The Set-Up

PinkMan

Re: The Set-Up

Team of Turn 1

1007976_Manchester_City.jpg

Manager of the Turn

Ashtini

Ash's boys did the business tonight and saw off a spirited Atletico side in a 6 goal thriller.

Nasri and Higuain ran the show with a large chunk of help coming via Nastasic.

It's the perfect start for City and they'll be high on confidence going into their next game.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

The Dark Side

19.jpg

Cesc Fabregas (Barcelona)

In the biggest spectacle in world football there is often heros and always villains. Cesc was the latter tonight.

2 tackles on Bale and Modric in the opening 15 minutes brought him 2 yellows and put his sides backs against the wall for the remainder of the match.

They excelled without him but that will do little to lift the weight off of the Spanish playmakers shoulders and with the glut of talent at the managers disposal, could Fabregas have ruined his chance to stamp down a starting place?

Atletico Madrid 2-4 Manchester City

Hamsik '6

Nastasic '22

Nasri '29

Higuain '62 '72

Koke '75

Dzeko%20goal%20celeb1.ashx?h=281&w=500

It was a game of glorious goals;

Hamsik strikes the free kick low and hard.

GOAL!! - The free kick flies in off the post!

Nastasic tries his luck from a long way out.

GOAL!! - The ball sails over Courtois and into the goal.

Nastasic wins the ball. He takes it forward and plays a defence splitting through ball. Higuain drills in the shot.

GOAL!! - It zips past the keeper and into the net.

Koke looks to curl one home from distance.

GOAL!! - Great dive by HART but he can't reach it.

tc-logo.png

In other news there have been two new transfer arrivals at Man City;

Juan Cuadrado

article-2598813-1CE24EA800000578-911_634x341.jpg

Kevin Strootman

Kevin-Strootman.png

Forget it was the first match day yesterday :o

Luiz Gustavo comes in for Ferdinand and 3.4 Million which gives a younger looking defence

Joao Moutinho joins with Anderson and Buttner leaving, gives us a top class midfielder will be important as Carrick is getting old.

Aquilani joins as a back up allows me to have some rotation around the centre of the midfield

Anyukov joins very cheap and gives us back up on the right side of the field

Sorry guys I won't be able to go ahead with the proposed Clueless News Reports as I will need to start part time work along with my studies and will have very less time for SM. It is a change that I wasn't expecting but now I've got to live with it.

As for SM related news Juventus managed to win our first game 2-1 away against Borussia Dortmund. Suarez and Draxler with the goals. Hopefully Draxler can continue with his good start because we missed out on most of the better wingers at external.

Sorry guys I won't be able to go ahead with the proposed Clueless News Reports as I will need to start part time work along with my studies and will have very less time for SM. It is a change that I wasn't expecting but now I've got to live with it.

As for SM related news Juventus managed to win our first game 2-1 away against Borussia Dortmund. Suarez and Draxler with the goals. Hopefully Draxler can continue with his good start because we missed out on most of the better wingers at external.

That's a shame, but understandable.

Small transfer update for Barca:

Mascherano, Adriano, Keirrison and Bojan on the way out.

Rodri could very well be the next one to leave as Lorenzo insigne is close to signing for Barca and would take the last attacker spot in the squad.

Might make one or two more signings from external. But I'm pretty much done tbh.

Still open for internal deals though, if anyone's interested.

Last night it was Fabregas, and tonight it was Valdes who massivly let the team down as he only managed to save 1 out of 6 shots on target from reaching the net.

Barcelona lost 5 - 4 to Schalke in a thrilling SMFA Champions Cup Group A encounter.

Neymar, Iniesta and Sánchez were amongst the goalscorers.

This is simply unacceptable and another performance like that will surely see him benched..

Next match is on thursday against Dortmund.

Pinkman (Forum) steered Bayern München to victory against fierce rivals Bayer Leverkusen.

Bayern München beat Bayer Leverkusen 4 - 3 in a thrilling SMFA Champions Cup Group B encounter.

Mandžukić and Balotelli were amongst the goalscorers

A Mandzukic hat-trick and a late Balotelli winner give us the perfect start to our European campaign.

Turn 2 Preview

Juventus v Bayern Munchen

Both sides come into the game having won impressively in their opening fixtures and the hosts will be looking to make the most of home advantage tonight. This has all the making of a good encounter but I can see it being a close game with few goals

Key Players: Luis Suarez (Juve) & M.Gotze (Bayern)

My Prediction: 1-1 Draw

Chelsea v Atletico Madrid

The bottom two meet at Stamford Bridge and will both be desperate to get their first points on the board. Lots of attacking talent will be on display so defences could have a huge say on the outcome. Could be goals in this one.

Key Players: John Terry (Chelsea) & Diego Godin (Atletico)

My Prediction: 3-2 Chelsea

Manchester City v Paris Saint-Germain

The money-bags of world football come head to head and it'll no doubt be a game that everybody will be watching! Both sides won their openers and will be looking to keep that momentum going. Neither will hold back and i'm expecting and end to end affair.

Key Players: Gonzalo Higuain (City) & Thiago Silva (PSG)

My Prediction: 2-2 Draw

Manchester United v Real Madrid

A fixture that'll get everybody who loves football excited. The history of these 2 clubs is well known worldwide but it's all about the here and now and right now, Madrid have one of the greatest squads around. It'll take a big effort from the hosts to get the 3 points but at Old Trafford, anythings possible!

Key Players: Juan Mata (United) & Gareth Bale (Madrid)

My Prediction: 2-1 Madrid

Barcelona v Borussia Dortmund

Both clubs have started slowly but have undoubted class. I expect Barca to dominate possession as per usual tonight but Dortmund are super effective on the break and will fancy their chances against the Messi and Co.

Key Players: Andres Iniesta (Barca) & Radamel Falcao (Dortmund)

My Prediction: 1-1 Draw

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS3SaSNxkex_QIAJ9n7cOr9irYlOZN8X63Z-9OYUZZ3I-BldELQ

Real Madrid Signings to date

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ5JlDq90bJ3ChGiNHI0Nqfq12fHoDDmg0kmDeQzgKB_oFZIVk7oQ

Sturridge

We needed a Striker to come in and Daniel fits the bill perfectly, He is quick and strong and could be the perfect fit at Madrid.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQynNpyV1iqZttWs-NBEQQAxEVCpT2autSzZK0sa_8qDlsqXjNxmw

Ginter

Matthias is a little gem and has a bright future ahead of him this is shown by his selection for the World Cup in Brazil, He will feature mainly in our Cup teams for now.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRsmO05quBgqsXGU8SQEn-hO5LNG3g73yRrS0mL39yyLgP_Pt7xhw

Bosscielny

This guy is the perfect Centre Back quick,strong,good in the air and with the ball at his feet, He will challenge Pepe for a starting role straight away.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS9Ytk-9pahn32yShH66ky4am-t57S4bzT87ms8In1mAfzegAPX

Rakitic

Ivan has had a remarkable season in Seville and I made this a priority signing, He will challenge with Khedira to partner Modric in the team.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQr70Xccz3BB0d7JAgujNG3-dnVzy8EYzSdp6gO3LJ3tj81qIRg

Jorginho

Brazilian born but will represent Italy at this summers World Cup. At 6m I felt he was a good buy as I believe he can reach 90+ and potentially be a future star at International level.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSMos3ovaGmhdh5dTdddklKKDhsqgpRJCwWcZ1iL6KvJvKWSYfd

James

Unbelievable talent and I believe Monaco is a stepping stone to greater things for this boy and starting with the World Cup he will showcase his talents.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT2k5jTRpj_qwXfOVoIN8h3dLPQ3gm1NhTXPpcA3KLpJeiPhTc3

Hulk

Mainly brought in to challenge Benzema and Sturridge but for his price I won't argue.

Jefferson FARFÁN has completed his move to Manchester United from FC Schalke 04 for 4,150,000 plus Darren FLETCHER

Will be in competition for the right wing with Valencia,Kagawa and Nani

The offer for Wesley SNEIJDER of Galatasaray SK from Manchester United has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

Slots in beside Carrick to make our central midfielders all 92 B)

Team of Turn 2

1011355_Real_Madrid_CF.jpg

Manager of the Turn

Noisy

Easy choice tonight as Noisy's Madrid ran riot at Old Trafford.

Inspired performances from the world's 2 most expensive players in Ronaldo and Bale saw Stephen's men chasing shadows for the majority of the night in Manchester.

All this despite playing 85 minutes with 10 men after Pepe's early sending off!

Goals came from Benzema, Ronaldo (2) and Bale.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

The Dark Side

3302.jpg

Ferreira Pepe (Real Madrid)

Despite his side winning comfortably tonight, this man was the only choice to appear in this turn's hall of shame.

The game was just 5 minutes old when Pepe, unprovoked, planted his elbow into the face of Robin Van Persie right in front of the referee.

Not quite sure what he was thinking. Didn't fancy it tonight maybe? He was given his marching orders anyway and his team went on to excel.