Getting rid of the 'unavailable' transfer status

Re: Getting rid of the 'unavailable' transfer status

As a manager victim to someone who kept on bidding diabolical offers for a top player, I applaud the "unavailable" feature. Maybe they should implement a block list, where you select a manager who cant bid on a certain player of yours.

Anyway I disagree that all players are available for a specific price, most of the time, managers arent willing to pay enough and second of all, I know managers who wont get rid of Gotze, Hazard or Messi cause theyre the favourite player of the manager IRL.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Getting rid of the 'unavailable' transfer status The basic problem is you want to sign a player which the other manager doesn't want to sell. they've set that status for a reason. You can't chan

Re: Getting rid of the 'unavailable' transfer status In the EC I'm in, I can't improve my team as most of the good players are held by one or two teams. Selling any of my players, for any price, woul

Re: Getting rid of the 'unavailable' transfer status What ruins the transfer markets isn't the unavailable tags it's the chairman restrictions, they're too tight. When you want to sign a player, yo

7.......and any manager who logs in three times but who fails to respond to a transfer bid' date=' as soon as they log out the third time, has that bid accepted automatically. Teach the ignorant the lesson[/quote']

Ok, so what if this was implemented and for example you go on holiday and the internet connection is bad and because of this you can only be bothered to do your tactics. Someone then submits a bid for your best player and you log in 3 times and don't have time to respond, or your not taking much notice of your club messages. This means you loose the player. You'll be the first one complaining if this happened to you.

When I've gone on holiday in the past this has been the case with me, so I respond to the bids when I return.

Well the reason i do put players unavailable is to stop silly bids but im a manager that will sell every player for the right price.

1' date=' Sm need to build something in where the player rejects a move due to 'too much competition' in the squad.

[b']2, Players wont sign contracts and leave for free if they are not given game time and it should happen much quicker than happens currently.[/b]

3,I don't think you should be able to pay off a player to keep them happy as you currently can do.

4, Players refuse to go on loan, but also if they agree to a loan they don't become concerned, as currently happens.

5, Remove chairman restrictions, I think you should be able to offer as much as you want for a players whether its 50m and 3 players for Messi, you should be able to do this, with out chairman involvement.

I think these measures would help

I think these are major points especially 2 & 5 we know 5 is there for cheats , i don't think you should be allowed to offer more than three players but you should be allowed to offer any amount of cash for any player there's just far to much cash floating around at some clubs with nothing to do with it.

Anyway I disagree that all players are available for a specific price' date=' most of the time, managers arent willing to pay enough and second of all, I know managers who wont get rid of Gotze, Hazard or Messi cause theyre the favourite player of the manager IRL.[/quote']

With regards to paying enough, there is a fine line between overpaying and offering a good deal. Some managers are asking cut throat prices for their transfer listed players, some reaching 4 folds of the player's value. That is like 200 mil for a Messi. Only a cheating account will spend the club's money on that 1 player.

I am not sure about others but paying double of the player's value is as far as I can entice a player over. Hope that is not over-paying or under-paying lol

With regards to paying enough' date=' there is a fine line between overpaying and offering a good deal. Some managers are asking cut throat prices for their transfer listed players, some reaching 4 folds of the player's value. That is like 200 mil for a Messi. Only a cheating account will spend the club's money on that 1 player.[/quote'] Its similar to real life though. Luiz 50m, Messis release clause is 200m and Ronaldos 1 billion. Perez said he wouldnt sell Ronaldo unless someone paid 1 billion. I can sympathise with managers actually offering quality deals but in my experience, most of the time, its not good enough. In one of my GWs right now, someone is offering me Gundogan for my Pogba lol. I just personally think that once a player comes into someones club they have the right to deny any sort of offer if they want to. This isnt aimed at you but I feel some people are hurt cause they cant get a player that a manager doesnt want to sell.

Its similar to real life though. Luiz 50m' date=' Messis release clause is 200m and Ronaldos 1 billion. Perez said he wouldnt sell Ronaldo unless someone paid 1 billion. I can sympathise with managers actually offering quality deals but in my experience, most of the time, its not good enough. In one of my GWs right now, someone is offering me Gundogan for my Pogba lol. I just personally think that once a player comes into someones club they have the right to deny any sort of offer if they want to. This isnt aimed at you but I feel some people are hurt cause they cant get a player that a manager doesnt want to sell.[/quote']

No offence taken, I wasn't mentioning about you either.

If someone offers me Neymar and Gotze + 10 mil for Ronaldo, 70% I will do it.

Get rid of player concerns all together -

Introduce a reserve squad instead of youth squad --

Then have a squad cap on the 1st squad of 25 players --

On the reserve squad limit the rating of a player to 87 and have a cap of 20 players

So people can still scout and bring through youth players, but when they reach 88 rating they go straight into the 1st team squad.

Make cash more useful by only allowing 1-1 player exchanges and limit the amount of transfers per club, per season too 2 instead of the current 3.

Ok' date=' so what if this was implemented and for example you go on holiday and the internet connection is bad and because of this you can only be bothered to do your tactics. Someone then submits a bid for your best player and you log in 3 times and don't have time to respond, or your not taking much notice of your club messages. This means you loose the player. You'll be the first one complaining if this happened to you.

When I've gone on holiday in the past this has been the case with me, so I respond to the bids when I return.[/quote']

So don't log in when you are on holiday, if the internet connection is bad...............simples :rolleyes:

It's entirely a cop out and it is reflective of ignorant behaviour. It takes a matter of seconds to reject a bid.

Most low bids come from new managers who don't understand.

And those managers who slap unavailable on players are the sort of managers who refuse to answer PMs.....we all have evidence of that.

"Unavailable" doesn't exist in the real world and it is just plain silly to retain it

It's neither ignorant nor a cop out' date=' it's a way of stating that you don't want to sell a player whom you consider to be a core member of your squad and is irreplaceable/has more value than cash to you.

The wording on the player info even encourages managers to contact with an offer if they really want to sell. If a manager then cannot be bothered to send a quick PM, that's hardly the fault of the manager who owns the player...

Or, what if you have limited time each day to play, and don't want to spend all that time rejecting dozens of low bids for a player that you have no intention of selling.

A limit on the number of players you can mark as unavailable would be a good compromise, as would having the status reset every season so players aren't permanently marked.

And yes, GW's need new managers, and yes they may not fully understand the player value (not helped by the value being different between Team A manager, Team B manager, Team A chairman and Team B chairman, but that's another story :D ) but do they honestly think that submitting a CV bid for Messi or Ronaldo is going to work? And, doing it again when the bid is rejected just in case the manager changes their mind? :)

Unfortunately, as you covered in a previous post, a little bit more is required to generate transfer activity and make GW's more competitive.

I would genuinely prefer a way to hinder one or two teams from hogging all the highest rated players before something as trivial as unavailable status is changed/removed, as impossible a task as it might be :)[/quote']

Don't see why it should be removed, I don't use it that often think I have 35 clubs and i probably have 5 players in total with unavailable on. What does my head in is the people that put it on every single member of their squad so you cant put a bid in and like you say, when you send a PM (or ten) you never, ever get a response.

I think these are major points especially 2 & 5 we know 5 is there for cheats ' date=' i don't think you should be allowed to offer more than three players but you should be allowed to offer any amount of cash for any player there's just far to much cash floating around at some clubs with nothing to do with it.[/quote']

That's another point, if the people at SM gave a stuff about cheats in the game they might actually be able to make/suggest a change where there aren't restrictions to how much you can bid and you could maybe offer 3 players for a player like Messi

• 3 weeks later...

The "unavailable" tag is unrealistic and rude. It should be removed.

However, if it is retained, then any manager who uses the "unavailable" status - thus preventing decent managers from bidding for their players - should be banned from bidding for any other player in the GW.

The transfer market is fundamental to SM. It should not be constrained by some managers blocking it's freedom.

The "unavailable" tag is unrealistic and rude. It should be removed.

However' date=' if it is retained, then any manager who uses the "unavailable" status - thus preventing decent managers from bidding for their players - should be banned from bidding for any other player in the GW.

The transfer market is fundamental to SM. It should not be constrained by some managers blocking it's freedom.[/quote']

Completely disagree with this post.

The unavailable status is there to stop annoying managers bidding on players who another manager may not want to sell.

I have countless offers sometimes on my players who I am happy with and the offers are bad really bad... two over the hill 80s players for an up and coming 90 talent just one example.

So by using the unavailable status it stops these pointless offers coming in and actually makes the manager have to interact with me if they want to buy my players.

I don't use it all the time but I use it in certain setups especially if I am getting ridiculous offers on a daily basis.

Then what you are doing is potentially alienating those managers who are new and/or unfamiliar with SM and the relative value of players.

You are preventing managers from learning how to adapt to SM and stopping them from getting accustomed with the peculiarities of the transfer market.

It takes a matter of seconds to reject a bid.

More importantly, the inability to bid for players is curtailing the freedom of the market.....why shouldn't a manager bid for any player, any time.

The "unavailable" status is childish and very, very silly. It should be removed because there is no justification for it.

Most of this thread reads like a bad Steven Speilberg movie, I guess at least it is a discussion though so some good may come of it in the end.

On the subject of the OP, I disagree that the unavailable tag should be removed, when you get 10+miserly bids per week for a player sometimes setting him to unavailable is the only way to stop the nonsense, here is an example I am a big club with high rated players in the same positions as Callum Chambers meaning his CV at my club drops to just under £4 million, the max bid I can receive for him is just over £8 million, as you can see there is no chance I am going to receive an offer that is worthwhile me taking so setting him to unavailable means I do not have to keep rejecting bids for him every day, sometimes you get 3+ bids from the same clubs each week, I can ignore the bids but that is frowned apon, the same can be said for setting an unrealistic minimum price for him, so for sanity's sake you set him to unavailable.

sirmarkhughes: you make a reasonable point but the logical conclusions one must draw is that there must be wholesale reform of the SM transfer system.

I agree that someone like Chambers should be sold for a high value than £8 million.

Nevertheless, simply slapping "unavailable" is not acceptable. Other game players should have the right to bid for any player; "Unavailable" is a cop out.

If I wanted to buy Chambers from you, I should be allowed to keep bidding until we find an acceptable compromise.

But equally, too many players are guilty of player hogging. They refuse to sell any player whatsoever, no matter what if offered. This needs to be addressed within the game ( squad size limits, random transfer, player concerns, players becoming unsettled).

Example. I am managing a lower league team with little money and in a league which is almost full (which is good). I joined several seasons after the GW was created so I have had to scrabble around for players.

Consequently, I only have one forward for my first team. Player hogging and huge squads are stopping me from signing another forward of sufficient quality.

Managers are either refusing to respond to my bids (rudeness), have unavailable (rudeness again....at least give me an opportunity), ignoring PMs, demanding ridiculous deals or just rejecting them.

Even managers with huge squads continue to sign up new talent as they appear, which prevents other managers from competing fairly.

I will persevere but other managers won't. It is leaving game worlds near empty.

This is SM's major failing

Most of this thread reads like a bad Steven Speilberg movie' date=' I guess at least it is a discussion though so some good may come of it in the end.

On the subject of the OP, I disagree that the unavailable tag should be removed, when you get 10+miserly bids per week for a player sometimes setting him to unavailable is the only way to stop the nonsense, here is an example I am a big club with high rated players in the same positions as Callum Chambers meaning his CV at my club drops to just under £4 million, the max bid I can receive for him is just over £8 million, as you can see there is no chance I am going to receive an offer that is worthwhile me taking so setting him to unavailable means I do not have to keep rejecting bids for him every day, sometimes you get 3+ bids from the same clubs each week, I can ignore the bids but that is frowned apon, the same can be said for setting an unrealistic minimum price for him, so for sanity's sake you set him to unavailable.[/quote']

I think this feature should be kept as like many others have received rubbish transfer bids on my better players and get sick of getting these rubbish bids coming in a few times per day. So I'll just set the player to unavailable to stop the bids and if those people then actually want to make a decent bid they can PM me, simple. And if a player that I want to buy is unavailable then I'll first try to PM the other manager and if he doesn't want to sell/respond I'll go for another player. This feature should be kept.

It's completely unrealistic and it undermines the principle of having a transfer market. So far, I have not seen one single robust argument in favour of it. Claiming it stops "rubbish transfer bids" is not a justification; it is only "rubbish" because that it is your subjective valuation, not the potential buyer. It takes seconds to reject a bid and there is a feature to inform the potential buyer that the bid is not high enough.

And don't forget that PMs are sometimes not answered.

This is a feature that must be removed.

But it is only part of the changes that are needed to reform the SM transfer market

I think this feature should be kept as like many others have received rubbish transfer bids on my better players and get sick of getting these rubbish bids coming in a few times per day. So I'll just set the player to unavailable to stop the bids and if those people then actually want to make a decent bid they can PM me' date=' simple. And if a player that I want to buy is unavailable then I'll first try to PM the other manager and if he doesn't want to sell/respond I'll go for another player. This feature should be kept.[/quote']

Claiming it stops "rubbish transfer bids" is not a justification; it is only "rubbish" because that it is your subjective valuation' date=' not the potential buyer.[/quote']

As the holder of the asset is it absolutely my right to set the value of my asset.

It is also absolutely my right to determine if I want to sell that player or not. If my valuation is £1bn, an amount that no-one can bid for due to game mechanics, then that player is effectively unavailable and there is no point placing a bid.

If I don't want to sell, for whatever reason, that player is unavailable. There is your robust justification, and it's the only justification required, regardless of your opinion on it.

Note, I have never once disagreed with the fact that ignoring bids is rude and wrong, but I strongly disagree with your "everyone has a price" ethos.

And, as I've pointed out before, the unavailable status wording encourages a manager to PM with an enquiry rather than put in a random bid. Sorry, I don't see anything wrong with that at all.

As I've said before, put a limit on how many players you can mark as unavailable, but the feature has a purpose for many managers and shouldn't be removed regardless of how strongly you personally may dislike it.

And of course, PMs are ineffectual if other managers don't answer.

Your valuation is subjective and another manager can only deal with your subjective valuation if he or she is getting a response.

Let's rewind back to the beginning: SM is almost totally reliant on the transfer market to make it a playable game.

That is the case and therefore, shutting off part of the transfer market by declaring players "unavailable" is not only silly but also undermines the very principle of a market.

There is a very simple way of dealing with unwelcome bids and that is by using the feature that is available: reject the bid and explain why. It takes a matter of seconds.

It is almost ridiculous to play a game dependent on the transfer market and throw a tantrum because you don't like receiving bids.

This isn't just a matter of "everyone has a price"; rather, it is giving managers the right to attempt to bid for a player, no matter whether or not the other manager wants/intends to sell.

Either remove this feature. Or if managers want to use it, ban them from making bids for other peoples' players. Sheer hypocrisy to make ones own players unavailable but continue to bid for other players.

As I said previously, this is just part of the needed measures to reform the SM transfer market, which is general is completely stagnant.

As the holder of the asset is it absolutely my right to set the value of my asset.

It is also absolutely my right to determine if I want to sell that player or not. If my valuation is £1bn' date=' an amount that no-one can bid for due to game mechanics, then that player is effectively unavailable and there is no point placing a bid.

If I don't want to sell, for whatever reason, that player is unavailable. There is your robust justification, and it's the only justification required, regardless of your opinion on it.

Note, I have never once disagreed with the fact that ignoring bids is rude and wrong, but I strongly disagree with your "everyone has a price" ethos.

And, as I've pointed out before, the unavailable status wording encourages a manager to PM with an enquiry rather than put in a random bid. Sorry, I don't see anything wrong with that at all.

As I've said before, put a limit on how many players you can mark as unavailable, but the feature has a purpose for many managers and shouldn't be removed regardless of how strongly you personally may dislike it.[/quote']

And of course' date=' PMs are ineffectual if other managers don't answer.

Your valuation is subjective and another manager can only deal with your subjective valuation if he or she is getting a response.

Let's rewind back to the beginning: SM is almost totally reliant on the transfer market to make it a playable game.

That is the case and therefore, shutting off part of the transfer market by declaring players "unavailable" is not only silly but also undermines the very principle of a market.

There is a very simple way of dealing with unwelcome bids and that is by using the feature that is available: reject the bid and explain why. It takes a matter of seconds.

It is almost ridiculous to play a game dependent on the transfer market and throw a tantrum because you don't like receiving bids.

This isn't just a matter of "everyone has a price"; rather, it is giving managers the right to attempt to bid for a player, no matter whether or not the other manager wants/intends to sell.

Either remove this feature. Or if managers want to use it, ban them from making bids for other peoples' players. Sheer hypocrisy to make ones own players unavailable but continue to bid for other players.

As I said previously, this is just part of the needed measures to reform the SM transfer market, which is general is completely stagnant.[/quote']

Everyone does have a price and if someone sets a player to unavailable then, it means basically they DONT WANT TO SELL. Simple. Its not silly making a player unavailable because look at real life, Barcelona put ridiculous buy out clauses in players contracts. Why do they do it? They do it as a way of saying we don't want to sell the player unless you offer something completely ridiculous. For example when Alex Song signed for them his buy out clause was about 68 million euros. Are you going to pay that for song? Basically makes him unavailable as the club value him as a player and no other club has whined about it to FIFA saying "It's not realistic", because it's their player and they have the right to do that, just like people have the right to set their players to unavailable.

You haven't come up with any real suggestion as to why the function should be removed either as it wont make the transfer market more active, because if it was removed then it's not going to force someone to sell their hazard, they will just put a 150 minimum bid on it or get bored of so many stupid offers and just ignore them all. Plus anyone with a brain can work out if the player is unavailable then the manager may not want to sell him, if they are new to the game or not.

So as I and a few other have said there is no need to remove the feature as its not going to make people sell their players or respond to the transfer offers etc... the transfer market will remain just the same. :)