2014 FIFA World Cup Predict - Discussion Thread

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: 2014 FIFA World Cup Predict - Prediction Thread Couple of people predicted Valencia as first scorer.. There are 2 Valencias in Ecuador and most didn't make it clear which Valencia it is. One woul

Re: 2014 FIFA World Cup Predict - Discussion Thread

Re: 2014 FIFA World Cup Predict - Overall Leaderboard Thread First time you have been top of the table in anything is it not Ash?

In this teritorry' date=' I'm not Blatter pedro, WC random thread is different case ;)[/quote']

Boo, you changed! :P

What about that bribe I gave you for you to root for Japan in the "WC Random Team Thread"? :D

You mentioned Blatter and you should learn from him, Vatreni: he'd be corrupted by a single dollar! :eek:

Wow I'm the only one who thinks Uruguay will beat Colombia

Booooo :P

Atleast you're better than BarcaKes1 who seems to think both team will win

Colombia 3 - 1 Uruguay 1-3(FGS Cuadrado)

:eek::eek:

:P:p

Boo' date=' you changed! :P

What about that bribe I gave you for you to root for Japan in the "WC Random Team Thread"? :D

You mentioned Blatter and you should learn from him, Vatreni: he'd be corrupted by a single dollar! :eek:[/quote']

That bribe isn't apply here, different sub-forum B)

Plus I'm refused to be mentioned the same as muppet like him :D:p

Booooo :P

Atleast you're better than BarcaKes1 who seems to think both team will win

:eek::eek:

:P:p

That bribe isn't apply here' date=' different sub-forum B)

Plus I'm refused to be mentioned the same as muppet like him :D:p[/quote']

oh i was typing very fast, because it was 1 minute before kickoff of brazil vs chile, i made a mistake, i meant columbia 3-1 uruguay but if i got any points there dont count it... if u dont want to :P

how does uruguay score 3 without suarez anyway?

I'm so smart' date=' I predicted earlier that Spain would not make top 4 :o

and that Germany would win, Netherlands 2nd, Brazil 3rd, Belgium 4th.

:D

Vaterni give me my 9 points right now to save time later[/quote']

I also predicted Germany to win the WC, but they must play way better if they even dream of being World champions. ;)

I also predicted Germany to win the WC' date=' but they must play way better if they even dream of being World champions. ;)[/quote']

If they play the way they did against Portugal, then they can aspire of winning the World Cup.

This year is much more tough than a normal world cup.

Along with the top contenders in Brazil, Germany, etc. the quality of the World Cup is shown by the challenges of Chile (and Australia), Algeria, Costa Rica, USA, and the quick packings of such teams as Spain, England (rather expected, but not 4th), Italy, Portugal, among others and the high chances of teams without that much hope (or not being a frontrunner) in Costa Rica, Colombia, Netherlands, France, Belgium shows the quality this year.

If they play the way they did against Portugal' date=' then they can aspire of winning the World Cup.

This year is much more tough than a normal world cup.

Along with the top contenders in Brazil, Germany, etc. the quality of the World Cup is shown by the challenges of Chile (and Australia), Algeria, Costa Rica, USA, and the quick packings of such teams as Spain, England (rather expected, but not 4th), Italy, Portugal, among others and the high chances of teams without that much hope (or not being a frontrunner) in Costa Rica, Colombia, Netherlands, France, Belgium shows the quality this year.[/quote']

I don't think Germany were that good even against us.

We were just awful, like we were during the majority of our 3 games. :o

I still believe Germany can win it, though.

If Low puts Lahm at RB, so Germany can have at least a proper fullback...

I don't think Germany were that good even against us.

We were just awful' date=' like we were during the majority of our 3 games. :o

I still believe Germany can win it, though.

If Low puts Lahm at RB, so Germany can have at least a proper fullback...[/quote']

Well, it's Portugal, the team that plays 4-3-3 every game and forces poor Cristiano Ronaldo to do all the work. It's a system destined for failure.

Or they can use Mustafi or Howedes at fullback :eek:

Well' date=' it's Portugal, the team that plays 4-3-3 every game and forces poor Cristiano Ronaldo to do all the work. It's a system destined for failure.

Or they can use Mustafi or Howedes at fullback :eek:[/quote']

It wasn't just the system though, mate.

Stupid Paulo Bento brought the oldies and out of form players to Brazil, instead of betting on younger and in form players, like Wilmots (the Belgian NT coach) did.

Portugal can have a great generation for 3 competitions (from Euro 2020 to Euro 2024), but the major Portuguese clubs need to give those talented lads a chance.

And Ronaldo was at 50% in the WC. He was always leaving training with ice bags. He should play at CF for Portugal in the future. He has good finishing skills and our CFs suck big time. Besides, we have some quality wingers, so the team would benefit from it imo. :)

Poor round from ashtini means Pip takeover him to the top spot. As it stands, the leaderboard still tight at the top, reckon we could see top 10 rotated a lot after QF like in Ro16.

Latest overall leaderboard

Quarter-finals fixture

If you spot any error, please reply here/PM/VM me personally, thanks :)

It wasn't just the system though' date=' mate.

Stupid Paulo Bento brought the oldies and out of form players to Brazil, instead of betting on younger and in form players, like Wilmots (the Belgian NT coach) did.

Portugal can have a great generation for 3 competitions (from Euro 2020 to Euro 2024), but the major Portuguese clubs need to give those talented lads a chance.

And Ronaldo was at 50% in the WC. He was always leaving training with ice bags. He should play at CF for Portugal in the future. He has good finishing skills and our CFs suck big time. Besides, we have some quality wingers, so the team would benefit from it imo. :)[/quote']

Well, anyways, the only good young player that has shown an ability to have had a key role in the World Cup is William Carvalho.

I'm still 4th anyways, yay!

Vaterni what determines who is the higher ranking in terms of a tie in score?

Can you please tell me what's that Vatreni? :confused::)

It is just a bonus point for that predictors that get champion' date=' runner-up, 3rd, & 4th place in correct order, I personally call that Grandslam point, just like tennis that had 4 GS :D

I'm still 4th anyways, yay!

Vaterni what determines who is the higher ranking in terms of a tie in score?

There's no tie-breaking rules tbh, it was just that SM Forum list formatting that can't determine joint place and I'm not bother to type the place manually as I can do it easier with that

• button :P

So you can call yourself joint 3rd for example :D

Well' date=' anyways, the only good young player that has shown an ability to have had a key role in the World Cup is William Carvalho.[/quote']

I'm not talking about the players, who were in the WC.

William and Rafa (who both got called, but only the former got to play) are 2 members of that generation.

I could mention like 20 more talented Portuguese youngsters, who just need their chance to possibly become very good players. :)

It is just a bonus point for that predictors that get champion' date=' runner-up, 3rd, & 4th place in correct order, I personally call that Grandslam point, just like tennis that had 4 GS :D[/quote']

Thanks mate, I'm a tennis fan myself. ;)

I'm not talking about the players' date=' who were in the WC.

William and Rafa (who both got called, but only the former got to play) are 2 members of that generation.

I could mention like 20 more talented Portuguese youngsters, who just need their chance to possibly become very good players. :)

[/quote']

As in Raphael Guerreiro,

Andre Gomes,

Rafa Silva,

Bruno Fernandes,

Ricardo Pereira,

Joao Mario,

Armindo Burma,

Miguel Rodrigues,

Ricardo Horta,

Mendes Tomate,

Ruben Vezo,

and etc.?

It seems like it may be another golden generation for Portugal judging from my first glance and they all play for good development clubs;

I agree with you earlier saying that Paulo Bento should've used the youngsters; 3 to 6 more, and played them in the final game against Ghana where they really did not have any hope of qualifying for the next round unless they scored 4 or 5

As in Raphael Guerreiro' date='

Andre Gomes,

[b']Rafa Silva,

Bruno Fernandes,[/b]

Ricardo Pereira,

Joao Mario,

Armindo Burma,

Miguel Rodrigues,

Ricardo Horta,

Mendes Tomate,

Ruben Vezo,

and etc.?

It seems like it may be another golden generation for Portugal judging from my first glance and they all play for good development clubs;

I agree with you earlier saying that Paulo Bento should've used the youngsters; 3 to 6 more, and played them in the final game against Ghana where they really did not have any hope of qualifying for the next round unless they scored 4 or 5

From your group, I especially rate the bolded ones, I can also add, for instance: William (who you know), Anthony Lopes, José Sá, João Cancelo, Paulo Oliveira, Tiago Ilori, Luís Martins, Rony Lopes, Bernardo Silva (big talent), Carlos Mané, Tozé, Iuri Medeiros and Ivan Cavaleiro.

They just need to be nurtured. :)