TCO92 - Match Previews/Reports, Transfer News & General Nonsense.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: TCO92 - Match Previews/Reports, Transfer News & General Nonsense. To match Allan's analysis and make up for some inactivity on this forum in recent days, I bring you the underachievers of the

Re: TCO92 - Match Previews/Reports, Transfer News & General Nonsense. Before the start of the second half of the season, I thought it would be a good idea to set up a mid-term synopsis of the div

Re: TCO92 - Match Previews/Reports, Transfer News & General Nonsense. TOP OVERACHIEVERS SO FAR So far this season, some clubs have absolutely impressed the world. Division 3 Overachiev

Re: TCO92 - Match Previews/Reports, Transfer News & General Nonsense.

Come on benjo who is this lincoln manager? Please Get him out of here or I'll have to leave this setup.

Like Pedro, ive been totally oblivious to the situation (the price of having sooo many clubs :() I think this could possibly be my first experience of cheating in a forum run custom...very sad to see, an I hope the culprit gets...at the very least...diarrhea for six months :eek:

Justin mate, this will take sometime before he gets booted (if he does). Ive only seen it happen once, in one of Matt's GW's an it was for a different reason. That took at least a couple of weeks :rolleyes:

I remember he said that indians are m**rs and he's coming for all other black people. How could u be so ignorant?

AniAni was talking about giving Benjo time to sort this out. Its not like he can kick them out himself ! Obviously the other person should be out of the game.

Please atleast see who I am talking about and who made those remarks. I am not even talking about Fowler.

Guys, I got a question,

Now, I tried this two-account business a long time ago (circa 2010) to see how foolproof this system was, and from what I can remember, a person could not have two accounts in the same GW if both accounts were operated from the same IP-address. Has this changed?

Guys' date=' I got a question,

Now, I tried this two-account business a long time ago (circa 2010) to see how foolproof this system was, and from what I can remember, a person could not have two accounts in the same GW if both accounts were operated from the same IP-address. Has this changed?[/quote']

I tried that too a long time ago too, and the same thing occured as what occured to you. Maybe the person uses one account at work and another at home?

I tried that too a long time ago too' date=' and the same thing occured as what occured to you. Maybe the person uses one account at work and another at home?[/quote']

It's the only way, unless he has multiple networks (enterprise) at home, which I highly doubt.

Besides, looking at his profile, it says: "Mike Fowler, Location: India" - seems extra legitimate.

Even if there isn't enough proof to ban them, he'll be getting a permanent ban from SM for language usage anyway.

Now, I tried this two-account business a long time ago (circa 2010) to see how foolproof this system was, and from what I can remember, a person could not have two accounts in the same GW if both accounts were operated from the same IP-address. Has this changed?[/quote']

I was always under the impression it was done by devices. For example:

I create two accounts, Bradford and Lincoln.

I first log in to the Bradford account on my Laptop and put in a transfer request for a Lincoln player. I log out of the Bradford account and then in to the Lincoln account using the SAME laptop. As the Lincoln manager i accept Bradfords transfer request. It should automatically get rejected.

If i do the above again except i use different Laptops for the two accounts, log in to Bradford on one and Lincoln on the other then i think the transfer would go through.

I was talking about the comment Lincoln manager made today on benjo's post in the gw. Didn't knew you didn't knew. Well now you do.

I missed it as well, i logged in and his comment had already been reported. If he was using racist language then i would assume he will get banned by SM. Still doesn't solve the problem of the Bradford manager though.

I was always under the impression it was done by devices. For example:

I create two accounts' date=' Bradford and Lincoln.

I first log in to the Bradford account on my Laptop and put in a transfer request for a Lincoln player. I log out of the Bradford account and then in to the Lincoln account using the SAME laptop. As the Lincoln manager i accept Bradfords transfer request. It should automatically get rejected.

If i do the above again except i use different Laptops for the two accounts, log in to Bradford on one and Lincoln on the other then i think the transfer would go through.

[/quote']

That's the thing though, this wouldn't work normally, even if there are two PC's being used, as packages are being sent from the same network, but as Nitemarre already pointed out, it could very well be another network he's using to do this.

And as you say, that Mike Fowler is going to be banned anyway for bad language.

Yup that is right he cannot. The only way a person can have multiple accounts in the same setup is if he's using a different network like muallan suggested or if he's using 2 different ip addresses which would only work if he has 2 different NICs or a VM. The latter is highly unlikely just to cheat on SM.

Anyways the guy will probably be banned soon for his language.

That's the thing though' date=' this wouldn't work normally, even if there are two PC's being used, as packages are being sent from the same network, but as Nitemarre already pointed out, it could very well be another network he's using to do this.

And as you say, that Mike Fowler is going to be banned anyway for bad language.[/quote']

I thought each device has it's own ISP address as well as your router having an ISP address. So in theory you could use two devices on the same network to do a deal.

As long as the accounts were only ever logging into on the different devices, as soon as both accounts were logged into on the same device the deals should be rejected.

If that makes any sense, i'm not sure if that's correct.

I am in a game world with a group of friends, some of whom work together. They can do deals with each other using their work's network on their own separate computers. Two of them tried to use the same computer to do a deal once and it got rejected, they can no longer do deals at work now.

Anyways, I'm going to place my verdict here:

- Both from India, albeit one with an Indian and another with a Caucasian name.

- Both have similar SM ID's: (first letter of first name)(surname)(7-digit number).

- Lincoln have purchased other players for SM value, with the only three 'shocking' transfers involving the Bradford City manager.

- Never seen both of them online simultaneously.

Unforgiving, but both out, A.S.A.P.

That's the thing though' date=' this wouldn't work normally, even if there are two PC's being used, as packages are being sent from the same network, but as Nitemarre already pointed out, it could very well be another network he's using to do this.

And as you say, that Mike Fowler is going to be banned anyway for bad language.[/quote']

What exactly did he say? Since the news feed was reported so I could not see it.

Anyways' date=' I'm going to place my verdict here:

- Both from India, albeit one with an Indian and another with a Caucasian name.

- Both have similar SM ID's: (first letter of first name)(surname)(7-digit number).

- Lincoln have purchased other players for SM value, with the only three 'shocking' transfers involving the Bradford City manager.

- Never seen both of them online simultaneously.

Unforgiving, but both out, A.S.A.P.[/quote']

I agree, and don't forget their previous history in transfers in previous game worlds (including, Valdes for 30million! Wilshere for 15m + Dante...and 3 more I think)

What exactly did he say? Since the news feed was reported so I could not see it.

I didn't either, but from what I've heard a whole lot of racist stuff (Blacks, Indians, etc. out, all that rubbish, despite him "coming from India", which is actually pretty comical).

I remember a person posing under the name of Adolf Hitler in one of my previous GW's, and he was immediately banned too (without even posting anything). I can't see this ending any different. :)

I thought each device has it's own ISP address as well as your router having an ISP address. So in theory you could use two devices on the same network to do a deal.

As long as the accounts were only ever logging into on the different devices' date=' as soon as both accounts were logged into on the same device the deals should be rejected.

If that makes any sense, i'm not sure if that's correct.

I am in a game world with a group of friends, some of whom work together. They can do deals with each other using their work's network on their own separate computers. Two of them tried to use the same computer to do a deal once and it got rejected, they can no longer do deals at work now.[/quote']

Actually that's incorrect Jamie.

A computer has something called an internal ip using which all devices talk to each other locally.

Also there is an external ip which is then mapped on and this is the ip which is the ip address for your house. Cannot be different. So if a government agency suspects you in a cyber crime they get your ip address to catch you.

Actually that's incorrect Jamie.

A computer has something called an internal ip using which all devices talk to each other locally.

Also there is an external ip which is then mapped on and this is the ip which is the ip address for your house. Cannot be different. So if a government agency suspects you in a cyber crime they get your ip address to catch you.

Isn't that what i just said or am i missing something :confused:

Every device has it's own and the router has one i.e the network ip.

Isn't that what i just said or am i missing something :confused:

Every device has it's own and the router has one i.e the network ip.

Nope you said that 2 devices on the same network can do a deal. They can't because they have the same ip i.e common external ip. Anyways the guy will be kicked.

Nope you said that 2 devices on the same network can do a deal. They can't because they have the same ip i.e common external ip. Anyways the guy will be kicked.

How can my mates do deals on their works network then?

What happens if two family members are in the same game world together e.g brothers living at home with their parents?