TCO92 - Match Previews/Reports, Transfer News & General Nonsense.

Benjo_Benjo

Re: TCO92 - Match Previews/Reports, Transfer News & General Nonsense.

Matthew Webb (matt72 Forums) earned a draw with Fulham against Plymouth Argyle.

The match ended 2 - 2 between Fulham and Plymouth Argyle in their Division 3 fixture.

Markovic scored both of the goals for Fulham and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

I think Shane can be much happier with this draw than I am. A game we really should have won but it was not to be.

The Exeter City club record for highest scoring league game has been broken. The game against Mansfield Town finished 3 - 5.

A game Exeter City needed to win to keep the playoffs hope alive. But, we slumped to a crushing 3-5 defeat. :confused:

Even worse, we got 2 star players injured :

David ACCAM suffered a minor injury in the last game.

Mahamadou DIARRA picked up a very minor injury during the recent match.

Bad day for Exeter City:(

The Exeter City club record for highest scoring league game has been broken. The game against Mansfield Town finished 3 - 5.

A game Exeter City needed to win to keep the playoffs hope alive. But' date=' we slumped to a crushing 3-5 defeat. :confused:

Even worse, we got 2 star players injured :

David ACCAM suffered a minor injury in the last game.

Mahamadou DIARRA picked up a very minor injury during the recent match.

Bad day for Exeter City:([/quote']

Amateur! Not even close for the might Mansfield...

Highest Scoring League Game:

Mansfield Town 5 - 7 Shrewsbury Town (18 Sep 2014)

:D

Whilst Shane looks like he maybe on his way out of Plymouth' date=' Nikidinho your managerial fate is in the hands of Stoke v Newcastle this evening.

Congrats Shane and best of luck Nikidinho!

B)[/center']

Well done guys :D

Pleased with Bournemouth to battle to a 4-2 win over Hartlepool. Reus hatrick and Guilavougi strike put us 4th close by to the top 2 again, some how :eek:

We made it too double figures, 10 games unbeaten now after a nice 3-0 win over Brentford!

3 points from the playoffs now, could the impossible happen and little old Stockport make it into big boy territory?! I think we'll fall just short but it's been a fun season so far.

I had much more shots and more shots on target, but still lost. :o

No worries tho, as I had said before: even if I get a job trigger in the future, I won't leave Sunderland for any club.

So my priority for these 1st seasons is to increasingly build a stronger squad. :)

Matthew Webb (matt72 Forums) steered Fulham to victory against Stockport County.

Fulham beat Stockport County 1 - 0 in their Division 3 fixture.

Gustavo scored the winner for Fulham and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Rossi managed to get sent off early on which was not particularly helpful since i played with one up front, still we were by far the better side and had it not been for the sending off I imagine we would have won by more.

Bolton lost and only one point behind with 4 games to go so it is game on for the title.

Well the run comes to an end, at least we made it to double figures. Although disappointed with the loss i can take a bit of satisfaction in the match being a close affair.

Ultimately i should of lost the match anyway going by the differences in ratings of the two teams so a 1-0 loss isn't too bad.

My prediction of just missing out on the play-offs looks like it will come true, now 6 points off with only 4 games left and one of those is against the mighty Bolton!

Bournemouth top 2 after a 5-2 win over Crewe, Mandkukic to the top of a close scoring charts with a hatrick, Reus gets another goal too.

Even tighter at an Incredible top of the table, the top 5 separated by 4pts with 4 left. Everyone but Hull seems like they don't want promotion with mixed results so it will be a tight battle to the end :)

Wrexham see of SoP and Wigan 2-0, we've won 4 out of the last 5 games now. Think next season will still be a struggle though with the gap in quality just too much.

Mixed feelings on the United take over. Would have loved to have one day got them myself, but I can't really see the fun in taking them right now, after all it's in a practically manager less league and will have not much competition for big names players (Casillas, Alonso) and with further bids on top players (Ronaldo, Muller) the squad will be insanely good before the top Division is even half full, and seeing a youth free agent (Rossiter) go there it makes me wonder where is the love :rolleyes:

A Ray of Light

With Manchester United lurking just outside the Champions League spots, and increasing pressure on the board, a decision was made on the 30th of September to bring in someone who could ensure success.

Having knocked Manchester City out of both, the Cup and Shield, and United themselves out of the Cup, the obvious first choice was Swansea boss Nikido de Assis Moreira.

'Nikidinho', as he is known, has an impressive resume of building title winning sides based off a strong back five, which is exactly what United need.

When questioned on his decision to join United, he had this to say:

It is quite widely known that I am, and always will be a Gooner at heart. I gave Arsenal several opportunities to pick me up, during which I rejected offers from very good Southampton and Everton sides. When United came calling however, it was hard to say no.

There were a couple of players however, who weren't too happy with the new appointment. Nikidinho's distaste for Rooney and Van Persie was well documented. They were shipped out immediately, along with first choice keeper, David De Gea.

The move did not go down well with the fans, as the sale of the three key players made a defeat to rivals Chelsea, inevitable.

The new manager has wasted no time, however, in securing some of the best players in the world from the leagues stretching across Europe.

World Cup winning captain Iker Casillas, replaced De Gea, with his compatriot from Bayern, Xabi Alonso reigned in to dictate the game from the centre of midfield.

xabi-alonso-iker-casillas--large-msg-121435990272.jpg

Iker and Xabi team up again

It was of greater importance however, to secure a couple of decent strikers for the club, which Nikidinho has done with great aplomb.

Leading the lines for United will be the versatile golden boot winning German, Thomas Müller. Also able to slot in behind the striker or play out wide, his versatility and attacking prowess will come in handy over the course of the campaign.

article-2652708-1E99B7DD00000578-823_306x423.jpg

Müller with his Golden Boot

United's most recent signing though, and quite possibly the biggest in their recent history is that of Cristiano Ronaldo. The 29 year old, recently voted the best player in the world by his peers, was prised out of Madrid's iron grasp and brought back home to once again lead the club to glory.

The only worrying part remains the defence, but with what's been witnessed so far, fans can rest easy, knowing their club is in capable hands once more.

cristiano-ronaldo_1421719c.jpg

A miserable time for Bradford:

It would be a miracle if Brentford lost all its games and I won all mine, particularly bearing in mind I have to play Stoke.

Sorry to all Bradford fans, we tried to save the season but I am afraid that if not too late we did indeed too little.

Let this squad mature (i.e. let the players rise) and we''ll be back. And see all friends in Div 4 soon!

:(

What's the deal with accepting loan offers from unmanaged sides?

I have some offers from Bury and Liverpool?

I know there is no buying or selling from them - but are loan deals TO them ok?

I assume we can't loan from unmanaged clubs either?

What's the deal with accepting loan offers from unmanaged sides?

I have some offers from Bury and Liverpool?

I know there is no buying or selling from them - but are loan deals TO them ok?

I assume we can't loan from unmanaged clubs either?

Yes you can loan players to unmanaged sides.

Correct, you can not loan players from unmanaged teams.

Matthew Webb (matt72 Forums) steered Fulham to victory against Stoke City.

Fulham outclassed Stoke City and beat them 2 - 1 in their Division 3 fixture.

Markovic scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

García was also on the scoresheet for his side.

With this win we go 2 points clear at the top with 2 games to go. All to play for and be nice to gain promotion as champions.