Does SM even care about cheating anymore ?

amar19

My reputation on SM is currently at 353 and it is fair statement to say that I have overseen the game evolve a great deal since the year 2007, when I first signed up for my SM account.

One thing I have noticed over the last 7 years about SM is their stance on cheating.

You could argue that cheating was more prevalent in the past, more automated measures have since been introduced to prevent cheating happening in the first place in the form of the SMFA.

However the SMFA regulation body remains dysfunctional at regulating game worlds, and even the most blatant instances of cheating usually slips under the radar with the use multiple accounts, with IPs being masked by the use of proxies.

In the past ( Pre 2010) Cheating was always dealt with stern sanctions in the past by SM, as it was considered a violation of the terms and conditions of use.

It was not uncommon to see SM members having their rep reduced for instances of cheating, with out right bans being handed out to persistent offenders. This acted as a stern deterrent for managers who considered cheating to gain an advantage.

I have noticed that ever since SM has commercialized the game , where managers can now pay to reserve a top team, that cheating has somewhat been given a free pass and that you very rarely see managers who resort to cheating being sanctioned accordingly.

There is has to be a balance between selling your product and regulating the terms and conditions of the use of the game. It is my belief that SM has become reluctant to actively sanction customers who persistently abuse the game and violate the terms and conditions of use, as long as those same customers continue to provide SM revenue through purchases. :rolleyes:

There is a serial cheater in my game world, where a manager has suspected control over 5 teams in the game world, with a number of suspicious transfers consistently going under the radar despite numerous reports.

That manager will never be sanctioned or even removed from the gameworld. He will simply have those deals reversed ( After numerous reports) and will simply refer to other tactics to once again slip under the SMFA radar to avoid detection. :o

I'm considering quitting SM as it appears to be a prevalent issue that no longer seems to be a vested interest of SM. SM has become far more interested in commercializing the game as opposed to regulating the terms and conditions of the use of the game.

Re: Does SM even care about cheating anymore ?

This is the exact reason I quit playing the game, also had a manager in my gameworld that I'd been in for about 2-3 years and it was completely ruined by him, everybody ended up leaving the world including myself.

I completely agree, cheating is ignored or not dealt with properly at all. I have had major troubles with someone cheating in a game world that me and my friends participate in.

I created a thread on it here. The cheat was eventually dealt with and kicked out of the game world however it took many months of constant pestering and reporting any way i could. He has since created a new account and taken over a new team but hasn't cheated like before.

I now have a problem with another cheat in the same game world. He has a main account that he controls his main team with and four or five new accounts that he has used to take over unmanaged teams to buy players from his main team at high prices. He has also fixed results, which i pointed out in this thread.

I have tried to report what are clear violations yet all SMFA send back is that there is not enough evidence. That is ridiculous and any sane person can see that their is cheating. I think it is a combination of not caring enough about cheaters and the SMFA being inept.

I have experienced this problem as recently as the weekend. The tickets are closed with the 'we have investigated and taken action against these accounts' only for nothing to actually happen.

It's disappointing that SM is slipping on the basics.

• 2 weeks later...

Has SM stopped investigating cheaters?

I wanted to place a thread on a cheater but considering the growing amount of threads on the subject i decided to reformulate the question.

Is there a new general complacency towards cheaters? Or is SM headquarters too busy with other matters (i.e. SM Single player)?

I will give a very clear example. The 2013/14 real football season start i took over a new team in a new GW. A manager was clearly having multiple accounts (5 of them), i reported him, all accounts were gone from the GW some transfers, not all, reversed.

Day after new account takes over the benefited club, same name style, location etc.. quite obvious same guy/girl. But this time more careful, not rushing transfers. Slowly new accounts start spawning, making not so suspicious transfers, but surely start to get to ridiculous levels. This is around the time SM announces the Single player.

I start again reporting the transfers, but this time no action taken from SM. What has changed? Same guy, similar looking accounts (not to say identical, which wouldnt be a exaggeration), ridiculous transfers strictly benefiting one club, and before was found guilty...

Clearly there is a difference in actions/philosophy in SM.. could someone please clarify what is going on?

We are constantly reviewing and improving the SMFA based on your feedback and our own research. This is the only way that it'll improve. If you believe that the appropriate action hasn't been taken, then simply drop me a PM with full details.

Re: Has SM stopped investigating cheaters?

The best solution for you is to "GIVE UP" or stop complaining and beat the cheaters in the game by using your winning strategy.

Since I reported an illegal transfer 4 times and contacted an admin and nothing happens - no bug ticket, no admin contact - I'm thinking about that. Although I did win my div 3 by 10+ points.... B)

So to the question I'd have to answer... yes.

Newp

• 2 weeks later...

Finally, think this should get read by one person at least! firstly like to coment on stevens limp answer... "drop me a PM" he says.... why the hell should we?!?! Most of the people that care about this game and play it honestly have paid to become a gold member. When i for one signed up it stated cheats will be punished sevearley.... i seen no case of that in six years of playing SM. Ive reported at least three illegal deals this week, all blatant, none of which have been dealt with! WHY! Why should the honest players have to police their gameworlds!! Errr hello? steven? Thats your job! weve paid money for this! Well ive come to this as my new rule... for every deal i report and nothing happens i will quit one club until i have none left. Quit three this evening and it will continue. Youve shafted the honest people good and proper... niceone steven. I for one will not be renewing my mebership, if i even get to that stage.... feel let down bigtime...

• 4 weeks later...

Re: Has SM stopped investigating cheaters?

The best solution for you is to "GIVE UP" or stop complaining and beat the cheaters in the game by using your winning strategy.

Firstly, your an idiot - cheats ruin game world, i've watched it a few times, and not i'm watching it happen a lot.

Secondly - agree with everyone else in this thread - SM is letting the game go down the toilet.

i've reported several cheating players over last few weeks and SM have done absolutely nothing about it - also, I dont get the e-mails i use to recieve to my mailbox anymore.

This leaves me wondering if there is an actual problem with the cheating reporting system, or has SM just given up caring whatsoever.

I'd like to know which, as I'm about to do my yearly review's on many gaming sites, and if SM really just doesn't care anymore, then I'll be sure to make sure everyone knows about it - also obviously I will have to look at how I play the game myself, as I cannot compete with the amount of cheating going on in some of my game worlds.

I have worked very very hard to make some amazing teams, buying and selling players (risers) to created the income to make Charlton a top team in my game worlds, however, SM have now pumped up the wages on these players that i'm being forced to sell off players - so the game is penalizing me for putting in the effort and playing fair, meanwhile SM let's managers cheat all over the place (there not even being careful about it, in one of my game world, the guy's actually using the same name for his multi accounts!!!!).

This use to be the best game on the internet, and i've had the deep sadness of watching it go from great, to good, to bad, and now it's getting close to the pit's really. Such a shame. I still love the game, but seems that SM dont actually love the game anymore :(

The worst part is that once you allow cheating to go on, then people get more confident, and then others join in just to compete, and soon the whole thing get's beyond a joke - i've seen some game worlds totally ruined this way, and have quit them in the past, but now it's just prevalent all over, and SM do nothing - even when you take the time to do there job of investigating all the details for them, they still do nothing at all.

Maybe my reviews this year should be on how to play SM in accordance to there current rules (ie: none), and just tell the whole gaming community that it's a total free ride, simply get an ip switcheroo, create as many game names as you like and completely rip the cr*p out of a game world and make it your own, as everyone else will just leave you to it anyway.

totally gutted :mad::mad::mad: