Sign in to follow this  
taylor8

Keepers to get injured

Played this game for about 5 years now, and never ever head of a keeper getting injured, I think this is something that should be looked at when the new match engine is implemented, as it wouold be far more realistic and would stop many from buying a great keeper and a 10k keeper when really all they could afford is 2 average keepers.

Re: Keepers to get injured

Played this game for about 5 years now' date=' and never ever head of a keeper getting injured, I think this is something that should be looked at when the new match engine is implemented, as it wouold be far more realistic and would stop many from buying a great keeper and a 10k keeper when really all they could afford is 2 average keepers.[/quote']

agree, this should have been implemented years ago.

Played this game for about 5 years now' date=' and never ever head of a keeper getting injured, I think this is something that should be looked at when the new match engine is implemented, as it wouold be far more realistic and would stop many from buying a great keeper and a 10k keeper when really all they could afford is 2 average keepers.[/quote']

I said this ages ago too, it's really silly. Even though I admit that I'm one of those who have a top keeper, whilst my 2nd keeper is 78 and was obviously cheap because he won't ever be needed (for now anyway).

not even a yellow card

but i think this may be due to the number of quality keepers, which is smaller pool than there is in Defense, Midfield, Forward, etc. Plus it would be difficult to keep 2 top gks satisfied (as it should be). I think they might do it eventually, but it has to be balanced enough, because gks arent injured every week, they dont get red cards often, sometimes they dont get a red card for a few seasons. I can see why it hasn't been implemented yet, with the strong unbalance for injuries and red cards sometimes.

There's some really odd things in SM, this being one of them - another that springs to mind being the vast chance of scoring from a FK when the opponent isn't carded and vice-versa, just about impossible to score from one when they are carded!

For things seemingly simple to solve I've always been confused as to why they haven't been addressed - usually the more realistic the game is, the better.

There's some really odd things in SM' date=' this being one of them - another that springs to mind being the vast chance of scoring from a FK when the opponent isn't carded and vice-versa, just about impossible to score from one when they are carded!

For things seemingly simple to solve I've always been confused as to why they haven't been addressed - usually the more realistic the game is, the better.[/quote']

For sure. A few months back I actually proposed that SM makes the engine a bit spicier. I even threw in a few examples that they could have used!

"Corner goes in from (insert name here), fantastic header.....cleared off the line by (insert name here)!!"

:D

If Keepers get injured' date=' SM needs to implement a way where GK subs get put in automatically, or if subs are all used, use a player-designated outfield replacement.[/quote']

Thats not hard for the Devs to put in

If Keepers get injured' date=' SM needs to implement a way where GK subs get put in automatically, or if subs are all used, use a player-designated outfield replacement.[/quote']

Mate this wouldnt matter, players get injured "after" matches anyway :P

The problems I could see arising on this is:

- Not enough decent keepers. Meaning, less good keeper's for mid to small clubs. Big clubs hoovering up more old 85+ GK's.

- Amount of GK's needed. What if you get 2 keeper's injured, and dont have a third? It could end up with clubs signing at least 3 keeper's each..(see point 1)

Good idea, which I like...though I dont think it would really work too well in THIS game IMO ;)