Roster size

KBoyd1984

How big of a roster size do you guys like to keep?

I tend to go with senior roster size of anywhere from 22-28 depending on finances in order to have the depth to go through a season and cup competitons.

I like to have 2 GKs, 6-8 Defenders, 9-12 Midfielders, and 5-7 Forwards of varying rating levels.

Re: Roster size

24 players

2 GKs, 8 defenders, 8 Midfielders, 4 Forwards and 2 jokers one plays all D positions and the other plays all the F/AM positions :D

i rotate a lot. my bench players play around 16 league games a season:eek: so i like my average squad rating to be around 89+ (92 currently)

24 players

2 GKs' date=' 8 defenders, 8 Midfielders, 4 Forwards and 2 jokers one plays all D positions and the other plays all the F/AM positions :D

i rotate a lot. my bench players play around 16 league games a season:eek: so i like my average squad rating to be around 89+ (92 currently)[/quote']

My season is about to end with Steaua Bucuresti and I'm looking for a plan on rebuilding. I'm going to try it with a 24 man senior roster and see how it works.

I'm going to go with this for my senior roster:

2 GK (backup will be a low-rated young GK)

8 defenders (4 starters, 4 backups)

8 midfielders

4 forwards

2 "jokers" (1 D(RLC), 1 F(RLC))

1-2 senior prospects (lower-rated players usually from lower-tier leagues like MLS, Liga MX, Argentina, Brazil Serie A, Championship, etc. that show promise of rising)

25-26 players which should be enough to get through a congested season, especially the first half and to make through the season as injuries and suspensions take their toll.

• 2 weeks later...

I usually have a squad with either 21 or 22 players, with most of my young players out on loan. My players can play in a lot of different positions, so I've always got someone who can play in midfield instead of RB if I need. Having a small squad works for me, then I just loan out the rest of my players. My squad consists of 14 seniors and 7 youth currently.

I usually have a squad with either 21 or 22 players' date=' with most of my young players out on loan. My players can play in a lot of different positions, so I've always got someone who can play in midfield instead of RB if I need. Having a small squad works for me, then I just loan out the rest of my players. My squad consists of 14 seniors and 7 youth currently.[/quote']

The problem I wind up having is that it's not enough depth.