• Chavs
    • Etihad
    • Liverpool
    • Man Utd
    • The Spuds *for comic factor*
    • A N Other who nobody cares about

• 2 weeks later...

Re: The Who's having the best Transfer Window thread

Yeah no, you don't have to like Costa but he's obviously been a huge part in upgrading our starting XI

Torres and Ba were terrible. Etoo had moments of being an elite striker but his health doesn't permit him to put in regular elite performances anymore.

It's a tie between Chelsea and Liverpool for me. Arsenal a very close third.

Man Utd have made the best signing in Di Maria but it is in no-way what they needed so is a little null & void for me.

Arsenal have signed one of my favourite players in Sanchez, and Chambers at £16m has proper surprised me.

Liverpool have lost Suarez yes, and however you look at it he is a major loss. But what I like is that they have got players in who they actually need and who had really good depth options, and in a campaign in four competitions it's really good work.

I have been really impressed with Fabregas and Costa already at Chelsea. I was so surprised we got Cesc in, proven quality and he has settled straight away. Costa is the one thing we were missing last season, a brutal finisher, I do wish we kept Lukaku but I am delighted with Costa.

I am looking forward to seeing Felipe Luis getting more game time but I am a massive fan of Azpilicueta so its a win win for me.

Happy with Remy too, bargain IMO and adds some desperately needed depth.

United by far. Arsenal got the top player yes' date=' but apart from that United hands down have bought good and there is more to come.

I will be back here when we get more of our targets comparing our transfers with other teams.[/i']

smileys-cycling-617699.gif

How the tables have turned. There is no doubt that United and Chelsea have had the best window in he league no doubt.

Should we land Falcao, which is almost certain now, along with Di Maria and our other recruits there is not doubt United have had the best window.

If not the best we would certainly be up there with Chelsea. They have had a great window themselves.

I still think bringing in Falcao and Di Maria is more massive then bringing in Fab and Costa.

Di Maria and Falcao are two world class players and it's good move for United to bring them in (if Falcao really join) but considering they still don't address main problem for them,it's far from good window for United. Glamorous window but to let Anderson still have a role in the squad is disgrace by Van Gaal.

I agree with ash that it's between Chelsea and Liverpool for best window by top club. Chelsea buy exactly what needed by team and i appreciate their window so far. Perhaps Lukaku could've been treated better but Costa has performed so far. Getting rid of Torres also good move. Liverpool,despite losing Suarez,have bought everything we lack last season. Player to make difference on the bench,leader at the defence,striker to replace Suarez. Perhaps we still need another GK and we are still looking for it according to rumour.

For midtable club, i think Stoke have done pretty well too. Their fullback now decent thanks to Bardsley coming, added PL experience with Sidwell, buying a lot of exciting players upfront like Diouf,Bojan,Moses(loan). Could be good season for them

Newcastle buy a lot of good players for their frontline too like Cabella,De Jong,Riviere,Ayoze but they still have weakness at CB for me yet Pardew seems content with his current roster

How the tables have turned. There is no doubt that United and Chelsea have had the best window in he league no doubt.

Should we land Falcao' date=' which is almost certain now, along with Di Maria and our other recruits there is not doubt United have had the best window.

If not the best we would certainly be up there with Chelsea. They have had a great window themselves.

I still think bringing in Falcao and Di Maria is more massive then bringing in Fab and Costa.[/color']

Chelsea's signings have completed their jigsaw. United have got 7 corner pieces.

Still no competent defenders or defensive midfielders and still no pace in attack with Di Maria having to occupy a very deep role.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Its very clear who has the best transfer window' date=' United hands down. No one buys Di Maria and Falcao in one season, then adds players like Blind, Shaw, and Herrera in the mix.[/i']

Sadly,its not just about the names.Its about the squad needs aswell.The results so far prove that Chelsea had the best summer by miles.They added exactly what they needed and doubt they can be stopped from winning Premier League at the moment.My favourites for UCL trophy aswell.

Sadly' date='its not just about the names.Its about the squad needs aswell.The results so far prove that Chelsea had the best summer by miles.They added exactly what they needed and doubt they can be stopped from winning Premier League at the moment.My favourites for UCL trophy aswell.[/quote']

The thread states, "who's having the best transfer window". Transfers mean names, big names or small names. In United's case it was big names and small names. The thread is not " who's having the complete squad window". It's simply best transfers, in that case United have had the best. No one buys Falcao and Di Maria in the same window no one.

The thread states' date=' "who's having the best transfer window". Transfers mean names, big names or small names. In United's case it was big names and small names. The thread is not " who's having the complete squad window". It's simply best transfers, in that case United have had the best. No one buys Falcao and Di Maria in the same window no one. [/color']

I won't bother anymore.

And going back on a post more then a month old? Which you already quoted before? Is Not a troll? lol.

smileys-smiley-with-sign-083208.gif

Not a troll, a bit of fluff bants.

Seriously though Tony, as a mate, like a true mate, can you tell me how many games you've been to this season? I mean your love for United is so strong I just need to know how many matches you've been too. Being a London lad myself and a Palace fan I've only managed to get to one of United's fixtures this year which is a shame. What about yourself? One? Two? Must be more, you're a season ticket holder right?

The thread states' date=' "who's having the best transfer window". Transfers mean names, big names or small names. In United's case it was big names and small names. The thread is not " who's having the complete squad window". It's simply best transfers, in that case United have had the best. No one buys Falcao and Di Maria in the same window no one. [/color']

Mate mate me. Woah there. Slow down a little. Nobody buys two of the worlds best players in one transfer window? I give you Real Madrid. They've done it plenty.

Remember back in 2009 when they got Xabi Alonso, Kaka and then told United they were mugging them right off for Ronaldo and just took him, took him right off them. Remember that? WHAT A YEAR. What a transfer window. Mate, remember it? You can't do. Otherwise you wouldn't have said that crap I've just quoted. Utter, utter moron.

Not a troll' date=' a bit of fluff bants.

Seriously though Tony, as a mate, like a true mate, can you tell me how many games you've been to this season? I mean your love for United is so strong I just need to know how many matches you've been too. Being a London lad myself and a Palace fan I've only managed to get to one of United's fixtures this year which is a shame. What about yourself? One? Two? Must be more, you're a season ticket holder right?[/quote']

Hold on...going back on a post more then a month old...which you have already commented on..and then going back to it again...is a bit of fluff?

Yet I, comment and talk about the topic in hand is trolling? This will be the last time I respond to you. You are also on the ignore list now.

I'll leave it there.

Hold on...going back on a post more then a month old...which you have already commented on..and then going back to it again...is a bit of fluff?

Yet I' date=' comment and talk about the topic in hand is trolling? This will be the last time I respond to you. You are also on the ignore list now.

I'll leave it there. [/color']

Mate, come on. We are true mates and you're Manchesters biggest fan so I don't want to lose what we have. I need to know about Manchester and their star players and team. Did you go to the game yesterday?

• 2 months later...