Sign in to follow this  
Germany2014WC

Martin Odegaard

Re: Martin Odegaard

He already has around 10 games on his feet.Believe it or not if he plays 5-6 more games' date=' he may hit 80 at the age of 15 yrs old. This should be some kind of a record on SM though![/quote']

He called it, 80 rated just 11 days before his 16th birthday. Wow.

He called it' date=' 80 rated just 11 days before his 16th birthday. Wow.[/quote']

And he've been linked with top clubs, but the Ajax link seems very good for him, he would get into first team squad right away and get more competitive football.

And he've been linked with top clubs' date=' but the Ajax link seems very good for him, he would get into first team squad right away and get more competitive football.[/quote']

He has been training with Liverpool this week, and has looked very good according to reports. Rodgers was very impressed from what he said during the week about him.

He has been training with Liverpool this week' date=' and has looked very good according to reports. Rodgers was very impressed from what he said during the week about him.[/quote']

Bad move going to Liverpool, won't see first team football for years.

Trained/Training at Bayern this week. Has looked sharp on the ball according to some Bayern executives who watched. Rummenigge has said that they hope to sign Odegaard and that he's one of the greatest talents in the world right now. Stuff competition for Liverpool and Madrid now.

German outlet Sport1 reporting that Odegaard has agreed a deal to join Bayern Munich. However, he can not sign anything due to regulations until he turns 16, which is tomorrow. However, an Arsenal 'authority' by the name of Gunnerblog(who is generally well-informed and reliable) stated that Odegaard was at Arsenal's training ground for talks today. No confirmation of anything yet, but something is imminent.

Norwegian outlet VG is reporting that Odegaard has agreed a deal to not only join Real Madrid, but have a reserved spot in the first team. Apparently he flew out to Madrid for the 2nd time on Tuesday night and met with Ancelotti and the stars of Madrid again. It is also being reported that Madrid have already started making "Odegaard 16" shirts, but it is still unclear whether he will move this January or wait until the summer.

Norwegian outlet VG is reporting that Odegaard has agreed a deal to not only join Real Madrid' date=' but have a reserved spot in the first team. Apparently he flew out to Madrid for the 2nd time on Tuesday night and met with Ancelotti and the stars of Madrid again. It is also being reported that Madrid have already started making "Odegaard 16" shirts, but it is still unclear whether he will move this January or wait until the summer.[/quote']

My God, the hype! :o I know the kid is quite talented, but a 1st teamer for Real Madrid?! :eek::D He's only played in the mighty Norwegian league so far... Let the kid develop steadily, for Christ's sake!

Anyway, wasn't he going to Bayern? :confused:

My God' date=' the hype! :o I know the kid is quite talented, but a 1st teamer for Real Madrid?! :eek::D He's only played in the mighty Norwegian league so far... Let the kid develop steadily, for Christ's sake!

Anyway, wasn't he going to Bayern? :confused:[/quote']

Which is why I don't think the Madrid deal will work. As much I wanted him at Bayern, he would have been better off at somewhere such as Ajax or Celtic for playing time. A lot of outlets reported Liverpool had agreed a deal, then Bayern's seemed more credible since it was near his 16th birthday(he couldn't sign until he turned 16). Although, that fell through as other clubs made approaches(Arsenal, Madrid). Completely fell through when Bayern announced the signing of Joshua Kimmich, paving the way for a Madrid deal.

Which is why I don't think the Madrid deal will work. As much I wanted him at Bayern' date=' he would have been better off at somewhere such as Ajax or Celtic for playing time. A lot of outlets reported Liverpool had agreed a deal, then Bayern's seemed more credible since it was near his 16th birthday(he couldn't sign until he turned 16). Although, that fell through as other clubs made approaches(Arsenal, Madrid). Completely fell through when Bayern announced the signing of Joshua Kimmich, paving the way for a Madrid deal.[/quote']

Wow mate, you're pretty well informed! I totally agree with you. A club like Ajax (with a superb youth system) would be better for Odegaard's career.

I honestly hope he keeps his head in the game. He's so young and talented, but if people put a lot of pressure on him or make him believe he's already a world beater, his development may be severely affected.

I don't know the lad's personality, but let's hope he's humble and hardworking. It would be great if he developped into one of the best players in the world, one day.

Re: Martin Ødegaard

Well there could possibly be another twist on the saga as Carlo Ancelotti has said no contract has been signed or agreed. Sportbild in Germany has reported Bayern are still in with a chance. Still, there were pictures of Ødegaard at the Copa del Rey match between Atletico and Real. Apparently he'll decide his future at the end of the month. I still believe Madrid remains the favorite.

Gosh' date=' with this kid already will he sign for this team will he sign for the other team, I'm telling you he'll end up being free agent till his 20's begging for a decent contract.So many contract offers on the table just sign one young boy, lol.[/quote']

Chances are he won't make it at Madrid. Madrid is not known for it's youth development since Raul and Guti.

Would have done much better going through the Pogba route. Find a top club that will give you game time, develop and then go on further.

Chances are he won't make it at Madrid. Madrid is not known for it's youth development since Raul and Guti.

Would have done much better going through the Pogba route. Find a top club that will give you game time' date=' develop and then go on further.[/quote']

He's 16. Let him have a couple of years. Also, at 16, would you turn down 80k a week?

He's 16. Let him have a couple of years. Also' date=' at 16, would you turn down 80k a week?[/quote']

Ahahah, didn't knew about that! Good for him, even if he doesn't play a single game for Real Madrid he's more than set for life, and he must've had a cool signing bonus too.

Yeah a season before Real Madrid made new signings. He will most likely get loaned out or be sold now

hmm, there's new signings every season though. Time will tell I guess but in news reports Ancelotti seems to be happy that he's back so we'll just see :).