EPL Rating Changes Thread

TomOwen

Re: EPL Rating Changes Thread

he's only out for a month thats not enough to warrant a decrease mate Ricky C still to go up for me if his rating goes up he may even play better :D

Lets see how he performs when he's back :)

The only Chelsea players IMO in for an increase are SWP, JC and S. Kalou :)

Scott Sinclair has done well this season when called upon and I have been impressed with Tal ben Haim, we haven't seen enough of Sidwell, at Chelsea he is a small fish in a big pond but at Reading he was a big fish in a little pond. So I'm not sure if Sidwell will increase or decrease, but Chelsea's star players this year have been SWP and Joe Cole and they've both performed well for England, also Kalou has shown form and improvement since last year. Finally, Essien has been as strong as ever but probably no change there and Lampard has been outstanding, he has proved his critics wrong, he bounced back strongly, he's scored goals and had the performance of a lifetime against Manchester City.

Tals crap. simple as. :D

Sidwell? whos that? oh that ginger (No Offence Tom) bench warmer who we dont have a shirt for. whens he leaving? SWP JC and Kalou for me too and maybe bridge

Oh yeah.... also Scott Sinclair? as mentioned..... Has been great :)

Lol... Tom=Ginger? I never knew about that :(:o

Sidwell is a mistake (Football wise):P

Tal is just hench (Muscled or Musclified) :D Can't see him taking JT's or Ricky's place

Bridge???? No way:p

agreed when bridgy played last night he sucked but Gerrard was worse and he's 97. so why is Bridge still 89? bit harsh. Played well when played for club. 90+ for me

Think he's just had a bit of bad luck with the injuries etc, hasn't had a good long run in the Chelsea side. Given time, he should be 90+ but you can't get that if you spend more time on the treatment table than the pitch. Hope he does get there because I like him. Think he's a bit of a waste and another example of a player making a bad career choice by joining Chelski. WHY? :confused:

Everton

Stefan Wessels 84-->85

Played five times this season in goal for Everton already. He is only second choice so I see that it is fair to boost his rating to 85, which is lower than Foster and Kusczak who barely play.

Alessandro Pistone 84-->82

Has not played for Everton even once this season and his appearances are always limited. He should simply go down because he is not playing any games at all! Down to 82 might still be generous.

Joleon Lescott 89-->90

He should go up because of his excellent performances recently although his two appearances for England were one of his worst ever games in his life. Is probably Everton's best player this season. He has scored five times this season, only Tim Cahill and Yakubu to have more.

Thomas Gravesen 88-->86

He has only gotten five substitute appearances for Everton up until this moment, and already collected two yellow cards. I see that he should go down by two points to 86, if not 85.

Lee Carsley 88-->89

Has played almost the most games for Everton this season, just less than Lescott, Yobo, Leon Osman, and Phil Neville. Warrants an increase for that amount of appearances IMO. Also scored once

Tim Cahill 91-->90

Although he has had very impressive performances with six goals in six games, he has just played six games this season for Everton, and with that amount of games, he doesn't warrant a 91, only a 90 for me.

Andy Van Der Meyde 85-->82

Same problem as Alessandro Pistone. He should go down to 80, but gave pity on him so he should be an 82. This is up to Iain.

James McFadden 87-->88/89

We all agree on McFadden on going up after wonderfully and magical games for Scotland and Everton.

Victor Anichebe 85-->87

Started 7, subbed in 12 times, not bad for someone who is just 19 years of age. Also scored 4 times already for the Toffees. He should get an increase similar to the one of Denlinson and Theo Walcott, both of Arsenal.

Fulham

Moritz Volz 87-->85

Has only played 22 minutes this season. He is now a bench warmer after Lawrie Sanchez's arrival at Craven Cottage. He is a waste at Fulham. Hope he changes clubs in January.

Chris Baird 85-->86

Has replaced Volz in Fulham's defense. The Northern Irish international has been playing very well and should be rated higher that Volz, up one to 86.

Elliot Omozusi 71-->80

Another big increase like Xavier Vilson or Martins Marcelo Moreno. I would like to see him at 80, maybe even higher after a few starts at Craven Cottage, although in two starts, he got two warnings and a dismissal. Up to 80.

Dejan Stefanovic 87-->86

Like Volz, not starting enough to warrant a 87 rating. He should be rated lower than Carlos Bocanegra, who should be a 97, so Stefanovic should be rated 86.

Ian Pearce 86-->84

In the exact situation as Volz, except he has actually played a little more, has played 35 minutes this season, unacceptable for a 86 rated player.

Carlos Bocanegra 86-->87

The captain of Fulham should get an increase simply because he plays almost every match. He is a bit of a nightmare to strikers though when already received four yellow cards. Up to 87.

Philippe Christanval 85-->80

Hasn't played a single minute this season, and should be dropping like the players who don't play, but he should go down by about 5 to 80.

Alain Goma 81-->60

Has been released by Fulham in May, and is currently unemployed so I see that there is no way he will survive the drop, and his drop will be a huge one, maybe a record one. I would say no more than 65 for him.

Lee Cook 84-->82

Same as Christanval, no minutes played this season.

Simon Davies 87-->88

Started thirteen games this season for Fulham and has scored three goals already. With that amount of starts and a good display, I would see that 88 is nowhere far away.

Jimmy Bullard 86-->83

Another player who hasn't played a single minute. Very injury prone since joining Fulham.

Michael Timlin 74-->70

Another player exactly like Bullard. He was born in 1985, this is from Fulham's official website. So he's only 22 years of age.

Simon Elliot Retired

Should be out of the game by now. Has retired, and he is already 33, born in 1974, not 1976.

Seol Ki Hyeon 87-->86

The Korean International has only played six games this season, four from the bench, clocking up just 188 minutes. Not good enough for someone rated 87, should go down by one.

Clint Dempsey 86-->87

There is already a whole thread on him, so don't need to say much. Played 1000 minutes, scored 4, 10 starts, 3 sub appearences. Definite 87.

David Healy 86-->87

Has scored three this season in nine starts, getting Fulham the points. Should get an 87, if Iain is generous, if not, he can stay at 86.

Brain McBride 88-->86

He should go down since he has only played just over 200 minutes this season in three games. Injured for the rest of the time. Down to 86.

Fulham

Moritz Volz 87-->85

Has only played 22 minutes this season. He is now a bench warmer after Lawrie Sanchez's arrival at Craven Cottage. He is a waste at Fulham. Hope he changes clubs in January.

Chris Baird 85-->86

Has replaced Volz in Fulham's defense. The Northern Irish international has been playing very well and should be rated higher that Volz' date=' up one to 86.

Elliot Omozusi 71-->80

Another big increase like Xavier Vilson or Martins Marcelo Moreno. I would like to see him at 80, maybe even higher after a few starts at Craven Cottage, although in two starts, he got two warnings and a dismissal. Up to 80.

Dejan Stefanovic 87-->86

Like Volz, not starting enough to warrant a 87 rating. He should be rated lower than Carlos Bocanegra, who should be a 97, so Stefanovic should be rated 86.

Ian Pearce 86-->84

In the exact situation as Volz, except he has actually played a little more, has played 35 minutes this season, unacceptable for a 86 rated player.

Carlos Bocanegra 86-->87

The captain of Fulham should get an increase simply because he plays almost every match. He is a bit of a nightmare to strikers though when already received four yellow cards. Up to 87.

Philippe Christanval 85-->80

Hasn't played a single minute this season, and should be dropping like the players who don't play, but he should go down by about 5 to 80.

Alain Goma 81-->60

Has been released by Fulham in May, and is currently unemployed so I see that there is no way he will survive the drop, and his drop will be a huge one, maybe a record one. I would say no more than 65 for him.

Lee Cook 84-->82

Same as Christanval, no minutes played this season.

Simon Davies 87-->88

Started thirteen games this season for Fulham and has scored three goals already. With that amount of starts and a good display, I would see that 88 is nowhere far away.

Jimmy Bullard 86-->83

Another player who hasn't played a single minute. Very injury prone since joining Fulham.

Michael Timlin 74-->70

Another player exactly like Bullard. He was born in 1985, this is from Fulham's official website. So he's only 22 years of age.

Simon Elliot Retired

Should be out of the game by now. Has retired, and he is already 33, born in 1974, not 1976.

Seol Ki Hyeon 87-->86

The Korean International has only played six games this season, four from the bench, clocking up just 188 minutes. Not good enough for someone rated 87, should go down by one.

Clint Dempsey 86-->87

There is already a whole thread on him, so don't need to say much. Played 1000 minutes, scored 4, 10 starts, 3 sub appearences. Definite 87.

David Healy 86-->87

Has scored three this season in nine starts, getting Fulham the points. Should get an 87, if Iain is generous, if not, he can stay at 86.

Brain McBride 88-->86

He should go down since he has only played just over 200 minutes this season in three games. Injured for the rest of the time. Down to 86.[/quote']

Here are my thoughts:

Volz - Has been out with injuries most of the season. No reason to believe he'll be any less effective once he's fully fit, since he really hasn't had any prior injury history. Also should have his position changed to RB/CM.

Baird - Has played well recently, but also played very poorly earlier in the season. 86 or 87 based on current form, but 85 is fair over the entire season.

Omozusi - 80 is fair. Could go higher if he plays more, but he's behind Baird and Volz on the depth chart.

Stefanovic - Has played his way into the starting lineup and has done very well. Should stay at 87.

Pearce - Also injured all year. Good player when he's healthy, but that is increasingly rare. 84 is fair.

Bocanegra - Lost his spot to Stefanovic recently, but I consider both to be fairly equal.

Christanval - Another player injured all season. Same story as Pearce. He's too good (when fit) to be an 80, but definitely fragile so he should drop a bit.

Goma - Retired years ago, not sure why he's still in the game.

Cook - Hasn't played due to injury. Was expected to be a starter when he was signed though, and should be back soon. I'd keep him at 84 for now.

Davies - I don't rate him, but great form all season. Deserves a raise to 88, but no higher.

Bullard - Has had only one injury, so calling him injury-prone is a bit unfair. Could be a 90 when fully fit, and already had one rating drop due to this injury. Expected to return in 3 weeks, but keep him at 86 for now.

Timlin - Not good enough for Fulham, has dropped considerably in the depth chart over the past year. I doubt he'll ever make 1st team again, so 70 seems fair.

Elliot - Not retired, but has been injured for almost 2 years now. Wasn't even that good to begin with IMO. 80 at most.

Ki-Hyeon - Had one decent appearance, and has been bad ever since. Not good enough for an 87, I might drop him to 85.

Dempsey - Great job so far, plays everywhere and scores goals. Deserves an 87, 88 if he keeps it up.

Healy - Could increase to 87 on international form alone. Has been solid for Fulham too, with 4 goals in limited playing time.

McBride - Great form before injury. I could see dropping to 87, as age may be catching up with him. Should be back in the lineup in a few weeks.

Some others:

Hameur Bouazza 86 --> 87

Injured a couple times, but hasn't missed much time. Has been one of Fulham's best and most consistent players for most of the season.

Claus Jensen - Retired

Steven Davis - 88 --> 87

Looked great at times, very average others. He's young, but not good enough for a 88 yet.

Tony Warner 85 --> 83

Championship at best.

Shefki Kuqi 83 --> 85/86

Came on as a sub a month ago, and has played every game since. Solid target man in McBride's absence.

I know it's only 1 game but Cahill was magical for Everton over the weekend i think he might jus keep his rating 91 ;).Most of ur rating changes i agree with so good work :).

Lookin forward seeing McFadden,Omozusi and Anichebe going up in rating as i signed them. Other players u mentioned Simon Davies,Healy,Dempsey and Lescott for me are certain risers and have been playing well club+country.

Everton

Stefan Wessels 84-->85

Played five times this season in goal for Everton already. He is only second choice so I see that it is fair to boost his rating to 85' date=' which is lower than Foster and Kusczak who barely play.

Alessandro Pistone 84-->82

Has not played for Everton even once this season and his appearances are always limited. He should simply go down because he is not playing any games at all! Down to 82 might still be generous.

Joleon Lescott 89-->90

He should go up because of his excellent performances recently although his two appearances for England were one of his worst ever games in his life. Is probably Everton's best player this season. He has scored five times this season, only Tim Cahill and Yakubu to have more.

Thomas Gravesen 88-->86

He has only gotten five substitute appearances for Everton up until this moment, and already collected two yellow cards. I see that he should go down by two points to 86, if not 85.

Lee Carsley 88-->89

Has played almost the most games for Everton this season, just less than Lescott, Yobo, Leon Osman, and Phil Neville. Warrants an increase for that amount of appearances IMO. Also scored once

Tim Cahill 91-->90

Although he has had very impressive performances with six goals in six games, he has just played six games this season for Everton, and with that amount of games, he doesn't warrant a 91, only a 90 for me.

Andy Van Der Meyde 85-->82

Same problem as Alessandro Pistone. He should go down to 80, but gave pity on him so he should be an 82. This is up to Iain.

James McFadden 87-->88/89

We all agree on McFadden on going up after wonderfully and magical games for Scotland and Everton.

Victor Anichebe 85-->87

Started 7, subbed in 12 times, not bad for someone who is just 19 years of age. Also scored 4 times already for the Toffees. He should get an increase similar to the one of Denlinson and Theo Walcott, both of Arsenal.[/quote']

arteta is top class this season 93 for me...

id just like to say that watching the man u game tonight luis anderson realy does deserve a BIG increase he was fantastic didnt do a thing wrong and was . i know he has been talked about alot but just updating people for if they didnt see it.

yes he will rise , but i do not think he did fantastically well tonight . At the beginning he plaid a couple of bad passes , and wasn't all that established in the game . i would give him 7/10 in that game

yes he will rise ' date=' but i do not think he did fantastically well tonight . At the beginning he plaid a couple of bad passes , and wasn't all that established in the game . i would give him 7/10 in that game[/quote']

were we watching the same game mate but ronaldo was the best then tevez then anderson in my opinion. i realy like how he plays.B)

arteta is top class this season 93 for me...

I wanted him to rise too, he has been playing very well.

In fact, Arteta is one of the best players in the EPL since joining.

One problem why he can't go up is that he has never been capped by Spain! Stegore said that so we ain't need to argue.

I wanted him to rise too' date=' he has been playing very well.

In fact, Arteta is one of the best players in the EPL since joining.

One problem why he can't go up is that he has never been capped by Spain! Stegore said that so we ain't need to argue.[/quote']

ooo, spain need to look into that then lol put arteta in the team hes definatly top class

Kranjcar to 90?? I'm reading that he is the best player in Portsmouth and they are 6th in the lerague

Yes Portsmouth doin well again this season & i can see them doin well in future if harry stays,

Kjrankier* been playng well for them long time now.

Think pompey only have 1 outfielder player on 90+ at the moment so i can see 1 or 2 others reacing 90.

& With croatia in euro 2008 , & i think they will do well he might even make 91

Liverpool

Another big name comes by, more debates.

Jose Reina 93-->94

One of the best four goalkeepers in Spain, behind just Iker Casillas, Gianluigi Buffon, and Petr Cech. He deserves to be higher than Shay Given and Edwin Van Der Sar so up to 94 is perfect for Reina.

Charles Itandje 89-->88

He has barely played for Liverpool this season. Simply doesn't warrant an 89, wonder why Itandje moved???

Emilliano Insua 76-->80

He should get an increase, helped Argentina win the U-20 World Cup in Canada this year, and has featured twice in Liverpool's squad. Insua has been given the number 48 and will return to Boca on July 2008.

Jack Hobbs 68-->76

He should get an increase simply because he's played twice in the Carling Cup as well as being Liverpool's reserve captain. The number 46 had his debut against Reading and started his first game against Cardiff marking Robbie Fowler and played well. Up to about 76.

Alvaro Arbeloa 88-->90

I guess everybody knows why I am suggesting this. The 24-year old versatile defender has played eighteen games this season, just behind Reina, Gerrard, and Carragher. He should reach 90, maybe 91.

Harry Kewell 88-->87

Kewell plays football in the hospital more than on the pitch. Enough said?

Yossi Benayoun 88-->89/90

He has been playing very well since joining Liverpool from West Ham and was the Hammers best player last year. Benayoun always plays well when given the chance and he should increase to 89 or even 90.

Mohammed Sissoko 90-->89

The headless chicken runs around and does nothing, he is just a complete failure. His shots are like 20m of target to the side of 5m upwards. What do you expect from him???

Lucas Leiva 88-->89

Already eight first team appearance up until now, all played very well and also got Phil Neville sent off in the Merseyside derby. Great prospect and I think he could make 89.

Andriy Voronin 90-->91

Rafa's best buy this summer, and also the biggest bargain. Played 16 and scored 4 although not a striker but is a supporting one. Up to 91.

To be added soon:

Stephen Darby-6/10/1988

Right-back Stephen Darby graduated to Melwood during the summer of 2006 after the best part of a decade at the Academy.

The Scouser has yet to earn his senior competitive debut, though did make the bench when Liverpool travelled to the Ataturk to take on Galatasaray in the Champions League group stages in December 2006.

Darby was a key part of the 2006 and 2007 FA Youth Cup victories, wearing the captain's armband in the first of those wins.

Manchester City

Andreas Isaksson 90-->89

He's only played three times this season, less than Schmeichel and Hart so he should simply go down. Down to 89 would be fine, maybe even 88 because he's in Itandje's situation.

Joe Hart 78-->85

He's playing very well in Manchester City's goal. Played eight times this season, and all played very well, except the Chelsea match (he conceded six, or was it Kasper?)

Javier Garrido 88-->89

Played 16 out of a possible 20, being City's first choice left back. He is playing well and is trusted by Eriksson. Up to 89.

Michael Ball 85-->83

Only started three games in the cup competitions, subbed in nine times, doesn't deserve an 85. I think Ball only deserves an 83 maximum.

Sun Jihai 86-->83

Same as Michael Ball, started four subbed in twice.

Verdan Corluka 89-->90

Played quite a few games, 17 out of 20, would like to see him hit the 90-mark soon. Corluka has been very impressive along side with Dunne.

Micah Richards 89-->90

England's biggest prospect, we all know why he should get an increase.

Hatem Trabelsi 86-->83

Does he even play for City anymore???

Stephen Ireland 87-->88

Played 16 times already, a great star but has a few mind problems (doesn't want to play for R.O.I, wants to stay with girlfriend) Up to 88.

Michael Johnson 85-->87

Also played quite a few games, actually 14 games already this season. Manchester City are keeping a very young squad!

Valeri Bojinov 90-->89

He is injured long term and has only played three for City, two of them coming from the bench. Should be a 89.

Emile Mpenza 87-->88

Started the most out of all of City's starters so i would see him touch the 88 mark soon. Also scored three this season already just behind Elano and Petrov.

Darius Vassell 87-->86

Has only played five games this season, three of them coming from the bench so i would see a definite decrease for him.