I can make you money!

Guest lola-1988

Hey,

sorry to let you all down but i was referring to sm not to you :P

I have come up with a good idea (I am personally AGAINST it but)... it would make sm big bucks IMO.....

I manage leeds and i am fed up with having no dosh.

My team is superb and every week i get really big rating increases.

BUT playing in league 3 I only get money when im at home. When i travel I loose it FAST.....

Why dont SM implement a system in which you could for example buy 5 million on the game for 1 pound in real life?

It would be unfair thats why im against it as rich people (not me lol) would benefit but they could limit it to a certain amount for each club or something?

Good idea or not it would make a fortune..... Id buy like 15 million for 3 quid!

:rolleyes:

Re: I can make you money!

This is one of these points where a lot are going to agree and a lot are going to disagree but I'm the latter. The whole point of playing the game is to use your managerial skills, and this in turn, involves looking after your finances and keeping your squad at a sufficient size that doesnt break the bank with wages.

Although I understand what you are saying because for smaller clubs it is a lot harder to gain a decent amount of revenue PLUS more on top to spend on new players, I dont think purchasing money is the way to go it sort of defeats the object of the game and would give a massive advantage to those with more money in real life. OK you could say a quid for 5mill isnt a lot, but there could be people out there who cant afford to keep spending cash on virtual money, and then on the other side youve got people who work full time, are on a good wage and can repeatedly keep buying money on SM until they have a balance of 500 mill for example. I think it contradicts the aim of the game as a whole and has far too many negatives as compared to positives.

Guest lola-1988

Yes i agree...

Because!

Although im always out of money i use my skill to keep it good like i had to sacrifice someone so I could buy kroos and bojan

was it worth it?

OF COURSE!

No offense Lola either you have money to throw away even though your suggesting only £1 = 5m or your a complete idiot.

This is a terrible idea stop riding sm's magic stick you don't work for them and they don't pay you so imho you should stop trying to make sm money.

Its good that you contribute your ideas but this one is so bad.:(

I didn't read all the post my bad I just skimmed it but why would you suggest a idea that you disagree with yourself seems quite stupid to me.

(Not calling you stupid)

Lola and Jinky, you're both walking a fine line.

Be nice to each other, show respect, stop the insults of take a 'virtual holiday from the forum'!!! ;)

Jinky, no need to question anyone's intelligence just because you don't agree with that person's idea or thread topic.

Lola, responding with insults and calling the person who offended or insulted you in the first place is also unnecessary and inappropriate.

Back to the topic - I agree with Razza.

I think the fact that you didn't think it was a good idea should've told you something at the outset Lola! lol :P

The subject has been raised before and most agreed that it would give those with more financial means an unfair advantage, compared to those that have limited funds. As Razza said, it's all part and parcel of testing one's managerial skill, to balance the books and make money by making 'smart' transfers and clever buys. :D

Tbh, it's one of the most enjoyable aspects of SM for me. I personally have little respect for those managers that wins accolades with Barca, Real, Inter, AC Milan, Man U, etc as they have massive budgets and a squad of world class players to begin with.

But take a club like Sheffield Wednesday to the top Division and build of squad of 90+ players whilst managin your finances then FULL marks to you and congrats. B)

Thanks for starting a conversation topic Lola, even if it is a somewhat controversial one. No doubt SM would love your money making idea but I can't see them relenting and lowering the games standards for the sake of a few extra quid. :rolleyes:

Herby

Lola you are doing a long term investment . i think you get lower incomes because of your division , but according to my memory , Leed's capacity stadium is in the 40,000's , right? so when you go to division 1 it will be almost full in every game . i have a similar stadium , i get around 3m in every home game

Guest lola-1988

You are correct it is 42,000 so this is big.

the problem is i travel to stadiums holding 6,000 so i loose money as you say in 2 seasons time when im in the premiership il get average of about 25,000 so its good.

But for people who want short-time investments maybe they would like this idea?

I don't really support this idea because you know, there are lots of people out there playing the game and are like super rich.

Just one example, if Abrahmovic's son plays the game (remember that his pocket is around $1M a month :rolleyes::eek::P), he could just put $400=200 pounds and he has 1,000,000,000 pounds to spend, so I don't think it's going to be very good.

Yes, SM will make lots of cash but I think this is a bit like cheating.

I make money hand over fist with stadiums a 10th of that sort of size, so I really don't see the need for something like this.

This has come up before and my opinion remains the same; it would not be fair on people in the same setup who could not afford (or didn't want to) pay out extra.

Perhaps having a setup where this feature was available, meaning people knew when entering what the deal is, would be OK, but I can't see how it could be fairly implemented in real life.

At the end of the day this does not exist in real life, so should not in SM, IMO. My advice if you want to make money throughout the season is buy young underrated players and sell them on....

Imagine if Abramovich was playing SM in real life. He would win everything. IMO this would make SM another ordinary pay2play game.

Exactly what my example was, this is just going to pull the fun out of the game.

If you really want this to be implemented onto the game, there will probably have to be a setup for like super rich people (not mentioning any names but their initials are CS, BG, and RA) who will compete who has the most cash :confused::P

I'M THUMBS DOWN FOR THIS ONE, ALTHOUGH VERY OPEN TO MOST SUGGESTIONS!

Yeah I dont think its a good idea although mixed with Teb's idea it would be good (having there own setup etc).

Although from what ive read ppl should stop using Lola as the example as she pointed out the idea wasnt aimed at her as she said she doesnt have the funds to waste on SM cash and by sounds of it doing pretty well without it.

I think the idea was just based purely on making SM extra cash which if implemented in the way mentioned above might actually work as unrealisitic as it is so are alot of other things that people "ignore" because it makes the game more enjoyable IE no sackings.