Sign in to follow this  
HannahB

The Race To The Top

Re: The Race To The Top

Matthew Webb (matt72 Forums) was unable to prevent a Gateshead defeat to Real Madrid.

Gateshead slumped to a 2 - 1 defeat to Real Madrid in their Division 1 fixture.

Muto was on the scoresheet for his side.

1 point in two games albeit it was against the Spanish giants, scored 2 and conceded 3 so I have to be reasonably happy since neither of them were able to dominate the game.

Matthew Webb (matt72 Forums) steered Fulham to victory against Birmingham City.

Fulham outclassed Birmingham City and beat them 1 - 0 in their Division 3 fixture.

A win against Lincoln in the next game will assure European football for Gateshead next season.

Well I think I've just had the busiest month of my life but thanks to my daddy :P I've now been able to stop working for a bit, so got a bit of spare time for SM again(just a bit).

I see Real Madrid have won season 1 with 2 games to go.

A few people have messaged me about season 2 and more (some thinking 1 of the big two would not win season 1). I will have a think about what rules we will do for season 2 and posts later tonight.

A big thanks to Matt for keeping the thread alive.

Matthew Webb (matt72 Forums) earned a draw with Gateshead against Lincoln City.

The match ended 0 - 0 between Gateshead and Lincoln City in their Division 1 fixture.

Husic had an impressive game and was voted Man of the Match.

A bore draw, nothing much to report in fact it was a bit of a snore festzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Matthew Webb (matt72 Forums) steered Gateshead to victory against Aldershot Town.

Gateshead beat Aldershot Town 2 - 0 in their Division 1 fixture.

Söderqvist had an impressive game and was voted Man of the Match.

Odegaard was on the scoresheet for his side.

Nice to finish the season with a win and with it we guarantee European football, so a few wins in Europe next season will boost the bank balance.

HannahB was unable to prevent a FC Halifax Town defeat to Lincoln City.FC Halifax Town slumped to a 2 - 0 defeat against Lincoln City in their Division 1 fixture.

Not a good way to end a poor season from us. At least we did not end up bottom.

"Season 2 will see a random rating cap added."

-

Can you confirm this and details please hannah

Will post some details about season 2 now.

So season 1 came to a end last night with Real Madrid winning the league by 8 points from Barcelona. The best managed team was Woking who came 3rd, 15 points behind the winners. Well done Shane.

Again apologies for going missing from the forum for a bit, It stopped me keeping up with the team of the turn(I may have some free time on Sunday to catch up with it so we can see who the player of the season is)

Season 2

At the start of the GW my idea was for a rating cap to be in place but I got talked out of this for season 1 so it was due to be added for season 2 but again if people don't want this we can look at other ideas. We have a bit of time before season 2 starts to sort this out.

I would like everyone to have a say on this so I will post 2 options for people to pick from or you could add a idea that you think would be good for the GW.

Option 1

Original idea of a random rating cap, which will work like this.

Before next season starts I will draw a rating for the next 5 seasons from the ranges below

Season 2 : between 80 and 85(This is not the range you buy)

Season 3 : between 82 and 86

Season 4 : between 85 and 88

Season 5 : between 86 and 89

Season 6 : between 87 and 90

Season 7 : No rating cap

So say for season 2, I draw out 81 this means you can sign any player rated 81 or lower. Some seasons the rating could be lower than it was the season before.

Option 2

No rating cap and the aim of the GW changes from just winning the league to winning the double.

So don't be shy boy and let's hear what you all think:D

So season 1 came to a end last night with Real Madrid winning the league by 8 points from Barcelona. The best managed team was Woking who came 3rd' date=' 15 points behind the winners. Well done Shane.

Again apologies for going missing from the forum for a bit, It stopped me keeping up with the team of the turn(I may have some free time on Sunday to catch up with it so we can see who the player of the season is)

[u']Season 2[/u]

At the start of the GW my idea was for a rating cap to be in place but I got talked out of this for season 1 so it was due to be added for season 2 but again if people don't want this we can look at other ideas. We have a bit of time before season 2 starts to sort this out.

I would like everyone to have a say on this so I will post 2 options for people to pick from or you could add a idea that you think would be good for the GW.

Option 1

Before next season starts I will draw a rating for the next 5 seasons from the ranges below

So say for season 2, I draw out 81 this means you can sign any player rated 81 or lower. Some seasons the rating could be lower than it was the season before.

Option 2

No rating cap and the aim of the GW changes from just winning the league to winning the double.

I'd settle for not finishing bottom again :D

No preference for either option Hannah

So season 1 came to a end last night with Real Madrid winning the league by 8 points from Barcelona. The best managed team was Woking who came 3rd' date=' 15 points behind the winners. Well done Shane.

[u']Season 2[/u]

Option 1

Option 2

I still think with the way the transfer funds are for teams that a ratings cap may not be required, something I think I said from the outset.

[u']Season 2[/u]

Option 1

Option 2

I'd like to see it capped, but maybe not too high, maybe low 80's, with an increase of +1 every couple of seasons(season's are short afterall)

[u']Season 2[/u]

Option 1

Option 2

I would lean towards a cap system more, but im good with either option.

Cap

wolfy102

Hannah

Dionysius_Exiguus

No cap

Veigas

ShaneMcG

Matt72

No preference

dazinho

So that helped lol. Since we are split I'v decided a new way.

The manager who is placed that highest picks the cap for the following season(The cap can be any rating). ShaneMcG will pick the cap for season 2.

It does not look like Andy is coming back so will look for a new manager now.

This post just before first game of last season, let's see how it's changed

A quick look at how things are going.

Halifax Town (Hannah)

Number Of Players:

Number Of Signings:

Most Expensive Signing:

Robin Olsen £1M

Highest Rated Player:

Reece Wabara 80

Total Amount Spent:

£9.6M