TCO92 - Match Previews/Reports, Transfer News & General Nonsense.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: TCO92 - Match Previews/Reports, Transfer News & General Nonsense. To match Allan's analysis and make up for some inactivity on this forum in recent days, I bring you the underachievers of the

Re: TCO92 - Match Previews/Reports, Transfer News & General Nonsense. Before the start of the second half of the season, I thought it would be a good idea to set up a mid-term synopsis of the div

Re: TCO92 - Match Previews/Reports, Transfer News & General Nonsense. TOP OVERACHIEVERS SO FAR So far this season, some clubs have absolutely impressed the world. Division 3 Overachiev

Re: TCO92 - Match Previews/Reports, Transfer News & General Nonsense.

So' date=' with the season underway tomorrow what has been the best signing you've seen so far?

For me it's Samuel Eto'o's switch to Bury......gonna get goals, goals, goals!

B)[/center']

Robben and Pepe for me. Pepe was available at a very low market value compared to his rating and a potential 93.

So' date=' with the season underway tomorrow what has been the best signing you've seen so far?

For me it's Samuel Eto'o's switch to Bury......gonna get goals, goals, goals!

B)[/center']

The best signing that I've seen within this gameworld, is Neymar move to Burnley.

Job offer triggers

Firstly, it has to be made clear that the idea was to never hand out job offers left, right and centre. You have to build your team, commit to them and work hard to activate a trigger.

The following achievements will trigger a job offer* at the end of the current season;

• League Champions (Any division)

• TCO92 Cup Winners

• TCO92 Shield Winners

• SMFA Cup Winners

• SMFA Shield Winners

• League Top Goal Scorer

The following achievements will trigger a job offer* at any point during the season;

• Win 15 league games in a row

As you can imagine, it is quite hard to work out triggers for the "smaller" clubs that over achieve throughout the course or at the end of the season. With this in mind, the League Top Goal Scorer can often be considered a more open opportunity for all clubs to achieve.

All triggers will be reviewed and changes made if required at the start of each season.

PLEASE NOTE - Whilst I will do my best to keep an eye out for triggers being activated, It is entirely your responsibility to notify myself if you activate one of the triggers, particularly the in season ones.

Best of luck to all managers and thank you for all being a part of TCO92.......let's 'av it!

* A job offer means that you will be offered a club to manage (amongst the unmanaged clubs across all 4 divisions at that time), which will be picked via a random allocation. You have the right to accept (stick) or reject (twist) the 1st job offer, if you reject it this will lead to you being offered a second club to manage. You can then either choose to accept this 2nd club to manage or reject it. If you reject, you will remain with your current club.

Cheers

Tomorrow, the highest rated squad in division 3, Swansea City, take on a Reading squad that can boast of world beaters like Diego Costa, Alcantara Thiago, and Cabaye, in the first competitive game of the season.

The Swansea starting 11 are finally in place, and are as follows:

--------------------Rui Patricio--------------------

----Juanfran--Cambiasso--Mascherano--Mathieu----

--------------------Thiago Motta------------------

------------Gareth Barry----Sebastien Kehl----------

----Robben-----------Drogba------------Thauvin-----

A very experienced team, along with a rock solid Argentinian centre back pairing and a wide range of back up youth will be the foundation of our title challenge this season.

Hopefully goals will flow easily with Drogba and Robben banging them in, and assists coming from Motta, Barry, and Kehl.

A defence of 90+ rated players should ensure a water tight defence, and it is what we will be focusing on mastering as the seasons progress.

Good luck to everyone in tomorrow's games!

Tomorrow' date=' the highest rated squad in division 3, Swansea City, take on a Reading squad that can boast of world beaters like Diego Costa, Alcantara Thiago, and Cabaye, in the first competitive game of the season.

A very experienced team, along with a rock solid Argentinian centre back pairing and a wide range of back up youth will be the foundation of our title challenge this season.

Hopefully goals will flow easily with Drogba and Robben banging them in, and assists coming from Motta, Barry, and Kehl.

A defence of 90+ rated players should ensure a water tight defence, and it is what we will be focusing on mastering as the seasons progress.

Good luck to everyone in tomorrow's games![/quote']

Yes this will be an interesting game, can't wait.

WBA stroll to their 5th consecutive home win, beating good old Liverpool.

In transfer news, brothers David and Dorian Babunski have made the move to WBA (from Barcelona and Real Madrid respectively, believe it or not).

Shout out to the manager who's team beat Arsenal. Kudos to you if you see this.

#R2D1

Tomorrow' date=' the highest rated squad in division 3, Swansea City, take on a Reading squad that can boast of world beaters like Diego Costa, Alcantara Thiago, and Cabaye, in the first competitive game of the season.

Good luck to everyone in tomorrow's games![/quote']

Formidable team. I imagine you had many players to your disposal for P/E deals?

Look forward to facing you in the Division and eventual Cup/Shield games!

CREWE ALEXANDRA DEFEATS ARSENAL!

The Division 4 club Crewe Alexandra have upsetted Arsenal 3-2 with a goal by Kawaya and 2 goals by striker Hofmann, including a last-minute winning goal.

Crewe's manager, Allan Zhang is proud of his club's result, "It gives us confidence and motivation for our next game against Cardiff City, and I think we can, despite being given no chance, surprise our opposition and come away with another victory." He also thanks the 1 428 fans who showed up for the excellent match.

CREWE ALEXANDRA DEFEATS ARSENAL!

The Division 4 club Crewe Alexandra have upsetted Arsenal 3-2 with a goal by Kawaya and 2 goals by striker Hofmann' date=' including a last-minute winning goal.

Crewe's manager, Allan Zhang is proud of his club's result, "It gives us confidence and motivation for our next game against Cardiff City, and I think we can, despite being given no chance, surprise our opposition and come away with another victory." He also thanks the 1 428 fans who showed up for the excellent match.[/quote']

Redirecting to my earlier post, kudos to you sir!

Let the lower divisions rule!

Good job i have picked a squad for the future as i don't see me triggering any job offers any time soon LOL

Hugely important game tomorrow, need to pick up the three points. Playing Bristol Rovers who have a similar team to me. The manager might well be a tactical genius but going by paper squads i would imagine them being in the relegation scrap with myself.

Main transfers are done and the formation is pretty much sorted. Down to the players wearing the shirt with pride and putting in 100%, then we'll see where we lie after 90 minutes!

Cambridge:

Favorite signing: Um...Bendtner.

Cambridge "All guns blazing" United will start their season with a tricky away match at Bradford. With 7 loses an 1 draw in pre-season, the Cambridge board are expecting BIG things from the club this year. Something that manager AJB agree's with.

"If we cannot manage to beat some of these sides, then we can only blame the players!"

Goodluck to all :)

P.S. Really liking the club trigger idea Benjo, though i'll doubt i'll be triggering any ;)

Bristol Rovers Transfer Update

Jonathan Ligali GK (77)

Sam Hutchinson D(RC),DM© (78)

Conor Mclaughlin D,DM,M® (77)

Jorge Casado D,DM,M(L) (83)

Mascarell Omar M,AM© (82)

Dele Alli DM,M,AM© (79)

Alessandro Schopf M,AM© (78)

Vicente Romero DM,M© (78)

Tim Treude DM©,M(LC) (77)

Luke Freeman AM(RL),F(RLC) (78)

Denis Suarez M©,AM(LC) (83)

Vazquez Lucas AM,F® (83)

Garcia Fofo AM,F© (78)

Ivan Perez D(L) (77)

Daniel Boateng D(RC),DM© (75)

Ziggy Gordon D(RC) (74)

Jernade Meade D,DM,M(L) (75)

Mattia Gallon AM(L),F(LC) (75)

Cameron Lancaster F© (75)

Cambridge:

Favorite signing: Um...Bendtner.

Cambridge "All guns blazing" United will start their season with a tricky away match at Bradford. With 7 loses an 1 draw in pre-season' date=' the Cambridge board are expecting BIG things from the club this year. Something that manager AJB agree's with.

Goodluck to all :)

P.S. Really liking the club trigger idea Benjo, though i'll doubt i'll be triggering any ;)[/quote']

First Match against a good Cambridge side, even my pre-season i had just 1 win, may the best team win between us

Is it fair to say the favourites for Div 3 are Sunderland, Swansea, Fulham, Burnley and Reading? :D With my Brighton, Bolton and Birmingham slightly behind them.

Reading play Swansea, Brighton play Burnley and Birmingham play Sunderland. 3 big games, I guess.

For the job offer triggers, perhaps at the end of the season you could choose 1/2 lower teams from each division that has exceeded expectations. Or bracket the lower teams and beyond the half way point, if they remain in the top 6/8 for more than 5-10 games, that also triggers a job offer?

Is it fair to say the favourites for Div 3 are Sunderland' date=' Swansea, Fulham, Burnley and Reading? :D With my Brighton, Bolton and Birmingham slightly behind them.

Reading play Swansea, Brighton play Burnley and Birmingham play Sunderland. 3 big games, I guess.

For the job offer triggers, perhaps at the end of the season you could choose 1/2 lower teams from each division that has exceeded expectations. Or bracket the lower teams and beyond the half way point, if they remain in the top 6/8 for more than 5-10 games, that also triggers a job offer?[/quote']

You're forgetting West Brom! Shame on you!

Division 4 promotion favorites Cardiff City will come to the Alexandra Stadium looking for a large margin win when they face the hosts, Crewe Alexandra in a game of contrasts. The Crewe have young players with potential, while Cardiff have experienced, talented, players at their prime complimented by young players with potential. Crewe operate on a small budget; whereas Cardiff have all the money and players to expend in the world for a Division 4 side.

Allan Zhang is asked about his side's chances this game. "To be honest with you, as long as we don't get hammered by losing by a greater than 2 goal deficit I'd be proud of my lads. Our goal is to strike fear into our opponents, and send a message to the rest of the league that Crewe Alexandra is a force to be reckoned with. We beat a full-strength Arsenal in a friendly; why can't we do this in a league game? The thing is, we can do it, with some luck, and hard work, and I'm sure that we can come away with a result."

Job offer triggers updated ahead of today's opening fixtures' date=' the only addition is Manager's Manager of the year!

You can view these on the first post.

Best of luck all!

Cheers[/center']

Nice addition, i think that is an excellent idea to include in the trigger's.

For the job offer triggers' date=' perhaps at the end of the season you could choose 1/2 lower teams from each division that has exceeded expectations. Or bracket the lower teams and beyond the half way point, if they remain in the top 6/8 for more than 5-10 games, that also triggers a job offer?[/quote']

I think with the addition of managers manger of the year Benjo has accommodated for this, surely if a small team manages to over achieve massively and get into the top 6 they will have a good shout at being voted manager of the year.

I agree with Benjo that too many triggers will decrease the value of the reward.