Luke Freeman- Only 15, now on the DB.

Luke Freedman, date of birth = 22nd March 1992. Rated 69.

Has not appeared in the league this season. This is the news from BBC:

The Football Association have confirmed that Gillingham striker Luke Freeman has become the youngest player ever to appear in the FA Cup proper.

At 15 years and 233 days, he came on for the last seven minutes of their 2-1 defeat to Barnet, breaking the record of Derby's Lee Holmes by 44 days.

He has also become Gillingham's youngest ever player, beating Billy Hughes' record by 26 days.

"It was a special moment for me and one I will always remember," said Freeman.

"The gaffer called me into his office leading up to the game and I was expecting him to perhaps say well done on some of my recent performances, I never expected him to give me my chance with the first team."

The youngest player to appear in any round of the FA Cup (including qualifying rounds) is Andy Awford, who played for Oxford City in a third qualifying round tie against Boreham Wood in October 1987 - aged 15 years and 88 days.

• 1 month later...

Re: Luke Freeman- Only 15, now on the DB.

Arsenal will buy anyone that moves and is Underage

Stokes dident make it at arsenal even after destroing the SPL after a few weeks

This young lad will never get close to the arsenal first team & even if he does he will be Sold

Look at Bendtnar, Other top European teams what him and yet he doesnt start for arsenal & even when he does he Scores

Arsenal will buy anyone that moves and is Underage

Stokes dident make it at arsenal even after destroing the SPL after a few weeks

This young lad will never get close to the arsenal first team & even if he does he will be Sold

Look at Bendtnar' date=' Other top European teams what him and yet he doesnt start for arsenal & even when he does he Scores[/quote']

Regarding Stokes... you must admit that there is a bit of a gap when it comes to the level of the SPL & the BPL. He may have scored a lot of goals for Falkirk but that wouldn't translate into him being able to do the same in the BPL. Hes barely cutting it at Sunderland what more for Arsenal where there are better options.

As to Freeman, hes still only 15, anything could happen later on and that includes him making the first-team, who knows. Even if he doesn't make it, he would of gotten a good footballing education at Arsenal. This is if he really does end up at Arsenal. :D

Bendtner... his goal was always to break into the Arsenal first-team. Hes still only 19, his time will come and with the sub appearance here and there with the occasional start, hes being brought in slowly.

see, this is the problem with the british game. a club like gillingham have an allegedly very talented player

he's 15 years old and has barely played for them and already arsenal are sniffing around, he hasnt even signed a contract at the gills, he could move onto arsenal before doing anything for the club, getting them no transfer fee and will spend the next 4 years not playing any football of consequence. then will drift around a few loans, if he's good enough, then probably do nothing with his career.

when he could have spent a good few years playing competitive football, and earn the gills a few million quid.

really sad state of affairs :(

2nd Below, Thats what i was trying to get at.

Sure Freeman Will get Better "Education" At Arsenal, But At What Cost?

He Wont get In the Reserve Team, Which means He Will Be Playing With less Qaulity Week In Week Out As Opposed to Be In The Fringes of League 1 Football.

Anyway He Might Make it, But i was Using Stokes As An Example All the International Striker in the SPL were Dwarfd by Stokes Boyd,Miller,Hessielink the list goes on but all Arsenal Wanted to do was take the money.

At Stokes Age He Should Still Be At Arsenal But Like I said all they Want Ever Want is Money (If they had an offer of 5/6 million Euro for Freeman ive no doubt they would sell him & use it to go towards a better striker)

• 3 weeks later...

why the **** does he get a rep point when i already said he was going to arsenal AGES ago!

god some people make me angry!

Yer but Joel does it matter, me and you both knew he was going form Ellis but other people didn't know uuntil it actually happened so you lost out on the rep point but introduced him to the forum 1st. Go on add him to your finder of: etc

we dont get on at the moment anyway m8 so forget it

anyway people always rep others instead of me thats y the rep system is b**********s!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Joel i never used to get repped at all until i started to respect other peoples views as well and post long good quality posts and not jus little ones.

And very fuuny Tom but you live in the Midlands And El plays for Gills long journey to see a not v. good team mate lol

m8 dont rep me

i werent having a go at you its just no1 takes notice of posts that i do for example shelbs repped me for a great talent i found but he was the only 1 to notice and the guys gonna be a QUALITY keeper!

Because he was already mentioned by Leigh or someone else :confused:

He didn't mention the full name