TCO92 - Match Previews/Reports, Transfer News & General Nonsense.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: TCO92 - Match Previews/Reports, Transfer News & General Nonsense. To match Allan's analysis and make up for some inactivity on this forum in recent days, I bring you the underachievers of the

Re: TCO92 - Match Previews/Reports, Transfer News & General Nonsense. Before the start of the second half of the season, I thought it would be a good idea to set up a mid-term synopsis of the div

Re: TCO92 - Match Previews/Reports, Transfer News & General Nonsense. TOP OVERACHIEVERS SO FAR So far this season, some clubs have absolutely impressed the world. Division 3 Overachiev

Re: TCO92 - Match Previews/Reports, Transfer News & General Nonsense.

It's a new rule' date=' happening everywhere.

If a club is unmanaged and owns some players who play for another team in real life they are free from their TB, so the unmanaged side sells them and buys their players.

It's like when you take a new team, sell all the players, and buy some other player, then quit that team, after 5 days their TB is gone.

P.S Sorry for my bad English.[/quote']

Thanks for explaining this to us. Cheers!

Awful week for Bournemouth still 4th but our two defeats mean automatic places are a way off anyway next game is a chance to get back to good form.

James Trosi also signs from Juve should rise with some game time and will give us sell value anyway and verstility:)

Before the start of the second half of the season, I thought it would be a good idea to set up a mid-term synopsis of the divisions in question. First of all, I'd like to thank and congratulate Benjo_Benjo on making this happen and (so far) running the setup to (almost absolute) perfection.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'll start off with my own division (Div3), and is there a better way to start than mentioning the current frontrunners? Bolton Wanderers and their manager have been nothing short of superb in these first 18 games, picking up a whopping 42 points in the process. With their current unbeaten streak stretching over 20 games, is there any way of stopping the runaway train?

Despite Bolton destroying almost everyone in their path, they are closely tracked by Stoke City, Reading and Fulham, who are all looking to seal that second automatic promotion spot or even leapfrog Bolton to first place. All three teams have some excellent players to make big things happen, and no manager wants to find their team in the dreaded play-off at the end of this season.

The fight for fifth and sixth (the other two play-off spots) is also still very much on, with Birmingham City, Sunderland, Burnley, Swansea City and surprise package Plymouth Argyle all within the contention for those crucial spots. The favourites for promotion would probably still be Swansea and Sunderland, although the others are doing their outmost best to stop that from happening.

The mid-table is pretty tight too, with smaller teams looking to cement themselves in the division before inevitably reinforcing the core for the upcoming seasons. Only 5 points separate the 8th placers from the 15th, of which the latter is having a torrid time in the league, especially taking into considering the quality they possess over at the moment.

The gap becomes slightly bigger after that, with the significant goal-difference stats telling a tale of their own. A relegation fight will definitely be the case at the end of the season. The only question remains who is to feature in that end-of-season scrap, with all five teams having a very tough time at the moment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Division 4 has also had it's fair share of excitement in this first half of the season,

with Wigan and Cardiff City leading the pack by a significant gap. Both managers will look to keep up a similar form for the next 18 games to ensure an undisputed promotion to Div3.

Things are hotting up under them though, with a mere 10 point difference separating the third placers (Bury) from the thirteenth placers (York City). Samuel Eto'o is putting up some mesmerising performances in Bury's bid to seek promotion, while Bournemouth have their own star-trio in the form of Modric, Mandzukic and Turan to fight for play-off spots or possibly even more if anyone slips up. Chester should also be mentioned for being so high up the table despite having very limited budgets.

Crewe Alexandra is looking very much the surprise package of this division, currently beating the likes of Preston North End, Blackpool, Colchester United and Hull City to a very respectable sixth place. One can only hope that they keep up their current shape in a bid to record a first major competition upset.

The same story of Div3 carries on in Div4, with a couple of teams just not being able to find their feet in the fourth tier of this competition. Managerial changes and off-field controversies haven't really helped their situation, and although relegation isn't an option, no one wants to find themselves at the foot of the bottom division at the end of this season. A new manager might help, although it might just need a bit more than bravery to turn around a project like that.

The Cup is entering its final stages too, with the final eight teams in the looking to snap up their first piece of silverware this season. Surprisingly, many Div1 teams have already been knocked out by lower league teams, leaving only Middlesborough and Aston Villa in the fight to save the 'first division's pride'.

Before that, the round of 16 for the Shield is next to take place, with a couple of teams still in contention for a historic double, or even treble for that matter.

Before the start of the second half of the season' date=' I thought it would be a good idea to set up a mid-term synopsis of the divisions in question. First of all, I'd like to thank and congratulate Benjo_Benjo on making this happen and (so far) running the setup to (almost absolute) perfection.

(...)

The gap becomes slightly bigger after that, with the significant goal-difference stats telling a tale of their own. A relegation fight will definitely be the case at the end of the season. The only question remains who is to feature in that end-of-season scrap, with all five teams having a very tough time at the moment.

(...)[/quote']

Hey Thank you so much for the short history of the GW. Really interesting for someone joining mid-term like me.

Now, I left the cup and will concentrate on the league relegation scrap. Hopefully we'll manage mid-bottom table security. Fingers crossed. ;)

Before the start of the second half of the season' date=' I thought it would be a good idea to set up a mid-term synopsis of the divisions in question. First of all, I'd like to thank and congratulate Benjo_Benjo on making this happen and (so far) running the setup to (almost absolute) perfection.

[/quote']

Cheers mate - appreciate it.

:)

I'll start off with my own division (Div3)' date=' and is there a better way to start than mentioning the current frontrunners? Bolton Wanderers and their manager have been nothing short of superb in these first 18 games, picking up a whopping 42 points in the process. With their current unbeaten streak stretching over 20 games, is there any way of stopping the runaway train?

[/quote']

Thanks mate :)

Just not good enough to beat Matt's Fulham....

Benjo Benjo (Forum) was unable to prevent a Burnley defeat to Fulham.

Burnley slumped to a 1 - 0 defeat to Fulham in their Division 3 fixture.

Fred the lazy b*ast*rd gets injured, how is that possible when you don't even move around the pitch?!?!

4pts off of the play-offs now......not good.

:mad:

Der Kaiser earned a draw with Bolton Wanderers against Port Vale.

A thrilling match ended 3 - 3 between Bolton Wanderers and Port Vale in their Division 3 encounter.

Mertens scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Ramos and Gignac were also amongst the goalscorers.

Was expecting to win this game so congrats to the Port Vale manager :)

Matthew Webb (matt72 Forums) steered Fulham to victory against Burnley.

Fulham beat Burnley 1 - 0 in their Division 3 fixture.

Rode scored the winner for Fulham and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

With the top 2 only mustering draws tonight then this was a must win game and we managed to deliver. Back up to second but still 5 points behind leaders Bolton.

ScreenShot2014-08-10at215014_zps6b6f0098.png

1st win for t'Bantams (in ages!) against our cousins from Rotherham on the lowlife yorkshire pond derby. :D

Bradford still struggling to rebuild their squad played with a kid striker who missed all his chances - good learning curve... :P

Anyways, hopefully this will kickstart a good run for us and we may see safety afterall... B)

EDIT: Forgot to mention this - "Record crowd watches Bradford City. 21,352 fans turned out to watch Bradford City against Rotherham United breaking the previous home record attendance."

AND ALSO: We're out of the relegation zone (head barely above water, but still... :D )

Allan Zhang (muallan - forum) was unable to prevent a Crewe Alexandra defeat to Bury.

Crewe Alexandra slumped to a 3 - 2 defeat against Bury in their Division 4 fixture.

Hofmann and Giménez were amongst the goalscorers.

falling falling falling

Was expecting to win this game so congrats to the Port Vale manager :)

Thanks mate. At 3-2 I thought maybe I could nick this one but :(. Need a win next game now to ease the pressure from teams below me.

Anyways 1 day to the TB bans ! Let the transfer war begin. Probably going to shift most of my team out.

VJ11 steered Huddersfield Town to victory against Hartlepool United.

Huddersfield Town outclassed Hartlepool United and thrashed them 5 - 0 in their Division 4 fixture.

Jesé scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Bell and Hahn were also amongst the goalscorers.]

i love you Hahn :P

A very good win for us over West Brom, Thalles continues his goal scoring form and in the end gave us the 1-0 win.

Closer to promotion rather than relegation points wise now, second half of the season starts next though so need to concentrate on beating the teams around us to stay in the league.

Finding it difficult in deciding on what to do with regards to transfers. Not sure on whether to trade in some players for older high rated ones or keep with what i have. When i initially bought my players it was with a view to building a team for the future.