The Basement Version II - The Returning.

Matt72

Re: The Basement Version II - The Returning.

I'll try to work on an un- commissioned Season Preview' date=' but I'm not sure if I'll be able to come close to finish. So I will start with Cruziero in Division 1.

Cruziero

This squad managed by PWND is a rather weak but has the potential to surprise the opposition they face in Division 1. The core of this squad is Brazilian, creating strong harmony between the players. PWND has made a splash in this transfer window, obtaining Nigerian goalkeeper Vincent Enyeama, Cristian Ledesma, and Fred for a combined 21million ; however, Cruzeiro face a transfer ban due to a steroids scandal.

Key Man - Vincent Enyeama

vincent-enyeama3.jpg

Former Lille player Vincent Enyeama will be surely counted to lead Cruzeiro to a respectable mid-table finish with his amazing reflexes and shot stopping that led Cruzeiro to acquire him for a fee of 7million. Only 2 decent defenders make up Cruzeiro's backline in Dede and Cristian Ledesma so the side will be prone to attacks from the star players that make up the rest of the division.

He alone can decide if Cruzeiro will have a respectable finish or fight against relegation.

Strengths and Weaknesses

Strengths - Ability to Surprise

Not much is known about this side, so they could surprise the opposition early this season.

Brazilian Core

Almost the whole squad is Brazilian, so this will lead to great chemistry, harmony, and cooperation, something none of the other Division 1 squads have.

Weaknesses - Lack of Quality

Almost none of these players would be a starter for a Division 2 side.

Reliance on Key Players

Dede, Fred, Vincent Enyeama, and Cristian Ledesma will be carrying Cruzeiro the whole season.

Transfer Ban

PWND will not be able to strengthen his squad further, which is definitely a blow to the squad.

Prediction

Relegation fighters

(high - 6th / low - 10th)

Most likely finish: 9th

Nice post mate, but i dont have any tranfer ban.. and btw its cruzEIro not cruziero :)

Prediction

Relegation fighters

(high - 6th / low - 10th)

Most likely finish: 9th

Wow' date=' and we only have 8 clubs per division :D, you guys are taking the hate on my team to another lvl hehe, i'm really confident about my team, i dont see why everybody thinks i will face relegation, im hoping to prove everyone wrong :P[/font']

I am sure the reasoning (on my part anyway) has already been explained.

I wasn't thinking about u' date=' mate.

I was thinking about those managers, who are offering 15M for mediocre players, for instance. :eek:

Anyways, I gotta be very careful with my cash.

My average attendance is approximately 5 times smaller than the one of other clubs (like Ajax, Feyenoord, Galatasaray, Fenerbahçe and Newcastle).

Even after selling the crap in my squad, I can't go crazy. I gotta think about the final seasons of this setup, where we can buy highest rated players. If I ever expect to compete, I can't overspend.

This is a nice challenge and even if I'm not successful, this setup has what it takes to be a huge hit imo.

so you are willing to pay 15mill on Kehl but not Mathieu?

:P

I see everyone is repeated my +1000 $ strategy, but doing it in SM for couple years now lol ;)

so your welcome :D

U weren't the 1st to use that strategy. I have one even better, but I'm not gonna tell u guys. :D

PS: I see there was some fuss with Feyenoord's manager bid on Howard.

He also made a 13M bid (bigger than mine, of course) for Marchetti.

I have a message for u, Feyenoord manager: I won't withraw my bid, coz I wasn't born yesterday. ;)

So u'll either massively overspend on Marchetti or I'll get him. I'm fine with both. :)

PS: I see there was some fuss with Feyenoord's manager bid on Howard.

He also made a 13M bid (bigger than mine' date=' of course) for Marchetti.

I have a message for u, Feyenoord manager: I won't withraw my bid, coz I wasn't born yesterday. ;)

So u'll either massively overspend on Marchetti or I'll get him. I'm fine with both. :)[/quote']

Why is everyone saying I'm evil. As I said earlier I bid big because I thought others would too because keepers don't drop so easily. You should talk to someone before accusing them :(

Talking about friendlies we won 1-0 against Metalist.

Why is everyone saying I'm evil. As I said earlier I bid big because I thought others would too because keepers don't drop so easily. You should talk to someone before accusing them :(

I don't think ur evil, mate. :D

Just telling u I won't withraw my bid for Marchetti. :)

Good luck in the setup!

Wow' date=' and we only have 8 clubs per division :D, you guys are taking the hate on my team to another lvl hehe, i'm really confident about my team, i dont see why everybody thinks i will face relegation, im hoping to prove everyone wrong :P[/font']

That is rough mate you are predicted 9th out of 8 teams I bet I am predicted 10th :P

I hope we do prove other teams wrong and I get the players I need to improve the mighty Rubin Kazan!!

mm.png?1408589526

Every week CFC10,nitemarre and myself will be making match previews for every match of each division, Every division will have a featured match of the turn, we will pick the best/exciting match and give a spotlight to it. I hope you guys enjoy it!!

Div.1 - nitemarre

Div.2 - PWND

Div.3 - CFC10

Looks like Clint Dempsey' date=' Alessandro Matri, and Sebastian Kehl will be joining Genoa.. Think I bid 15,000,001 for Kehl and Ajax bid 15,000,000 :D so what a difference a dollar/euro makes :D[/quote']

Yes you're right, good bidding on your side :D

And good for me to be outsmarted for once, I usually bid amounts like that too lol.

But I guess this one was meant to be yours. ;)

Celtic have four bids accepted and all uncontested:

Hugo Almeida 3.5mil

Ivica Olic 3.9mil

Phillipe Mexes 4.9mil

And the icing on the cake for us:

Miguel Angel Moya 88 goalkeeper from A.Madrid will be joining for 6.4mil, a much needed signing this is, to drastically upgrade our goalkeeper position :D

Yes you're right' date=' good bidding on your side :D

And good for me to be outsmarted for once, I usually bid amounts like that too lol.

But I guess this one was meant to be yours. ;)[/quote']

I have had the highest bid recently and still lost so don't discount losing yet.

SEVILLA have an accepted bid for Heiko Westermann and also Scherrer Maxwell' date=' who was my back up bid in case I didn't get Mathieu.

these 2 fill the 2 positions I was weak in.

2 more bids on players I hope to get but it wont be a disaster if I don't get them, after that I will probably wait a while until the external offers come in to get my full quota of transfers sorted.[/quote']

SEVILLA have got their 2 men coming in later today, Alberto Aqualani and Dimitar Berbatov are joining us for a total of 12M.

surprised to have got both , especially Berbatov unopposed.

one more to come and then we are set up nicely for the first 5 seasons.

When it comes to betting on individual matches' date=' wouldn't it be a good idea to only allow betting on your own club to win?

it isn't hard to put out a low rated side with poor tactics, to lose a game.[/quote']

I was thinking this whilst in the shower of all places haha. +1

so you are willing to pay 15mill on Kehl but not Mathieu?

:P

I see everyone is repeated my +1000 $ strategy' date=' but doing it in SM for couple years now lol ;)

so your welcome :D[/font']

Erm lol :D :D i meant to write 5 mil which explains it and yep signed those 3 now :) and thanks Laura, the plus 1000 doesnt usually work ;) and muallan weve all used it before aswell lol

Aston Villa

Kupest's squad is an interesting mix of potential, wasted talent, and experience that should lead them clear of relegation. Players like Aly Cissokho, and Darren Bent look to rebuild their reputation while new additions Claudio Bravo and Spanish attacker Artiz Aduriz look to impress the Villa faithful. Additionally, youngsters Andres Weimann, Antonio Luna, and Nathan Baker look to make the next step forward.

Key Man - Carlos Sanchez

E382B5E383B3E38381E382A7E382B9E382B3E383ADE383B3E38393E382A2E38080.jpg?d=a1

Carlos Sanchez, recently joined Aston Villa for 4.7million from Elche and the manager will hope that he can be the link between an average defence and a strong front pairing from of Aritz Aduriz and Christian Benteke. Sanchez is experienced, and plays for the Colombian national team. Joe Cole, Fabian Delph, and Karim el Ahmadi lack quality so that is why Sanchez is Villa's key man.

Strengths and Weaknesses

Strengths - Depth

There are many players in this squad, albeit second-tier ones.

Combination of Youth and Experience

Many veteran players in this squad compliment the youth ambition in Andreas Weimann and other players.

1-2 Offense Pairing

Aritz Aduriz and Christian Benteke are a deadly forward pairing capable of many goals.

Weaknesses - Quality

Many of these players lack the quality to play internationally.

Midfield

Carlos Sanchez is the only decent midfielder.

Prediction - Mid-table midgets

(high - 3rd / low - 7th)

Newcastle United Transfer News

664.png

As soon as he joined the club newly appointed manager Matthew Webb, knew the areas he needed to address at the club and wasted no time in addressing the issues bringing in a new centre back, and attacking midfield/forward and an outright Centre Forward. The three guys brought in for a combined fee of £30 million are:

4072.png

Goran Pandev

Despite being used at times as an impact sub last season for Napoli, Pandev still started 19 games in 29 appearances for the Italian outfit. A highly sought after player, Pandev chose Newcastle ahead of other clubs due to being guaranteed first team football as well as joining a club with serious title aspirations.

4553.jpg

Martin Demichelis

After an impressive season for league champions Man City last season a step down to Newcastle was a surprising move, but such was his influence for City Webb decided to break the bank for a player and immediately installed him as club captain.

598.png

Emmanuel Adebyor

After playing a bit part for Spurs last season in which he averaged better then a goal every 2 games in his 21 appearances, the mercurial forward chose to join the revolution at Newcastle with the promise of first team football. On his day the Togo international is unplayable and will be integral to Newcastle's title hopes.

Webb has listed many players and in true Mike Ashley fashion will recoup more than the initial outlay on the three new purchases and is hoping to bring in excess of £32 million.

kombi03.png

Cruzeiro - News

ENYAMA2.png

GK Enyeama - From Lille

for 7M

22820_ori_cristian_ledesma.jpg

Ledesma - From Lazio

For a cheap 5.2M, his value increased to 7.2M

220px-Fred_final_copa_confederacoes_2013.jpg

Fred - From Fluminense

for 8.8M

Everyone was interested in Adebayor and completely forgot about Fred. Thank God i got him uncontested :D, He is ready to win another Boot.. This time the Golden one!

ff.png?1408816867

My main target was Alex Costa, was confident that i would get him, for 21 hours(i think) i was the only one to bid on him, but Pedro had other plans :), Alex was on his way to Brazil, but with a late bid from Braga(Pedro) and with no time to react he went to Portugal instead.

My backup plan was:

RafaelVanDerVaart_Holanda23_ver+outra+foto.png

Van der Vaart - From Hamburg

for 8.1M

Lost a huge defensive power but win a huge power in the attacking midfield.