Made a wee list of players who are either slightly underrated and have had a very good World Cup or players who are international regulars and should be recognised as such. Also a couple stand out players :)

David ospina 88-89

Alexander mejia 86-87

James Rodrigues 91-92

Kostas manolas 87-88

Ahmed musa 89-90

Juwon oshaniwa 80-83

Kenneth ormeruo 84-85/86

Marcos rojo 88-89

Fernando gago 89-90

Paul pogba 91-92

Deandre yedlin 82-85

Jerome boateng 91-92

Mats hummels 93-94

Divock origi 84-86

Jasper cilissen 87-88

Stefan de vrij 88-89

Georgino wijnaldum 88-89

Memphis depay 87-88

Gary medel 89-90

Alexis Sanchez 92-93

Guillermo ochoa 89-90

Hector Herrera 87-88

Luiz gustavo 91-92

Jose jiminez 83-85

Oscar duarte 83-85

Joel Campbell 87-88

Christian gamboa 84-85

Yeltsin tejeda 83-85

Celso Borges 84-85

Just a few rises I think May or should happen after the World Cup. Just my opinion though. What are peoples thought? Any players I have missed or you guys disagree with? B)

Re: World Cup risers

Made a wee list of players who are either slightly underrated and have had a very good World Cup or players who are international regulars and should be recognised as such. Also a couple stand out players :)

David ospina 88-89

Alexander mejia 86-87

James Rodrigues 91-92

Kostas manolas 87-88

Ahmed musa 89-90

Juwon oshaniwa 80-83

Kenneth ormeruo 84-85/86

Marcos rojo 88-89

Fernando gago 89-90

Paul pogba 91-92

Deandre yedlin 82-85

Jerome boateng 91-92

Mats hummels 93-94

Divock origi 84-86

Jasper cilissen 87-88

Stefan de vrij 88-89

Georgino wijnaldum 88-89

Memphis depay 87-88

Gary medel 89-90

Alexis Sanchez 92-93

Guillermo ochoa 89-90

Hector Herrera 87-88

Luiz gustavo 91-92

Jose jiminez 83-85

Oscar duarte 83-85

Joel Campbell 87-88

Christian gamboa 84-85

Yeltsin tejeda 83-85

Celso Borges 84-85

Just a few rises I think May or should happen after the World Cup. Just my opinion though. What are peoples thought? Any players I have missed or you guys disagree with? B)

The ones in bold will definitely not rise imo, Gustavo has been meh, Medel still plays for Cardiff, Gago and Manolas weren't that eye-catching, and Mejia did not really get enough time on the pitch to showcase his talent, plus he still plays in Colombia, where the rating cap is 86/87. And I think you mean Jose Gimenez of Uruguay with the 83-85? imo he should be an 86-87. The Nigerians, Musa could rise, but it is quite possible he stays(imo he should), and Oshaniwa rising is limited by his club. Can't tell you about a lot of the Costa Ricans, but that whole damn team should get rises haha

I seriously doubt players will get rises just for the World Cup. I'd think the performances in the world cup will be taken into account when the player is next reviewed but they won't get a rise purely on it. Three or Four good games shouldn't turn a 91 into a 92 IMO.

David ospina 88-89

Alexander mejia 86-87

James Rodrigues 91-92

Kostas manolas 87-88

Ahmed musa 89-90

Juwon oshaniwa 80-83

Kenneth ormeruo 84-85/86

Marcos rojo 88-89

Fernando gago 89-90

Paul pogba 91-92

Deandre yedlin 82-85 - Fabian Johnson too.

Jerome boateng 91-92

Mats hummels 93-94

Divock origi 84-86 - Probably even 87' date=' depending on where he moves.

Jasper cilissen 87-88

[b']Stefan de vrij 88-89[/b]

Georgino wijnaldum 88-89

Memphis depay 87-88

Gary medel 89-90 - Medel won't rise unless he gets out of the C'Ship.

Alexis Sanchez 92-93

Guillermo ochoa 89-90

Hector Herrera 87-88

Luiz gustavo 91-92

Jose jiminez 83-85

Oscar duarte 83-85

Joel Campbell 87-88

Christian gamboa 84-85

Yeltsin tejeda 83-85

Celso Borges 84-85

Probably those in bold, if SM do opt for an extra player review.

I seriously doubt players will get rises just for the World Cup. I'd think the performances in the world cup will be taken into account when the player is next reviewed but they won't get a rise purely on it. Three or Four good games shouldn't turn a 91 into a 92 IMO.

Partially agree with this. However one shouldn't underestimate the importance of the World Cup.

A World Cup year helps those players who perhaps should have gotten a rise earlier but didn't due to unexplainable reasons.

Alexis Sanchez and James Rodriguez both should have been given their respective +1 prior to the WC, but I believe they have consolidated their claims for a +1 rise with their impressive performances for both club and country.

It would be a travesty if these two in particular didn't get their +1 to 93 and 92 respectfully particularly after shining for both club and country over the course of the year.

I can also see Hummels, Kroos and Muller getting a +1 if Germany manage to win the WC.

Javier Mascherano' date=' any chance of a +1?

Been very solid at the World Cup, not sure where Argentina would be without him.[/quote']

Under-par for Barça though, albeit because of being played slightly out of position. I wouldn't bank on it.

I think Howedes to become D(RLC) as well as +1 is up for cards. One of three German players to play every minute of the WC. Also' date=' although not as effective going forward, he's been solid at the back.[/quote']

Didn't feature all season long. I don't think a handful of games merits a rise.

I think Howedes to become D(RLC) as well as +1 is up for cards. One of three German players to play every minute of the WC. Also' date=' although not as effective going forward, he's been solid at the back.[/quote']
Think Howedes should rise. Been solid as a rock.
He should and he will B).

Why should he? Based on a handful of international games when he played just over 50% of his club games last season?

On that basis he shouldn't rise' date=' a good start for both him and club in the upcoming season then yes a +1 but to call for it on the basis of the World Cup is just wrong. [/font']

I'm not understanding why Howedes is deserving of a rise... Did not play a lot for Schalke this year, and when he did, he was not very good. As far as the World Cup, he did not look good in the group stage overall(especially V Ghana), but did have a solid game against the USA, but was terrible again V Algeria. He was very good the past two games in the knockout round, but nothing he has done the past year is deserving of a rise.

I'm not understanding why Howedes is deserving of a rise... Did not play a lot for Schalke this year' date=' and when he did, he was not very good. As far as the World Cup, he did not look good in the group stage overall(especially V Ghana), but did have a solid game against the USA, but was terrible again V Algeria. He was very good the past two games in the knockout round, but nothing he has done the past year is deserving of a rise.[/quote']

1) he should have gotten a 91 last season.

2) when he was played properly (at CB), Schalke looked a lot more solid. Just a big example of that is when Schalke played. First leg, he was right back Santana and Matip were ripped apart. And in second leg, Schalke looked formidable until he was subbed off. He is solid for Schalke more often than not

1) he should have gotten a 91 last season.

2) when he was played properly (at CB)' date=' Schalke looked a lot more solid. Just a big example of that is when Schalke played. First leg, he was right back Santana and Matip were ripped apart. And in second leg, Schalke looked formidable until he was subbed off. He is solid for Schalke more often than not[/quote']

What "legs" are you talking about? The Madrid games? I don't think it mattered if he was at CB the whole time, Schalke looked like they might concede almost every attack. With his lack of game action and his inconsistency in the World Cup, I do not think he should get a 91 yet, but if he starts the new season well and has a good performance in the final, then my opinion will obviously change.

What "legs" are you talking about? The Madrid games? I don't think it mattered if he was at CB the whole time' date=' Schalke looked like they might concede almost every attack. With his lack of game action and his inconsistency in the World Cup, I do not think he should get a 91 yet, but if he starts the new season well and has a good performance in the final, then my opinion will obviously change.[/quote']

Sorry when I meant last season, I meant 12/13. But as far as the WC goes, I guess we'll agree to disagree with his world cup performance which I don't has been at all inconsistent.

Just give Mascherano a +1 for christ sake' date=' the man tore his anus for his country.

AHAHAHAHAHA, CAN'T GET ENOUGH

Mascherano has been outstanding. Not only has he been played ot of position at Barcelona for so long but his performances for Argentina have been second to none. He has hardly put a foot wrong, been extremely solid and has kept his country in the World Cup. Outstanding leadership qualities too...