably program it myself in an Excel sheet and I bet some of you guys already do except that you have to enter the player minutes manually.

I do agree that it has fallen apart at the seams, not just in ratings, but in not getting a proper match engine done and spending all their resources inventing this crappy single player mode. If I wanted to play a soccer game alone in a dark room, by myself, their are plenty of one-off payment champion manager DVD type games where I don't have to interact with others!

Another baffling increase, Michal Walski + 4 taking him to 80 after exactly 0 apps this season(and only 152 mins in his whole career).

I'm really getting sick of this, why are they actively increasing young players who have no right to receive one?

Three guys from Pogoń Szczecin have received increases recently -

Michal Walski - +4 - 80 overall - 0 Minutes

Patryk Paczuk - +4 - 80 overall - 0 Minutes

Sebastian Rudol - +2 - 78 overall - 660 Minutes

Perhaps its quitting time. Roll on November 1st.

Another baffling increase' date=' Michal Walski + 4 taking him to 80 after exactly 0 apps this season(and only 152 mins in his whole career).

I'm really getting sick of this, why are they actively increasing young players who have no right to receive one?

Perhaps its quitting time. Roll on November 1st.[/quote']

I feel the same man, maybe I wouldn't be as annoyed if they were never good at rating changes but they used to be 10x better! It's just a lack of effort now, SM nows they can make money without actually working hard

Another baffling increase' date=' Michal Walski + 4 taking him to 80 after exactly 0 apps this season(and only 152 mins in his whole career).

stupid changes for the sake of stupid changes...

Wow.

All while they havent looked at my Cameron Burgess ticket :mad:

How can it take so long? it's not some obscure dude playing in the Malaysian league ***.

I feel the same man' date=' maybe I wouldn't be as annoyed if they were never good at rating changes but they used to be 10x better! It's just a lack of effort now, SM nows they can make money without actually working hard[/quote']

Damn 2 years ago compared to now feels like perfection. Of course it was not perfect but compared to the lackluster, half arsed way they do things now it sure feels that way.

Who's bloody deciding this? I mean someone has looked at those 3 guys and decided that the guy who actually deserve's the increase to 80 only gets +2 to 78, while the poor sods who are not even close to getting minutes on the pitch both get increased to 80?!?!?!?!?

I mean it cant be a mistake can it?

Who's bloody deciding this? I mean someone has looked at those 3 guys and decided that the guy who actually deserve's the increase to 80 only gets +2 to 78' date=' while the poor sods who are not even close to getting minutes on the pitch both get increased to 80?!?!?!?!?

I mean it cant be a mistake can it?[/quote']

no it is not a mistake. there a lot of similar cases outta there. just look at the A-League. ;)

Not to mention Óliver Torres.

Despite being quite talented, he got from 78 to 86 in a short period of time, having played very few minutes at a high level. :eek:

Hype, what can you do? :o

Gentlemen it is with a heavy heart that I am through with SM - there are several reasons, i will not bore you with any of them.

It's been a pleasure having made this thread as a bit of a laugh, and i've made some good forum buddies from this game, so thanks to Cam, Phil, Tony and Pedro for being fantastic forummers - i sure will miss you guys.

I hope you carry this thread on - there is still injustice in the SM world and I hope you fight on after i've gone. Truth be told, i've fallen out of love with football of late and it's gone from being my passion, to a massive hinderance.

Peace out guys - you're all amazing!

Gentlemen it is with a heavy heart that I am through with SM - there are several reasons' date=' i will not bore you with any of them.

It's been a pleasure having made this thread as a bit of a laugh, and i've made some good forum buddies from this game, so thanks to Cam, Phil, Tony and Pedro for being fantastic forummers - i sure will miss you guys.

I hope you carry this thread on - there is still injustice in the SM world and I hope you fight on after i've gone. Truth be told, i've fallen out of love with football of late and it's gone from being my passion, to a massive hinderance.

Peace out guys - you're all amazing![/quote']

That's very unfortunate - enjoyed reading this thread and your views - best of luck in life - maybe one day you will come back

Gentlemen it is with a heavy heart that I am through with SM - there are several reasons' date=' i will not bore you with any of them.

Oh no, please don't leave! :(

If u do, I assure u I'm gonna keep posting about unfair ratings here.

It's been great having u here NDF, good luck and I hope u come back one day. :)

Who will be my second homie? Cant just be and Pedro, 2 dudes is suspect :P

Please dont leave, Whats the justice league without Batman?

nooooo don't leave your family NDF.

i beg you pls

we need u:(

i hope you aren't entirely serious about that and you'll come back one day;)