EPL Rating Changes Thread

TomOwen

Guest lola-1988

Re: EPL Rating Changes Thread

you ban me and il never come back but im not taking S___ from that little runt sorry but im not

il rise above it and ignore him

end of arguement i apologize to everyone

not jinky tho.

end of arguement i apologize to everyone

not jinky tho.

I believe Jinky has apologised to you for his inappropriate outburst and comments, perhaps you too could extent the olive branch and call it a truse? :rolleyes:

Let's keep this thread on track and move on shall we??

BTW - a darkhorse for me could well be Mathieu FLAMINI. He has been a great support act to Fabregas in the Gunner's midfield and is currently keeping Gilberto (92) out of the team. At 23 and rated 88, plenty of good years ahead of him. I think he deserves to go to 89 or even 90 next time the English ratings are done. :eek::)

Herby

there we go, i missed all the fun yesterday with Ross and Plank, and now i find i missed this, but at least the thread is not closed so i can reply.

EDIT Bleh,nothing here anymore, must have been Herbs whom deleted all the good stuff

To be honest i would like to see the guy whom posted that last EPL rating changes post, no offence Tom, but i he did a great job and i am just curious to see what he thinks this time around as i followed his last threads, just can't recall if it was Leigh or not

there we go' date=' i missed all the fun yesterday with Ross and Plank, and now i find i missed this, but at least the thread is not closed so i can reply.

EDIT Bleh,nothing here anymore, must have been Herbs whom deleted all the good stuff

To be honest i would like to see the guy whom posted that last EPL rating changes post, no offence Tom, but i he did a great job and i am just curious to see what he thinks this time around as i followed his last threads, just can't recall if it was Leigh or not[/quote']

nope i deleted my own post :P

I believe Jinky has apologised to you for his inappropriate outburst and comments' date=' perhaps you too could extent the olive branch and call it a truse? :rolleyes:

Let's keep this thread on track and move on shall we??

BTW - a darkhorse for me could well be Mathieu FLAMINI. He has been a great support act to Fabregas in the Gunner's midfield and is currently keeping Gilberto (92) out of the team. At 23 and rated 88, plenty of good years ahead of him. I think he deserves to go to 89 or even 90 next time the English ratings are done. :eek::)

Herby[/quote']

I agree with you there Herby, Flamini has been doing wonders for Arsenal and is definitly in for an increase. If you were refering to the Gilberto I'm thinking of he's rated 93 though. Either way I agree with you on this one.

I agree with you there Herby' date=' Flamini has been doing wonders for Arsenal and is definitly in for an increase. If you were refering to the Gilberto I'm thinking of he's rated 93 though. Either way I agree with you on this one.[/quote']

I stand corrected, I didn't check Gilberto's rating. :o

Must've gone up last season ... lol

Anyway, that further illustrates the point I was trying to make. :P

Birmingham City

Maik Taylor 85-->87

I feel that this goalkeeper needs an increase after so many seasons playing very well for Birmingham City in both the Premiership and the Championship. He is in good form and has not lost his abilities. I think up to 87 would be fair.

Rafael Schmitz 88-->86/87

Has only got five appearences, four of which as a sub, cannot have a rating higher than the rest of the team's defense, so he has to get a decrease to 86 or 87.

Sebastian Larsson 84-->85/86

I think that the Swedish player who was bought from Arsenal in January 2007 has been playing very well at Birmingham. I feel that a starter for a Premiership team can't be rated lower than a 85 so thats why he should get an increase.

Borja Oubina 90-->88/89

Has only made one appearance this season for Birmingham since joining them on loan from Celta Vigo. He should have a rating decrease because his form should not be rated as international class. I think that around 88 would be perfectly fine for the Spanish.

Willian Palacios 83-->84

The Honduran has played about five games this season, and I think that that deserves an increase at least by one point. He has just got good news as his brother has just gotten released but he is still putting in good efforts.

Olivier Kapo 88-->89

Excellent form up until now. Has already scored five in thirteen games, not bad for an attacking midfielder. Has had a few great matches and should have an increase to 89 from 88.

Mikael Forsell 84-->85

I think he should be rated higher than a mere 84 because of his form in the past few seasons. He's scored quite a few goals and they have helped Birmingham in promotion and also to avoid relegation. Increase to 85.

Next is Blackburn Rovers

Birmingham City

Maik Taylor 85-->87

I feel that this goalkeeper needs an increase after so many seasons playing very well for Birmingham City in both the Premiership and the Championship. He is in good form and has not lost his abilities. I think up to 87 would be fair.

Has only got five appearences' date=' four of which as a sub, cannot have a rating higher than the rest of the team's defense, so he has to get a decrease to 86 or 87.

I think that the Swedish player who was bought from Arsenal in January 2007 has been playing very well at Birmingham. I feel that a starter for a Premiership team can't be rated lower than a 85 so thats why he should get an increase.

Borja Oubina 90-->88/89

Has only made one appearance this season for Birmingham since joining them on loan from Celta Vigo. He should have a rating decrease because his form should not be rated as international class. I think that around 88 would be perfectly fine for the Spanish.

Willian Palacios 83-->84

The Honduran has played about five games this season, and I think that that deserves an increase at least by one point. He has just got good news as his brother has just gotten released but he is still putting in good efforts.

Olivier Kapo 88-->89

Excellent form up until now. Has already scored five in thirteen games, not bad for an attacking midfielder. Has had a few great matches and should have an increase to 89 from 88.

Mikael Forsell 84-->85

I think he should be rated higher than a mere 84 because of his form in the past few seasons. He's scored quite a few goals and they have helped Birmingham in promotion and also to avoid relegation. Increase to 85.

Next is Blackburn Rovers[/quote']

Maik Taylor 85-->87

I agree 86 or 87 for him

Don't know much about him

agree increase needed maybe 87

Borja Oubina 90-->88/89

Don't know much about him

Willian Palacios 83-->84

Agree at least one point increase 2 at the most

Olivier Kapo 88-->89

increase to 89 not any more than 89.

Mikael Forsell 84-->85

Done very well though the past seasons maybe increase to 86.

Blackburn Rovers

Brad Friedel 89-->91

Number 1 keeper at Blackburn and also top 5 goalkeepers in the Premier League. I can say that he has not lost his touch and is still very solid like he was ten years ago. Needs an increase to 91. Played 19 times this season already.

Christopher Samba 87-->88/89

He should get an increase to 88/89 because of his great form. Already played 17 games this season, impressive for someone just 23 years of age to be honest. Is a bit too tough as a player, already received 5 yellow cards, but a defender needs to be tough. Increase to 88/89.

Stephen Warnock 87-->88

This ex-Liverpool player needs an increase since he's a first team regular at Ewood Park. Already played 17 games (Actually 18) in all competitions so I guess an increase to 88 would be justified.

Brett Emerton 88-->89

I would give him an increase, same reason as Samba and Warnock, because the amount of performances he has had so far this season.

David Dunn 86-->87

He is a regular at Blackburn now, plays more than Tugay, so thats why he should get an increase to 87. Also scored once against Arsenal in Lehmann's horror.

David Bentley 89-->90

I don't think I need to explain to anyone about Blackburn's best player.

Blackburn Rovers

Brad Friedel 89-->91

Number 1 keeper at Blackburn and also top 5 goalkeepers in the Premier League. I can say that he has not lost his touch and is still very solid like he was ten years ago. Needs an increase to 91. Played 19 times this season already.

He should get an increase to 88/89 because of his great form. Already played 17 games this season' date=' impressive for someone just 23 years of age to be honest. Is a bit too tough as a player, already received 5 yellow cards, but a defender needs to be tough. Increase to 88/89.

Stephen Warnock 87-->88

This ex-Liverpool player needs an increase since he's a first team regular at Ewood Park. Already played 17 games (Actually 18) in all competitions so I guess an increase to 88 would be justified.

Brett Emerton 88-->89

I would give him an increase, same reason as Samba and Warnock, because the amount of performances he has had so far this season.

David Dunn 86-->87

He is a regular at Blackburn now, plays more than Tugay, so thats why he should get an increase to 87. Also scored once against Arsenal in Lehmann's horror.

David Bentley 89-->90

I don't think I need to explain to anyone about Blackburn's best player.[/quote']

I actually think Dunn should be up to an 88, and also definitely an increase for Santa Cruz to 89 or possibly a 90 (although it is highly unlikely)

I actually think Dunn should be up to an 88' date=' and also definitely an increase for Santa Cruz to 89 or possibly a 90 (although it is highly unlikely)[/quote']

Darsh, I am 99.9% sure that Santa Cruz is already a 89.

Maybe I would say 88 for Dunn but he has only made like 12 appearances out of a possible 19.

Blackburn RoversDavid Bentley 89-->90

I don't think I need to explain to anyone about Blackburn's best player.

I wouldn't say that David Bentley is Blackburn's best player what about Benni McCarthy i would say that he is there star player. Although i do agree that a 90 rating is acceptable for him.

Blackburn Rovers

Brad Friedel 89-->91

He should get an increase to 88/89 because of his great form. Already played 17 games this season' date=' impressive for someone just 23 years of age to be honest. Is a bit too tough as a player, already received 5 yellow cards, but a defender needs to be tough. Increase to 88/89.

Stephen Warnock 87-->88

Brett Emerton 88-->89

David Dunn 86-->87

David Bentley 89-->90

I don't think I need to explain to anyone about Blackburn's best player.[/quote']

Brad Friedel 89-->91

Really needs a increase he is a great GK.

Stephen Warnock 87-->88

88 seems about right

Brett Emerton 88-->89

Played well agree with increase.

David Dunn 86-->87

Yeah increase to 87 as like you said he is a first team regular.

David Bentley 89-->90

Agree needs to go up

Brad Friedel 89-->91

Really needs a increase he is a great GK.

Stephen Warnock 87-->88

88 seems about right

Brett Emerton 88-->89

Played well agree with increase.

David Dunn 86-->87

Yeah increase to 87 as like you said he is a first team regular.

David Bentley 89-->90

Agree needs to go up

Is it just me or didn't you just copy every player increase from Tomowen?

Bolton Wanderers

They are performing poorly up until now, so I think there will be more decreases than increases.

Ian Walker 83-->80

He has only played eight times in two seasons, getting old and sloppy, and should get a decrease to 80.

Ali Al Habsi 80-->75

Has only played twice since joining Bolton. I don't know why he and Walker are still at the club, he is not needed.

Jlloyd Samuel 85-->86

He's been playing about ten games this season already, a similar amount to 87 rated Ricardo Gardner, so I think an increase to 86 would be very fair.

Gerald Cid 86-->87

Regular at Bolton, so I think he should be on par with the other regulars who are rated 87 and 88 and 87.

Lubomir Michalik 83-->81

Same as Walker and Al Habsi, Michalik is not playing the required amount of games to be rated 83, espescially if he plays in the top flight. Down to 81 would seem fair to me.

Stelios Giannakopoulos 87-->85

He's lost his place in the Bolton first team. This great Greek player has sadly lost his place since last season, so a decrease is deserved for the right midfielder.

Christian Wilhelmisson 90-->88

Not just a bad signing, but a terrible flop. He hasn't played well since joining Roma and his performances are countable, easily. Down to 88.

Danny Guthrie 81-->84

This youngster on loan from Liverpool is getting the games. Unlike the other youngsters, Danny has played many times in the Bolton midfield this season, deserves an increase to 84.

Heidar Helguson 86-->84

He's played less than Guthried and even Wilhelmisson, so a decrease by two points is definite, maybe a bit too generous.

El-Hadji Diouf 90-->89

Getting the games but not getting the goals. Not good enough for a striker. He's collecting more yellow cards than shots he has gotten so far. Now, Diouf has one goal and six yellow cards in a total of 15 games. :eek:

AND

Quinton Fortune is not a Bolton player anymore.

Chelsea

Petr Cech-96->96

Very good goalie but I think the defense in front of him is very good already and prevents many chances. Should still be on par with Buffon and Casillas

Carlo Cudicini-87-?85

Not playing much, but I think 85 would do since he's in the same situation as Dudek. So decrease would seem right

Henrique Hilario-82->80

Why is he still in the Chelsea squad. Doesn't ever play unless there were two injuries. Down to 80 since he doesn't get to play even in cup games.

Ashley Cole-93->92

Injured too much. Has a very high injury prone and performances aren't very consistent. Down to 92 would seem fine since Abidal plays way better than Cole IMO.

Wayne Bridge-89->89

Stay the same, hasn't done much this year at Chelsea, only plays when Cole is injured, performances aren't the best but if he performs better than maybe a 90.

Juliano Belleti-89->90

Big mistake from Barcelona when they sold him, but I guess they needed to. Performed very well and deserves an increase to be on par with Eboue.

Paulo Ferreira-88->89

Same as Belleti. Both of them rotating so I don't see a two point increase, yet, espescially when he has just got a two point decrease. 89 would be fine for me since he plays better than Eboue now(Who deserves a 89)

Sam Hutchinson-No idea about this guy, so not going to talk about him.

John Terry-97->96

Hasn't been himself since getting a kick in his face by Diaby last year. Performances are very inconsistent and not playing like how he used to. Still steel but not as strong as it used to be. Down to 96, equal to Puyol, if not Puyol goes back up to 97.

Ricardo Carvalho-94->95

Playing better than Terry last season, so I think 95 is deserved for him. Although I hate Chelsea, must admit that Carvalho played better than Marquez, Carra, and Ferdi last year.

Alex Rodrigo-92->92

I guess 92 is fine for him now, because he just got an increase, and doesn't deserve a 93 like Sergio Ramos. He deserves to be on par with Thuram and Milito.

Tal Ben Haim-89->89/90

Played a few good games but not the best of performances I must say, so I think he should stay or maximum, go up to 90.

Florent Malouda 92->93

This guy is sheer class. The best left midfield in the French League last season and still running very well at Chelsea. Amazing performances last year should have brought him up to 93, but late is better than never.

Shaun Wright-Phillips 89->91

Can't believe that he is 89, should definitely be a 91. Great player, excellent performances for the national team as well as Chelsea. I think that 91 is realistic enough with his performances.

Frank Lampard 96->95/96

Don't know whether Lampard should go down to 95 or stay at 96. Has been playing well in the past three matches but for overall this season, I would give him a 6 out of 10 for performances. So maybe down to 95 would be fine.

Michael Essien 95->96

Again, I think this guy should definitely get an increase, making him the best African player along with Eto'o and he clearly deserves it.

Michael Ballack 93->91

Injured too often. Don't need to say anymore. Bad performances.

John Obi Mikel 89->89

Haven't really watch him play this season. You guys decide.

Steve Sidwell ???

Same as Mikel, but maybe a 89 would be fair.

Claude Makelele 93->90

This guy is losing everything from his wife to his place. Makelele is a great player, but he's not getting to play a lot. 90 would be fine.

Anthony Grant-74

Same as Hutchinson.

Joe Cole 92->93

A move to 93 is deserved for Cole. He is playing very well at both his club and the National Team. Deserves a 93

Michael Woods 77

Same as the other youngsters

Shevchencko 93->91

Down again, not performing well enough. Not getting the goals needed for this rating.

Kalou 91->92

Has grown very mature and clearly needs a rise. Playing a lot as well as scoring an abundant amount of goals.

Drogba-96->96

Stay the same. Still pure class

Pizarro 90->90

Stay the same. Third choice striker but not scoring a lot like Sheva.

Scott Sinclair 82->86

Saw him play a few times. Very impressed. Up to 86, if not around 85.

tom owen, you are doing a good job of predicting ratings :) .

El-Hadji Diouf 90-->89

Getting the games but not getting the goals. Not good enough for a striker. He's collecting more yellow cards than shots he has gotten so far. Now, Diouf has one goal and six yellow cards in a total of 15 games.

diouf will keep his 90 rating im sure of that. whenever he plays, bolton play better, and his dribbling and pace make him worthy of a 90 rating. although he has not been at his best so far this year, i reckon its just a blip and he will be back to his usual best soon enough ;) . although, i think in the long term he will probably perform slightly worse than he did under allardyce, and i wouldn't be surprised at all if he jumped ship and moved to a bigger club in january.

correct me if im wrong, but i dont think you included kevin nolan in your ratings list. i think he will lose his 90 rating next time, to 89 which would be putting him on a par with other english players like jenas for example. he simply isnt putting the performances in for bolton, and he hasnt really been doing so for a while now, so i think it would be justified.

tom owen' date=' you are doing a good job of predicting ratings :) .

diouf will keep his 90 rating im sure of that. whenever he plays, bolton play better, and his dribbling and pace make him worthy of a 90 rating. although he has not been at his best so far this year, i reckon its just a blip and he will be back to his usual best soon enough ;) . although, i think in the long term he will probably perform slightly worse than he did under allardyce, and i wouldn't be surprised at all if he jumped ship and moved to a bigger club in january.

correct me if im wrong, but i dont think you included kevin nolan in your ratings list. i think he will lose his 90 rating next time, to 89 which would be putting him on a par with other english players like jenas for example. he simply isnt putting the performances in for bolton, and he hasnt really been doing so for a while now, so i think it would be justified.[/quote']

Tim, I didn't put Kevin Nolan in the list, why?

Because he is already rated 89, so I am sure that he can't decrease by more, because 88 would be way too unfair for him, he's a great player.

Tim' date=' I didn't put Kevin Nolan in the list, why?

Because he is already rated 89, so I am sure that he can't decrease by more, because 88 would be way too unfair for him, he's a great player.[/quote']

many apologies tom, i wasnt aware he had decreased :o .

i agree, he is better than an 88 and his rating will reflect that

Derby County

Stephen Bywater 85-->86/87

He is Derby's shotstopper and is number one choice at the club. He should get an increase to 86/87 because a first team regular in the EPL should be a bit higher than 85.

Lewis Price 82-->80

Hasn't started a single game for Derby this season since joining Pride Park from Ipswich Town. No minutes, no high ratings. He is a good prospect but he doesn't have a place in the first team. Down to 80.

Marc Edworthy 83-->81

He is also not playing the required matches like Price. He is very old and is already 34 so I see no future with this guy. Sell him if you have him because he is facing the drop.

Tyrone Mears 84-->85

The 24 year old has played almost all the games for Derby this season, being very consistent and playing not bad at all at Derby. Up to 85 seems ok for him.

Andy Todd 86-->85

Has only played five games this season, all not so very good games. He is sidelined by injuries and at his age right now, 33, it is time to think about retirement. Down to 85.

David Jones 85-->84

Played only a few games this season which doesn't warrant a rating of 85. He should go down by 1, if not 2.

Rob Earnshaw 85-->84

The most expensive signing in Derby history, costed 3.5M, should go down simply because he is not playing a lot. Has only started two in the league this season.

Tom' date=' Carvalho deserves an increase?

Isn't he injured or something? If not then my aplogozies:)[/quote']

Sorry, I didn't realize that. Carvalho has been playing really well last season, that's why I placed him as an increase.

My bad, but maybe he does deserve a 95.