• C. Tevez
    • B. McCarthy
    • D. Bentley
    • R. Keane
    • G. Agbonlahor
    • O. Martins

Re: Best striker in EPL this year

Hi Eddie,

I'm surprised you put D. Bentley a RM/W in there ahead of the likes of Rooney and even Berbatov (unless you think they are cr@p!) :D;)

I voted for Keane - I think he has been superb for a team that has been underperforming. Mind you, look at the stats, Spurs is the 2nd highest coring team in the league, unfortunately their defensive frailties have really cost them this season. Still, where would they be without Keano' goal ...

Torres is a funny one as he has only played about half the games but has certainly impressed when he has. I blame Rafa :P

Robin Van Persie probably deserves a mention too as he has been very impressive on occasions this season.

Good poll and thread. I hope a few more forumers contribute to the thread. :)

Herby

Hi Eddie' date='

I'm surprised you put D. Bentley a RM/W in there ahead of the likes of Rooney and even Berbatov (unless you think they are cr@p!) :D;)

Robin Van Persie probably deserves a mention too as he has been very impressive on occasions this season.

Herby[/quote']

Mmmmmmmmmm, yeah that was a bit stupid of me.........:o I just kinda forgot about them. Shoulda probably included them.

But i agree with Stevieb2006 and milessurrey that Benjani has been in awsome form this year. I voted for Torres though, even though he doesnt play consistantly he is still a very impressive player :D and liverpool owns him :P

I think that a lot of strikers have done well this season for their club in the English Premier League. Of all of the strikers, I would have to choose for Benjani but Keane was close behind.

My order

1. Benjani

2. Keane

3. Tevez

4. Rooney

5. Torres

6. Adebayor

P.S. Tom, 92 is way too high for Benjani, only 90 or 91.

Guest lola-1988

AHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

TORRES!!!!

HA HA HA HA HA HA

no way he hardly plays!

I think you have got to say benjani because he has the goals however i think anelka has a shout

Keano has been one of the few stand out performers in a shockin start to the season for Tottenham,captainin the club in Ledleys absence he has led by example in complete contrast to the sulkin bulgar and hopefully now Ramos has his feet under the table a little stability could see Robbie hav his best ever season for Spurs.

I think its Rooney, coz the guy's on fire.He scored 9 goals in 8 games(including this international games and the goal against arsenal.:D

Since he's not there on the list then i'd say Benjani. :D

2 4 me would be Tevez-amazin player fast agile and scores some good and imp goals

3rd 4 me would be Keane

and 4th would be Torres :D

I would have said Keane and I believe he is. But because he quietly going about his business and is not a club's "star" striker, no-one notices, he's been phenominal this season, not just scoring but his link-up play (No bias from me either, I'm a Man Utd fan! ;) )

Others who have impressed me:

Roque Santa Cruz (Not sure why he isn't in the list :rolleyes: )

Kenwyne Jones (been class since signing for Sunderland)

Gabriel Agbonlahor (Surely not far from the England squad)

Tevez (At times, unplayable, brilliant)

I Have To Say Benjani :D

Top Scorer Of The Prem

Ive Seen Him Play Twice Now(Pompey vs Blackburn and Pompey vs Man City) :D

He Is A Very Hard Worker

TBH The Only Reason Pompey Are Doing Well Cause Of Him As Pompey Play Long Balls And He Chases It

Also The Fans Love Him

Benjani Woa Wo

Benjani Woa Wo

Benjani Woa Wo

HEY

I WAS AT THE ARSENAL v man u game

ARSENAL were robbed man u got 2 LUCKY goals

1 off them was a foul on hleb :eek:

AND IT wasnt rooney's goal---- it was an own goal

Manu got 2 lucky goals eh :eek:

It was Arsenal who got lucky.U don't get a scrappier goal than the one Gallas scored.:D

BTW Hleb was not fouled.

th_6b4k3vb.gif