The Basement Version II - The Returning.

Matt72

Re: The Basement Version II - The Returning.

First of all i NEVER had more than 5 external bids, NEVER. I would like to know where people saw the 6th bid. However i did have a internal bid, i thought that the rule only counts for external as the rule is to avoid to monopolise the market.. That was my bad, im sorry. I withdrew one bid, It was never my intention to break any rules.

Btw ONLY 1 bid of mine was against another manager, the other players i was the only one to bid on, so i dont know why people here want my head on a plate :). Anyway Matt i will take any punishment if you think its required, sorry for the trouble.

I have spent 20m on Adebayor and Demichelis' date=' both first team players and will be long term in regards to the length of the set up.

Now if people want to squander there budget on players rated 86 next season or 87 the season after in the hope they rise sufficiently in the remaining 10 months of the set up to warrant a first team place in there sides then more fool them.

Strengthen the first team now, sell off my dead wood to recoup what I have spent and I am in as strong a position as most.[/font']

I was going to spend 10million on Demichelis but pulled out earlier today so I could spend an extra 5 (to 15) on Mathieu and 5 on someone else....

First of all i NEVER had more than 5 external bids' date=' NEVER. I would like to know where people saw the 6th bid. However i did have a internal bid, i thought that the rule only counts for external as the rule is to avoid to monopolise the market.. That was my bad, im sorry. I withdrew one bid, It was never my intention to break any rules.

Btw ONLY 1 bid of mine was against another manager, the other players i was the only one to bid on, so i dont know why people here want my head on a plate :). Anyway Matt i will take any punishment if you think its required, sorry for the trouble. [/font']

There is no where in the rules where it stipulates 5 external bids at any one time and the internal bids are exempt from this rule. It states 5 bids at any one time so it is safe to assume that is all bids.

Since you now have bids in line with the rules I will discuss what punishment is befitting with Noisy and Ashtini.

SEVILLA have an accepted bid for Heiko Westermann and also Scherrer Maxwell, who was my back up bid in case I didn't get Mathieu.

these 2 fill the 2 positions I was weak in.

2 more bids on players I hope to get but it wont be a disaster if I don't get them, after that I will probably wait a while until the external offers come in to get my full quota of transfers sorted.

sorry' date=' what has happened?[/quote']

Μe and him made offers for tim howard. He made a 12 million offer,i made a 7 million offer. When the offers were accepted and i could see the amount of money he gave i withdrawed my offer. He withdrawed his offer too and now he's offering less money as now i'm out of money! Smart move but "dirty" to me. Acceptable, that's the way business is made...

Really really bad tactic' date=' as the other offers are accepted i can't give much money for Howard right now. Just a really "dirty" way to get players mate,although it's acceptable.:eek::mad:[/quote']

Dirty? but how? I bid quite late because I've been sleeping during half of the time. At morning I've to go out like everybody else. I came back and made the bids considering there'll be lot of competition. But it was not. So I cancelled the deal. Don't see anything bad or dirty in it :confused:

Dirty? but how? I bid quite late because I've been sleeping during half of the time. At morning I've to go out like everybody else. I came back and made the bids considering there'll be lot of competition. But it was not. So I cancelled the deal. Don't see anything bad or dirty in it :confused:

Οh i thought it was different. Sorry, you're right there's nothing dirty with it.:P

Μe and him made offers for tim howard. He made a 12 million offer' date='i made a 7 million offer. When the offers were accepted and i could see the amount of money he gave i withdrawed my offer. He withdrawed his offer too and now he's offering less money as now i'm out of money! Smart move but "dirty" to me. Acceptable, that's the way business is made...[/quote']

but know he has given others 24 hours to bid and he might not get him this time around.

I don't see a problem in doing this but it is a risk ,especially now that he has advertised it in capital letters, a safe 90 for the 5 seasons we have until we can buy another 90 is worth paying 12m for if you don't already have a decent gk.

but know he has given others 24 hours to bid and he might not get him this time around.

I don't see a problem in doing this but it is a risk ' date='especially now that he has advertised it in capital letters, a safe 90 for the 5 seasons we have until we can buy another 90 is worth paying 12m for if you don't already have a decent gk.[/quote']

Υeah, my mistake,sorry:o

I don't see a problem in doing this but it is a risk ' date='especially now that he has advertised it in capital letters, a safe 90 for the 5 seasons we have until we can buy another 90 is worth paying 12m for if you don't already have a decent gk.[/quote']

The bolded bid was canceled ages ago. btw I bid on him as a backup plan as I have my eye on someone else. And considering my first choice keeper even getting a 88 would be great :P

Olympiakos.png

BREAKING NEWS: Oribe Peralta Arrive in Greece For Olympiakos Medical

mex-cam-3.jpg

The 30 Year old Mexican striker and one of the stars of the Mexican world cup venture has agreed Terms and is set to finalise a move to the Greek side for an Undisclosed fee from Club America in Mexico. The Prolific goalscorer will add more quality up top for the Greek side along with Saviola and Dominguez already at the club. Justice hopes with his goal scoring ability and eye for goal he will be a welcome addition to his squad and be successful in Europe like he has been in Mexico. the fee is thought to be in the region of £5.0 Million which for a striker of his quality could be a small price to pay for goals!

Apologies for my over zealous bidding...I actually didn't read the rules properly just thinking we were allowed to sign up 5 players so I made a few extra bids and was going to cut the wheat from the chaff accordingly, those 8 bids I made came to 65m anyway so it was impossible for me to sign more than 3 anyway the way I was going about the business...

Anyway thanks to the people who warned me about it as I was able to rectify the situation all in good time..i didn't mean any harm or trying to get an advantage by it, I am a good loyal manager to GWs as my history shows I stick with the majority of my clubs unless its a GW that ends up going rotten for whatever reason. :o

Happy to get the 3 and only players I wanted :) besides Mathieu for whom 15 mil is too much lol.

Looks like Clint Dempsey, Alessandro Matri, and Sebastian Kehl will be joining Genoa.. Think I bid 15,000,001 for Kehl and Ajax bid 15,000,000 :D so what a difference a dollar/euro makes :D

Happy to get the 3 and only players I wanted :) besides Mathieu for whom 15 mil is too much lol.

Looks like Clint Dempsey' date=' Alessandro Matri, and Sebastian Kehl will be joining Genoa.. Think I bid 15,000,001 for Kehl and Ajax bid 15,000,000 :D so what a difference a dollar/euro makes :D[/quote']

so you are willing to pay 15mill on Kehl but not Mathieu?

:P

I see everyone is repeated my +1000 $ strategy, but doing it in SM for couple years now lol ;)

so your welcome :D

Thanks to all of the managers betting on me Rubin Kazan to get relegated. If I stay in Div 1 I should get a percentage of your betting losses :P

Same for me haha' date=' i dont know how Noisy made those odds up, but seems that people are sticking with him and betting for my Cruzeiro relegation, its fun to watch, im hoping to prove them wrong ;)[/font']

I'll try to work on an un- commissioned Season Preview, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to come close to finish. So I will start with Cruziero in Division 1.

Cruziero

This squad managed by PWND is a rather weak but has the potential to surprise the opposition they face in Division 1. The core of this squad is Brazilian, creating strong harmony between the players. PWND has made a splash in this transfer window, obtaining Nigerian goalkeeper Vincent Enyeama, Cristian Ledesma, and Fred for a combined 21million ; however, Cruzeiro face a transfer ban due to a steroids scandal.

Key Man - Vincent Enyeama

vincent-enyeama3.jpg

Former Lille player Vincent Enyeama will be surely counted to lead Cruzeiro to a respectable mid-table finish with his amazing reflexes and shot stopping that led Cruzeiro to acquire him for a fee of 7million. Only 2 decent defenders make up Cruzeiro's backline in Dede and Cristian Ledesma so the side will be prone to attacks from the star players that make up the rest of the division.

He alone can decide if Cruzeiro will have a respectable finish or fight against relegation.

Strengths and Weaknesses

Strengths - Ability to Surprise

Not much is known about this side, so they could surprise the opposition early this season.

Brazilian Core

Almost the whole squad is Brazilian, so this will lead to great chemistry, harmony, and cooperation, something none of the other Division 1 squads have.

Weaknesses - Lack of Quality

Almost none of these players would be a starter for a Division 2 side.

Reliance on Key Players

Dede, Fred, Vincent Enyeama, and Cristian Ledesma will be carrying Cruzeiro the whole season.

Transfer Ban

PWND will not be able to strengthen his squad further, which is definitely a blow to the squad.

Prediction

Relegation fighters

(high - 4th / low - 8th)

Most likely finish: 7th