Sign in to follow this  
antondrobnjak

To SW Adm / Player position change

I've enough of theese wrong player position changes. Last nonsense occurred with new Arsenal's right back Calum Chambers:

from

D,DM,M,OM®

to

D(RC),DM(C) (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

He is a right back/right wing player. He can't play at central positions. Who's the changes inspector?

The following schedule is for you. You should check Chamber's positions.

http://www.transfermarkt.it/calum-chambers/profil/spieler/215118

JMH, are you here?

This is why I have choosen to BOYCOTT SoccerWiki.

Re: To SW Adm / Player position change

I've enough of theese wrong player position changes. Last nonsense occurred with new Arsenal's right back Calum Chambers:

from

D' date='DM,M,OM®

to

D(RC),DM(C) (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

He is a right back/right wing player. He can't play at central positions. Who's the changes inspector?

The following schedule is for you. You should check Chamber's positions.

http://www.transfermarkt.it/calum-chambers/profil/spieler/215118

JMH, are you here?

This is why I have choosen to BOYCOTT SoccerWiki.

He's been playing CB for Arsenal, so Arsene Wenger disagrees with you

Riferimento: Re: To SW Adm / Player position change

Its funny as the link you provided states:

Main position:

Right-Back

Secondary positions:

Centre Back

Defensive Midfield

Exactly as SM have it.

This is a funny thing for me. In the morning transfermarkt was showing Calum Chambers as a D' date='DM,M,OM®.

Now they are showing him as a D(RC),DM(C). So nonsense belongs to transfermakt too: maybe Chambers played preseason as CB but this shouldn't be enough to change his skills. There are lot of player without changing position and playing sometimes different from SW position description.

For example Blaszczykowski played as a left wing but no changes occurred; Mandzukic can play all forward positions but he is F(RC) only; Mangala can play all defensive positions but he is D(RC) only; Asamoah plays often as LB but his SW position didn't change.

At the same time, I think that is not a good idea to delete position to other players: for example I think Gareth Bale remember how to play as LB too...

At the end of this I will continue to BOYCOTT SoccerWiki sys.

Re: Riferimento: Re: To SW Adm / Player position change

This is a funny thing for me. In the morning transfermarkt was showing Calum Chambers as a D' date='DM,M,OM®.

Now they are showing him as a D(RC),DM(C). So nonsense belongs to transfermakt too: maybe Chambers played preseason as CB but this shouldn't be enough to change his skills. There are lot of player without changing position and playing sometimes different from SW position description.

For example Blaszczykowski played as a left wing but no changes occurred; Mandzukic can play all forward positions but he is F(RC) only; Mangala can play all defensive positions but he is D(RC) only; Asamoah plays often as LB but his SW position didn't change.

At the same time, I think that is not a good idea to delete position to other players: for example I think Gareth Bale remember how to play as LB too...

Mangala never played right back.

Bale hasn't played left back in ages. It makes sense to remove that position... since he isn't considered for it in real life.

Chambers has played centre back for England U-19 and also for Arsenal in the short time he has been there.

I do agree that there's no consistency though, with other players not having the same attention and having updates.

Re: Riferimento: Re: To SW Adm / Player position change

So transfermarkt is wrong, SW is wrong and Arsene Wenger is wrong? Am I right in assuming this is what you are saying? How incredibly arrogant of you.

Riferimento: Re: Riferimento: Re: To SW Adm / Player position change

So transfermarkt is wrong' date=' SW is wrong and Arsene Wenger is wrong? Am I right in assuming this is what you are saying? How incredibly arrogant of you.[/quote']

If I have to answer with arrogance to SW arrogance, so I'm arrogant.

I've never said transfermarkt is wrong: I said it is not appropriate to change a player' position if he plays a new position for few games/preseason games/in case of emergency.

It is very frequent to managers to put a player in an unusual position when they ended substitution or they are in deficiency of players before a game (injuries, bans, etc.). But I think that 2-3 games are not enough to complete re-skill a player.

I remeber: what about Kwadwo Asamoah playing a whole 3 seasons as left defender in a 4 back defence/left def midfielder in a 5 midfield? He is LDM yet only.. so what to do?

At the opposite, what about last Brasil-Colombia WC game with columbian Captain Mario Yepes playing as forward while Colombia was trying to score the draw in the last minutes of the game? Is Yepes in for a fwd add? Right no.

Riferimento: To SW Adm / Player position change

Why doesn't SW add the central forward position to Atletico's Raul Garcia?

He has played lot of minutes (about 90) as CF last spanish Supercup match.

Answer to me if you have one. :rolleyes:

Look at here:

http://www.marca.com/eventos/marcador/futbol/2014/supercopa_espana/final/ida/rma_atm/

Riferimento: To SW Adm / Player position change

So Chambers played in his own position -D,DM,M,OM®- in his last EPL game saturday. Why not to back him to -D,DM,M,OM®-?

You could took an easy way last august changing it: keep all his right positions and ADD new -D,DM©-. I think was a better idea than yours.

There are a lot of players with 6-7 position. Why Chambers cannot have it?

Re: To SW Adm / Player position change

Hi everyone. I've been dedicating to Soccerwiki, instead of being on forum. However now I see that I should have discussed with people here. I'm very annoyed with incoherent changes that has been added to the game on the last weeks, and I hope we can bring effective criteria to position changes, keeping SM an enjoyable good game.

Many gamers would being frustrated with unsuspecting changes in real position of players. I've just lost a match today with the removal of the LWB/LM position of Jeremy Mathieu that was playing on midfield in one of my teams. I know he's having a lack of games in Barcelona, and almost always playing as central left defender, but he's not a full left back. Always played on midfield, even for France National, and it's irresponsible voting up this withdraw of position, when there's still not a full season that he haven't been playing on midfield. This guy just don't play as midfielder on Barcelona, because you know they need defenders, and the squad is full of midfielders. It doesn't mean Luis Enrique couldn't use him on MF in a 3-4-3 as Adriano played many times at Guardiola times.

I wish things turn a better way, and editors have more sense and a defined criteria to these strange SW changes.