TCO92 - Match Previews/Reports, Transfer News & General Nonsense.

Re: TCO92 - Match Previews/Reports, Transfer News & General Nonsense.

Tough Times at Luton Town

harford-luton_1383371c.jpg

Having spent the first couple of days scouting the competition both in division 3 and division 4 the size of the task at hand has really hit home for Lutons new manager. In a league featuring stars the likes of Neymar and Rossi' date=' Luton boasts a total squad value of 5.4m.

I dove straight into the transfer market in order to strengthen before the next league game but alas the first 3 attempted signings have rejected the chance to move to Luton with all 3 stating it was just too glamorous a location and they would struggle to focus on football with all the wonderful distractions Luton has to offer.

A spirited performance last night saw Luton go down 3-1 to Bradford. After 9 games they have yet to collect a single league point. Much work is needed and the transfer budget will need to be spent wisely building towards next season.[/quote']

As a fellow small team struggler i feel your pain, i had a few players reject signing for Stockport.

Good luck and i hope you do well. Although not too well, obviously i need to stay in the league as well :P

I am guessing you have never been to Luton then? It is an absolute dump.

And that's being kind to Luton!

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: TCO92 - Match Previews/Reports, Transfer News & General Nonsense. To match Allan's analysis and make up for some inactivity on this forum in recent days, I bring you the underachievers of the

Re: TCO92 - Match Previews/Reports, Transfer News & General Nonsense. Before the start of the second half of the season, I thought it would be a good idea to set up a mid-term synopsis of the div

Re: TCO92 - Match Previews/Reports, Transfer News & General Nonsense. TOP OVERACHIEVERS SO FAR So far this season, some clubs have absolutely impressed the world. Division 3 Overachiev

I am guessing you have never been to Luton then? It is an absolute dump.

That was sarcasm mate, looking at pictures of Luton I can see it's not even sub-par of a city, it got voted 2nd most ugliest town center in UK :)... saying that, most British cities are just old and don't appeal to the younger generation :o

I'd rather stay in the boring region of 550 000 that I live in currently that's in Canada :)

Having spent the first couple of days scouting the competition both in division 3 and division 4 the size of the task at hand has really hit home for Lutons new manager. In a league featuring stars the likes of Neymar and Rossi' date=' Luton boasts a total squad value of 5.4m.

I dove straight into the transfer market in order to strengthen before the next league game but alas the first 3 attempted signings have rejected the chance to move to Luton with all 3 stating it was just too glamorous a location and they would struggle to focus on football with all the wonderful distractions Luton has to offer.

A spirited performance last night saw Luton go down 3-1 to Bradford. After 9 games they have yet to collect a single league point. Much work is needed and the transfer budget will need to be spent wisely building towards next season.[/quote']

You'll bounce back, mate. ;)

haha, welcome, from the Barnet manager in a same kind of situation as you are.

After another disappointing loss in the league it was nice to bounce back with another very good result in a cup competition.

After beating Luton 7-2 in the shield a week ago with a very low rated second string they have once again done me proud. This time by beating the much bigger club Southampton 4-1 in the cup.

Serious consideration will have to go to whether they start in the league on Thursday.

Lost to Chester. Both of us had similar rated players on the pitch but we got dominated. Got a win in the league so pretty chuffed to get out of the relegation zone.

We have now been top of the table, 2nd, 7th, relegation zone and mid table. Can't wait for the second transfer window.

Niall Taylor steered Cardiff City to victory against Hull City.

Cardiff City beat Hull City 4 - 0 in their Division 4 fixture.

Bacca scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Konoplyanka was also on the scoresheet for his side.

Still 2nd but level on points with Wigan.

Liridon Cenaj steered Shrewsbury Town to victory against fierce rivals Wrexham in the Cross-border Derby.

Shrewsbury Town beat Wrexham 3 - 0 in their Division 4 fixture.

Cheryshev had an impressive game and was voted Man of the Match.

Bahebeck and López were amongst the goalscorers.

Allan Zhang (muallan - forum) steered Crewe Alexandra to victory against unmanaged Huddersfield Town.

Crewe Alexandra beat Huddersfield Town 4 - 2 in a thrilling Division 4 encounter.

Anderson scored a brace and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Ramírez and Hofmann were also amongst the goalscorers.

And our goalkeeper saved a penalty! :)

WOOHOO!

Back to winning ways!

Back to 4th place!

The underdog story of Crewe continues! :)

York City 1-0 Hartlepool

A 69th minute Sougou goal saved our blushes. It looked as though we might do the unthinkable and fail to beat the whipping boys but we scraped through!!

Really enjoying this little team, can't wait to get some decent transfer targets in once we get a little more money.

Matthew Webb (matt72 Forums) steered Fulham to victory against Leyton Orient.

Fulham outclassed Leyton Orient and thrashed them 6 - 0 in their Division 3 fixture.

Rossi was in fantastic goal-scoring form and bagged 4 goals, later being voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Jorginho and Rode were also amongst the goalscorers.

After tonight's comfortable win as a result we move up to third, just need to avoid injuries if I want to stay in automatic promotion contention.

Andy Burr (AJB Forum) steered Cambridge United to victory against Swansea City.

Cambridge United beat Swansea City 2 - 1 in their Division 3 fixture.

Healey scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Capello was also on the scoresheet for his side.

My "B" side are class :P Ludicrous result...but hey dont blame me, blame the game :rolleyes:

After their result against Swansea City, Cambridge United are now unbeaten in 5 games setting a new club record for most games unbeaten in a row.

Nice..but means nothing if we get relegated!

After a great result in the cup (Walsall 1-0 Watford) to put us into the 3rd round. We then get drawn out in against Bolton :eek:.

Unfortunately our league form has been abysmal, we have now lost 7 games :o. Even though most of the matches have been tight affairs, it is not easy for little Walsall to come up against the top players we have been playing against. For example, in our last match against Bournemouth, Mandzukic scores the 2 goals that gave them a 2-0 win. Even though we haven't been getting the results for our plucky gameplay, im proud of how we have played tight games against much better sides.

After a great result in the cup (Walsall 1-0 Watford) to put us into the 3rd round. We then get drawn out in against Bolton :eek:.

Unfortunately our league form has been abysmal' date=' we have now lost 7 games :o. Even though most of the matches have been tight affairs, it is not easy for little Walsall to come up against the top players we have been playing against. For example, in our last match against Bournemouth, Mandzukic scores the 2 goals that gave them a 2-0 win. Even though we haven't been getting the results for our plucky gameplay, im proud of how we have played tight games against much better sides.[/quote']

Worry not, my Swansea team likes to give points away to the smaller clubs :|

Unfortunately our league form has been abysmal' date=' we have now lost 7 games :o. Even though most of the matches have been tight affairs, it is not easy for little Walsall to come up against the top players we have been playing against. For example, in our last match against Bournemouth, Mandzukic scores the 2 goals that gave them a 2-0 win. Even though we haven't been getting the results for our plucky gameplay, im proud of how we have played tight games against much better sides.[/quote']

I feel your pain mate. Also nice to see another Bears fan around :)

Benjo Benjo (Forum) steered Burnley to victory against Sunderland.

Burnley beat Sunderland 2 - 0 in their Division 3 fixture.

Neymar scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Henrique was also on the scoresheet for his side.

Up to 5th now and unbeaten in 4.........cue the music......"Braaaazil, Braaaazil, Braaaaaaaazilllll!".

:D