TCO92 - Match Previews/Reports, Transfer News & General Nonsense.

Benjo_Benjo

Re: TCO92 - Match Previews/Reports, Transfer News & General Nonsense.

Yes I won but extremely disappointed that it was only 4-0. I tried something new and fully expected to win as my team is vastly stronger' date=' however I expected it to be closer to 8 or 9 goals to 0.[/font']

Bully......poor Luton is being absolutely annihilated this season......how do you sleep at night?!

:P

Oh dear 14th placed Arsenal!!!

Ipswich Town: 4

F.RICHARDSON*3

S.EBANKS-BLAKE*47, 73

D.MURPHY*79

Arsenal: 2

M.ARTETA*31

S.CAZORLA*50

One day your fortunes will turn around with the appointment of one of us gaffers! But until then.....struggle on!

:D

Oh dear 14th placed Arsenal!!!

One day your fortunes will turn around with the appointment of one of us gaffers! But until then.....struggle on!

:D

I'm hoping to gain the sympathy vote for my awful squad and get promotion to Stamford Bridge :eek:B)

Next up we face a tough test at home to Swansea.

B)

Oh boy, I'm dreading this.

I must put my Maschpotato on Neymar all through the game.

Swansea are currently testing out some new formations. Our game tonight against Chelsea will tell me some more about the team.

Andy Burr (AJB Forum) earned a draw with Cambridge United against Leyton Orient.

The match ended 0 - 0 between Cambridge United and Leyton Orient in their Division 3 fixture.

Badly dropped points against Orient! Even though they have a superior team, we had the lions share of the game....still a points a point B)

Here are my Division 3 Predictions:

1. Swansea City (CHAMPIONS)

2. Sunderland (PROMOTED)

Playoff Winners: Reading

Playoff Runner-Up: West Bromwich Albion

Honourable Mentions: Burnley' date=' Fulham, Bolton, Brighton

Overachievers: Bradford City

Relegated: Luton Town, Cambridge United, Stockport County (sorry)

Here are my Division 4 Predictions:

1. Cardiff City (CHAMPIONS)

2. Hull City (PROMOTED)

Playoff Winners: Wigan Athletic

Playoff Runner-Up: AFC Bournemouth

Honourable Mentions: Blackpool, Preston North End, Bury, Huddersfield Town

Overachievers: Preston North End[/quote']

Wow, my prediction so far have been pure awful

My Division 3 top 8:

Swansea City, Sunderland, Reading, WBA, Burnley, Fulham, Bolton, Brighton

The real top 8:

Rotherham United, Stoke City, Bolton, Fulham, Brentford, Reading, Burnley, Birmingham City

My Division 4 top 8:

Cardiff, Hull, Wigan, Bournemouth, Blackpool, Preston, Bury, Huddersfield

The real top 8:

Wigan, Cardiff, Chester, Bournemouth, Crewe, Preston, Exeter, Bury

lol

Having settled into the Luton Town managers seat I have set myself a target of staying in the league. It is a Tony Pulis inspired task but the league with the exception of us is tight and if we can score more and concede much much less than we have been then it's on! :D

News of signings will follow once we have something concrete agreed. Looking forward to an epic challenge this season and beyond.

Matthew Webb (matt72 Forums) steered Fulham to victory against Bristol Rovers.

Fulham outclassed Bristol Rovers and beat them 5 - 2 in a thrilling Division 3 encounter.

Jorginho scored a brace and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Rossi and Markovic were also amongst the goalscorers.

Another crucial win and more importantly a boost to the Goal Difference. After some managerial blunders we are firmly back on track now.

Niall Taylor steered Cardiff City to victory against Walsall.

Cardiff City beat Walsall 3 - 1 in their Division 4 fixture.

Bacca scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Cassano and Aquilani were also amongst the goalscorers.

Joint Top on 20 points:D

Bolton Wanderers beat Reading 2 - 1 in their Division 3 fixture.

Barzagli scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Gignac was also on the scoresheet for his side.

Bolton and Stoke are now joint league leaders with 19 pts with Stoke ahead on GD.

Hull City 2-2 York City

Things looked ominous for us when Vargas gave a much stronger Hull side the lead after 60 seconds. Just after half time, Toni Kroos headed home what looked to be the killer second goal. But then....something funny happened. York City got angry, and fought back. El Hamdaoui got the backsides of Hull fans twitching when he hit a 67th minute goal to make it 2-1. That old fashioned kitchen sink was now starting to be prepared to be thrown at Hull as York grew in confidence and spirit. A terrific save from Navas stopped a Sougou bullet header but it was short lived relief for Hull. Just four minutes later, Kazuki Nagasawa found himself inside the box and cooly finished to send the visiting supporters into raptures at 2-2.

It could have been even better. Two minutes from time, De Zeeuw saw his effort tipped onto the post otherwise it could have been a 3-2 comeback win!

Pleased with the point as I expected a defeat. We played very well and it was actually statistically a very close game with us edging it. With more talented players on the pitch, I believe we would have won that game by a couple of goals!

Don't worry about your predictions Allan' date=' still a very long way to go.

Nice to see how competitive things have been, though. :)[/quote']

But I need my predictions to be right so all the teams with all the 90+ players leave and I can take a little easier path to promotion :) ... jk, there are too many good managers that can put a harder opposition a tough test

Hull City seems inactive...

But I need my predictions to be right so all the teams with all the 90+ players leave and I can take a little easier path to promotion :) ... jk' date=' there are too many good managers that can put a harder opposition a tough test

Hull City seems inactive...[/quote']

You never know, smaller teams can upset bigger ones. :)

And I'd like to say here and now that, although my team has been underperforming so far, I recognise I was tremendously lucky to get them.

Therefore, I assure you guys that, in the event of triggering a job offer, I'll reject it.

No Man. Utd, City, Liverpool, Chelsea or Arsenal will make me abandon my project.

After all, I didn't sign Scuffet and Brandt for short / medium term purposes. ;)

Colchester 7 v 4 Mansfield Town

My Mansfield side got a shellacking at the hands of Colchester.

Game engine seems to have gone a little beserk, with 11 goals scored.

Not a great day for the keepers.

Colchester scored 7 from 12 on target.

Mansfield 4 from 11.

Tough Times at Luton Town

harford-luton_1383371c.jpg

Having spent the first couple of days scouting the competition both in division 3 and division 4 the size of the task at hand has really hit home for Lutons new manager. In a league featuring stars the likes of Neymar and Rossi, Luton boasts a total squad value of 5.4m.

I dove straight into the transfer market in order to strengthen before the next league game but alas the first 3 attempted signings have rejected the chance to move to Luton with all 3 stating it was just too glamorous a location and they would struggle to focus on football with all the wonderful distractions Luton has to offer.

A spirited performance last night saw Luton go down 3-1 to Bradford. After 9 games they have yet to collect a single league point. Much work is needed and the transfer budget will need to be spent wisely building towards next season.

Having spent the first couple of days scouting the competition both in division 3 and division 4 the size of the task at hand has really hit home for Lutons new manager. In a league featuring stars the likes of Neymar and Rossi' date=' Luton boasts a total squad value of 5.4m.

I dove straight into the transfer market in order to strengthen before the next league game but alas the first 3 attempted signings have rejected the chance to move to Luton with all 3 stating it was just too glamorous a location and they would struggle to focus on football with all the wonderful distractions Luton has to offer.

A spirited performance last night saw Luton go down 3-1 to Bradford. After 9 games they have yet to collect a single league point. Much work is needed and the transfer budget will need to be spent wisely building towards next season.[/quote']

Nice to see Luton being given some love!

Best of luck pal!

Having spent the first couple of days scouting the competition both in division 3 and division 4 the size of the task at hand has really hit home for Lutons new manager. In a league featuring stars the likes of Neymar and Rossi' date=' Luton boasts a total squad value of 5.4m.

A spirited performance last night saw Luton go down 3-1 to Bradford. After 9 games they have yet to collect a single league point. Much work is needed and the transfer budget will need to be spent wisely building towards next season.[/quote']

Best of luck mate, hopefully someone will join your squad and won't get distracted by the beauty of the city of Luton :P

Best of luck mate' date=' hopefully someone will join your squad and won't get distracted by the beauty of the city of Luton :P[/quote']

I am guessing you have never been to Luton then? It is an absolute dump.