Sign in to follow this  
Matt72

The Basement Version II - The Returning.

Re: The Basement Version II - The Returning.

the difference is that if we could buy now' date=' i would have an extra 3 89 players playing on Sunday, where as another club with little money wont have.[/quote']

You really think there are clubs who are not gonna be buying? I mean, we at Ajax hardly have any cash, but I'll definitely be selling my current players to replace them with higher rates. I don't see any reason why anyone would withhold from the very brief opportunity to upgrade their players, so I don't think what you are saying is an issue.

On a less happier note, has anyone managed to get in touch with the Sunderland manager yet? His bid was placed way too early and got accepted now, so I hope he gets the message on time to avoid any punishments.

You really think there are clubs who are not gonna be buying? I mean' date=' we at Ajax hardly have any cash, but I'll definitely be selling my current players to replace them with higher rates. I don't see any reason why anyone would withhold from the very brief opportunity to upgrade their players, so I don't think what you are saying is an issue.

On a less happier note, has anyone managed to get in touch with the Sunderland manager yet? His bid was placed way too early and got accepted now, so I hope he gets the message on time to avoid any punishments.[/quote']

Idk if the player arruved at Sunderland yet, but the manager rarely posts here.

Idk if the player arruved at Sunderland yet' date=' but the manager rarely posts here.[/quote']

it's okay, the manager saw the message in time and withdrew his bid.

Havn't checked to be honest. Just put a reminder on here.:)

Good thinking!

As for Braga, I'm very happy with the 3 players we've managed to bring in.

1 certain riser, who tbf deserves to reach 91 in the next review, and 2 other probable ones.

My 3 initial targets were Bernat, Depay and Son.

It didn't take long for me to get competition on the 1st 2.

I immediately backed off and put in offers for Monreal and Salvio.

Then Sevilla bid on Monreal: I backed off and went for Meier.

Several hours later, Newcastle bid on Son.

My goal was to go for players who definitely deserve to rise.

After I withrew my bid for Son, there weren't any other obvious ones out there (apart from Benaglio, who I don't need, and Naldo, who are both at internal clubs).

Since there were only a few hours left for Bernat to get ABds, I decided to go for him.

It was the 1st time, since season 1, where I purposely got in a bidding war.

I'm almost positive it won't happen again in this setup.

Judging by the craziness of last season's 1st transfer window, I could have sworn Bernat's transfer fee wouldn't be lower than 18M.

So I'm delighted to get him for 13. :)

I wouldn't have tried to bid on him, if there were 3 or more teams involved.

Now it's time to begin selling the lowest rated players (bar the substitute goalie), like I've been doing every season. ;)

We (Aston Villa) have managed to get Mangala and Brahimi for around about CV. Pretty happy that we could get Mangala uncontested.

We are still adding another player, there isn't much quality available so we will have to spend a bit with the hope that his value remains the same if we wanted to sell the player again.

Sevilla have resisted the chance to buy some big names, instead we are continuing with our policy to save money.

Westermann and Fazio left for 16m and we have brought in Medel and Monreal for 11m.

We started the season with a 3-3 draw at Rubin.

Riferimento: Re: The Basement Version II - The Returning.

Sevilla have resisted the chance to buy some big names' date=' instead we are continuing with our policy to save money.

Westermann and Fazio left for 16m and we have brought in Medel and Monreal for 11m.

We started the season with a 3-3 draw at Rubin.[/quote']

I have 990 k:mad::D,, now sell the old and build a young team. Even the basics are there

Re: Riferimento: Re: The Basement Version II - The Returning.

I have 990 k:mad::D' date=', now sell the old and build a young team. Even the basics are there[/quote']

unfortunately the money was spent whilst unmanaged.

at least you have plenty to sell and raise some cash, it is really in two seasons time that cash will become important.

So... transfers:

Tried Bernat but there were so many people bidding I just backed out (no bidding wars for me thank you!).

Was tempted by William Carvalho and had a bid on him but think he is a bit overrated so withdrew my offer.

Ideally we needed 2 wingers and 2 midfielders. Got the Ox uncontested (really chuffed) and had a power bid on Ross Barkley to fend off any unwanted competition (which it did) as he can do both midfield and left wing (2 in 1 :D)

Finally needed a decent DM to support current midfield and having given up on Carvalho, got divided on Ignacio Camacho or David López. Ended up going with Lopez who is only rated 87 but (1) was less than half the price of Camacho and (2) is going to keep rising.

Really sad to miss out on Brahimi and Tello, but hoping to pick up some more cracking players ver the next window.

Re: Riferimento: The Basement Version II - The Returning.

WELCOME TO OLYMPIAKOS MR MATIC!

(...)

It 'an honor to participate in one of the worlds best English. Already participate in the Can Bounce Back of Gozzy.:) Thanks Matt and Pedro:);)

Hello, nice to meet you Nemanja Matic. Welcome and Good Luck!

Gala's only Signing so far is Kramer for 8.5m whos value promptly rose to 10.5m, hoping he can get a rise to 90, chuffed to get him without competition. Inan goes out the door for 7.2m as a like for like transfer.

Riferimento: Re: Riferimento: Re: The Basement Version II - The Returning.

unfortunately the money was spent whilst unmanaged.

at least you have plenty to sell and raise some cash' date=' it is really in two seasons time that cash will become important.[/quote']

Indeed mate:);), think like you. I sell some old.

André-Pierre GIGNAC has completed his move to Galatasaray SK from Olympique Marseille for 5,440,000

Stoked to get Gignac for such a low price with no competition. Due a 90 and his value has already risen 2m.

Altintop will depart for 3.5m in keeping with the one in one out policy.

I was planning on not going for the more expensive 89's this time, but after missing out on my initial targets Alderweireld and Illarramendi (and Monreal, to whom I switched my initial bid), I decided we needed some success and future-proof signings. So I went for Son, payed slightly more than I wanted to (and could've, after seeing the other bid :D) but still very happy to secured a great player like him. He will cover the missing midfield position we needed and he has the benefit of being able to play as a winger too. Next season he might be a good possibility for us as a striker as well.

Next to him, I am very glad to have signed our third initial target uncontested, Nicolas Otamendi is joining us from Valencia. Also joining Ajax is Martin Caceras, not our first choice but a very valuable player due to his versatility. Again payed slightly more than I should have, but his value will be higher once the deal is completed. We needed some upgrades in our defense so these two fellas are more than welcome.

I was able to buy all of them without having to sell any of the first team players, so I will take my time now waiting for the best incoming bids on the players that are no longer necessary. All in all I am very happy with were my club is right now, we might not have as much cash as most clubs but I think we have easily one of the highest squad values, with plenty of players who will rise in the upcoming months, ready to make some more cash by the time the next transfer window opens.

Phil Jones completed Galatasaray's transfer business for this window, the Versatile defender joins for 9m with his value increasing to 11m. Going out will be Chedjou for 8.4m as a like for like replacment.