EPL Rating Changes Thread

TomOwen

Thread for rating changes for any club in the Premier League, I will do club by club in alphabetical order.

Will do one team per post and will only post for players that should have a rating change. Feel free to add your opinions.

For most of the youngsters, I don't know much so you can help me out.

ARSENAL

Jens Lehmann 92-->91

He's not playing enough games for Arsenal, has been dropped for a few months already. Very sloppy mistakes whenever he plays for the team. A rating decrease is correctly deserved for the German No. 1 Keeper.

Manuel Almunia 87-->90

He has taken first spot at Arsenal so deserves a good increase. He must increase to 89, at least but 90 would be more fair for such a talented keeper who is performing consistently in the team. Up to 90.

Vito Mannone 70-->75

Got to play twice in the Championship although made a few sloppy mistakes, still needs an increase to the 75 region. This keeper might join the Scottish League soon.

Gael Clichy 90-->91

Performing consistently for the team, playing almost every match. A great player, makes the Arsenal fans forget about Ashley Cole. He has put his injury days behind his back.

Armand Traore 80-->83

Played many times in the Carling Cup for the team and performs very well when has a chance. He should definitely get an increase to at least a 83 this time round.

Bakari Sagna 89-->90

He's playing for Arsenal and has only missed about three matches this season. Very solid defender with a great tackle and can also attack. He makes the Arsenal's right flank immune.

Emmanuel Eboue 89-->88

Not playing at right back and right midfield, Sagna and Hleb are playing to welll. A decrease is pretty obvious.

Justin Hoyte 87-->86

Same as Eboue, he's not playing so his rating has only one way to go, down. A talented player but has lost his touch after not getting to play oftenly.

Kolo Toure 94-->95

Very solid defender, should rise to a 95, he can tackle, mark, header, has all the great abilities of a center back. He should only rise if Ferdinand and Vidic and Carvalho go up though.

Aleksandr Hleb 91-->92

Arsenal's unsung hero. Works very well with Sagna on the right wing and is just simply a great right midfielder. He has to get an increase to 92 because of his great performances recently.

Francesc Fabregas 94-->95

I guess I don't have to explain anything for Fabregas.

Gilberto Silva 93-->92

Not playing a lot, should definitely drop to 92. Starts to warm the bench and I have a feeling that he will move in January. Down to 92 just twelve weeks after he got a 93.

Mathieu Flamini 88-->89

Playing very well next to Fabregas, definitely needs an increase for what he has done since the beginning of the season. He should have a positional change to CM/LB too.

Denlinson 85-->87

Playing very well, sometimes gets to play in the EPL, but mostly plays in cup matches and he always makes Wenger happy. Has a great corner too. Up to 87, if not even 88.

Theo Walcott 85-->88

Playing for the first team in the EPL as well as playing the two domestic cups and even the Champions League. This costly 18 year old has proven the price that Wenger payed for him was even called "cheap". Great player with great dribbling. Position change to F/W

Eduardo 90-->89

Like Gilberto, he has not played a lot and should go down to 89. He has played a limited amount of games and his goal tally aren't too impressive for a poacher who scored something like 45 goals last season.

Emmanuel Adebayor 89-->90

There's a whole thread on him, so I guess I've said enough. Up to 90, maybe 91.

Niklas Bendtner 85-->87

Same as Walcott and Denlinson.

Aston Villa is next

Re: EPL Rating Changes Thread

ARSENAL

Manuel Almunia 87-->90

He has taken first spot at Arsenal so deserves a good increase. He must increase to 89' date=' at least but 90 would be more fair for such a talented keeper who is performing consistently in the team. Up to 90.

Kolo Toure 94-->95

Very solid defender, should rise to a 95, he can tackle, mark, header, has all the great abilities of a center back. He should only rise if Ferdinand and Vidic and Carvalho go up though.

Theo Walcott 85-->88

Playing for the first team in the EPL as well as playing the two domestic cups and even the Champions League. This costly 18 year old has proven the price that Wenger payed for him was even called "cheap". Great player with great dribbling. Position change to F/W

Eduardo 90-->89

Like Gilberto, he has not played a lot and should go down to 89. He has played a limited amount of games and his goal tally aren't too impressive for a poacher who scored something like 45 goals last season.

Aston Villa is next[/quote']

These I disagree to a certain extent.

The beach bum, Almunia, for me an 89 tops.

Toure I would agree but only if Vidic and Ferdinand went up to 94 and 95 respectively as they are all equally as good as the other. That has to be stressed on.

Walcott to 87 tops for moi, hasnt been as impressive as perceived. He needs to improve his finishing for him to be a 88 IMO.

I think eduardo needs time, and he has been showing glimpses of his brilliantinism, so he should stay 90. Still vital for Croatia and I guess that is the important part; still a great and valuable international player.

Overall a good post mate, I would rep you if I could but it says I need to spread rep around more LOL.

I think everyone is being unfair on Lehmann. He was injured and the team was successful without him (let's face it any of us could go in goal for Arsenal and get some wins) so they are not messing with something that is working, which I understand. But that doesn't have anything to do with the fact that Lehmann is a world class keeper and Germany's number 1. He should stay at 92.

Thread for rating changes for any club in the Premier League' date=' I will do club by club in alphabetical order.

Will do one team per post and will only post for players that should have a rating change. Feel free to add your opinions.

For most of the youngsters, I don't know much so you can help me out.

[b']ARSENAL[/b]

Jens Lehmann 92-->91

He's not playing enough games for Arsenal, has been dropped for a few months already. Very sloppy mistakes whenever he plays for the team. A rating decrease is correctly deserved for the German No. 1 Keeper.

Manuel Almunia 87-->90

He has taken first spot at Arsenal so deserves a good increase. He must increase to 89, at least but 90 would be more fair for such a talented keeper who is performing consistently in the team. Up to 90.

Vito Mannone 70-->75

Got to play twice in the Championship although made a few sloppy mistakes, still needs an increase to the 75 region. This keeper might join the Scottish League soon.

Gael Clichy 90-->91

Performing consistently for the team, playing almost every match. A great player, makes the Arsenal fans forget about Ashley Cole. He has put his injury days behind his back.

Armand Traore 80-->83

Played many times in the Carling Cup for the team and performs very well when has a chance. He should definitely get an increase to at least a 83 this time round.

Bakari Sagna 89-->90

He's playing for Arsenal and has only missed about three matches this season. Very solid defender with a great tackle and can also attack. He makes the Arsenal's right flank immune.

Emmanuel Eboue 89-->88

Not playing at right back and right midfield, Sagna and Hleb are playing to welll. A decrease is pretty obvious.

Justin Hoyte 87-->86

Same as Eboue, he's not playing so his rating has only one way to go, down. A talented player but has lost his touch after not getting to play oftenly.

Kolo Toure 94-->95

Aleksandr Hleb 91-->92

Arsenal's unsung hero. Works very well with Sagna on the right wing and is just simply a great right midfielder. He has to get an increase to 92 because of his great performances recently.

Francesc Fabregas 94-->95

I guess I don't have to explain anything for Fabregas.

Gilberto Silva 93-->92

Not playing a lot, should definitely drop to 92. Starts to warm the bench and I have a feeling that he will move in January. Down to 92 just twelve weeks after he got a 93.

Mathieu Flamini 88-->89

Playing very well next to Fabregas, definitely needs an increase for what he has done since the beginning of the season. He should have a positional change to CM/LB too.

Denlinson 85-->87

Playing very well, sometimes gets to play in the EPL, but mostly plays in cup matches and he always makes Wenger happy. Has a great corner too. Up to 87, if not even 88.

Theo Walcott 85-->88

Eduardo 90-->89

Emmanuel Adebayor 89-->90

There's a whole thread on him, so I guess I've said enough. Up to 90, maybe 91.

Niklas Bendtner 85-->87

Same as Walcott and Denlinson.

Aston Villa is next

i agree with all of those apart from these:

bendtner hasnt played enough to be an 87, he has only played premiership cameos and cup matches so 86 is good

i dont think eduardo deserves a decrease, he plays well for croatia, and i feel hes done enough to keep his rating

walcott - i think hes a player on the rise, but a 3 point increase is a bit much right now IMO, 87 is fine

eboue: plays alot for the arsenal first team, but rarely puts in a poor performance, so 89 is a minimum rating for him

almunia: is probably the weak link in the arsenal team, although hes a good stopper, a bit of a dodgy goalie if you ask me, but as hes currently playing in the first team, 88 is acceptable for him

i agree with all of those apart from these:

bendtner hasnt played enough to be an 87' date=' he has only played premiership cameos and cup matches so 86 is good

i dont think eduardo deserves a decrease, he plays well for croatia, and i feel hes done enough to keep his rating

walcott - i think hes a player on the rise, but a 3 point increase is a bit much right now IMO, 87 is fine[/b']

eboue: plays alot for the arsenal first team, but rarely puts in a poor performance, so 89 is a minimum rating for him

almunia: is probably the weak link in the arsenal team, although hes a good stopper, a bit of a dodgy goalie if you ask me, but as hes currently playing in the first team, 88 is acceptable for him

Definitely agree with these.

To add...

Sagna: If Clichy is deserving of an increase to 91 I'd even say Sagna is also worthy of a 91... hes a very solid RB.

Hleb: I would go as far and say he should get an increase to a 93. If Rosicky is 93 then Hleb should be on par with him as well. Rosicky hasn't exactly lived up to the expectations before the season started, or even since he arrived at Arsenal and yet hes still a 93. I also believe that Hleb is more technically gifted than a player like Joe Cole who is also rated at 92.

Adebayor: I don't know if its just me but I feel that Adebayor is a bit overrated by some. I think it all started after the two games against Spurs and Derby... hes gotten a bit too much praise after those games but hasn't exactly done much until the away game at Reading where he scored a goal. A rating above 90 would be too much... I'd even go as far and say that hes a solid 89 and not exactly a 90.

adebayor to 91/92 not 90 defo needs higher than a 90 hes far better than andy johnson and hes a 90 and yakubu is a 91 so there fore adebayor should be or even higher

Probably Andy Johnson should get a decrease instead of Adebayor getting more than a 90. Yakubu is also a natural goalscorer which Adebayor isn't.

To add...

Sagna: If Clichy is deserving of an increase to 91 I'd even say Sagna is also worthy of a 91... hes a very solid RB.

Hleb: I would go as far and say he should get an increase to a 93. If Rosicky is 93 then Hleb should be on par with him as well. Rosicky hasn't exactly lived up to the expectations before the season started' date=' or even since he arrived at Arsenal and yet hes still a 93. I also believe that Hleb is more technically gifted than a player like Joe Cole who is also rated at 92.

Adebayor: I don't know if its just me but I feel that Adebayor is a bit overrated by some. I think it all started after the two games against Spurs and Derby... hes gotten a bit too much praise after those games but hasn't exactly done much until the away game at Reading where he scored a goal. A rating above 90 would be too much... I'd even go as far and say that hes a solid 89 and not exactly a 90.

Probably Andy Johnson should get a decrease instead of Adebayor getting more than a 90. Yakubu is also a natural goalscorer which Adebayor isn't.[/quote']

i'm sorry but if you read the papers after readings 3-1 loss against arsenal you will see how a reading player who supports tottenham thought arsenal and especially adebayor and fabregas were sensational, so although adebayor may not be a natural goal scorer he holds the ball up brilliantly and works really hard for the team, call me an arsenal fan or whatever but adebayor is a good centre forward. thats enough from me lol great thread by the way

To add...

Hleb: I would go as far and say he should get an increase to a 93. If Rosicky is 93 then Hleb should be on par with him as well. Rosicky hasn't exactly lived up to the expectations before the season started' date=' or even since he arrived at Arsenal and yet hes still a 93. I also believe that Hleb is more technically gifted than a player like Joe Cole who is also rated at 92.

Probably Andy Johnson should get a decrease instead of Adebayor getting more than a 90. Yakubu is also a natural goalscorer which Adebayor isn't.[/quote']

what are you talking about check this seasons stats...

adebayor 9 games 7 goals...

yakubu 8 games 6 goals...

which is pretty much even there

Although I don't know about Yakubu, Adebayor's goals came against not only weak opposition for the most part, but also his goals are all really clustered. It's not like he's been scoring 1 a game. Instead, he just put a hattrick by Derby, which is about half of his goals for the season so far. And the way Derby are playing, my grandma could put at least one by them in 90 minutes.

Agree with almost all except Eduardo , he is scoring much for Croatia . These are my predictions :

Joe Hart - (78-->83/84) : Had an excellent breakthrough . Was terrible against Chelsea but good against the rest . Also to bench him then will destroy his morale or even his career but did well against Portsmouth . Seems a safer keeper than Schmeichel .

Michael Johnson - (85-->87/88) : This lad is an all round improved player . Hard tackler , good passer , a team player and with loads of energy . Has been superb for Man City. N/B: A future England international player so if you haven't bought him go for him now .

Stephen Ireland - (87-->88/89) : He is his country's top scorer in the Euro 2008 qualifiers with 4 goals and with some good performances this season , certainly deserves the rise .

Tom Craddock - (64-->70-75) : At least for some premiership appearances he deserves a rise. With Boro's strikers having a drought he might play more .

Cristiano Ronaldo - (96-->97) : might be a bit controversial but doesn't he deserve the 97 ??? He is on form once more this season proving that last year's performances weren't a joke . This season he has scored 6 goals in the league , 4 in the champions league and 8 in the euro qualifiers making him the top scorer for his club and country . His game has improved and i think he is on a same platform as Gerrard (97) and better than Henry(97)

Gareth Barry - (90-->91/92) : Much is known about his potentials and his recent heroics for England that assure him a rise , Some forumers say he must only rise to 91 , but i like comparing ratings changes with other players . Barry is know better than Carrick or Hargreaves .

Agree with almost all except Eduardo ' date=' he is scoring much for Croatia . These are my predictions :

[b']Joe Hart[/b] - (78-->83/84) : Had an excellent breakthrough . Was terrible against Chelsea but good against the rest . Also to bench him then will destroy his morale or even his career but did well against Portsmouth . Seems a safer keeper than Schmeichel .

Michael Johnson - (85-->87/88) : This lad is an all round improved player . Hard tackler , good passer , a team player and with loads of energy . Has been superb for Man City. N/B: A future England international player so if you haven't bought him go for him now .

Stephen Ireland - (87-->88/89) : He is his country's top scorer in the Euro 2008 qualifiers with 4 goals and with some good performances this season , certainly deserves the rise .

Tom Craddock - (64-->70-75) : At least for some premiership appearances he deserves a rise. With Boro's strikers having a drought he might play more .

Cristiano Ronaldo - (96-->97) : might be a bit controversial but doesn't he deserve the 97 ??? He is on form once more this season proving that last year's performances weren't a joke . This season he has scored 6 goals in the league , 4 in the champions league and 8 in the euro qualifiers making him the top scorer for his club and country . His game has improved and i think he is on a same platform as Gerrard (97) and better than Henry(97)

Gareth Barry - (90-->91/92) : Much is known about his potentials and his recent heroics for England that assure him a rise , Some forumers say he must only rise to 91 , but i like comparing ratings changes with other players . Barry is know better than Carrick or Hargreaves .

I agree with all of these except for Cristiano Ronaldo.

Question for you: Do you think Ronaldo deserves to be rated higher than Xavi, Puyol, and equal to Henry or Gerrard. Based on performances, I don't think so. I can say that Iniesta and Fabregas are the best performers now and are better than Ronaldo.

Aston Villa

Scott Carson 89-->90

First choice keeper for Martin O'Neill now. Carson has performed very well since joining Aston Villa and has not conceded as many as Sorensen did last season although the defense hasn't had any changes. Carson is way more solid.

Thomas Sorensen 89-->88

The Danish number one has lost his position at his club, and will probably lose his position in the Danish squad if he doesn't play for Aston Villa. So he will probably get a decrease.

Martin Laursen 88-->89

One of the best defenders this season and the best for Aston Villa so I have to say that if he doesn't have the same rating as Olof Mellberg then it would be very unfair. A small increase to 89.

Gareth Barry 90-->91/92

Same as Ahmed said previously, he is definitely better than Carrick and Hagreaves, why, because he is playing in the English National Team and took Frank Lampard's position and Lampard is rated 96.

Ashley Young 88-->89/90

Great signing for Martin O'Neill since he was signed in January. Didn't play very well in his first few matches but for this season he has had some sensational performances and has also scored a few. Up to at least 89.

Gabriel Agbonlahor 88-->89/90

Same reason as Young and he has scored so many goals this season, probably the most for Villa. I'm not sure, I guess I have to ask Adam.

Question for you: Do you think Ronaldo deserves to be rated higher than Xavi' date=' Puyol, and equal to Henry or Gerrard. Based on performances, I don't think so. I can say that Iniesta and Fabregas are the best performers now and are better than Ronaldo.[/quote']

I think Ronaldo has had a bit of a slow start to the season but that was due to suspension. Since coming back he's started to show the flashes of brilliance again and I think by time the changes come round again he'll be worthy of a 97.

Scoring in champs league, goal against Arsenal. 2 in 2 mins at the weekend, hardly bad form is it? imo, him and Messi are the two stand-out young player in the world at the moment and deserve to be up there with the best.

I agree with Fabregas 95/96 for him too, not so sure about Iniesta though. I think it's great also that there are some young english players that are performing too, Shaun Wright-Phillips, Michael Johnson & Joe Hart (as mentioned earler) Ashley Young, Gabriel Agbonlahor, Scott Carson.

The future looks bright atm, some of these players have to be knocking on the door of the England team soon. :D

Question for you: Do you think Ronaldo deserves to be rated higher than Xavi' date=' Puyol, and equal to Henry or Gerrard. Based on performances, I don't think so. I can say that Iniesta and Fabregas are the best performers now and are better than Ronaldo.[/quote']

Yes.

Ronaldo is one of the best in the world right now. Look at his goals records this season and this year. He is a winger and his record is better than most forwards.

If anything, Henry should go down IMHO. Barely played during the first half of this year. Now gone to Barca and is doing well, but not setting the world alight.

And Gerrard is not excelling as he was a few years ago - even Benitez has said it. Still absolutely top quality, but not better than Ronaldo, Rooney, Drogba or Fabregas.

Yes.

Ronaldo is one of the best in the world right now. Look at his goals records this season and this year. He is a winger and his record is better than most forwards.

If anything' date=' Henry should go down IMHO. Barely played during the first half of this year. Now gone to Barca and is doing well, but not setting the world alight.

And Gerrard is not excelling as he was a few years ago - even Benitez has said it. Still absolutely top quality, but not better than Ronaldo, Rooney, Drogba or Fabregas.[/quote']

If Gerrard is not better than Fabregas, Rooney, Drogba, and Ronaldo then you should start to watch football, not just read the scorelines.

Rooney, better than Gerrard? Rooney should be rated 94/95 TBH and Drogba and Ronaldo and Fabregas haven't reached the heights of Gerrard yet.

Gerrard lead the whole team to win the CL in 2005 and runners up in 2007. He scored two goals so they could beat West Ham in the FA Cup 2006.

Not convincing enough?

If Gerrard is not better than Fabregas' date=' Rooney, Drogba, and Ronaldo then you should start to watch football, not just read the scorelines.

Rooney, better than Gerrard? Rooney should be rated 94/95 TBH and Drogba and Ronaldo and Fabregas haven't reached the heights of Gerrard yet.

Gerrard lead the whole team to win the CL in 2005 and runners up in 2007. He scored two goals so they could beat West Ham in the FA Cup 2006.

Not convincing enough?

You cannot base his current ranking on what he did in 2005 and 2006. Back then I would say he deserved a 97.

I would say that Gerrard and Rooney are on a par with each other. Hence my comment he is not BETTER than any of the players I mentioned.

And thanks, I watch plenty of English football. I am english born and bred and live in England. :P

haven't reached the heights of Gerrard yet.

What are the heights of Gerrard?. Virtually single handedly won the the CL in 2005., but what else.

Every man and his dog in England agreed Ronaldo was the best in Britain last season. Closely followed by Drogba.

If you asked every neutral fan in the country who has been the best player in the country this season, most would probably say Fabregas, followed by a choice of Ronaldo, Rooney or Adebayor.

If Gerrard is not better than Fabregas' date=' Rooney, Drogba, and Ronaldo then you should start to watch football, not just read the scorelines.

Not convincing enough?

I get it now.

I see your a Liverpool fan. Hence the obvious bias.

English ratings still a way off. We should wait and see. Gerrard will prob stay where he is. If rooney continues his great form after coming back from injury he could go up to 97 but he probably will stay at 96.

Ronaldo should definitely go up to 97. he was amazing last season and has been brilliant this season as well.

Fabregas up to 95/96. No need to explain.

I think Gerrard' date=' Ronaldo and Ronaldinho should all be 99s they are the closest thing to perfect footballers with each player maybe having 1 flaw to their game.[/quote']

:eek: :eek: :eek:

well, ronaldo is fine at 96, where he is only 22 years old, and the best is yet to come.

ronaldinho ATM is better than gerrard and where is kaka lol

Guest lola-1988

jinky what a lame post

didnt you realise that only 1 player can get 99 on sm at one time

its there to represent the best in the world thats why neither kaka nor ronaldinho are there at the moment!

jinky what a lame post

didnt you realise that only 1 player can get 99 on sm at one time

its there to represent the best in the world thats why neither kaka nor ronaldinho are there at the moment!

Acually, I don't recall that it says ANYWHERE on SM that only 1 player can be 99! :rolleyes:

Up until now only Ronny made it to 99, but that's not to say that Kaka and him couldn't both reach that level again in the near future, maybe even thro Messi or Ronaldo in there. :rolleyes:

Sometimes it's hard to decide who the "best player in the world" is, unless you have specific criteria. Look at the history books, some 'experts' say Pele others claim that Maradona was better or just as good. :eek::confused:

p.s. Jinky has received a warning for his last reply. I suggest you too chose your words carefully from now on. If I see this feud between you 2 continue on the boards then you'll both cop a ban from me. Insults won't be tolerated! B)