EPL Rating Changes Thread

TomOwen

Re: EPL Rating Changes Thread

Manchester City

Andreas Isaksson 90-->89

He's only played three times this season' date=' less than Schmeichel and Hart so he should simply go down. Down to 89 would be fine, maybe even 88 because he's in Itandje's situation.

Joe Hart 78-->85

He's playing very well in Manchester City's goal. Played eight times this season, and all played very well, except the Chelsea match (he conceded six, or was it Kasper?)

Javier Garrido 88-->89

Played 16 out of a possible 20, being City's first choice left back. He is playing well and is trusted by Eriksson. Up to 89.

Michael Ball 85-->83

Only started three games in the cup competitions, subbed in nine times, doesn't deserve an 85. I think Ball only deserves an 83 maximum.

Sun Jihai 86-->83

Same as Michael Ball, started four subbed in twice.

Verdan Corluka 89-->90

Played quite a few games, 17 out of 20, would like to see him hit the 90-mark soon. Corluka has been very impressive along side with Dunne.

Micah Richards 89-->90

England's biggest prospect, we all know why he should get an increase.

Hatem Trabelsi 86-->83

Does he even play for City anymore???

Stephen Ireland 87-->88

Played 16 times already, a great star but has a few mind problems (doesn't want to play for R.O.I, wants to stay with girlfriend) Up to 88.

Michael Johnson 85-->87

Also played quite a few games, actually 14 games already this season. Manchester City are keeping a very young squad!

Valeri Bojinov 90-->89

He is injured long term and has only played three for City, two of them coming from the bench. Should be a 89.

Emile Mpenza 87-->88

Started the most out of all of City's starters so i would see him touch the 88 mark soon. Also scored three this season already just behind Elano and Petrov.

Darius Vassell 87-->86

Has only played five games this season, three of them coming from the bench so i would see a definite decrease for him.[/quote']

Agree with almost all but some not

Ireland must rise to 89 , he is a regular international and is doing very well

Michael Johnson must rise a point higher than Walcott . so if Walcott goes to 87 then Johnson must rise to 88.

Richard Dunne must rise to 91 , very impressive this season .

Liverpool

Another big name comes by' date=' more debates.

Jose Reina 93-->94

One of the best four goalkeepers in Spain, behind just Iker Casillas, Gianluigi Buffon, and Petr Cech. He deserves to be higher than Shay Given and Edwin Van Der Sar so up to 94 is perfect for Reina.

Charles Itandje 89-->88

He has barely played for Liverpool this season. Simply doesn't warrant an 89, wonder why Itandje moved???

Emilliano Insua 76-->80

He should get an increase, helped Argentina win the U-20 World Cup in Canada this year, and has featured twice in Liverpool's squad. Insua has been given the number 48 and will return to Boca on July 2008.

Jack Hobbs 68-->76

He should get an increase simply because he's played twice in the Carling Cup as well as being Liverpool's reserve captain. The number 46 had his debut against Reading and started his first game against Cardiff marking Robbie Fowler and played well. Up to about 76.

Alvaro Arbeloa 88-->90

I guess everybody knows why I am suggesting this. The 24-year old versatile defender has played eighteen games this season, just behind Reina, Gerrard, and Carragher. He should reach 90, maybe 91.

Harry Kewell 88-->87

Kewell plays football in the hospital more than on the pitch. Enough said?

Yossi Benayoun 88-->89/90

He has been playing very well since joining Liverpool from West Ham and was the Hammers best player last year. Benayoun always plays well when given the chance and he should increase to 89 or even 90.

Mohammed Sissoko 90-->89

The headless chicken runs around and does nothing, he is just a complete failure. His shots are like 20m of target to the side of 5m upwards. What do you expect from him???

Lucas Leiva 88-->89

Already eight first team appearance up until now, all played very well and also got Phil Neville sent off in the Merseyside derby. Great prospect and I think he could make 89.

Andriy Voronin 90-->91

Rafa's best buy this summer, and also the biggest bargain. Played 16 and scored 4 although not a striker but is a supporting one. Up to 91.

To be added soon:

Stephen Darby-6/10/1988

Right-back Stephen Darby graduated to Melwood during the summer of 2006 after the best part of a decade at the Academy.

[b']The Scouser has yet to earn his senior competitive debut, though did make the bench when Liverpool travelled to the Ataturk to take on Galatasaray in the Champions League group stages in December 2006.[/b]

Darby was a key part of the 2006 and 2007 FA Youth Cup victories, wearing the captain's armband in the first of those wins.

You live in vietnam..what you know about english football. all you probably watch is liverpoo.:mad: I disagreee that reina is better than shay given. I disagree than benayoun deserves a 90 as you said. i disagree lucas should be a 89...look at obi mikel of chelsea he is at 89 and he is a million times better than lucas. what has lucas done.

Manchester United Changes:

Patrice evra up from 92 - 93 been very impressive this season. Very strong and pacey and can get forward and cross very well.

Gary neville - maybe down to 92 but he is injured so cant blame him. when owen was injured he stayed 95 for more than one season.

Gerard PIQUE - up to 89. has proved he can defend as well as get forward by scoring for the red devils. I know he hasnt played for manutd that much but his past performances makes him deserve this rating.

Vidic - up to 94 . He is getting better and better every game. solid defender like terry.

tevez- up to 94. very strong striker. has played very well this season. deserves a 94. definately.

(note: you might think this post is a bit biased but then agfain all post on this thread is biased. the liverpoo supporter specially)

you know I disagree with all of that... Tom's a great guy. he was born in England ( i think) and it's a privelage to have a guy who not only has good football knowledge, but he's a mult-lingual, well respected forumer. think before you post!!

also the bit about the players is inaccurate. Riena has conceded less than Given. Benayoun has also been doing well for the Merseysiders, and Lucas ( in time) will be great for Benitez's sides.

you know I disagree with all of that... Tom's a great guy. he was born in England ( i think) and it's a privelage to have a guy who not only has good football knowledge' date=' but he's a mult-lingual, well respected forumer. think before you post!!

also the bit about the players is inaccurate. Riena has conceded less than Given. Benayoun has also been doing well for the Merseysiders, and Lucas ( in time) will be great for Benitez's sides.[/quote']

Thank you Jad, actually I'm 100% Vietnamese, born in Vietnam, grew up in Vietnam and live in Vietnam. And I am a multi-lingual (tri-lingual) as I can speak French, Vietnamese, and English.

He's just angry at me for saying that he spammed and neg repped him for that.

Manchester City

Andreas Isaksson 90-->89

He's only played three times this season' date=' less than Schmeichel and Hart so he should simply go down. Down to 89 would be fine, maybe even 88 because he's in Itandje's situation.

Joe Hart 78-->85

He's playing very well in Manchester City's goal. Played eight times this season, and all played very well, except the Chelsea match (he conceded six, or was it Kasper?)

[b']

Javier Garrido[/b] 88-->89

Played 16 out of a possible 20, being City's first choice left back. He is playing well and is trusted by Eriksson. Up to 89.

Michael Ball 85-->83

Only started three games in the cup competitions, subbed in nine times, doesn't deserve an 85. I think Ball only deserves an 83 maximum.

Sun Jihai 86-->83

Same as Michael Ball, started four subbed in twice.

Verdan Corluka 89-->90

Played quite a few games, 17 out of 20, would like to see him hit the 90-mark soon. Corluka has been very impressive along side with Dunne.

Micah Richards 89-->90

England's biggest prospect, we all know why he should get an increase.

Hatem Trabelsi 86-->83

Does he even play for City anymore???

Stephen Ireland 87-->88

Played 16 times already, a great star but has a few mind problems (doesn't want to play for R.O.I, wants to stay with girlfriend) Up to 88.

Michael Johnson 85-->87

Also played quite a few games, actually 14 games already this season. Manchester City are keeping a very young squad!

Valeri Bojinov 90-->89

He is injured long term and has only played three for City, two of them coming from the bench. Should be a 89.

Emile Mpenza 87-->88

Started the most out of all of City's starters so i would see him touch the 88 mark soon. Also scored three this season already just behind Elano and Petrov.

Darius Vassell 87-->86

Has only played five games this season, three of them coming from the bench so i would see a definite decrease for him.

I agree with all except for the ones in bold.

Garrido makes alot of costly mistakes most of them were in the Chelsea game so i cannot picture a rise there.

Isaksson is now back in goal and will stay put he pulled off some good saves against Wigan last game which showed me a 90 keeper so i don't think he should go down.

Random Changes

Nani 89-90 - In and out of the team but when he is in he is superb! 90 for now and if he carries on his form he could easily make 92!

SWP 89-91 This lad is one of the most underrated players in the EPL. He is in the first team usually and deserves an increase to 91 imo.

Ronaldo 96-97 What can is say, arguably the best player in the world, always performs.

Anderson 86-90 Doesnt always start but when he comes on he can change games. I rate this lad very highly and he is a future star!

Cech 96-97 Best goalkeeper in the world? imo yes, he should be one more than the likes of Casillas and Buffon.

Arteta 92-93 One of Evertons best players and he always performs, i guess the only reason he isn't a 93+ already is because he hasnt been capped for the Spain national team but i think 93 would be right for him.

Defoe 90 - 89 He doesn't always start for Tottenham and is a very inconsistent player. He isn't the player he once was.

Agbonlahor 88-90 He has blistering pace and has scored many goals! A future England star? I think so.

Benjani 88-90 The EPLs top scorer, if he keeps it up he can easily get a 90

Richards 89-91 THE number one England right back. He is one of Englands best defenders and can also get up and down the wing to help out!

Ashley Young 88-89 Has got a brilliant future ahead of him and always performs for Villa, another future England star!

anderson to 90

got to be worst post ever hahaha

no offense but jeeeez!

It was a good post, it had many players and many ratings (not to mention reasons explaining each rating change). Don't forget that everybody is entitled to their own opinion. If you don't agree, please say why and add an example or proof to back you up.

I agree with all of these except for Cristiano Ronaldo.

Question for you: Do you think Ronaldo deserves to be rated higher than Xavi' date=' Puyol, and equal to Henry or Gerrard. Based on performances, I don't think so. I can say that Iniesta and Fabregas are the best performers now and are better than Ronaldo.[/quote']

Ronaldo has just been voted the second best player in European Footballer of the Year awards, is in the top three for the World Footballer of the Year, won the two player of the year awards in England last season, has excelled with Portugal and Man Utd, and has scored a lot of goals in the process.

So yes, he should be higher than Gerrard, Xavi, Puyol and Henry.

According to some' date=' he must be knighted, break the land speed record and climb Everest.[/quote']

Lets not forget end third world hunger and poverty, establish world peace, setup a wildlife founadtion which ensures the well-being of every endangered species, resurrect the dodo and fix the hole in the ozone layer therefore stopping global warming.

Lets not forget end third world hunger and poverty' date=' establish world peace, setup a wildlife founadtion which ensures the well-being of every endangered species, resurrect the dodo and fix the hole in the ozone layer therefore stopping global warming.[/quote']

but seriosuly, if he cant bring back T-Rex, then i think our wishes of him getting 97 wont even be looked at ;)

Agbonhalor was been exceptional the past 2 seasons and deserves to be atleast 90 or 91 according to me

what do u think?

Couldn't agree more with you. When you look at these players in the Prem who are rated 91, Agbonlahor has been out-performing them all:

Martins

Saha

Bellamy

Craouch

Yakubu

Definitely deserves 91 imo.