The Basement Version II - The Returning.

Matt72

Re: The Basement Version II - The Returning.

FC Basel

Dimitris' squad is one that will be fighting against the odds this season with a weak squad with no quality' date=' quantity or depth. The manager will surely have to fight in the transfer market to get all his signings, as every addition will be needed to contribute to their predicted battle against relegation.

[i']Key Man - Rodrigo Lima[/i]

ngD7E97253664545009F43CA8AEC03D01C.jpg

It is amazing how boring and lackluster the Basel offense is, so Rodrigo Lima will take all the responsibility when it comes to scoring goals. Signing from Benfica for a cheap 5.2 million transfer fee, he will be able to contribute a lot to this weak offense. His productivity can be maximized with another attacker benefiting him, preferably a Brazilian one for increased chemistry.

Strengths and Weaknesses

Strengths - The Surprise Factor

The side will surely be underestimated and this may lead to many upsets by this side.

Lots of Youth Talent

Basel is a proven academy for youngsters and it is sure that many will develop throughout the season and challenge for a first-team spot.

Weaknesses - Reliance of Key Players

Christian Maggio will be relied upon for defensive abilities, while Rodrigo Lima will be the only one supplying the goals, and Tomas Rosicky is the only midfield rock.

Lack of Depth

If one key player is injured, then it will be a huge blow to this Basel side, who will have to replace that player with a much more weaker player.

No Quality

Who in this squad could make the reserves of any of Basel's opposition?

Experimental Tactics

Perhaps the worst tactic in the world that this manager has employed is by making a big gap in the middle of midfield, sacrificing them so they can work on the wings. Possibly the easiest thing to manipulate in this whole world.

Prediction

Relegation fighters

(high - 6th / low - 8th)

Most likely finish: 8th - relegation

I agree, no depth in my squad. I will fight though!:D My key man is tired,same with Benaglio. I have to put a crap goalkeeper and Streller to my starting 11.:(:o

I think i didn't use tactics in the friendlies...i was bored:p, how did i empoy the worst tactics?:eek: Probably you're talking about the tactics that i have not employed:p:eek:

mm.png?1408589526

Division 1 Turn 1

5279.pngrw_P_KWKCQB1_IG2xzmc_EFOr_FEqq67_YTr_A_Zjj_Merff.png664.png

Sunday 24 Aug 2014

Stadium : Gerland

Newcastle start their season against Lyon in a match which could be decisive in the title race . Manager Matthew Webb took no time in bolstering the attack and signed ADEBAYOR' date=' Emmanuel and PANDEV, Goran while also strengthening the defence with DEMICHELIS, Martin . Lyon boss Patrik Olsson on the other hand has not signed a single players and expressed his satisfaction over his current players . " I want to give them a chance to prove themselves first " he told the reporters.

The match would be close between these similar rated sides and could go either way.

[b']NM's prediction :[/b] 1-1

Star Man : Adebayor

Interesting Facts : •Lyon's Total and average squad values are higher than Newcastle's even after having 8 men less.

• People have bet 100 coins more on united to win the league than on lyon becoming the champions

2217.pngrw_P_KWKCQB1_IG2xzmc_EFOr_FEqq67_YTr_A_Zjj_Merff.png1852.png

Sunday 24 Aug 2014

Stadium : Türk Telekom Arena

Turkish giants Galatasaray host Kazan on Sunday to start their campaign. Manager True Blue decided to strengthen the squad at the back and signed experienced defenders JAGIELKA, Phil and BALZARETTI, Federico . Michael Hudson has also took steps to strengthen the weak spots by recruiting VUCINIĆ, Mirko and FUEGO, Javi.

With high rated players like SNEIJDER, Wesley and MELO, Felipe on their sides gala fans expet an easy victory for their team. Kazan fans would be happy to get a draw against such a strong opposition.

NM's Prediction : 3-1

Star Man : Sneijder

2028.pngrw_P_KWKCQB1_IG2xzmc_EFOr_FEqq67_YTr_A_Zjj_Merff.png304.png

Sunday 24 Aug

Stadium : 2014 Mineirão

Real visit Brazil serie a side Cruzerio in their first div 1 fixture. After selling their star player to Atletico for big money manager Ashley Holtom has been cautious in the market and has signed experienced PYATOV, Andriy for 7.1 M. Cruzerio manager PWND has also brought in ENYEAMA, Vincent , LEDESMA, Cristian and marquee Lord Fred.

There is not much difference between these teams squad value and starting xi wise but ash's experience could be crucial in giving Sociedad a good start.

NM's Prediction : 2-1

Star man : Vela

2174.pngrw_P_KWKCQB1_IG2xzmc_EFOr_FEqq67_YTr_A_Zjj_Merff.png665.png

Sunday 24 Aug 2014

Stadium : St. Jakob-Park

Swiss giants Basel host EPL club Villa on their home ground. Manager Dimitris Diamantidis has already signed 4 players, the highest in the league till now. Getting ROSICKÝ, Tomáš LIMA, Rodrigo was a good move . Villa manager Kartavya patel has spent big on BRAVO, Claudio while also bringing in ADÚRIZ, Aritz.

Both the teams are quite similar in ratings and have experienced managers. With the home advantage and the attacking signings FCB might win in a very close match.

NM's Prediction : 3-2

Star man : Rosicky

PS - Don't take predictions too seriously ;)

Fantastic work mate adds a real edge to what promises to be a great setup and you are spot on with my Kazan :P

0,,10281~7295985,00.jpg

Sunderland manager completes 2 more transfers

Following on from this mornings announcement of the capture of Mathieu Flamini, SUNDERLAND can announce the final pieces of the jigsaw for this season.

First comes the imminent arrival of Ânderson LUISÃO, from SL Benfica

info_1388752634.jpg

Finally for the forward line we have Vedad IBISEVIC, of Bosnia Herzegovina

ibisevic-bosnio-hoffenheim.jpg

"The start of the season can not come quick enough for the players and the fans. Its going to be a great season im sure"

corner-betting.jpg

Betting Corner Update.

Sincere apologies for the delay, decorating this bloody house is taking over my life at the moment.

Golden Glove and Boot odds have been updated, I'll be honest I really wasn't expecting the have the first league game be tonight sorry. So with this in mind the odds will be frozen as they are until the second fixture.

Please also note the below:

Golden Glove - will pay top two in each league, 2nd place will be at a quarter of the odds (so if 8/1 it will and he comes 2nd it will be 2/1).

Golden Boot - will pay top three in each league, 2nd and 3rd place will also be at a quarter of the odds.

Top 5 transfers coming up...

Matthew Webb (matt72 Forums) steered Newcastle United to victory against Olympique Lyonnais.

Newcastle United outclassed Olympique Lyonnais and beat them 2 - 1 in their Division 1 fixture.

Pandev and Tioté were amongst the goalscorers.

Dominant display by the toon, score line never really reflected the way the game went but an opening day win is all I could ask for.

TheTop5.jpg

Transfers

4147.png

Christian Maggio

Napoli to FC Basel - £5.4m

FC Basel could have had a couple of candidates in this list as they have had some impressive transfer dealings, but Christian Maggio is the one who makes this list. The Italian International arrives from Napoli for £5.4m, considered quite a bargain, his value has already risen to £8.2m.

337.png

Jose Antonio Reyes

Sevilla to Hoffenheim - £5.5m

Hoffenheim are strong contenders for taking the division two championship, but to their own managers acknowledgement the wingers were the weakest part of the squad, he has addressed this by signing Reyes for £5.5m, seen as a very shrewd signing.

598.png

Emmanuel Adebayor

Tottenham Hotspur to Newcastle United - £10m

Despite the high fee Adebayor does make it on the list - arguably the most sought after player, it was Newcastle who stole a march on the other clubs interested. If Webb can bring out the best in the enigma that is Adebayor it could be mean instant success for all parties involved.

2476.png

Michel Vorm

Tottenham Hotspur to Lille - £4.6m

Not only is Michel Vorm an bargain at £4.6m, he is considered a bargain even more so when you consider the transfer of Vincent Enyeama from Lille for £7m to Cruzerio. £7m isn't a huge amount and there is no doubt Enyeama is talented but for £2.4m different it is seen as a very good piece of business by the Lille manager.

155.png

Fred

Fluminense to Cruzerio £8.8m

Now while Fred did admittedly have a dodgy World Cup, his goal scoring record for club and country is still impressive - 18 goals in 39 games for Brazil and roughly 117 goals in 238 games at club.

With this kind of reliability, £8.8m seems a fantastic piece of value, especially when you consider the attacking talent at Cruzerio, he will have Van Der Vaart, Goulart and Ribeiro threading balls through to him all day long if the manager can get his tactics right for the big no.9.

Great work ashtini!

:D

However I think now that Vorm should slip to #20 in best transfers because he allowed 3 bloody goals on 6 shots against........................................... Pedro's Braga ************

We lose 3-2 after going behind 3-0 after 55 minutes :(

Somehow someone made Kjaer take my penalty (it went in however lol)

First interview coming up very soon!

Great work ashtini!

:D

However I think now that Vorm should slip to #20 in best transfers because he allowed 3 bloody goals on 6 shots against........................................... Pedro's Braga ************

We lose 3-2 after going behind 3-0 after 55 minutes :(

Somehow someone made Kjaer take my penalty (it went in however lol)

First interview coming up very soon!

Keep the faith in Vorm :P

This will be the 3rd game i'm playing against Ajax in a row lol. Let's hope it will be the 3rd win in a row. :)
Laura V steered Ajax to victory against Boca Juniors.

Ajax beat Boca Juniors 2 - 0 in their Division 2 fixture.

Vermeer had an impressive game and was voted Man of the Match.

Barry and Schone were amongst the goalscorers.

Sorry son, dazzled you with my friendly strategy now didn't I :D

Cruzeiro 2 - 2 R. Sociedad

competition-icon.jpg

PWND (Forum) 2 earned a draw with Cruzeiro against Real Sociedad.

The match ended 2 - 2 between Cruzeiro and Real Sociedad in their Division 1 fixture.

Van Der Vaart and Ribeiro were amongst the goalscorers.

27' Van der Vaart 1-0

35' 1-1 Vela

77' Ribeiro 2-1

89' 2-2 Vela

A draw with a taste of defeat with a opponent goal at 89min :mad:. But i guess it was a fair result against a strong side, C.Vela had a impressive game.:)

cruzeiro_mg.jpg?itok=f_kgF2lW2-2 REAL-SOCIEDAD.png

Frustration for La Real at Cruzerio despite Vela heroics!

720p-Carlos%20Vela%20Real%20Sociedad%20defeat.jpg

27'

MARTÍNEZ wins the ball but brings down RIBEIRO in the process. Free kick to Cruzeiro to the right of the box. VAN DER VAART tries to bend a high one around the wall. GOAL!! - It flies in!

kyle-walker-free-kick-o.gif

35'

CASTRO gets in a cross from the corner. VELA directs a header towards goal. GOAL!! - The ball zips past the keeper and hits the net!

iuZb7aWf7ZFFo.gif

77'

DAGOBERTO chips the ball cross-field to RIBEIRO. RIBEIRO knocks the ball beyond the defence. He takes a stunning shot at goal. GOAL!! - It was close to the keeper but he couldn't react in time.

Everton+Ribeiro+Sheik.gif

89'

CASTRO curls in a beautiful cross forward towards VELA. VELA takes the ball down with his chest and strikes it goalwards. GOAL!! - ENYEAMA doesn't react in time and the ball ends up in the back of the net.

ThornyAcclaimedFly.gif

Full Match Statistics

Cruzerio-Real Sociedad

Possession

45%-55%

Total Shots

9-13

Shots On Target

6-5

Corners

5-9

Yellow Cards

1-1

Red Cards

0-0

TEAM OF THE TURN

[MOVE]DIVISION 3[/MOVE]

1082070_Football_Manager_Team.jpg

Mannone

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT77HvcO6mJXUpKUBjjABKaiZbfZHQhTPVD-unv_8w1rn-d5fo2Dg

A fabulous performance by the Italian GK. Made some crucial saves, keeping a clean sheet for his side. Instrumental in giving Sunderland the 3 points.

Ernik

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSyH6qdmIh_Ll6jZwfaMr-PBx5uqIUKb-yVroh8fLcJmzmCBOyv

Very good match from the Turkish LB. He was voted MOTM and was very important for the solid defensive display of the Istanbul club.

Diakité

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRlvBaX0f5TwJP4atqdzkZHFSw2aCKNrlSX4hPhE27K1KfRPTj1

The best player out of the Black Cats' defence. His flawless performance helped the English team come out of Argentina with 3 points in the bag.

Nuno Coelho

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQUG7CSxyxPEtTHlf7B2EZMgbCQ3CHd7rIk8F-rWhYRZp_kpdGjPA

A player who's rubbish in real life, but hey, I ain't complaining! :D

His SM rating is good and he definitely earned his starting spot. It wasn't a defensively brilliant game for Braga, but Nuno Coelho helped on the other end of the pitch. He scored a goal, which would prove to be decisive.

Sow

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTh50g-KCXJ0BdZ-LHf9HRPvNiyAIhmpYfO1aRnyqEheRlqOkpZMQ0q24PH

This versatile Senegalese player was one of the many standout Fenerbahçe players, this evening. He scored his team's opener.

Rodwell

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSQGDLiNA6jYPqSL2b5b99yTsGktcQ8ZAuYpbwwGNiIWxELR06yDQ

Not as impressive as his teammate Mannone, but was also a hero for the "Mackems". In a tense and tight match, the Englishman put his name on the scoresheet. He was actually the only player in the pitch to do so.

Custódio

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRwm_KK82GEzZ5w6xyJpogrhMIhtvLFWgKZKcxtkE5T1KlHqyAN5A

A Braga fan favourite, Custódio was extraordinary for the "arsenalistas".

He fulfilled his defensive duties and even scored for the Portuguese side.

Iborra

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQITm3XgxWrHDhP_KogbIDsuI0NULRIvMhMr5iiLvv6cUs-stzbVw

Iborra is the only sub to make this "Team of the Turn".

Despite playing only half a match, he made the best of his manager's opportunity, by scoring 1 of the 3 goals for the Spaniards.

Rafa Silva

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRwkVwn0f1buOzqC_LBxO8ic_hUcq_4fCk1uo7HJLS6zeZkTSTC

He is Braga's gem, the talented kid from Vila Franca de Xira. Even though he was used on the wing (like I'm always criticising Braga's coaches for doing :P), Rafa's creativity was materialised in a goal.

Berbatov

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRUIz_5w5u0bL8Rpw_FPWdVA98ZSvkWmKKqeW6fOGLju0TYuPnO

The Bulgarian striker was voted MOTM for his terrific performance.

In a good game for Sevilla, Dimitar did once again what he does best: score.

Kuyt

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSGN8T_UXjW2rVAIYD3cA8sjrjMkP7UJ8Cmv1M4AGhJlatupeVdpA

The Dutchman shows that age is just a number. A player that all managers would love to have, as he plays (well) wherever it's needed. Dirk not only scored the Turkish club's 2nd goal, but he also got an assist!

SUBSTITITES (honourable mentions)

Demirel

Did his job and quite well, preventing Feyenoord from scoring.

Kjaer

Having conceded 3 goals, you can't say Lille's defence performed. However, the Danish CB helped his team come from 0-3 to 2-3, after scoring a penalty kick (I wonder why he took it, right Allan? :D).

Mathieu

Mathieu cost Lille a pretty penny, but it looks like the Frenchman is determined to prove he's worth his price tag. Jéremy was on the scoresheet for the French side, which showed a lot of heart against the"Warriors of Minho".

Gameiro

He was subbed off at half time, but it definitely wasn't for underperforming. The former PSG player bagged a goal in his 45 minutes on the pitch.

Éder

Called "Éderbayor" by SC Braga fans, the Portuguese striker didn't score, but he was tremendous in France - he made the assists for his team's 3 goals!

xx.png?1408932487

Division 2 - Turn 1

Review of the Featured Match of the turn 1 of Div.2, Boca Juniors vs Ajax

rev.png?1408937718

This match could have gone either way, Ajax controlled the ball possession, but most of the time they were not putting any pressure with only 9 shots with 5 being on target but they were effective, managing to score 2 of the 5 shots on target, Boca juniors on the other hand had way more chances with 19 shots with 12 being on target, but they just couldn't put the ball on the net, with a big wall named Kenneth Vermeer to stop everything.

GoldMedal.gif

Man Of The Match - K.VERMEER

Kenneth-Vermeer.png