EPL Rating Changes Thread

TomOwen

Re: EPL Rating Changes Thread

Terry is no way England's best player,you are kidding yourself, never mind us, when you say that. His positional play is absolutely terrible and he has to compensate by grabbing people.The best thing that ever happened to him is Cappelo getting the England job, as he should sort him out. Fair enough he wear's his heart on his sleeve but bravery alone is not enough, and he aint got much else,apart from a big head which he use's to clear corner's all the time, so people think he's a great defender because of that.lmao.As i said the other day,he would have been sent off if he did'nt get injured against Arsenal,and it's because his starting position is so bad.He's the most overrated player the world has ever seen.(if you forget about Taibi lol)

Terry is no way England's best player' date='you are kidding yourself, never mind us, when you say that. His positional play is absolutely terrible and he has to compensate by grabbing people.The best thing that ever happened to him is Cappelo getting the England job, as he should sort him out. Fair enough he wear's his heart on his sleeve but bravery alone is not enough, and he aint got much else,apart from a big head which he use's to clear corner's all the time, so people think he's a great defender because of that.lmao.As i said the other day,he would have been sent off if he did'nt get injured against Arsenal,and it's because his starting position is so bad.He's the most overrated player the world has ever seen.(if you forget about Taibi lol)[/quote']

Id like to welcome Alan Hansen to the forum :rolleyes:

what your saying is rubbish. John Terry is a top class defender. If you know something the vast majority of coaches worldwide dont then why are you wasting your time on here?

Now that's a real defender,one that JT could learn an awful lot from. The majority of manager's in the world don't think he's great or he would have been gone before Roman came with his billion's.The fact is, us english think all our player's are the best when it is proved time and time again they are not,Terry included.To say he's the best in the world is an absolute joke, and people who say he is are Chelsea supporter's usually,or people who don't like real player's,which he aint because he need's to use everything apart from defensive skill,mainly his hand's and arm's,which is illegal anywhere else in the world. John Terry should be A 94-95 at BEST,and all you who think he's the best are either deluded,too patriotic and don't like to admit we have a rubbish captain, or like i said, Chelsea fan's.

Now that's a real defender' date='one that JT could learn an awful lot from. The majority of manager's in the world don't think he's great or he would have been gone before Roman came with his billion's.The fact is, us english think all our player's are the best when it is proved time and time again they are not,Terry included.To say he's the best in the world is an absolute joke, and people who say he is are Chelsea supporter's usually,or people who don't like real player's,which he aint because he need's to use everything apart from defensive skill,mainly his hand's and arm's,which is illegal anywhere else in the world. John Terry should be A 94-95 at BEST,and all you who think he's the best are either deluded,too patriotic and don't like to admit we have a rubbish captain, or like i said, Chelsea fan's.[/quote']

again i disagree. and i cant see where you are coming from when you say he would have been gone before roman came in with his millions?? he was a young defender at an already decent club at the time. and no i am not a chelsea fan, im an avid sky blue, but i think terry is class. if his positioning is so bad why do u often find him doing last ditch tackles and goal line clearances? best example was his heroic clearance against trinidad & tobago in the world cup, with the score at 0-0 stern john (then with coventry :) ) nudged the ball goalwards and terry flew himself at the ball and cleared it at waist height. and that is typical of him. he is intelligent, and a leader. a more inspirational england captain than the likes of beckham for sure.

I agree that Terry isn't that an excellent defender , he might be very good but not all that influential . i personally see Carvalho doing all the work than him . What he does is usually covering for other defenders .

Maybe what made Terry so popular was his scoring from set pieces . But friends the last time Terry scored for Chelsea was 20th August , 2006 . almost 15 months and that is terrible . Maybe Duff has gone so no one can give him those crosses.

He can be brave and strong but not the best . i remember that goal where Ronaldinho scored against Chelsea in the Champions league . He charged on Terry and scored , Terry fell on the ground and i was shocked . Terry was very good by then but to be frank his performance has gone down .

Agreed he is a far better captain than Beckham as everyone know's he was never a captain to start with.You hit the nail on the head saying he was at a decent club as that's my point,decent. Chelsea were nothing before Roman came and if Terry was that good he would have been bought by someone,without a doubt.Don't let his alleged loyalty fool you,if they did'nt get money to buy who they wanted and he was really top class,one of the big boy's would have went in for him, and he would have wanted to go to.He is alway's making last ditch tackle's or clearing off the line because he has already messed up for them to be in that position.That's why it is so bad m8, he's only making up for his poor positioning.I admit he is a decent tackler and marker(mainly because of the grabbing) but his overall play is rubbish and without the protection of some of the player's they have bought in the last few year's he would be nothing.

I agree that Terry isn't that an excellent defender ' date=' he might be very good but not all that influential . i personally see Carvalho doing all the work than him . What he does is usually covering for other defenders .

Maybe what made Terry so popular was his scoring from set pieces . But friends the last time Terry scored for Chelsea was 20th August , 2006 . almost 15 months and that is terrible . Maybe Duff has gone so no one can give him those crosses.

He can be brave and strong but not the best . i remember that goal where Ronaldinho scored against Chelsea in the Champions league . He charged on Terry and scored , Terry fell on the ground and i was shocked . Terry was very good by then but to be frank his performance has gone down .[/quote']

I agree with that comment Ahmed.

I think that Terry is popular because of him scoring, but I dont see him scoring for both England and Chelsea, I see him as a flop in defense now.

His tackles are fine but his man-marking and positioning is sloppy, Carvalho and Cech always have to be the heroes and save Terry's a** from criticism. I remember the last time Terry played well was before the day that Abou Diaby gave him a wack in the head (Thanks Abou).

Also, Capello has decided to have a meeting about who will become England's captain, and I predict that Gerrard will take the armband from JT, because JT doesn't have a very good normal life (always causes trouble, drinks too much, girls, etc.)

JT should go down.

Agreed he is a far better captain than Beckham as everyone know's he was never a captain to start with.You hit the nail on the head saying he was at a decent club as that's my point' date='decent. Chelsea were nothing before Roman came and if Terry was that good he would have been bought by someone,without a doubt.Don't let his alleged loyalty fool you,if they did'nt get money to buy who they wanted and he was really top class,one of the big boy's would have went in for him, and he would have wanted to go to.He is alway's making last ditch tackle's or clearing off the line because he has already messed up for them to be in that position.That's why it is so bad m8, he's only making up for his poor positioning.I admit he is a decent tackler and marker(mainly because of the grabbing) but his overall play is rubbish and without the protection of some of the player's they have bought in the last few year's he would be nothing.[/quote']

i hate it when people presume that last ditch tackling is due to an original mistake. do you not think it could be due to a piece of brilliance from the forward or a sublime through ball wiping out all defenders regardless of their position. before roman came in they were still a top 4 club, which is very good. they pipped liverpool to 4th spot on the final day so they wernt exactly poor beforehand. and to be fair, you say he marks by grabbing. so what, it works doesnt it? and does he get caught? no. if i was a chelsea fan or manager, id rather him give it the sly grab to stop the player scoring rather than do nothing.

Nobody is presuming anything m8.Yes alot is down to brilliance but also alot due to mistake's.If you watch their game's he make's mistake's all the time. And the grabbing m8 is frowned upon alot more in europe or other league's,and rightly so too,as it's illegal,he should not be doing it and England and Chelsea suffer because of it.Oh yes, and when they finished fourth, before they got their billion's,who finished third? Newcastle,and look where they are without a billion quid's worth of player's.

Nobody is presuming anything m8.Yes alot is down to brilliance but also alot due to mistake's.If you watch their game's he make's mistake's all the time. And the grabbing m8 is frowned upon alot more in europe or other league's' date='and rightly so too,as it's illegal,he should not be doing it and England and Chelsea suffer because of it.Oh yes, and when they finished fourth, before they got their billion's,who finished third? Newcastle,and look where they are without a billion quid's worth of player's.[/quote']

newcastle and chelsea are 2 different clubs. you cant say chelsea would struggle just cuz newcastle have. and you say in previous posts its typical english to over rate our players n that. i think its just as typically english to shoot down any sucessful personnel we have, you make out terry is the only defender to make the odd mistake and have a naughty grab at a shirt now and then. end of the day he is englands best defender and without him we would be severely weakened, and that is a fact, love him or loathe him.

There different club's m8 true,i was just showing how far you can drop without the investment Chelsea have had.Yes i have said in other post's that we have overrated player's and it's a fact,we have for year's,aswell as shooting them down, but this is wholly deserved.He is not the best in the world and is too overrated on this game,everyone barring a couple think so,so we all can't be wrong.He is not the only one to make mistake's or the odd grab(as he grab's all the time lol)but he does it far too often to be regarded as the best,alongside being in the wrong place or not doing the right thing at time's.Like i said earlier,imo England and Chelsea suffer because of his antic's,in europe or internationally,so i don't think we would suffer too much if he got dropped.

Newcastle United

Steve Harper 32/86/2.7M-Rise to 88

8 Starts, 730 minutes

Steven Taylor 21/87/5.9M-Rise to 88/89

10 Starts, 2 Subs, 933 minutes. 1 goal

Charles N'Zogbia 21/87/5.9M-Rise to 89

17 Starts, 1 Sub, 1500 minutes. 3 goals, 2 assists

Alan Smith 27/87/4.7M-Rise to 89

16 Starts, 1 Sub, 1463 minutes

Damien Duff 28/90/6M-Decrease to 88/89

Just 1 Sub, 23 minutes

Stephen Carr 31/87/3.4M-Decrease to 85

3 Starts, 2 Subs, 251 minutes

Jose Enrique Sanchez 21/87/5.9M-Decrease to 86

5 Starts, 3 Subs, 439 minutes

Peter Ramage 24/86/4.8M-Decrease to 84

2 Subs, 57 minutes

Emre 27/88/5.3M-Decrease to 87

4 Starts, 6 Subs, 406 minutes. 1 goal

Shola Ameobi 23/87/5.1M-Decrease to 85

1 Start, 3 Subs, 169 minutes

Michael Owen 28/93/7.8M-Decrease to 92

7 Starts, 3 Subs, 603 minutes. 2 goals, 1 assist

Portsmouth

Hermann Hreidarsson 33/87/2.3M-Rise to 88

12 Starts, 1 Sub, 1058 minutes. 2 goals

Glen Johnson 23/87/5.1M-Rise to 89

14 Starts, 1222 minutes. 1 goal

Sylvain Distin 30/89/4.6M-Rise to 90

18 Starts, 1631 minutes

Niko Kranjcar 23/89/6.9M-Rise to 90

12 Starts, 2 Subs, 1147 minutes. 3 goals

Benjani 29/88/4.5M-Rise to 90

15 Starts, 2 Subs, 1343 minutes, 9 goals, 3 assists

Sean Davis 28/87/4.4M-Rise to 88/89

13 Starts, 1 Sub, 1180 minutes, 1 goal

Linvoy Primus 34/87/2M-Decrease to 83

No Minutes

Matt Taylor 26/88/5.7M-Decrease to 86

3 Starts, 7 Subs, 401 minutes. 1 goal

Arnold Mveumba 22/82/2.9M-Decrease to 80

1 Sub, 1 minute

Richard Duffy 22/83/3.4M-Decrease to 80

No Minutes

Djimi Traore 27/86/4.2M-Decrease to 84

1 Start, 1 Sub, 136 minutes

Lauren 30/90/5.1M-Decrease to 88

3 Starts, 1 Sub, 264 minutes

David Nugent 22/86/5.1M-Decrease to 85

2 Starts, 6 Subs, 281 minutes

Could you please do Arsenal's expected ratings please:D

Mate, I already did, but here you go:

ARSENAL

Jens Lehmann 92-->91

He's not playing enough games for Arsenal, has been dropped for a few months already. Very sloppy mistakes whenever he plays for the team. A rating decrease is correctly deserved for the German No. 1 Keeper.

Manuel Almunia 87-->90

He has taken first spot at Arsenal so deserves a good increase. He must increase to 89, at least but 90 would be more fair for such a talented keeper who is performing consistently in the team. Up to 90.

Vito Mannone 70-->75

Got to play twice in the Championship although made a few sloppy mistakes, still needs an increase to the 75 region. This keeper might join the Scottish League soon.

Gael Clichy 90-->91

Performing consistently for the team, playing almost every match. A great player, makes the Arsenal fans forget about Ashley Cole. He has put his injury days behind his back.

Armand Traore 80-->83

Played many times in the Carling Cup for the team and performs very well when has a chance. He should definitely get an increase to at least a 83 this time round.

Bakari Sagna 89-->90

He's playing for Arsenal and has only missed about three matches this season. Very solid defender with a great tackle and can also attack. He makes the Arsenal's right flank immune.

Emmanuel Eboue 89-->88

Not playing at right back and right midfield, Sagna and Hleb are playing to welll. A decrease is pretty obvious.

Justin Hoyte 87-->86

Same as Eboue, he's not playing so his rating has only one way to go, down. A talented player but has lost his touch after not getting to play oftenly.

Kolo Toure 94-->95

Very solid defender, should rise to a 95, he can tackle, mark, header, has all the great abilities of a center back. He should only rise if Ferdinand and Vidic and Carvalho go up though.

Aleksandr Hleb 91-->92

Arsenal's unsung hero. Works very well with Sagna on the right wing and is just simply a great right midfielder. He has to get an increase to 92 because of his great performances recently.

Francesc Fabregas 94-->95

I guess I don't have to explain anything for Fabregas.

Gilberto Silva 93-->92

Not playing a lot, should definitely drop to 92. Starts to warm the bench and I have a feeling that he will move in January. Down to 92 just twelve weeks after he got a 93.

Mathieu Flamini 88-->89

Playing very well next to Fabregas, definitely needs an increase for what he has done since the beginning of the season. He should have a positional change to CM/LB too.

Denlinson 85-->87

Playing very well, sometimes gets to play in the EPL, but mostly plays in cup matches and he always makes Wenger happy. Has a great corner too. Up to 87, if not even 88.

Theo Walcott 85-->88

Playing for the first team in the EPL as well as playing the two domestic cups and even the Champions League. This costly 18 year old has proven the price that Wenger payed for him was even called "cheap". Great player with great dribbling. Position change to F/W

Eduardo 90-->89

Like Gilberto, he has not played a lot and should go down to 89. He has played a limited amount of games and his goal tally aren't too impressive for a poacher who scored something like 45 goals last season.

Emmanuel Adebayor 89-->90

There's a whole thread on him, so I guess I've said enough. Up to 90, maybe 91.

Niklas Bendtner 85-->87

Same as Walcott and Denlinson.

I reckon :

Adebayor 89>90/91

Sagna 89 > 90

Flamini 89>90

Fabregas 94>95

Lehmann 92> 90

Almunia 87>89

Toure to stay the same along with Eduardo.

Clichy 90>91

walcott > 86/87

Bendtner 85 > 86

Oh not that toms predictions were not good for villa but i decided to do a thread :

Check it out : http://forum.soccermanager.com/showthread.php?t=17980

Do people think Danny Guthrie of Bolton could get an increase? He has been one of the few brightspots for Bolton this year. He has started 9 games in the EPL with 2 subs, 2 starts in the Carling Cup with a goal, and 4 starts in the UEFA Cup! I see an increase to at least an 84-85:) !!! Thoughts?

Do people think Danny Guthrie of Bolton could get an increase? He has been one of the few brightspots for Bolton this year. He has started 9 games in the EPL with 2 subs' date=' 2 starts in the Carling Cup with a goal, and 4 starts in the UEFA Cup! I see an increase to at least an 84-85:) !!! Thoughts?[/quote']

I definitely do,i'm a fan of Guthrie's has impressed me loads this season :)

Should be 86 imo.