EPL Rating Changes Thread

TomOwen

Re: EPL Rating Changes Thread

I'm not going to talk about ratings. I'm just going to put some players on paper that really impressed over last couple of moths' date=' and those who failed.

Impressed:

GK-

Green

Almunia

D-

Laursen

Corluka

Shorey (reading)

Mellberg

Lescott

Kaboul

Ridgewell

Omozusi (fulham)

Disitn

M-

Petrov

O’Hara

Bentley

Elano

Hunt (reading)

Dempsey (fulham)

F-

Torres

Jones (sunderland)

Yakubu

Adebayor

Santa Cruz

Agbonlahor

Anelka

Benjani

Young

Failed:

G-

Lehman

Jaaskelainen

D-

Nelsen (Birmingham)

Davis (derby)

Knight (villa)

M-

Ireland (city)

Essien

Wilhelmsson

Reo-coker

Kewell

Gilberto Silva

Gamst Pedersen

F-

Nugent

Zamora

Luque[/quote']

agree with most but stephen ireland, i think hes had a good season. a regular in a high flyin man city team. scores a few goals and also is outstanding for his country and was their top scorer in the euro 2008 qualifying campaign. will almost certainly go up 1.

I'm not going to talk about ratings. I'm just going to put some players on paper that really impressed over last couple of moths' date=' and those who failed.

Impressed:

GK-

Green

Almunia

D-

Laursen

Corluka

Shorey (reading)

Mellberg

Lescott

Kaboul

Ridgewell

Omozusi (fulham)

Disitn

M-

Petrov

O’Hara

Bentley

Elano

Hunt (reading)

Dempsey (fulham)

F-

Torres

Jones (sunderland)

Yakubu

Adebayor

Santa Cruz

Agbonlahor

Anelka

Benjani

Young

Failed:

G-

Lehman

Jaaskelainen

D-

Nelsen (Birmingham)

Davis (derby)

Knight (villa)

M-

Ireland (city)

Essien

Wilhelmsson

Reo-coker

Kewell

Gilberto Silva

Gamst Pedersen

F-

Nugent

Zamora

Luque[/quote']

Luque is at Ajax or PSV one of them, he left Newcastle moons :eek: ago. :eek::rolleyes::D

I do not agree with all of yours .

Bridge to 91 ??? he has only played 5 games this season .

Carvalho to 95 ??? also worried by injuries and 9 games this season . I hear rumors that he will fall to 93 :eek: :eek:

I agree with Joe Cole and Mikel .

Shevchenko and Ballack were bound to fall this time but they are back playing and doing well .Especially Ballack .

Makelele down to 92/91

Pizarro might fall as well

Sinclair - not too sure ' date=' played only 9 games at QPR and around 4 at Chelsea .Could rise to 83-84[/quote']

Why should Carvalho drop??? If he's gonna drop then Terry should... Yes he's been injured but not for too long,I think Ballack should stay as he's played great in every game since he's come back..

Here are just a summary of the rating changes for the top four clubs and what I agree with or disagree with.

Blue is agree, red is disagree.

Arsenal

Jens Lehmann 92-->91

Manuel Almunia 87-->89

Gael Clichy 90-->91

Armand Traore 80-->83

Bakari Sagna 89-->91 (I think 90 is fairer)

Justin Hoyte 87-->86

Aleksandr Hleb 91-->92

Francesc Fabregas 94-->95

Gilberto Silva 93-->92

Mathieu Flamini 88-->90

Abou Diaby 87-->88 (A joke! I would be suggesting a drop actually)

Denlinson 85-->87 (Too high)

Lassana Diarra 87-->88 (Same as Diaby)

Alexandre Song Billong 84-->86 (He barely plays!)

Theo Walcott 85-->87 (86 only)

Emmanuel Adebayour 89-->91 (Same as Sagna)

Niklas Bendtner 85-->87 (Same as Walcott)

Chelsea

Henrique Hilario 82-->84

Ashley Cole 93-->92

Paulo Ferreira 88-->89

JT 97-->96

Frank Lamps 96-->95

Michael Ballack 93-->92

John Obi Mikel 89-->90

Steve Sidwell 88-->87

Claude Makelele 93-->92 (90 or 91 would've been more suitable)

Scott Sinclair 82-->85

Claudio Pizzaro 90-->89

Liverpool

Charles Itandje 89-->88

John Arne Riise 92-->91

Daniel Agger 91-->90 (Had a great last season, just injured!)

Steve Finnan 93-->91 (Way too big, I would say he needs a 92!)

Jack Hobbs 68-->75 (I thought he would've gotten around 80)

Alvaro Arbeloa 88-->90

Yossi Benayoun 88-->89

Sebastien Leto 87-->86

Xabi Alonso 94-->93

Mohammed Sissoko 90-->88

Javier Mascherano 92-->93

Fernando Torres 93-->94

Dirk Kuyt 92-->91

Peter Crouch 91-->90

Man Utd.

TBH, I agree with all of the rating changes, even Ronaldo Cristi.

Good opinions there Tom.I was disappointed with a few rating changes.

1st of all Arsenal. I agree with Tom on all but i do think Adebayor,Sagna and Bendtner deserved there 2 increases.

With Chelsea i agree with all except Sinclair! How can he go up 3 ratings? for my linfield team i have this guy and Kenwyne Jones upfront. Now sinclair went 82 > 85 without really doing much, and yet Kenwyne Jonbes only went from 84 > 86 after playing loads games for Sunderland and playing great for them. So i disagree with that and should get 84.

With Liverpool as a fan i can see why players went down rating.All we do is diss them but for good reason lol. Sissoko going down to 88 from 90 tho is way too big a drop. Just because he isnt as good as Mascherano,Alonso and Gerrard dont mean he should go down that much and i believe if he deserves 88 then Makelele deserves 90 and Lehmann deserves 90 aswell. I also dont understand why Crouch has gone down 1 rating.He was only 91 anyway and he's now worse than the following players in the CF position : Van Hennegoor Hesselink,Zigic,Gekas,Lucarelli,Pavlyuchenko and Louis Saha who is injury prone and yet he keeps his 91!:mad: :mad: !!!.Also even Morientes is 92 rating. So i'm kinda disgusted with that.

I also believe Mascherano is very much worthy of 94. He should have the same rating as Tevez and he hs played more games and is very influential for Liverpool and Argentina.If Cristiano can go 96 > 98 then surely this guy who i believe is the best defensive midfielder in the world (could be lil biased) deserves a jump from 92 > 94.

To be honest, I'm completely disgusted that Ledley King has had his rating decreased. In my opinion, he has done nothing to merit a decrease, just because he has been injured doesn't make him any less of a player. Also, why did kaboul only drop one place? 88 was way to high for him to begin with, and his defending has almost been as bad as Bakari Sagnas hair

To be honest' date=' I'm completely disgusted that Ledley King has had his rating decreased. In my opinion, he has done nothing to merit a decrease, just because he has been injured doesn't make him any less of a player. Also, why did kaboul only drop one place? 88 was way to high for him to begin with, and his defending has almost been as bad as Bakari Sagnas hair[/quote']

He hasnt played at all, SM ratings dont just reflect the ability of a player, if he hasnt played he cant hold on to such a high rating ! doesnt mean SM think he is any less of a player as im sure when he returns he will no doubt go up in the ratings again!

Ratings i disagree with.

Fabregas- How can you put him to 95 on par with Lampard and still apparently he is not as good as Gattuso or Pirlo, when IMO he is much better.

Petrov- Ok he is playing qutie well for City but is he that good to get an increase to 91?

Campbell- Why has he gone down, he has been top class this season and he deserved an increase not a decrease.

Morre- Top class this season for Villa and yet he goes down one? I thought he deserved a rise definitely.

Elano- He sint that good either, i think he consolidated his rating of 91 but he did not deserve a rating of 92!

MAscharano- He has done nothing special this year so why has he done up, 92 was just about right for him.

Parker- Has been playing well for the Hammers and yet he gets a decrease, i am not saying he deserved an increase but def not a decrease.

Corluka- Yeh he has played well. Why has he got a rating of 91 though! He should be rated 90.

Almunia- He is Arsenals best keeper yet he he still lower rated then Lehman. :confused: How does that work?

Santa Cruz- So he is better or as good as Kalou, Owen, Martins. I rest my case!

People who should have had a rise:

Essien

Beletti

Voronin

He hasnt played at all' date=' SM ratings dont just reflect the ability of a player, if he hasnt played he cant hold on to such a high rating ! doesnt mean SM think he is any less of a player as im sure when he returns he will no doubt go up in the ratings again![/quote']

I understand if a match-fit player hasn't been playing for the first team simply because he isn't being picked by the manager, then he deserves a decrease e.g. Defoe. When a player doesn't play because of an injury though, I feel it's slightly unfair that he has his rating decreased. Ledley King is my prime example of this, and bearing in mind all the other decreases to tottenhams defensive players, would it harm to just leave him alone?

Ratings aren't based on just the last 12 weeks, they take into consideration there form, stats and what they have achieved over the past 2 years.

Fabregas has all the ability in the world to be one of the best CM's, if not the best. But has he won as many international appearances as Lampard, Gattusso and Pirlo, has he won as many compeitions and tournaments as them. No he hasnt, they have been playing well for more than his career, so thats why he hasnt reached 96 + ( YET, because he certainly has the ability to )

Luke Moore ? Are you watching the same villa lol, he rarely plays. he hasnt scored at villa park in like 16 months or something stupid.

Mascherano is a bit debatle but i can understand, his perfoamces end of last season were great and they have been good this year to.

Parkers played well for like the 3 weeks he wasnt injured, surely you know that players need to play to maintain ratings.

Corluka is a regular international for croatia, 10th best team in the world, played regulary for Dinamo and seems a rock at city, not to mention that his performances are great. 91 was always possible.

Owen has practically been injured since WC2006, he was always going to decrease. Martins has been a flop, done nothing and doesnt always play.Not to mention where his team are in the league and how they are playing. Santa Cruz is playing awesome and banging them in, why should he of got increased

Just looked at the ratings there... too many and no time to mention but there are quiet ALOT that i do not agree with at all chelsea ones were very unfair...the ratings didnt affect my main team(barcelona which is the only team i care about really) and i got two increases and no decreases....i expected a heavy increase on james milner as he is clearly better than 88 but nothing.....Not very happy at all i have to say...alot were correct dont get me wrong

there is something im always saying...if benayoun was still with us at west ham and is playing as well as he is now would he get the increase? i think sometimes if its hanging in the balance it comes down to who hes playing for but thats for another day isnt it haha

Most debate! lol :D.

@mattykewl

ur right bout Belletti.Hes been great for chelsea this season and deserves 90.

Moore is good player but has rarely played so gone down 1 which is fair. Mascherano is the best DM in the prem which deserves a 93 or a 94 rating.

Almunia is only just turned 1st keeper for Arsenal.What did he do last season or infact any season before this 1? up 2 is good :).

Santa Cruz is scoring for fun.Owen and Martins are doing what at newcastle, playing golf? :P

Fabregas worth of goin 1 rating and i hope to see Pirlo and Gattuso go down 1 rating as Milan are over rated cause of their champ league win last season.Lampard down 1 was a shock to me but deserved :).