TCO92 - Match Previews/Reports, Transfer News & General Nonsense.

Re: TCO92 - Match Previews/Reports, Transfer News & General Nonsense.

Got a 3-1 win over Reading Sunday, without the suspended Claudio Pizarro.

Still awaiting the results of our Shield match today, fingers crossed !

Tough game vs Sunderland on thursday, we'll be looking for revenge after that hammering we received from them earlier on in the season.

Watch out pedro ;)

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: TCO92 - Match Previews/Reports, Transfer News & General Nonsense. To match Allan's analysis and make up for some inactivity on this forum in recent days, I bring you the underachievers of the

Re: TCO92 - Match Previews/Reports, Transfer News & General Nonsense. Before the start of the second half of the season, I thought it would be a good idea to set up a mid-term synopsis of the div

Re: TCO92 - Match Previews/Reports, Transfer News & General Nonsense. TOP OVERACHIEVERS SO FAR So far this season, some clubs have absolutely impressed the world. Division 3 Overachiev

Gurpal Singh was unable to prevent a

Colchester United defeat to Cambridge

United.

Colchester United lost to Cambridge United 4

- 3 on penalties after a 2 - 2 draw in their

TCO92 Shield Round 4 fixture.

Guilherme and Duncan were amongst the

goalscorers.

Just realised I've been playing my B Team for the past few weeks. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: Just forgot to change it back. Well better late than never.

Bloody Bolton again, although i expected the defeat i am quite gutted i didn't progress to the next round. A really good cup run would of been nice.

More time to concentrate on the league now though i guess. Onwards and upwards, i hope LOL

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT4CQflWl_ZVtwgruMxsFSZBaKaEjVeaoI-1VeDadHeIkpzFZwOGPqIDTg3

Alex Telles and Robert Ibanez will be leaving the club shortly, with more players expected to leave, even star player Shaqiri. Alvaro Morata, another one of our star players has announced he loves the club and will stay at Blackpool FC.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQabJwgw1GjZs7cLrupgkQjIqqELHlwa9Pb8wdsO0wSA3j3s0kM8A

The TCO92 Mid-Term Report presented by Allan

PART 1/?

DIVISION 3: The First Portion

Birmingham City

Domestic League: 5th

Cup: 2nd Round (eliminated)

Shield: Quarter-final (vs Sunderland)

So far, Barca Kes' side has surprised the powerhouses of the 3rd Division, reaching the quarter-final of the Shield and 5th in the League with the 11th most valuable squad. Key to the club's success are the club's attacking options in Rodrigo Palacio, and Claudio Pizarro who have combined for 17 goals and 12 assists in 19 games, providing over half of the club's goals in the League. Their next match is against powerhouse high-fliers Sunderland, where they will hope to maintain their momentum and propel into the promotion playoffs at the end of the season. Right now, they are 6 points ahead of 7th placed Burnley.

Grade: A-

Prediction: 6th

Bolton Wanderers

Domestic League: 1st

Cup: Quarter-finals (vs Wigan)

Shield: Quarter-finals (vs Norwich)

Reaching the promotion playoffs was the goal this season for Bolton and they have blasted that expectation out of the air so far. In Division 3 they are on top with 43 points, 5 points ahead of their nearest challengers Fulham and Stoke City! A domestic treble may even be in the cards as they are in the quarter-finals in both the Cup and Shield. Much of this success can be due to the attacking trio of Adrian Ramos, Dimitar Berbatov, and Dries Mertens who have combined for 25 goals and 25 assists! Their defence of Andrea Barzagli, Martin Montoya, Kevin Constant and co have also done the best of their footballing powers, allowing only 17 goals in the League so far, amounting to less than a goal conceded per game, being the only club in Division 3 to! Now, the question is if the club can continue their fine form, or make an infamous collapse.

Grade: A+

Prediction: 1st

Bradford City

Domestic League: 17th

Cup: 4th Round (eliminated)

Shield: 3rd Round (eliminated)

A top-half finish was expected from the side from Bradford, but corrupt scandals and player conflicts have pulled down the side to 17th place. This has given the new manager hmocc a tough challenge as his side battles the drop. Immediately, he has dipped into the transfer market to sign a variety of players, including former FC Porto midfielders Hector Herrera, and Yacine Brahimi, and experienced, young defenders in Rene Krhin, Goncalves Ismaily, and Dimitris Siovas. As a result, this squad finally got a win against Rotherdam United in their last fixture, and as momentum builds up, hmocc will certainly hope that the squad can avoid the drop to the 4th Division. Hopes are pinned on new goalkeeper Oliver Baumann, who had a great debut against Rotherdam with a clean sheet.

Grade: D+

Prediction: 11th

Brentford

Domestic League: 18th

Despite the signings of high-profile players like Kevin Volland, Brentford have struggled this season, and have failed to win a single game under new manager Jesse in his first 6 games in charge. Most of these struggles can be tied to a struggling goalkeeper in Patrick Rakovsky, an inconsistent defence, an offence without quality, and above all, a tactic that is easily matched by opponents. In their last game against Cambridge United, Brentford blew up a 2-0 lead and ended up drawing 2-2. Expect these struggles to continue against higher-classed opposition.

Grade: C-

Prediction: 18th

Brighton and Hove Albion

Domestic League: 14th

Cup: 3rd Round (eliminated)

Shield: 4th Round (eliminated)

A squad with the ability to be promoted, but have had a wobbly season. When they are in form they are in unstoppable, but when they are not, they are easily exploited and defeated. The squad needs more winning stretches and consistency if they want to challenge for promotion, with players like Jeremy Menez, Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, they should be doing much better; however, it seems as they are always not match fit players all the time.

Grade:C-

Prediction: 13th

Bristol Rovers

Domestic League: 19th

Shield: 1st Round (eliminated)

No wins in their last 15 games. Eliminated from both cups. A lack of quality. How can anyone see Bristol staying in the 3rd flight?

Grade: D

Prediction: 20th

Burnley

Domestic League: 7th

Cup: 1st Round (eliminated)

Shield: 2nd Round (eliminated)

The Burnley Brazilians have been an inconsistent squad that has had dips of form all over the season. Neymar, and Jo have been the basis of the attacking threat, and have done well, pairing up for 32 goals and 15 assists; however, the rest of the squad is more or less inconsistent and can not provide a consistent performance for many games. This is the main reason that the squad is in 7th; however, if there is more consistency in the whole squad, you could see this side in the promotion playoffs.

Grade: B

Prediction: 7th

Cambridge United

Domestic League: 13th

Shield: Quarter-finals (vs Wrexham)

A side tipped for the relegation battle have bounced back from their horrid preseason, and could even taste glory this season, as the draw have gifted them Division 4 side Wrexham in the Shield Quarter-Finals. The main attacking outlet is Nicklas Bendtner, who with his 8 goals, and 9 assists, has picked up 5 Man of the Match awards. Otherwise, there is rather no consistency and quality in this squad, and hopefully, the manager Andy Burr can improve his squad in the transfer window.

Grade: B+

Prediction: 14th

Fulham

Domestic League: 2nd

Despite some sketchy form in the beginning of the season that got them eliminated in both cups, Fulham have bounced back in the League, and with no distractions, have reached 2nd place, 9 points ahead of the 7th placed Burnley. Matthew Webb has attracted such stars as injury-prone Giuseppe Rossi, Stephan Lichtsteiner, Raul Garcia, Raphael Varane, and young German goalkeeper Marc-Andre ter Stegen who have all shown consistency throughout the whole season so far. There will be crucial 3 and 4 game stretches against top sides to see if Fulham can retain their spot in the automatic promotion spot. They certainly have to ability to.

Prediction: 2nd

Leyton Orient

Domestic League: 16th

This squad, managed by John James, is a group of young talents hungry for success but have had to combat against the relegation battle, currently lying in 16th place. There is an amount of inconsistency in this side; however, young players like Gerard Defouleu, Lucas Ocampos, Jonathan Tah, and Ryan Gauld have shown some early promise in their careers, and in a few years, expect this side to be one fighting to reach Division 1, not a side fighting to avoid Division 4. Their 3-2 win against strong Swansea City has proved their potential and skill.

Grade: B-

Prediction: 16th

This wraps up the first portion of my mid-season review, I hope you enjoyed it! :D

Allan

Bolton Wanderers

Reaching the promotion playoffs was the goal this season for Bolton and they have blasted that expectation out of the air so far. In Division 3 they are on top with 43 points' date=' 5 points ahead of their nearest challengers Fulham and Stoke City! A domestic treble may even be in the cards as they are in the quarter-finals in both the Cup and Shield. Much of this success can be due to the attacking trio of Adrian Ramos, Dimitar Berbatov, and Dries Mertens who have combined for 25 goals and 25 assists! Their defence of Andrea Barzagli, Martin Montoya, Kevin Constant and co have also done the best of their footballing powers, allowing only 17 goals in the League so far, amounting to less than a goal conceded per game, being the only club in Division 3 to! Now, the question is if the club can continue their fine form, or make an infamous collapse.

Thanks mate :D

I really hope Bolton can win but it's really hard and there are some fantastic managers in Division 3 so I can just hope we do.

I remember someone had posted predictions before the start of the season or something and Bolton were not in the top 3 or even 5 I think and rightly so as there were/are better squads in Div 3 so what we have done so far is fantastic and an achievement for us.

EDIT:Also forgot to mention,amazing work with all this Allan and everyone else who take time out and who post these predictions etc

Bloody Bolton again' date=' although i expected the defeat i am quite gutted i didn't progress to the next round. A really good cup run would of been nice.

More time to concentrate on the league now though i guess. Onwards and upwards, i hope LOL[/quote']

Haha.

Well played mate.

Thanks mate :D

I really hope Bolton can win but it's really hard and there are some fantastic managers in Division 3 so I can just hope we do.

I remember someone had posted predictions before the start of the season or something and Bolton were not in the top 3 or even 5 I think and rightly so as there were/are better squads in Div 3 so what we have done so far is fantastic and an achievement for us.

No problem mate' date=' and I believe that person who made those predictions was me :o

Here are my Division 3 Predictions:

1. Swansea City (CHAMPIONS)

2. Sunderland (PROMOTED)

Playoff Winners: Reading

Playoff Runner-Up: West Bromwich Albion

Honourable Mentions: Burnley, Fulham, Bolton, Brighton

Overachievers: Bradford City

Relegated: Luton Town, Cambridge United, Stockport County (sorry)

Here are my Division 4 Predictions:

1. Cardiff City (CHAMPIONS)

2. Hull City (PROMOTED)

Playoff Winners: Wigan Athletic

Playoff Runner-Up: AFC Bournemouth

Honourable Mentions: Blackpool, Preston North End, Bury, Huddersfield Town

Overachievers: Preston North End

These predictions make me look like a fool :rolleyes:

PART 1/?

Birmingham City

So far' date=' Barca Kes' side has surprised the powerhouses of the 3rd Division, reaching the quarter-final of the Shield and 5th in the League with the 11th most valuable squad. Key to the club's success are the club's attacking options in Rodrigo Palacio, and Claudio Pizarro who have combined for 17 goals and 12 assists in 19 games, providing over half of the club's goals in the League. Their next match is against powerhouse high-fliers Sunderland, where they will hope to maintain their momentum and propel into the promotion playoffs at the end of the season. Right now, they are 6 points ahead of 7th placed Burnley.

Bolton Wanderers

Reaching the promotion playoffs was the goal this season for Bolton and they have blasted that expectation out of the air so far. In Division 3 they are on top with 43 points, 5 points ahead of their nearest challengers Fulham and Stoke City! A domestic treble may even be in the cards as they are in the quarter-finals in both the Cup and Shield. Much of this success can be due to the attacking trio of Adrian Ramos, Dimitar Berbatov, and Dries Mertens who have combined for 25 goals and 25 assists! Their defence of Andrea Barzagli, Martin Montoya, Kevin Constant and co have also done the best of their footballing powers, allowing only 17 goals in the League so far, amounting to less than a goal conceded per game, being the only club in Division 3 to! Now, the question is if the club can continue their fine form, or make an infamous collapse.

Bradford City

Domestic League: 17th

Cup: 4th Round (eliminated)

A top-half finish was expected from the side from Bradford, but corrupt scandals and player conflicts have pulled down the side to 17th place. This has given the new manager hmocc a tough challenge as his side battles the drop. Immediately, he has dipped into the transfer market to sign a variety of players, including former FC Porto midfielders Hector Herrera, and Yacine Brahimi, and experienced, young defenders in Rene Krhin, Goncalves Ismaily, and Dimitris Siovas. As a result, this squad finally got a win against Rotherdam United in their last fixture, and as momentum builds up, hmocc will certainly hope that the squad can avoid the drop to the 4th Division. Hopes are pinned on new goalkeeper Oliver Baumann, who had a great debut against Rotherdam with a clean sheet.

Prediction: 11th

Brentford

Despite the signings of high-profile players like Kevin Volland, Brentford have struggled this season, and have failed to win a single game under new manager Jesse in his first 6 games in charge. Most of these struggles can be tied to a struggling goalkeeper in Patrick Rakovsky, an inconsistent defence, an offence without quality, and above all, a tactic that is easily matched by opponents. In their last game against Cambridge United, Brentford blew up a 2-0 lead and ended up drawing 2-2. Expect these struggles to continue against higher-classed opposition.

Brighton and Hove Albion

Domestic League: 14th

Cup: 3rd Round (eliminated)

A squad with the ability to be promoted, but have had a wobbly season. When they are in form they are in unstoppable, but when they are not, they are easily exploited and defeated. The squad needs more winning stretches and consistency if they want to challenge for promotion, with players like Jeremy Menez, Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, they should be doing much better; however, it seems as they are always not match fit players all the time.

Grade:C-

Prediction: 13th

Bristol Rovers

Domestic League: 19th

No wins in their last 15 games. Eliminated from both cups. A lack of quality. How can anyone see Bristol staying in the 3rd flight?

Grade: D

Prediction: 20th

Burnley

Domestic League: 7th

The Burnley Brazilians have been an inconsistent squad that has had dips of form all over the season. Neymar, and Jo have been the basis of the attacking threat, and have done well, pairing up for 32 goals and 15 assists; however, the rest of the squad is more or less inconsistent and can not provide a consistent performance for many games. This is the main reason that the squad is in 7th; however, if there is more consistency in the whole squad, you could see this side in the promotion playoffs.

Prediction: 7th

Cambridge United

Domestic League: 13th

Shield: Quarter-finals (vs Wrexham)

A side tipped for the relegation battle have bounced back from their horrid preseason, and could even taste glory this season, as the draw have gifted them Division 4 side Wrexham in the Shield Quarter-Finals. The main attacking outlet is Nicklas Bendtner, who with his 8 goals, and 9 assists, has picked up 5 Man of the Match awards. Otherwise, there is rather no consistency and quality in this squad, and hopefully, the manager Andy Burr can improve his squad in the transfer window.

Prediction: 14th

Fulham

Domestic League: 2nd

Despite some sketchy form in the beginning of the season that got them eliminated in both cups, Fulham have bounced back in the League, and with no distractions, have reached 2nd place, 9 points ahead of the 7th placed Burnley. Matthew Webb has attracted such stars as injury-prone Giuseppe Rossi, Stephan Lichtsteiner, Raul Garcia, Raphael Varane, and young German goalkeeper Marc-Andre ter Stegen who have all shown consistency throughout the whole season so far. There will be crucial 3 and 4 game stretches against top sides to see if Fulham can retain their spot in the automatic promotion spot. They certainly have to ability to.

Prediction: 2nd

Leyton Orient

Domestic League: 16th

This squad, managed by John James, is a group of young talents hungry for success but have had to combat against the relegation battle, currently lying in 16th place. There is an amount of inconsistency in this side; however, young players like Gerard Defouleu, Lucas Ocampos, Jonathan Tah, and Ryan Gauld have shown some early promise in their careers, and in a few years, expect this side to be one fighting to reach Division 1, not a side fighting to avoid Division 4. Their 3-2 win against strong Swansea City has proved their potential and skill.

Grade: B-

Prediction: 16th

This wraps up the first portion of my mid-season review, I hope you enjoyed it! :D

Allan

Brilliant Allan, nothing short of brilliant!

;)

worthless piece of canadian bacon :mad:

Brentford

Despite the signings of high-profile players like Kevin Volland, Brentford have struggled this season, and have failed to win a single game under new manager Jesse (who is Jesse?)in his first 6 games in charge. Most of these struggles can be tied to a struggling goalkeeper in Patrick Rakovsky, an inconsistent defence, an offence without quality, and above all, a tactic that is easily matched by opponents. In their last game against Cambridge United, Brentford blew up a 2-0 lead and ended up drawing 2-2. Expect these struggles to continue against higher-classed opposition.

LOL JKS

PART 2/?

Division 3: The Second Portion

Luton Town

Domestic League: 20th

This squad has 3 key players in Mame Diouf, Urby Emanuelson, and Marc Wilson but the rest of this squad lacks quality and consistency, and it has shown in Luton's battle against relegation, as they sit bottom in the 3rd Division with only 9 points. Overall, they really are the whipping boys of this division, as their football club is a perfect representative of the town of Luton.

Prediction: 19th

Plymouth Argyle

Domestic League: 8th

Cup: Quarter-Final (vs AFC Bournemouth)

The squad of seasoned veterans have surprised the League, as one at the start would have not thought of this squad challenging for promotion, but they have done so, much to the credit of manager Shane McGrory. Just a few months ago, the squad got slaughtered 12-0 by Sunderland, but on June 22nd when the 2 sides met Plymouth showed a completely different look and got a deserved 1-1 draw. Brighton, Swansea, Fulham, Liverpool, and Sunderland have not gotten a win against a side that has been at times superior to them. If they can maintain this form into next season, without 2 key players in forward Milan Jovanovic, and defender Bo Svensson, then they may be a force for years to come.

Prediction: 9th

Port Vale

Domestic League: 10th

Another squad of mature players in their prime have done relatively well this season, but have lacked the depth and quality to challenge the top dogs, even though they got results against such sides including Brighton, West Brom, Burnley, and runaway league leaders Bolton Wanderers. Kupest's aims for the transfer market should be to expand the depth of the squad, as an injury could make a portion of the squad exploitable for the opposition.

Prediction: 10th

Reading

Domestic League: 4th

A squad that mixes the best of proven players in Diego Costa, Fernando Llorente, Yohan Cabaye, and Thiago combines and the best of youth talents in Memphis Depay, Victor Fischer, and Juan Bernat have mounted an expected promotion challenge this season; however, they, like Port Vale, lack the depth needed to continue a challenge. Any injury could be a devastating blow to this side as many opponents are capable of delivering blows in deep pressure. This has been proven in previous matches, as they lost to underdogs in the Shield Wrexham while having to field players from their second side due to fitness and injury problems.

Prediction: 5th

Rotherham United

Domestic League: 11th

A squad that has limited depth and quality that has done well against the odds to fight for a top-table finish whose morale have been blasted recently with only 2 wins in their last 13 matches must improve if they need to continue their fine form started earlier in the season. Like Port Vale, and Reading the manager Eric Rodriguez needs to dip into the transfer market to bring in depth so Rotherham can start a promotion challenge next season. Aritz Aduriz has been key to Rotherham's plans this season, chipping in with 8 goals and 7 assists in 17 League games, getting a WhoScored average rating of 7.53.

Prediction: 17th

That's my second part of this mid-term review, hope you enjoyed it! :D

Allan

Finding it difficult in deciding on what to do with regards to transfers. Not sure on whether to trade in some players for older high rated ones or keep with what i have. When i initially bought my players it was with a view to building a team for the future.

Same here. I bought a truckload of youngsters - but having a look at the sides around me, trying to get by with a squad of 24 old timers may have been the better option.

Now got to decide who to let go (knowing I think they're going to develop) in order for short term gains.

Same here. I bought a truckload of youngsters - but having a look at the sides around me' date=' trying to get by with a squad of 24 old timers may have been the better option.

Now got to decide who to let go (knowing I think they're going to develop) in order for short term gains.[/quote']

I've made offers for players and then withdrawn them quite a lot already cause i don't want to let go of players i know are very good and will develop. I think i will be swapping a couple for some higher rated older players. They'll have a much higher chairman value so hopefully if they don't drop in the next few months i can can trade them in for better players when there transfer ban is up.

PART 1/?

Birmingham City

So far' date=' Barca Kes' side has surprised the powerhouses of the 3rd Division, reaching the quarter-final of the Shield and 5th in the League with the 11th most valuable squad. Key to the club's success are the club's attacking options in Rodrigo Palacio, and Claudio Pizarro who have combined for 17 goals and 12 assists in 19 games, providing over half of the club's goals in the League. Their next match is against powerhouse high-fliers Sunderland, where they will hope to maintain their momentum and propel into the promotion playoffs at the end of the season. Right now, they are 6 points ahead of 7th placed Burnley.

I put this down to my players, and their willingness to work hard on the field.

Overall, a great read, well done Allan.

Hahaa' date=' they understand the pity I feel for the smaller sides :P

In other news, it seems Benjo is going in for a non brazilian player! :eek:[/quote']

Don't worry, I will stop him from getting that lad that is very coveted

:P

4 bids accepted, 4 bids rejected so far :rolleyes:

Don't worry' date=' I will stop him from getting that lad that is very coveted

:P

4 bids accepted, 4 bids rejected so far :rolleyes: [/font']

Luckily all accepted for me. But I have gone mostly for PE, since I was scared of losing my transfer targets :(.

Still have no idea why bids get rejected if you bid higher than the asking price.