2014 FIFA World Cup Predict - Discussion Thread

Re: 2014 FIFA World Cup Predict - Discussion Thread

Vatreni' date=' do we recieve points if we get the 2nd, 3rd or 4th place right, as well?

There are 8 points for whoever predicts the 1st 4 in the right order, 4 for whoever predicts the champion, 5 for Golden Boot and another 5 for Golden Ball.

It wouldn't make sense not getting any points for that.

I mean, it's as hard predicting the champion as it is to predict the 2nd, 3rd or 4th place. :confused:[/quote']

Yes, I know it's as hard as predicting champion, but decided in the start to give just champion right since it's all matter in the end :P

Think I might regret it as I'm predicting Argentina vs Germany final I think, but rules is rules :D

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: 2014 FIFA World Cup Predict - Prediction Thread Couple of people predicted Valencia as first scorer.. There are 2 Valencias in Ecuador and most didn't make it clear which Valencia it is. One woul

Re: 2014 FIFA World Cup Predict - Overall Leaderboard Thread First time you have been top of the table in anything is it not Ash?

Pip draws blank, but so is ashtini, so no major changes at the top of the table after semifinal.

Latest overall leaderboard

3rd place & Final fixture

If you spot any error, please reply here/PM/VM me personally, thanks :)

Predictors still with a chance to get bonus 4 points for get champion correctly:

• Raz.: Argentina
  • ashtini: Argentina
  • F1Collia: Argentina
  • Ghora: Germany
  • BarcaKes1: Argentina
  • .CFC: Germany
  • ZlookVulk: Germany
  • muallan: Germany
  • Ste G: Germany
  • steauaseka: Argentina
  • -sandals,: Germany
  • Germany2014WC: Germany
  • italemi: Argentina
  • pedrooliveira: Germany
  • Dudu_9: Germany
  • Keith Fitz: Argentina
  • VatreniUnited: Argentina

Yes' date=' I know it's as hard as predicting champion, but decided in the start to give just champion right since it's all matter in the end :P

Think I might regret it as I'm predicting Argentina vs Germany final I think, but rules is rules :D[/quote']

That doesn't make any sense, like the ESB, that gives additional points for guessing a correct scoreline, while other correct scoreline predictions get less points... :confused:

But okay, rules are rules. :P

That doesn't make any sense' date=' like the ESB, that gives additional points for guessing a correct scoreline, while other correct scoreline predictions get less points... :confused:

But okay, rules are rules. :P[/quote']

ESB already in place long before I run SM Predict, even already since the start of this sub-forum I think, beside that's why it's called ESB (Extra Score Bonus) :P

ESB already in place long before I run SM Predict' date=' even already since the start of this sub-forum I think, beside that's why it's called ESB (Extra Score Bonus) :P[/quote']

ESB still doesn't make sense to me, it just rewards the people who had the luck of getting that specific match scoreline right, while the other ones, that are just as hard to predict, get less points. :D

I think the Golden Ball and Golden Boot winner should be given 6 points, instead of 5 and every other question (champion, 2nd, 3rd and 4th place) should be given 4 points each for correct prediction (for the next WC, that is). ;)

Nice work though mate, it's been fun participating. :)

ESB still doesn't make sense to me' date=' it just rewards the people who had the luck of getting that specific match scoreline right, while the other ones, that are just as hard to predict, get less points. :D

[/quote']

ESB works like differential, in regular season some predictors will looks to make different scoreline than others, i.e. the leader, especially if they're still close at the top of the table. After all almost half of the game like this needs luck so ESB is justified imo.

Next tournament of course anyone can give any idea and suggestion though currentcly the current format still good enough :D:p

Messi got Golden Ball' date=' what a joke! :eek::P

And he didn't even make the Team of the Tournament - FIFA at its best. :o:D[/quote']

Messi didn't even look like he wanted it, and he did not deserve it. He did apparently make the most chances and have the most interceptions in the offensive third during the tournament.

Muller deserved it imo, people say James because he scored 6 goals blah blah "carried Colombia"

Muller scored goals, made assists, helped defend, the guy just worked hard.

I would've picked Muller.

Also, he can break Klose's record, he has 2 or 3 world cups left in him.

• 2 weeks later...

Messi got Golden Ball' date=' what a joke! :eek::P

And he didn't even make the Team of the Tournament - FIFA at its best. :o:D[/quote']

This, we consider a major outrage in Deutschland comrade.

Fifa, and particularly many organisations/countries like to look negatively on the greatest footballing nation that earth ever sees - Deutschland, because of the past, and this, is what FIFA must cut from their corrupt organisation - ignorance! Then other leagues can follow for sure, as Der Bundesliga remains heavily underated!

Mats Hummels has been the best defender in the world for 3 years now, and only in 2014, is he recognised as the best around!!

Hummels for his heroic performances deserved this award, or James Rodriguez, who play with honour und pride for his Columbia!

P.S i predicted a Espana 3-2 Deutschland final haha!!

With Deutschland beating Columbia 4-1 in the semis and Espana beating Argentina 3-0 in the other!!

^^ This is why I , Der Kommandeur keeps the crystal ball away........ from time to time........ :D

• 3 weeks later...

Infinite apologize for all forumers & predictors that I dissapeared for a month, going for holiday with my office initially that turns out wrong and ended had a personal problem there's I barely on laptop. Fortunately it's all sorted out now and will sorting a mess I made here in World Cup predict tomorrow, that if you still care about final standing anyway :o

And also will run season 10 as usual, thanks for Fez for his initiative to start the season already

Late congratulations for Pip and ashtini for winning this year World Cup predict game, sorry for the pending all this time :o

Regular SM Predict for season 10 underway http://forum.soccermanager.com/showthread.php?t=170651 here, hopefully there's decent number of participant, atleast like we managed in season 9 so SM might think to sponsor a prize in the end of 2014/15 season, since it's already 10 season SM Predict is running :)