EPL Rating Changes Thread

TomOwen

Re: EPL Rating Changes Thread

Do people think Danny Guthrie of Bolton could get an increase? He has been one of the few brightspots for Bolton this year. He has started 9 games in the EPL with 2 subs, 2 starts in the Carling Cup with a goal, and 4 starts in the UEFA Cup! I see an increase to at least an 84-85:) !!! Thoughts?

Do people think Danny Guthrie of Bolton could get an increase? He has been one of the few brightspots for Bolton this year. He has started 9 games in the EPL with 2 subs' date=' 2 starts in the Carling Cup with a goal, and 4 starts in the UEFA Cup! I see an increase to at least an 84-85:) !!! Thoughts?[/quote']

I definitely do,i'm a fan of Guthrie's has impressed me loads this season :)

Should be 86 imo.

This had to be posted... Richard Dunne must reach atleast reach 91... DIE HARD performance today against liverpool im not just basing an increase on tonights performance but this game just triggered me to. Heart of Man Cities defence and there best defender (yes Dunne not Richards) already at international level and with performances like this can't see why he can't reach 92!

Reading

Graeme Murty 86-->88

19 Starts, 1635 minutes

Ivar Ingrimasson 87-->88

17 Starts, 1551 minutes, 2 goals, 1 assist

Brynjar Gunnarsson 85-->87

17 Starts, 2 Subs, 1430 minutes

Steven Hunt 87-->89

20 Starts, 1806 minutes, 5 goals, 2 assists

Dave Kitson 84-->88

15 Starts, 2 Subs, 1392 minutes, 8 goals, 3 assists

Tottenham Hotspur

Gareth Bale 86-->88

8 Starts, 617 minutes, 2 goals, 1 assist. Excellent form before injury

Ledley King 91-->90

2 Starts, 134 minutes. Injured

Anthony Gardner 87-->86

4 Starts, 364 minutes, 1 goal

Benoit Assou-Ekotto 86-->85

1 Start, 91 minutes

Hossam Ghaly 87-->85

No minutes

Jermain Defoe 90-->88

1 Start , 15 Subs, 363 minutes, 3 goals

Jamie O'Hara 75-->78

2 Starts, 1 Sub, 194 minutes

Liverpool

Fernando Torres - 94

Jermaine Pennant - 88

Yossi Benayoun - 91

Daniel Agger - 92 (He deserves it from before he was injured)

Sami Hyppia - 90

Peter Crouch - 92

Javier Mascherano - 93

ARBELOA deserves a rise to 90.

Played 1452minutes this season' date=' (more than hyypia [who's expected to rise to 90'], finnan [93] and riise [92]).

Been pretty solid for a while now.

Here are some of my thoughts and predictions for Aston Villa in the upcoming English rating changes.

Goalkeepers

Scott Carson - 89 > 90 The on loan Keeper ( with view to permanent move ;) ) Has took Sorenson's number 1 jersey for villa this season. The young english man has been steady & solid and his displays have earnt him two senior england caps, one against Austria in a friendly and one against Croatia in which he made that fateful mistake. Apart from that mistake and a few Nervous[/u] moments after that, he has been exceptional and fully deserves and increase.

Thomas Sorenson - 89>88 The former number one for Villa has not made a single EPL appearance this season, yet some how has kept his number one status for Denmark. He has appeared 6 times for them in the Euro Qualifiers so far this season. He isnt playing football on a regular basis and should go down. however his appearances for Denmark may either act as damage control or just keep him at 89. Personally i feel he should go down to 88

Stuart Taylor 83 > 83 - Made two premiership appearances and played twice in the Carling cup, not really enough to warrant an increase but is a better player than 83.

Defenders !

Martin Laursen - 88 > 90 - The great Dane and former AC milan player has been impressive for villa so far this season. He has 20 EPL appearances so far this season with an impressive four goals. Has been instrumental in villas defense and has handles players such as Drogba very well. He has also played 5 times for Denmark in the euro qualifiers, nice to see him stay fit and show how good he truely is. Imo a increase of one is needed.

Curtis Davies 86 > 85 - Only made a handful of appearances since joining villa, at first it was due to injury but a shocker against Leicester has only see him play afew times since. However he came on and impressed against Chelsea and looks like he might make a few appearances, which could mean he retains his rating

Olof Melberg 89 > 89 maybe 90 The swede has been impressive for villa this season, not as impressive as Laursen but still on great form. definitely a solid 89 maybe a 90, the swede has also been linked with Seria A clubs Roma and Juventus.

Knight - 87 > 87 The big solihull lad has played all villas premiere league games so far this season and has looked solid(ish). Hasnt impressed enough to make 88 for me

Bouma - 88 > 88 maybe 89 - Another played who is playing well this season, has done enough to retain his current rating

Midfielders

Petrov 89 > 88 - Not had the best of season, With the signing of Reo Coker he did loose his place. recently had some apperances on the wing and is starting to play a little more, still not that impressive and 89 is a little to generous.

Nigel Reo Coker 88>88 - just the kind of player villa needed, the box to box midfielder has been good for villa but never at his best. I reckon he will stay the same but could push for 89 if SM feel nice :)

Gareth Barry 90>91 - Its been a big season for Barry so far, The villa captain has been solid and impressive for villa so far, and his performances earnt him a starting place in the england squad. One of the only players to come out of the qualifiers with any dignity a increase is surely on the books for Barry.

Gardner 85>86 - The villa youth product is mr.versatile, can also score a goal or two as Arsenal and Spurs found out. 9 apperances in the league and few in other competitions including four games for england under 21's means a rise to 86 is fair, maybe even 87.

Berger 85>84 - only 5 appearances all season, all of them as a sub, been poor when he has played aswell.

Maloney 88>88/maybe 87 - The ex celtic player was very unsettled but recently has been playing and declared he is happy in Brum. Put some great performances in and has scored 4 goals in the 12 epl apperances, 4 of which he started. Maloney has also scored two in two in the carling cup and made three apperances for scotland.

Strikers / forwards / wingers

Ashley Young 88>90 - One of the two players that everyone talks about at Villa, the quick and agile winger has been instrumental in villas end of season form last season and their form this year. played every epl game and has got two goals to his name, scoring isnt his main attribute his delivery is impeccable and he can take on players for fun.

Gabriel Agbonlahor - 88>90 Youngs partner in crime, been on sensational form this year, and played well last year. Has came on leaps and bound since his villa debut 3 years ago and is one to watch out for. His pace, determination and general ability make this man a 90 in my eyes.

Carew 90 > 90 - battled with his fitness after injury but is now in the swing of things causing trouble for so many defenses.

oh and Arbeloa should definitely reach 90, maybe more, but thats a little too generous, Imo Hypia shouldnt reach 90