Sign in to follow this  
Matt72

The Basement Version II - The Returning.

Re: The Basement Version II - The Returning.

As someone mentioned in-game we should take over the unmanaged sides with second accounts to prevent them from signing ineligible players. Anyone did that yet? I could make a new account' date=' I think its only a couple of clubs so if a few more could do that :)[/quote']

Doesn't the setup rule of max rating signing apply to AI teams as well? Or isn't it a setup rule, just something we all agreed on?

Doesn't the setup rule of max rating signing apply to AI teams as well? Or isn't it a setup rule' date=' just something we all agreed on?[/quote']

not sure if it is applied to unmanaged clubs but we cant buy anyone over the rating set as gameworld rules.

the problem at the moment with unmanaged clubs is they will use all their money to buy back players already sold, making it unlikely that any new manager will come in and take them.

TOP 5 MANAGERS AFTER SEASON 4:

FIRST

1515.png

CLUB: Ajax

MANAGER: LauraAFCA

=SECOND

2217.png

CLUB: Galatasaray SK

MANAGER: Dreamers

=SECOND

683.png

CLUB: Scumberland

MANAGER: Sunnyskeg

=FOURTH

665.png

CLUB: Aston Villa

MANAGER: Kupest

=FOURTH

2021.png

CLUB: Sevilla

MANAGER: Smut

Nice summary' date=' Matt!

Kudos to Laura, she's bossing this so far.[/quote']

I echo Pedro - well done Matt and great work Laura!!

I had to look at my points and pretty happy with my 25 at Rubin hope to break into the top 5 after next season :P

TOP 5 MANAGERS AFTER SEASON 4:

(...)

LauraAFCA

Dreamers

Sunnyskeg

Kupest

Smut

Congrats all above!

Any honourable mentions for managers introduced with half-season already played that end up getting promotion and winning a cup with a team full of deadwood and half a dozen brilliant players?

*wink*wink*nudge*nudge* :D

The rating for buying players has been increased to 89. Can everyone please wait until matchplay turn 1 before bidding please.

You mean shall we wait until the after first competitive league match (Sunday night) ?

You mean shall we wait until the after first competitive league match (Sunday night) ?

No mate you can bid at any point during the day of turn 1 so midnight BST on the day of turn 1 if you so wish.

Congrats all above!

Any honourable mentions for managers introduced with half-season already played that end up getting promotion and winning a cup with a team full of deadwood and half a dozen brilliant players?

*wink*wink*nudge*nudge* :D

Deadwood?! :eek:

Maybe in terms of real life quality, but rating wise it's better than mine. :P

PS: very well done on your accomplishments! ;)

Deadwood?! :eek:

Maybe in terms of real life quality' date=' but rating wise it's better than mine. :P

PS: very well done on your accomplishments! ;)[/quote']

Oh it was down to the luck of the 'draw' (geddit? :P ) and what I mean by deadwood is I had to flog half the team off who were, lets say, well past their sell by date... I was lucky none of them 'retired' before I sold them off.

I do have 12 players at the top of the ratings (88+) but will need to sell at least half of them over the next couple of seasons if I want to improve the squad.

The 3 signings rule alongside the ratings cap is quite interesting to me because it challenges me to play with what we've got instead of revolutionising the whole squad in one go.

The 3 signings rule alongside the ratings cap is quite interesting to me because it challenges me to play with what we've got instead of revolutionising the whole squad in one go.

This exactly is what I love about this GW too!

it would be nice to be able to buy as soon as the season starts though.

turn 1 is the first day of the season , not first matchday, so i dont understand why we must be punished by not being allowed to play new signings in the first game, possibly 2nd game as well if they aren't fit.

we have reached the stage where new signings matter and those that have kept a decent bank balance should be allowed to have an advantage over those that have already spent their money.

it would be nice to be able to buy as soon as the season starts though.

turn 1 is the first day of the season ' date=' not first matchday, so i dont understand why we must be punished by not being allowed to play new signings in the first game, possibly 2nd game as well if they aren't fit.

we have reached the stage where new signings matter and those that have kept a decent bank balance should be allowed to have an advantage over those that have already spent their money.[/quote']

We've done it like this every season and we've had this discussing in all previous seasons :P So we might as well just stick to the rules as they have been decided on.

Plus, how is it an advantage or disadvantage if we all start at the same time? Whether you buy them before or after the first match, we all play under the same rules. If we can't buy until after game day one, you won't play against anyone with better players in turn one. So it won't make a difference game-wise.

Id love to know people bank balences at this stage, would be interesting. Not overly fussed about the timing of the transfers, has been the same since the first Basement and everyone is in the same boat, rich or poor.

We've done it like this every season and we've had this discussing in all previous seasons :P So we might as well just stick to the rules as they have been decided on.

Plus' date=' how is it an advantage or disadvantage if we all start at the same time? Whether you buy them before or after the first match, we all play under the same rules. If we can't buy until after game day one, you won't play against anyone with better players in turn one. So it won't make a difference game-wise.[/quote']

the difference is that if we could buy now, i would have an extra 3 89 players playing on Sunday, where as another club with little money wont have.

it didnt matter in previous seasons because the ratings were lower than what we all had in our first team, now for the first time we can improve our starting eleven.

In a short season, i dont understand why we cant be at full strength for all of it.

There will be a season where one club can buy ronaldo and messi but will be penalised in their first two games of that season by not being able to play them. the 2 clubs they play first will benefit , for no reason at all, by not having those two play against them.

the only reason it started off this way was to let all the managers take their allocated clubs, there just isnt a single reason to keep it this way.

Completely agree with this.

Id love to know people bank balences at this stage' date=' would be interesting. Not overly fussed about the timing of the transfers, has been the same since the first Basement and everyone is in the same boat, rich or poor.[/quote']

Despite our low attendances (compared to the vast majority of the other teams), Braga have 74.3M atm.

I'm gonna keep improving my squad and, if I continue to be smart, the club's cash should increase a lot more in the future. :)

Despite our low attendances (compared to the vast majority of the other teams)' date=' Braga have 74.3M atm.

I'm gonna keep improving my squad and, if I continue to be smart, the club's cash should increase a lot more in the future. :)[/quote']

After selling 'en masse' Fener are roughly on the same numbers as Braga (we took over the team with 20K or less). We still expect to sell more but need to buy first and the team needs serious investement as it is ageing fast.