EPL Rating Changes Thread

TomOwen

Re: EPL Rating Changes Thread

eboue hasnt dropped down the pecking order' date=' wenger wanted to move eboue to right mid, which is why he boutgh sagna, coz otherwise he wud only hav hoyte. eboue is now considered a right mid by wenger first, then a rb[/quote']

I think Wenger bought Sagna because he was a very good talent and Wenger could see that and didn't want to miss out, so he went and bought him. Then Wenger realised that Sagna was much better than Eboue in the RB position but he didn't want to leave Eboue out of the side so he moved him to RM. He is now playing there but isn't getting as much game time as he did when he was at RB.

So he has dropped down the pecking order in the RB position but at the same time has gone up the pecking order in the RM position. And as this is a rating thread i think he is fine with the rating he currently has. :)

Eboue hasnt dropped down the pecking order, b4 the african cup of nations he had started more than half the games, if you remember correctly arsenal played a 4-4-1-1

sagna - toure - gallas - clichy

eboue - fabregas - flamini - rosicky

hleb

adebayor

although i agree that hes gonna have to work hard for his place as eduardo has been playing well.

My views on things

Arsenal -

Adebayor - 91 - 92 - Went up tp 91 in the last changes and if he continues his prolific scoring he could easily go up to 92+.

Fabregas - 95 - Perfect rating for him for the time being. A fututure star as we all know.

Kolo Toure - 94 - 95 - Been one of the most consistent center backs in the Premiership. 95 would do justice for him.

Gilberto - 92 - 90 - Not getting games anymore, should go down to 90. I dont see how he can be higher than players like Ashley Young who play brilliantly for there team.

Eduardo - 90 - 90 - He gets the odd game and is a great player although i dont think he should be any higher than a 90.

I'm looking to buy a good CM and i have my eyes on Michael Carrick' date=' how does he look for the next rating changes? Is he worth it ? I would have preffered Moutinho, but he is injured for a long time and doesn't look to good atm.

Thanks![/quote']

DO NOT SIGN CARRICK! He has little future atm. Sign someone like Anderson, Jenas who's been called up for england, or they young superstar Adel Taarabt.

DO NOT SIGN CARRICK! He has little future atm. Sign someone like Anderson' date=' Jenas who's been called up for england, or they young superstar Adel Taarabt.[/quote']

I wouldn't buy Carrick because I'm an english fan, as I'm not, but he's the only 90+ CM , along with Moutinho, left at an unmanaged team in my setup and I'm in desperate need of one. If i had more money I would have bought another, but none of the managers in my setup is willing to sell their players for less than double their value. I hopped that Carrick would be good as he is getting games for Manchester and they are doing great at the moment.

• 1 month later...

Any ideas if Stewart Downing will increase?

Yup he looking good for an increase. He's staretd every single game fo boro this season. He's got 6 goals and has 4 assists to his name as well. Looking good for an incerase to 90 imo.

Tbh i would love him to go to 91 but i don't think he will that rating.

Rise to 90 imo. :D

Now that we are talking about boro i think that Wheater should get a rise to 88/89. He has been grea tthis season and has begun to play even better since Woodgate has left. Plus he has scored 3 goals this season. ;)

Grounds shold get a rise to 76/77 imo. He has started 4 games this season and played a total of 363 min (including the game against L'pool :D)

Aliadiere should get a rise to 88/89 imo as well. He got off to a slow start but has been playing really well off-late. He has scored 4 goals this season and has got 3 assists. Made 24 starts as well ;).

Gary O' Neil should get a rise to 88/89 as well. Started 23 gams and has got 4 assists. He has looked pretty good this season good

I wouldn't buy Carrick because I'm an english fan' date=' as I'm not, but he's the only 90+ CM , along with Moutinho, left at an unmanaged team in my setup and I'm in desperate need of one. If i had more money I would have bought another, but none of the managers in my setup is willing to sell their players for less than double their value. I hopped that Carrick would be good as he is getting games for Manchester and they are doing great at the moment.[/quote']

Take no notice mate, carrick will be a great buy for you. theres an outside chance he may go up by 1 and he is improving all the time and thriving on the fierce competition to get a place in the man united midfield. hardly the sign of a player with little future.

I think Brad Friedel has to go up. He is performing regulary well for Blackburn who are doing well in the league. He is also in the "team of the season" until now' date=' alongside his teammate Bentley[/quote']

Agreed, I am a big fan of Friedel, and he is a real class keeper for Rovers. I've been up to Ewood a fait few times recently and he has been Outstanding. Other than Bentely I would say he's Rovers key man, and single handedly keeps them in so many games.

And I've met him and got his autograph, along with Bentley, Pederson, McCarthy and pretty much Rovers whole team :D

• 2 weeks later...

S. Larsson - Birmingham

I think this guy deserves a +1 rating change' date=' ive been quite impressed this season when i have seen him play, and not many players at all (only around 4/5 i think) have played more minutes for Birmingham this season. On top of that, he has scored 5 goals from wide midfield including a couple of top quality long range efforts, most memorably against Spurs. He has performed better (in my opinion), and more regularly than the likes of Kapo (88), Johnson (86) and Nafti (86), and defintely deserves an increase, despite his teams position.[/font']

I think 90 is possible for Anderson but 91 is too far this time round. I think he's a terrific player, and no doubt better than alot of the current 90rated players, but SM tends to go by statistics and although he's contributed alot this season he's not played a complete season yet. :)

Naní is in a similar situation, but he's played quite a few games for Portugal who have the likes of Ronaldo, Quaresma, Simao and Figo in the same position so should be a secure 90 if not 91.

As for Carrick; he's still starting regularly and playing in the CL which is always sign of a good player. Lack of England caps will probably prevent him from increasing but definately won't go down.

Just gonna give you a second Boro fan's view on the upcoming ratings.

As it stands' date=' Wheater and Huth both deserve to go up two, to 88.

Solid, making up for Woodgate departure.

However, Boateng, down about 3.[/quote']

Pretty much spot on with this. Boro's lack of goals this season has meant we've had to rely on our defence to win us our points. Everyone has been raving about Wheater this season, myself included (see signature), but Huth, as well as Luke Young, have been Boro's unsung heroes in defence since Woodgate's departure. Luke Young's rating is probably about right for now, but continuing with his consistent performances could see a future increase in rating, as well as a possible England call-up. Tom has probably predicted Huth's rating about right, 88 is a good shout for 'the Berlin Wall'. As for his defensive partner, 'the Redcar Rock' David Wheater could hit 89, and would if Boro were in a better league position, but will probably hit 88 as Tom again said, but a definite future 90+ and England player.

I think Boateng down 3 is slightly harsh, after a few recent impressive performances. 89 is definitely too high for an ageing rotated midfielder, but I think 87 is probably about right for now.

Yup he (Stewart Downing) looking good for an increase. He's staretd every single game fo boro this season. He's got 6 goals and has 4 assists to his name as well. Looking good for an increase to 90 imo.

Tbh i would love him to go to 91 but i don't think he will that rating.

Rise to 90 imo. :D

Downing has been our best supplier and finisher of goals this season' date=' which just shows how poor we have been in the forward department this season for a winger to be top scorer! Downing should hit 90 for playing regularly for club and country (although he's not the same player when in an England shirt), but I'm afraid any higher than a 90 is a long way off, as Boro would have to be in European places next year for this to be possible IMO. His form has been even better of late, along with that of the team. At the moment, I think there are 3 players worthy of a 90 in the Boro team (though not all will hit this rating), who are Stewart Downing, David Wheater and Tuncay Sanli (already rated 90).

Now that we are talking about boro i think that Wheater should get a rise to 88/89. He has been grea tthis season and has begun to play even better since Woodgate has left. Plus he has scored 3 goals this season. ;)

Grounds shold get a rise to 76/77 imo. He has started 4 games this season and played a total of 363 min (including the game against L'pool :D)

Aliadiere should get a rise to 88/89 imo as well. He got off to a slow start but has been playing really well off-late. He has scored 4 goals this season and has got 3 assists. Made 24 starts as well ;).

Gary O' Neil should get a rise to 88/89 as well. Started 23 gams and has got 4 assists. He has looked pretty good this season good

I've already mentioned Wheater earlier. IMO worthy of 90, would hit 89 if playing for top half club, but will hit 88 for sure.

Grounds has made a few appearances this season. IMO he should reach 80-82, to match Omozusi's rating change for Fulham earlier in the season. Although Grounds has just signed a 2-year contract, I can't see him making many more appearances for Boro ever to be honest. At the moment, he's behing both Pogatetz and Taylor in the pecking order for left-back, and I really don't think Grounds is, or will be, better than Taylor. I think he'll end up at a respectable Championship side in future.

I think your assessment of Aliadiere is a bit generous, but I can see where you're coming from. He'll definitely make 87 just from appearances, and could even make 88 for his recent goal spurt, but he just doesn't seem to be the same player against smaller sides. Against Arsenal he was dangerous and lively, but the next game against Derby he was very quiet for the whole 90 minutes. If he was more consistent, and played as many games next season as he has this season, I believe he could be our best striker. He was described as one of the best products of the French national academy, and ARsene Wenger always said he'd come good...you never know! Will definitely make 87/88, but if he has a good season next season I think he could be an outside shout for a 90.

I like O'Neil, but annoyingly he hasn't shown the same goalscoring prowess with the Boro as he did with Pompey. He's got good technique, good passing and crossing, and links up well down the right flank with Luke Young, but 89 is too generous for a non-international player playing decent for a mid-to-lower Premier League side. I think 88 would be fair.

Overall, Boro have been playing better recently, and the rating changes should reflect this. If you're going to buy a Boro player, make sure it's one of:

• David Wheater (Future England player)
  • Robert Huth (If he keeps fit, will be a German regular)
  • Stewart Downing (Quality player, needs more confidence at international stage)
  • Jeremie Aliadiere (If he can be more consistent he'll be a top class striker)

Another player to look out for is Josh Walker. Currently on loan from Boro, and playing regularly, for Aberdeen - including UEFA Cup experience - Walker is 19 and has captained England from Under-15 to Under-19 age levels. He has been likened to Steven Gerrard, but don't expect too much of him straight away. When Boateng and Rochemback leave in the summer, he should start getting games for the Boro. He'll hit 83 for sure in the next rating changes - an increase of 4 from his current 79 rating, but could definitely be a future star! You heard him here first (I think :P )!!!!

Can someone please tell me which ratings will have Agbonlahor' date=' Phil Neville, Reo Coker and Noble? thx in advance.[/quote']

i think agbonlahor and noble will increase by 1 specially noble watever west ham do which is very little iss thorugh him