Getting rid of the 'unavailable' transfer status

Re: Getting rid of the 'unavailable' transfer status

Go back and read again: this isn't just about every player having a price. It is about the fundamental principle of a free, active, transfer market. I make this point very clear.

Simply people whinging and bleating about not wanting transfer bids is not a legitimate argument. SM has a transfer market. Fundamentally, it should have the ability to bid for any player.

And SM should be receptive to changing any rule.

Everyone does have a price and if someone sets a player to unavailable then' date=' it means basically they DONT WANT TO SELL. Simple. Its not silly making a player unavailable because look at real life, Barcelona put ridiculous buy out clauses in players contracts. Why do they do it? They do it as a way of saying we don't want to sell the player unless you offer something completely ridiculous. For example when Alex Song signed for them his buy out clause was about 68 million euros. Are you going to pay that for song? Basically makes him unavailable as the club value him as a player and no other club has whined about it to FIFA saying "It's not realistic", because it's their player and they have the right to do that, just like people have the right to set their players to unavailable.

You haven't come up with any real suggestion as to why the function should be removed either as it wont make the transfer market more active, because if it was removed then it's not going to force someone to sell their hazard, they will just put a 150 minimum bid on it or get bored of so many stupid offers and just ignore them all. Plus anyone with a brain can work out if the player is unavailable then the manager may not want to sell him, if they are new to the game or not.

So as I and a few other have said there is no need to remove the feature as its not going to make people sell their players or respond to the transfer offers etc... the transfer market will remain just the same. :)[/quote']

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Getting rid of the 'unavailable' transfer status The basic problem is you want to sign a player which the other manager doesn't want to sell. they've set that status for a reason. You can't chan

Re: Getting rid of the 'unavailable' transfer status In the EC I'm in, I can't improve my team as most of the good players are held by one or two teams. Selling any of my players, for any price, woul

Re: Getting rid of the 'unavailable' transfer status What ruins the transfer markets isn't the unavailable tags it's the chairman restrictions, they're too tight. When you want to sign a player, yo

maybe if they removed it you'd get a excellent offer in ec-1 for subo.

Doubt it ;)

--

I just came up with a might fine idea

Make everyone unavailable and then block 79 people from PM'ing me

that would go down well here :P

btw one of my teams I noticed other day that all the players I had as unavailable from years ago :eek: were all reset to available.. does anyone know when this happened?

Go back and read again: this isn't just about every player having a price. It is about the fundamental principle of a free' date=' active, transfer market. I make this point very clear.

Simply people whinging and bleating about not wanting transfer bids is not a legitimate argument. SM has a transfer market. Fundamentally, it should have the ability to bid for any player.

And SM should be receptive to changing any rule.[/quote']

How does it make the transfer market more active? Like ive said, if people don't want to sell they wont sell. They will just put 150 minimum fees on their players and you have the same problem again. And the only thing your doing is whining about this function which isn't against the law to use, a club can do what it wants with their players and you cant stop them. I don't see why this is even being debated anymore, ive made my point. :)

• 1 month later...

I'd be really annoyed if people made bids on players that I don't want to sell. Spam turns me off and might make me want to quit the game.

Some people are the opposite and really crave extra action and will quit if they can't bid on players.

The company's incentive is to figure out which group outnumbers the other and give that group what they want. Damned be the other group. My suspicion is that agitated newcomers are a greater source of growth potential for the game and so it's probably in the company's growth interest to remove the unavailable status.

• 2 weeks later...

Pointless suggestion, encourages bids for players you have no intention of selling.

The only real way of stimulating transfer markets is to stop automatic contract renewal by the chairman. This way if a manager snoozes he/she loses. Keeping tabs on your own squads contracts is what this game lacks. When the player(s) contract is in the final year managers who shortlisted the player(s) get a alert. In the final year of the contract randomness can kick in, the player could reject from the owner club. People moaning about huge squads also win because some managers probably wouldn't bother about having massive squads to deal with in such a scenario

Other suggestion is for concerns for players stuck at underperforming teams. If a team gets relegated then concerns about that should automatically kick in. Ratings could be based on the average rating of the particular league. Eg. Level 87 player at a league with a average team rating of 79 should also apply. In real life you don't get many 'big' players moving to little leagues. If the team is meeting set targets like promotion, continental wins etc, then the player remains happy. Every season leagues will change. Big clubs become no exception to this rule. You could have a Real Madrid and Barcelona who have a much higher team average than the rest of the league, after a few seasons you know that very little opposition remains (if any). Unmanaged teams are plundered for any talents. Making that league a dead donkey. So for players to remain at either club they have to win stuff. If eg. Barcelona win nothing 1 season player concerns kick in on all players above the league average. Long term managers are then rewarded for having the chance to buy messi's ronaldo's. the only way teams wouldn't be susceptible is if they are playing in excellent filled leagues. Encouraging managers incentive/challenge for sticking around longer than 1 season

Pointless suggestion' date=' encourages bids for players you have no intention of selling.

The only real way of stimulating transfer markets is to stop automatic contract renewal by the chairman. This way if a manager snoozes he/she loses. Keeping tabs on your own squads contracts is what this game lacks. When the player(s) contract is in the final year managers who shortlisted the player(s) get a alert. In the final year of the contract randomness can kick in, the player could reject from the owner club. People moaning about huge squads also win because some managers probably wouldn't bother about having massive squads to deal with in such a scenario

Other suggestion is for concerns for players stuck at underperforming teams. If a team gets relegated then concerns about that should automatically kick in. Ratings could be based on the average rating of the particular league. Eg. Level 87 player at a league with a average team rating of 79 should also apply. In real life you don't get many 'big' players moving to little leagues. If the team is meeting set targets like promotion, continental wins etc, then the player remains happy. Every season leagues will change. Big clubs become no exception to this rule. You could have a Real Madrid and Barcelona who have a much higher team average than the rest of the league, after a few seasons you know that very little opposition remains (if any). Unmanaged teams are plundered for any talents. Making that league a dead donkey. So for players to remain at either club they have to win stuff. If eg. Barcelona win nothing 1 season player concerns kick in on all players above the league average. Long term managers are then rewarded for having the chance to buy messi's ronaldo's. the only way teams wouldn't be susceptible is if they are playing in excellent filled leagues. Encouraging managers incentive/challenge for sticking around longer than 1 season[/quote']

Best suggestion I've read on this thread, can see little for anyone to disagree with.

• 2 weeks later...

Pointless suggestion' date=' encourages bids for players you have no intention of selling.

Other suggestion is for concerns for players stuck at underperforming teams. If a team gets relegated then concerns about that should automatically kick in. Ratings could be based on the average rating of the particular league. Eg. Level 87 player at a league with a average team rating of 79 should also apply. In real life you don't get many 'big' players moving to little leagues. If the team is meeting set targets like promotion, continental wins etc, then the player remains happy. Every season leagues will change. Big clubs become no exception to this rule. You could have a Real Madrid and Barcelona who have a much higher team average than the rest of the league, after a few seasons you know that very little opposition remains (if any). Unmanaged teams are plundered for any talents. Making that league a dead donkey. So for players to remain at either club they have to win stuff. If eg. Barcelona win nothing 1 season player concerns kick in on all players above the league average. Long term managers are then rewarded for having the chance to buy messi's ronaldo's. the only way teams wouldn't be susceptible is if they are playing in excellent filled leagues. Encouraging managers incentive/challenge for sticking around longer than 1 season[/quote']

Best suggestion I've read on this thread' date=' can see little for anyone to disagree with.[/quote']

Seconded, let's get it in and save the game.

I'm going to go off a tangent here and leave the main topic for others to discuss so I can hear other views.

How do you stop one or two teams from holding on to all of the high rated players? Concerns? We've tried to tighten them up but were faced with a backlash. My view? I'd remove the option to Address Concern. Make concerns harsher? You'll get split views on that. Change ratings? Could work and should work.

For example you have a 90 rated striker who never plays and he goes to L1 due to Lack of Games. At the same time his rating drops to 89 (90). The first figure is his rating in that GW and the latter is what it should be. Each time they go up a level it drops one. Simple.

Could this be taken further? Possibly. For example you have an 85 rated 19 year old. You never play him due to his rating but you want to keep hold of him as you know he could be the next best thing since sliced bread. What happens if you start giving him a few games and he performs well? He rises to an 86 rated and continue to perform and ends up as an 87 rated (obviously would have some sort of cap in place for rises / decreases etc). Could be a useful squad player for you then and that means you might release your joe average 87 rated squad player.

The above would need some thought but it could work and it would make each GW different. Could even free up some players for others to buy and would give you something to think about.

That is a very good idea, well thought out, this would work well if and when they introduce the (real life) squad limits ie 25(1st team)

i for one am fed up of joining a gw and having a first 11 of 89 playing against 93/94 teams and having no 91+ players available in the transfer markets..the concerns seemed to of tightened somewhat but this is a great idea.

Though i must admit it is nice knocking the Bigger Clubs off their perches with my low averaged squads..