Re: The Class of '92.

Again i agree. I would prefer a smaller budget' date=' aside from the fact it keeps it more original to me it also makes it more interesting to try and battle your way to success.[/quote']

Exactly, what happens when those managers who like to squander there 100m transfer funds have no money to spend? Will they walk away?

Less money makes it a constant work in progress, scouting then comes into play thus making you a manager, scout and financial advisor trying to juggle funds accordingly to avoid falling in the red, assuming you are managing a smaller side.

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: The Class of '92. It's a Sunday, which means it's Game Day! Interested in joining this unique set-up? This is not a set up where it is too late to join, trust me on that. You want a top job

Not played SM for a good 6 months now but wanted to come back and revisit an idea for a custom setup I once created a good few years back.....one for the nostalgics! The Class of '92 1992 saw the bi

Re: The Class of '92. This is a great idea Benjo!

Exactly' date=' what happens when those managers who like to squander there 100m transfer funds have no money to spend? Will they walk away?

Less money makes it a constant work in progress, scouting then comes into play thus making you a manager, scout and financial advisor trying to juggle funds accordingly to avoid falling in the red, assuming you are managing a smaller side. [/font']

I fully agree with this!

100 million looks like a decent amount. What do you say?

Let us consider it realistically. If you're given 100M in div.4' date=' you'll probably buy Ronaldo, Meyer, Pjanic, Castan in a say Wrexham side. You keep on winning & offered a job directly at Sunderland. Now, would you prefer to take that job? For what would you want promotion in job when you can climb up with your div.4 club? It will just make the game world highly unrealistic & not at all interesting.

So I would like that we prefer very tight budget & if possible some bans on signing of some signings. Like what if you've made a yousters team comprising of Bakkali, Hojbjerg, Jese, Durm, Tielemans. Would you like to leave such a fantastic team to play in a EPL side like QPR? A solution is required for these problems.

Sorry but I not speak very well English and I have several questions:

1) Is there any rule when it comes to signing?

2) Do the teams will be drawn from the 1 St to 4 th division?

3) When the League begin?

Best regards :)

An update coming later this evening regarding when we will open' date=' budget etc.

Also, I will begin sorting teams from this evening.

27 and counting......keep pushing for more!

Cheers[/center']

There is your answer buddy.

Let us consider it realistically. If you're given 100M in div.4' date=' you'll probably buy Ronaldo, Meyer, Pjanic, Castan in a say Wrexham side. You keep on winning & offered a job directly at Sunderland. Now, would you prefer to take that job? For what would you want promotion in job when you can climb up with your div.4 club? It will just make the game world highly unrealistic & not at all interesting.

So I would like that we prefer very tight budget & if possible some bans on signing of some signings. Like what if you've made a yousters team comprising of Bakkali, Hojbjerg, Jese, Durm, Tielemans. Would you like to leave such a fantastic team to play in a EPL side like QPR? A solution is required for these problems.

There is your answer buddy.[/quote']

buying ronaldo on a d4 team would be ridiculous, tbh, obviously the stadium size/attendance won't support a large/high rated team, and you can't get him back later on in the GW. 100mil is too much though, as soon as someone gets a team, even like sunderland, they'll just get messi + ronaldo.

something in the range of 30-50mil maybe? 50 might still be a lot though.

buying ronaldo on a d4 team would be ridiculous' date=' tbh, obviously the stadium size/attendance won't support a large/high rated team, and you can't get him back later on in the GW. 100mil is too much though, as soon as someone gets a team, even like sunderland, they'll just get messi + ronaldo.

something in the range of 30-50mil maybe? 50 might still be a lot though.[/quote']

I think 10 mil mate. 20 mil max.. It makes things really easy

Personally I would keep it with standard budgets. If it is the class of 92 not every club had 100m.

It is starting to lose the appeal if such things are going to be implemented. Why can't clubs just start with the budget they originally start with? I mean once players are sold + original budget even many of the smaller clubs will have at least 10m+.

100m is just going to make it way to easy to buy your way to success straight away and for me that is just not particularly realistic of how things were back in 92.

Agree' date=' I will move a bit on budget but won't go silly on it!

I agree, 100m per club will just create chaos.

Keep starting budgets original, or at least to a maximum of around 30m or so.

Chaos indeed! You will have to all earn your mega bucks signing's I'm afraid!

Sorry but I not speak very well English and I have several questions:

1) Is there any rule when it comes to signing?

2) Do the teams will be drawn from the 1 St to 4 th division?

3) When the League begin?

Best regards :)

1) Not really other than no buying from unmanaged.

2) only div 3 and 4.

3)This weekend for sure.

I think 10 mil mate. 20 mil max.. It makes things really easy

I will be going with max of £20mil. That is huge for a div 4 side!

Cheers

From 2100hrs British Time, I will begin contacting managers 1 by 1 to offer 1 club at a time (max 3), you will be able to stick or twist.

If you would like to know who gets what club, please keep your eye on the 1st post of this thread.

Over the weekend, I aim to give you your team.

So, if you are reading this or know somebody who would be interested in joining TOC92.................NOW'S THE F'ING TIME!

Cheers

P.S. The club allocation is randomised, so you are at very little disadvantage if you are approached lastly for you choice of club.

For info I have listed the clubs 40-80 and I will use www.random.org for the number generator.

Like I mention, you will need to keep your eye on the 1st post to keep updated with what manager gets what club.

However, for the purpose of my offers, I will update the thread now.

Let's be honest, if I wanted to fix it for myself I easily could but I guess you will have to trust me. Nobody likes a cheat and that includes myself. ;)

Here goes.....

Club Offer 1: Colchester United

Errrm nah you're alright, i'll twist!

Club Offer 2: Rotherham United

Again......i'll twist

Club Offer 3: Burnley.

I have no choice but to take these but I really cannot complain, worth twisting for!

I shall begin to contact you all in 1 minute, 1 by 1!

Please note, this will take a good amount of time as you are not all on at the same time.

;)

If any of the following managers are online now, contact me either in game via chat now or on the forum via private message:

Stevie GI

AniAniAni

BarcaKes1

ShaneMcG

Jackal

kupest

Sohan Patel

hog0101

Sir Faith Ogundele

Nikidinho

kusnadixiuli

PinkMan

Justin X

nitemarre

Elohim

sonofpluto

Noisy

drink

Here online until 22:15 British Time.

P.S. If you are interested - not too late to get your name down!!!

So I would like that we prefer very tight budget & if possible some bans on signing of some signings. Like what if you've made a yousters team comprising of Bakkali, Hojbjerg, Jese, Durm, Tielemans. Would you like to leave such a fantastic team to play in a EPL side like QPR? A solution is required for these problems.[/quote']

Realistically you wouldn't be able to buy Ronaldo though would you? Since there is a cap on how high a player can be rated when compared to your squad average/or first team average, I do not remember which it is off hand I think it is the latter. It use to be +10 but then seemingly that seemed to drop to about +8.

If any of the following managers are online now, contact me either in game via chat now or on the forum via private message:

Stevie GI

kupest

Sohan Patel

hog0101

kusnadixiuli

PinkMan

Elohim

Noisy

drink

Jamie3184

Taylor8

Matt72

Here online until 10:00AM British Time.

Stevie GI

kupest

Sohan Patel

hog0101

kusnadixiuli

PinkMan

Elohim

Noisy

drink

Jamie3184

Taylor8

Matt72

Here online until 11:45AM British Time.

I need to start saying no to Matt at some point' date=' but that is not this day!

This day I'll join!

Pop my name down. Interesting idea as long as people stick with it.[/quote']

Excellent - I've put your name down.

If you are back on later this evening, I shall sort your team out with you.

Hoping to have this open tomorrow at some point.