TCO92 - Match Previews/Reports, Transfer News & General Nonsense.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: TCO92 - Match Previews/Reports, Transfer News & General Nonsense. To match Allan's analysis and make up for some inactivity on this forum in recent days, I bring you the underachievers of the

Re: TCO92 - Match Previews/Reports, Transfer News & General Nonsense. Before the start of the second half of the season, I thought it would be a good idea to set up a mid-term synopsis of the div

Re: TCO92 - Match Previews/Reports, Transfer News & General Nonsense. TOP OVERACHIEVERS SO FAR So far this season, some clubs have absolutely impressed the world. Division 3 Overachiev

Re: TCO92 - Match Previews/Reports, Transfer News & General Nonsense.

Bolton Wanderers outclassed Leyton Orient and thrashed them 6 - 1 in their Division 3 fixture.

Ramos was impressive and scored a hat-trick, later being voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Fazio and Mertens were also amongst the goalscorers.

After their result against Leyton Orient, Bolton Wanderers are now unbeaten in 8 games setting a new club record for most games unbeaten in a row.
Bolton Wanderers have now won 6 games in a row after beating Leyton Orient setting a new club record.

Bolton are now 3 points clear at the top of the table with a GD of 23 :D

Matthew Webb (matt72 Forums) earned a draw with Fulham against Sunderland.

A thrilling match ended 3 - 3 between Fulham and Sunderland in their Division 3 encounter.

Rossi and Markovic were amongst the goalscorers.

Definitely 2 points dropped rather than 1 point gained. Now 6 points behind leaders Bolton and three behind 2nd placed Stoke.

Borislav Sharapchiev steered Blackpool to victory against Huddersfield Town.

Blackpool outclassed Huddersfield Town and beat them 2 - 1 in their Division 4 fixture.

Bastón scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Rafinha was also on the scoresheet for his side.

Important win that puts us in 10th place and just 4 pts away from the playoffs:)

Benjo Benjo (Forum) earned a draw with Burnley against Port Vale.

The match ended 2 - 2 between Burnley and Port Vale in their Division 3 fixture.

Jô and Caio were amongst the goalscorers.

Pretty relieved to come back and draw this, considering Olic bagged a brace within the first 11 minutes of the game.

Still not good enough to help us with our promotion ambitions.

Down to 7th and out of the play offs!

Feeling the pressure now.

:(

As the AFC Bournemouth manager resigned on Monday' date=' I am currently in the process of offering this out to up to 3 existing managers, 1 at a time (as per the set up rules).

As always, I will use a random generator.

Cheers[/font']

I thought his team was doing well.... :o

good for my Alexandra however :)

I feel your pain mate. Also nice to see another Bears fan around :)

Bear down!

you guys both support the Bears? :eek:

Well' date=' I like them, 2nd favourite team because they had the Montreal coach in CFL Marc Trestman.

But, go Seahawks lol :)[/quote']

Trestman was a great under the radar appointment by our GM Phil Emery :D

My knowledge of American Football isnt great..but what I do know is Bears suck as much as the Seahawks :D:p

Go Cowboys! My favorite player is Tony Romo B) He plays like I feel...on the edge :eek:

Haha the Cowgirls Andy mate :D. Oh dear didn't the bears demolish them last season, oh yea, on every offensive possession the bears scored points :eek::D

Oh yeah back to soccer and Walsall are still crap, wait I think it might be me and my tactics are crap lol

Rejected Bournemouth' date=' even though they were 3rd and had a squad value double of mine while I am struggling in 16th :P. Not about short term anyways.[/quote']

Fair play mate, respect that.

Just offered it to the 3rd and final manager using a random allocator. Will the vacancy be snapped up?

Rejected Bournemouth' date=' even though they were 3rd and had a squad value double of mine while I am struggling in 16th :P. Not about short term anyways.[/quote']

Fair play mate, respect that.

Just offered it to the 3rd and final manager using a random allocator. Will the vacancy be snapped up?

TOP OVERACHIEVERS SO FAR

So far this season, some clubs have absolutely impressed the world.

Division 3 Overachievers

Plymouth Argyle

Manager Shane McGrory has assembled a squad that has had great chemistry and lays in 6th place, good for the promotion playoffs. Incredible compared to their squad value, which is 55.1 million. Clutch signings Tom Starke and Joe Cole have performed to the extent of their abilities.

Rotherdam United

Rotherdam have shown the world how to play the beautiful game as wonderful as possible, reaching 4th place with a squad nowhere near in quality to the big dogs. Marquee signings like Aduriz, Vitolo, and Pardo have done exceptional and have been key to the side's surprising performances this season.

Cambridge United

This side was tipped to fight a battle against relegation, and instead, are a solid mid-table side, challenging the likes of Sunderland, a side with much superior quality. The manager Andy has used the tactics of both bribing and performance-enhancing drugs to get the most of his players.

However, the FA are investigating a doping scandal involving their key player, Nikolas Bendtner, and this may result in points deductions, and lengthy suspensions.

Division 4 Overachievers

Bury

The manager who is known for his noisy rants has led his side to superiority over many sides, and the team is on a great winning streak that has gotten them to 4th place. Players like Samuel Eto'o have been key to their surprise challenge this season, and if they can keep it up, great things are to follow for the small minnow club.

Chester FC

Gordon Christoper has used luck and skills to his advantage and as a result, his side lay in 9th place. Only a few months ago, his squad was demotivated, and was mainly sunday-league players. Now, they are ready to take on the world.

Crewe Alexandra

Their manager Allan bought loads of youth talent to the club and it has paid off, leading his team to 6th place. They were expected to be a mid-table club, but their good performances, including a win against Hull City, have proven the critics wrong.

"You can't win anything with kids" was what once an ITV commentator said.

Allan's side has proven that wrong.

Fair play mate' date=' respect that.

Just offered it to the 3rd and final manager using a random allocator. Will the vacancy be snapped up?[/quote']

Yay it was me :D

I turned it down also...before I looked at their squad :eek:

Im not a club hopper, an although I'll most probably never win anything in this setup..I'll enjoy my time at Cambridge B)

TOP OVERACHIEVERS SO FAR

So far this season' date=' some clubs have absolutely impressed the world.

[center']Division 3 Overachievers

Plymouth Argyle[/center]

Manager Shane McGrory has assembled a squad that has had great chemistry and lays in 6th place, good for the promotion playoffs. Incredible compared to their squad value, which is 55.1 million. Clutch signings Tom Starke and Joe Cole have performed to the extent of their abilities.

Rotherdam United

Rotherdam have shown the world how to play the beautiful game as wonderful as possible, reaching 4th place with a squad nowhere near in quality to the big dogs. Marquee signings like Aduriz, Vitolo, and Pardo have done exceptional and have been key to the side's surprising performances this season.

Cambridge United

This side was tipped to fight a battle against relegation, and instead, are a solid mid-table side, challenging the likes of Sunderland, a side with much superior quality. The manager Andy has used the tactics of both bribing and performance-enhancing drugs to get the most of his players.

However, the FA are investigating a doping scandal involving their key player, Nikolas Bendtner, and this may result in points deductions, and lengthy suspensions.

Division 4 Overachievers

Bury

The manager who is known for his noisy rants has led his side to superiority over many sides, and the team is on a great winning streak that has gotten them to 4th place. Players like Samuel Eto'o have been key to their surprise challenge this season, and if they can keep it up, great things are to follow for the small minnow club.

Chester FC

Gordon Christoper has used luck and skills to his advantage and as a result, his side lay in 9th place. Only a few months ago, his squad was demotivated, and was mainly sunday-league players. Now, they are ready to take on the world.

Crewe Alexandra

Their manager Allan bought loads of youth talent to the club and it has paid off, leading his team to 6th place. They were expected to be a mid-table club, but their good performances, including a win against Hull City, have proven the critics wrong.

"You can't win anything with kids" was what once an ITV commentator said.

Allan's side has proven that wrong.

Really good report mate, would rep, but as always I need to spread :mad:

LOL..Drug scandal..love it :)

To match Allan's analysis and make up for some inactivity on this forum in recent days, I bring you the underachievers of the season so far (in no particular order):

Division 3 Underachievers

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This first one probably is a surprise inclusion for some, but the reasoning behind it is down to one man and one man only: Arjen Robben. And yes, that does mean that I'm talking about Swansea City.

Robben possesses over the pizzazz and panache to make a game of football his own in a matter of minutes, yet we haven't really seen much of it in a Swansea shirt yet, although last match's dazzling MOTM performance might be the start of some good things to come. Mascherano is another player who is used to silencing all critics and providing top notch performances when most needed, yet I would say that he is another one who hasn't really broken out of his shell yet since making the move over to Wales.

That said, Swansea's manager has done exceptionally well in blending youth and experience together to create a very potent attacking force in the form of Drogba and Thauvin, who definitely seems to be learning one or two things from the Drogba school of fine football. He's not the only one though, with Meyer and Rivière also jotting down some very useful notes.

All in all, 18 points from the first 13 games is too little for a team that has so many superstars in their ranks and should be challenging for the title.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Moving on, number two in this list would have to be Sunderland. With a very experienced manager and some veteran players, Sunderland lie in a disappointing 11th place, having conceded 22 goals in the process.

Arguably, Sunderland have the best defence with the likes of Vidic, Rafinha, Luis, etc. to their disposal, however things haven't really panned out as yet, with quite a few defensive errors costing them precious points and seeing them slip down the table. A few extra defensive sessions needed?

An exciting prospect who hasn't featured that much as yet would have to be Aymeric Laporte. A kid with a very strong physical presence and a very good footballing brain, considering his tender age, has been restricted to only four performances since the start of the season, with more experienced players such as Spahic and Ricardo Costa being preferred to the young Frenchman. But with both under-performing at the moment, is this the chance for Laporte to shine?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A third and final nominee would be the obvious for many and that is none other than West Bromwich Albion. Again having a manager with some decent competitive experience isn't reflecting in the results, as they sit in a very disappointing 13th place, just a mere three points above the relegation zone.

The pre-season seemed extremely promising as Albion were able to attract some very promising players, with the likes of Pogba, Kovacic and James being signed on long-term contracts. However, none of the big stars seem fully settled as yet, with doubts already rising over Rodriguez' future. This has also halted Albion's attacking progress more often than not, with the team only being able to score a mere 20 times whilst conceding 21 goals in the process - not something to showcase to say the least. Defensively, Albion have been disappointing with the lack of enthusiasm and commitment shown by the wing-backs (Durm & Vrsaljko), resulting in a temporary drop for both.

An extremely youthful squad it might be, but Albion lack a real leader on the pitch at the moment, and no one is certain of a place in the starting XI, with the manager still looking for his most consistent batch of players.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------