Is reporting illeagal transfers broken?

dafreaking

So when I click on "illegal" to report transfers I am presented with a screen to write my report. After writing the report I get an acknowledgement saying we have received your request. But there is no longer and record of it under the help section of the SMFA, and I can report the transfer again, earlier on once reported one wasn't able to report it again.

Re: Is reporting illeagal transfers broken?

So when I click on "illegal" to report transfers I am presented with a screen to write my report. After writing the report I get an acknowledgement saying we have received your request. But there is no longer and record of it under the help section of the SMFA' date=' and I can report the transfer again, earlier on once reported one wasn't able to report it again.[/quote']

Cheaters are running wild at SM. Hope they can stop them, but they don´t care, or something is very wrong with those guys. :mad:

So when I click on "illegal" to report transfers I am presented with a screen to write my report. After writing the report I get an acknowledgement saying we have received your request. But there is no longer and record of it under the help section of the SMFA' date=' and I can report the transfer again, earlier on once reported one wasn't able to report it again.[/quote']

Same here! None of my reports are archived. Illegal managers/cheating seems to work though, but none of the deals are reversed!

• 3 weeks later...

Cheating is ridiculous at the moment. I've played this game for a long time and it's the worst I've ever seen it!!

I keep reporting dodgy deals numerous times but nothing seems to be happening. Duplicate accounts are just all over the place and ruining perfectly good competitive game worlds...

Your best bet is to send a bug ticket to SM, they will probably say there is no bug but unless one of the devs stumble across this thread you are not likely to find out otherwise.

I tried reporting this as a bug, explaining the illegal transfer button doesn't seem to be reporting things properly and explaining the cheating and they just replied back saying there was no bug and this wasn't a development issue.

They're either ignoring the bug or ignoring the cheating...

i've reported several cheating players over last few weeks and SM have done absolutely nothing about it - also, I dont get the e-mails i use to recieve to my mailbox anymore.

This leaves me wondering if there is an actual problem with the cheating reporting system, or has SM just given up caring whatsoever.

I'd like to know which, as I'm about to do my yearly review's on many gaming sites, and if SM really just doesn't care anymore, then I'll be sure to make sure everyone knows about it - also obviously I will have to look at how I play the game myself, as I cannot compete with the amount of cheating going on in some of my game worlds.

I have worked very very hard to make some amazing teams, buying and selling players (risers) to created the income to make Charlton a top team in my game worlds, however, SM have now pumped up the wages on these players that i'm being forced to sell off players - so the game is penalizing me for putting in the effort and playing fair, meanwhile SM let's managers cheat all over the place (there not even being careful about it, in one of my game world, the guy's actually using the same name for his multi accounts!!!!).

This use to be the best game on the internet, and i've had the deep sadness of watching it go from great, to good, to bad, and now it's getting close to the pit's really. Such a shame. I still love the game, but seems that SM dont actually love the game anymore

The worst part is that once you allow cheating to go on, then people get more confident, and then others join in just to compete, and soon the whole thing get's beyond a joke - i've seen some game worlds totally ruined this way, and have quit them in the past, but now it's just prevalent all over, and SM do nothing - even when you take the time to do there job of investigating all the details for them, they still do nothing at all.

Maybe my reviews this year should be on how to play SM in accordance to there current rules (ie: none), and just tell the whole gaming community that it's a total free ride, simply get an ip switcheroo, create as many game names as you like and completely rip the cr*p out of a game world and make it your own, as everyone else will just leave you to it anyway.

totally gutted

I tried reporting this as a bug' date=' explaining the illegal transfer button doesn't seem to be reporting things properly and explaining the cheating and they just replied back saying there was no bug and this wasn't a development issue.

They're either ignoring the bug or ignoring the cheating...[/quote']

i've reported several cheating players over last few weeks and SM have done absolutely nothing about it - also' date=' I dont get the e-mails i use to recieve to my mailbox anymore.[/quote']

I would speculate that SM have just changed the Help section so that any ticket you send about cheating is for their eyes only, rather than yours. They never gave details about their decision anyway so this would not surprise me

I'd like to know which' date=' as I'm about to do my yearly review's on many gaming sites, and if SM really just doesn't care anymore, then I'll be sure to make sure everyone knows about it - also obviously I will have to look at how I play the game myself, as I cannot compete with the amount of cheating going on in some of my game worlds.

I have worked very very hard to make some amazing teams, buying and selling players (risers) to created the income to make Charlton a top team in my game worlds, however, SM have now pumped up the wages on these players that i'm being forced to sell off players - so the game is penalizing me for putting in the effort and playing fair, meanwhile SM let's managers cheat all over the place (there not even being careful about it, in one of my game world, the guy's actually using the same name for his multi accounts!!!!).

This use to be the best game on the internet, and i've had the deep sadness of watching it go from great, to good, to bad, and now it's getting close to the pit's really. Such a shame. I still love the game, but seems that SM dont actually love the game anymore

The worst part is that once you allow cheating to go on, then people get more confident, and then others join in just to compete, and soon the whole thing get's beyond a joke - i've seen some game worlds totally ruined this way, and have quit them in the past, but now it's just prevalent all over, and SM do nothing - even when you take the time to do there job of investigating all the details for them, they still do nothing at all.

Maybe my reviews this year should be on how to play SM in accordance to there current rules (ie: none), and just tell the whole gaming community that it's a total free ride, simply get an ip switcheroo, create as many game names as you like and completely rip the cr*p out of a game world and make it your own, as everyone else will just leave you to it anyway.

totally gutted[/quote']

I have had about ten teams for a while now and as far as I am aware there is little or no cheating going on in all five gameworlds. Joking, ten gameworlds. :)

I will ask one of the devs to comment on what you have said though as it does feel like there is less focus on cheat prevention than there once was. To be fair SM are working hard, I believe, on other areas of the game and they have limited resources.

I can't promise that they will respond directly or on here but hopefully they will.

I will ask one of the devs to comment on what you have said though as it does feel like there is less focus on cheat prevention than there once was. To be fair SM are working hard' date=' I believe, on other areas of the game and they have limited resources.

I can't promise that they will respond directly or on here but hopefully they will.[/quote']

I understand they are currently working very hard. But wouldn't you agree that you should still keep what has made your name (money) to thousands upon thousands of people the main draw to new people (potential money pigs)?

I jest with the first line as at the end of the day this is now a real strong business, but it's discouraging to see that SM will pick and choose what they want to work on, and the ones who use the multiplayer platform aren't really that interesting currently.

With in keeping of this thread, I've reported deal after deal lately as cheating is rife in gameworlds, which in turn then leads to people leaving game worlds because no action is ever taken.

Like I said if SM actually put more resources in to what made their money they'd have less agro and less unhappy loyal customers.

I understand they are currently working very hard. But wouldn't you agree that you should still keep what has made your name (money) to thousands upon thousands of people the main draw to new people (potential money pigs)?

Yes I agree with that but I cannot agree that the main draw of the game is the cheat prevention system. It is the game' date=' in my opinion. This is what SM are working on - the match engine.

I am not saying that the CPS is not an important part of keeping the game but with limited resources I would rather see SM working on the match engine (something neglected pretty much since day one) rather than the CPS (which has improved massively since the game started).

I jest with the first line as at the end of the day this is now a real strong business, but it's discouraging to see that SM will pick and choose what they want to work on, and the ones who use the multiplayer platform aren't really that interesting currently.

I am not sure I follow this comment.

SM are not a particularly strong business in financial terms. I haven't checked in a while. On that basis they do have limited resources as far as I am aware. Very.

With in keeping of this thread' date=' I've reported deal after deal lately as cheating is rife in gameworlds, which in turn then leads to people leaving game worlds because no action is ever taken.[/quote']

If there was indisputable evidence of cheating then obviously I cannot defend SM's actions (or lack of) here.

I have some sympathy with SM generally in that in most cases there is not usually more than circumstantial evidence (sometimes a lot) that there is cheating.

It is an absolute nightmare to police transfers. I know many people think some transfers I have done are illegitimate. I know for a fact this is not the case. If SM acted on the coincidences they are informed of, I would be furious. No doubt the other parties are seething at SM for not booting me out.

Like I said if SM actually put more resources in to what made their money they'd have less agro and less unhappy loyal customers.

I am not sure that cheat prevention, presumably to retain existing customer, is the best way of generating revenue. This is the problem SM have though - everyone has their opinion about what is important. Who is right about what makes SM the most revenue though? Us or SM? I would be pretty surprised if they picked options that contradicted the polls and data they have collated over the years.

I sound like I am defending SM a lot here and I apologise for that as I do think the CPS is in massive need of improvement but I do have some sympathy for them.

The following is from a Game Update in May:

Over the past few months we have listened to our communities feedback regarding the SMFA. Along with this feedback we have also analysed the reports that have come in in great detail. Due to this we have made numerous changes to the SMFA that will address the concerns that our community has raised and it will also by more dynamic and tailored to specific Game Worlds as we understand that each one is different.

We are still listening to our communities feedback re the SMFA and make small adjustments based on this information.

The following is from a Game Update in May:

We are still listening to our communities feedback re the SMFA and make small adjustments based on this information.

SMFA is the problem with cheating. Soccerwiki is the problem with the sluggish ratings. SM is the problem with the match engine. Lets make this a three problem ball juggle game, forget football.

• 2 weeks later...

This is happening for me now. Two of the deals i have reported is in the help section but the others aren't.

One of the two is now closed with the comments stating that action has been taken against the clubs however the deals have not been reversed and the managers are still in charge of the respective clubs. What action will of been taken?

This is happening for me now. Two of the deals i have reported is in the help section but the others aren't.

One of the two is now closed with the comments stating that action has been taken against the clubs however the deals have not been reversed and the managers are still in charge of the respective clubs. What action will of been taken?

Naff all as SM are useless at dealing cheats :rolleyes:

Naff all as SM are useless at dealing cheats :rolleyes:

I have had a lot of problems with cheaters. Two of my threads on the subject are http://forum.soccermanager.com/showthread.php?t=169820 and http://forum.soccermanager.com/showthread.php?t=160960

The first thread is about the same manager that is now doing illegal transfers with yet another club.

We are all being treated with contempt. In a nutshell, they do not give a flying hoot as long as the cheats are paying to use the game. The simple answer to this is to vote with your wallets and stop paying to use the service. I will happily pay to use a service until I realise that my money isn't respected in which case I would rather use that service in a fashion that costs the provider money for me to use - as a freeloader.

There is blatant cheating going on in a game world I am in. I have reported the transfers in question twice to no avail, the person has even admitted to cheating via the messaging facility when I tackled them on it. What happened then? The PM vanishes from my inbox, removing that evidence and brushing it under the carpet.

The person in question, Abdi Saputra, took over Manchester United on the 21st of September. On the same day another three people (also conveniently from Indonesia, one of which has the same surname) sign up as managers of Fulham, Sunderland and Aston Villa. The other 3 teams then proceed to sign the lesser players for vastly inflated sums - Ferdinand £11m, Cleverly £23m, Kagawa £32m. Then today another Abdi Saputra joins up with Peterborough and bids a whopping £61m for Van Persie!?!

It's not a vastly competitive game world, my Liverpool team are unbeaten for almost 30 matches. I have a strong first team but as soon as any of my starting 11 get injured or suspended my next best player is only 82 rated. Many of the top players are at external clubs. Off the back of the dodgy dealings above the cheat has used the funds to buy Ronaldo. In a game world where top players are at external clubs, alarm bells should be ringing when people would rather sign Kagawa than a 95/96 rated player.

What will become of this? Sweet FA (I do not mean Football Association). Even IF they reverse those deals, it's still freed up funds for them to buy Ronaldo (from an external club) which cannot be reported!?!?!

Disgusted. I even PM'd a Dev a few days back and was ignored completely. I have PM'd them again and made sure I ticked read receipt and have it in my sent items. If it's ignored again I shall screen grab that and post it on here.

As a Union rep I will not let this rest.

The fact he had the audacity to acknowledge cheating in a PM and it vanishing is completely unacceptable.

What I find annoying about such situations is the other side of the coin. I made some legitimate deals in a reasonably competitive EC with another manager who is in many of my custom set ups with me and the deal was flagged as suspicious by a jealous manager and was subsequently reversed and I am now banned from doing future deals with this manager.

This does not end there however, as we will now be labelled as cheats, if we try and do deals in other set ups they will be blocked by the SMFA and if we wanted to join another English Championship together whichever of us applied after the other would be rejected as the likelihood would be a message would come up saying something along the lines of " you already are linked to an account in this Game World."

How is this fair? I fail to see what is wrong with the following deals:

His Sergio Ramos for my Schweinsteiger + Nastasic + a couple of million.

His Suarez for my Falcao + Draxler.

I needed to reduce my depth due to concerns and he needed to increase his depth. Now neither of these deals are one sided so why does the SMFA side with a jealous manager and reverse legitimate deals yet fial to be able to eke out blatant cheats?

What I find annoying about such situations is the other side of the coin. I made some legitimate deals in a reasonably competitive EC with another manager who is in many of my custom set ups with me and the deal was flagged as suspicious by a jealous manager and was subsequently reversed and I am now banned from doing future deals with this manager.

This does not end there however' date=' as we will now be labelled as cheats, if we try and do deals in other set ups they will be blocked by the SMFA and if we wanted to join another English Championship together whichever of us applied after the other would be rejected as the likelihood would be a message would come up saying something along the lines of " you already are linked to an account in this Game World."

How is this fair? I fail to see what is wrong with the following deals:

His Sergio Ramos for my Schweinsteiger + Nastasic + a couple of million.

His Suarez for my Falcao + Draxler.

I needed to reduce my depth due to concerns and he needed to increase his depth. Now neither of these deals are one sided so why does the SMFA side with a jealous manager and reverse legitimate deals yet fial to be able to eke out blatant cheats?[/font']

I have only ever had 1 deal reversed and as you say, that was in a competitive GW - WC10000.

Those deals seem very fair. Suarez heading for a rise, Falcoa treading water due to injury and needing to substantiate his current rating with a riser, Draxler, as a sweeter.

Ramos (joint highest rated defender) for an older utility central midfield player plus Nastasic (stalled talent) and cash!?!

They need to sort their stuff out. IP logs are the main thing, they just don't seem prepared, or able, to perform them and common sense doesn't apply.

Soccer Manager was built by our community - in terms of why and how it launched, grew and currently operates. This is still the case and nothing has changed. We listen to all constructive feedback and this helps drive your game forward. There are many areas of the multiplayer game that we have recently addressed, are currently addressing or will be addressing. The SMFA falls into all three categories.

As per Graham's post earlier in this thread we made changes to the SMFA based on your feedback as we have done in the past. We will continue to listen to you re this area of the game and make changes based on this as well as our own findings.

I'm just going quote Steve...

I have some sympathy with SM generally in that in most cases there is not usually more than circumstantial evidence (sometimes a lot) that there is cheating.

It is an absolute nightmare to police transfers. I know many people think some transfers I have done are illegitimate. I know for a fact this is not the case. If SM acted on the coincidences they are informed of' date=' I would be furious. No doubt the other parties are seething at SM for not booting me out.[/quote']

...because this is valid. A lot of the transfers that I review (when looking at ways to improve the SMFA) fall under this umbrella. It is one manager reporting a transfer because they're jealous that they missed out, think it's cheating because it looks one sided / a transfer they wouldn't personally do etc. Now put yourself in the position of doing a transfer and you get the better deal and due to this someone reports the transfer. Would you be happy if all of a sudden that was reversed? The person who reported it is happy because what they deemed as an illegal transfer has been reversed. However, you aren't happy because what you believed to be a legitimate transfer has been reversed. Switch the outcome to one that we didn't reverse the transfer and the person reporting it is then unhappy because we didn't act on their report of an illegal transfer. Without knowing the full details of Matt's post, but you could probably use his experience as an example of what i'm referring to.

Now think about all of this for one minute and then ask yourself what constitutes a legitimate transfer? Is it one that you're happy with as you've got one over the manager you're dealing with? If this is the case then someone might report this as an illegal transfer because it's one sided or one that they wouldn't do themselves. That is just one example and there are many others that you could use and when you start doing using examples yourself and thinking about it, you start to realise just how big of a problem this is from both sides of the coin. That is why on occasions we will not take instant action but will closely monitor their activity in the transfer market and if there is a pattern emerging, only then will we take the appropriate action. However, if there is overwhelming evidence in the first instance then we will take the appropriate action.

Also people have to realise that the SMFA is an automated system that has been programmed to take into account many factors and it is not an individual or a group of people reviewing the 10s of 1,000s of transfers that are processed on a daily basis.

Soccer Manager was built by our community - in terms of why and how it launched' date=' grew and currently operates. This is still the case and nothing has changed. We listen to all constructive feedback and this helps drive your game forward. There are many areas of the multiplayer game that we have recently addressed, are currently addressing or will be addressing. The SMFA falls into all three categories.

As per Graham's post earlier in this thread we made changes to the SMFA based on your feedback as we have done in the past. We will continue to listen to you re this area of the game and make changes based on this as well as our own findings.

I'm just going quote Steve...

...because this is valid. A lot of the transfers that I review (when looking at ways to improve the SMFA) fall under this umbrella. It is one manager reporting a transfer because they're jealous that they missed out, think it's cheating because it looks one sided / a transfer they wouldn't personally do etc. Now put yourself in the position of doing a transfer and you get the better deal and due to this someone reports the transfer. Would you be happy if all of a sudden that was reversed? The person who reported it is happy because what they deemed as an illegal transfer has been reversed. However, you aren't happy because what you believed to be a legitimate transfer has been reversed. Switch the outcome to one that we didn't reverse the transfer and the person reporting it is then unhappy because we didn't act on their report of an illegal transfer. Without knowing the full details of Matt's post, but you could probably use his experience as an example of what i'm referring to.

Now think about all of this for one minute and then ask yourself what constitutes a legitimate transfer? Is it one that you're happy with as you've got one over the manager you're dealing with? If this is the case then someone might report this as an illegal transfer because it's one sided or one that they wouldn't do themselves. That is just one example and there are many others that you could use and when you start doing using examples yourself and thinking about it, you start to realise just how big of a problem this is from both sides of the coin. That is why on occasions we will not take instant action but will closely monitor their activity in the transfer market and if there is a pattern emerging, only then will we take the appropriate action. However, if there is overwhelming evidence in the first instance then we will take the appropriate action.

Also people have to realise that the SMFA is an automated system that has been programmed to take into account many factors and it is not an individual or a group of people reviewing the 10s of 1,000s of transfers that are processed on a daily basis.

I do see your point and no doubt it can be difficult to judge from the outside. It's a shame that something can't be put in place for individual game worlds to help the SMFA. As maybe an option for game worlds that largely consist of social groups, be it friends or forum run ones.

I know that the game world i have had the most trouble with is one i have been in for a very long time with a large group of friends. The latest cheating has come from two cousins who work with another manager, this manager has openly said that he is bored and will happily give out the best players to these two cousins. This goes along with one of the cousins openly saying that he has created multiple accounts and taken over unmanaged teams to buy his fridge players for large amounts of money, giving him a nice nest egg.

I know all of this because the three work with two of my friends who have told me but the SMFA obviously won't know it. To me and my friends the deals look very under valued on their own but i can see why the SMFA might not act upon some of them without the back ground info.

• 3 weeks later...

A very nice new attempt to cheat in the game world i am in by a serial offender.

Within 30 minutes of a brand new account being created and taking over an unmanaged side in the game world they have bid and had accepted a £10 million offer for Jorge Burgui!!!

A player worth £2.4 million, plays for Real Madrid II and not exactly a hyped up youth player.

This deal is being done by a manager who has openly admitted to creating accounts in the past with the sole purpose of syphoning off money into his main account. It is not a case of me being jealous that someone else is getting Burgui or because it is a deal that i wouldn't do. I wouldn't do the deal but my reasoning is that he has openly admitted to cheating in the past and this deal is obviously cheating, even a blind man could see it! He has had a couple of fake accounts kicked out of game worlds yet his main account still remains in the game world.

Reported the deal with little confidence in anything happening, especially after reporting both clubs and getting an instant message back to say insufficient evidence.

I quite admire your persistence :P

Haha if it wasn't a game world that had most of my mates in then i would just leave.

I have looked on the SMFA help tab and my report isn't listed, i can also report the deal many times over. Does this mean that the report function is no longer working?

Haha if it wasn't a game world that had most of my mates in then i would just leave.

I have looked on the SMFA help tab and my report isn't listed' date=' i can also report the deal many times over. Does this mean that the report function is no longer working?[/quote']

That would be my assumption