Cut the monday nights and lets play on friday

Re: Cut the monday nights and lets play on friday

All to do with the tv companies Ash,they pay the dough so they dictate when the matches are played.

As someone who goes every week i know how frustratin it can be when your team hav no match on a saturday afternoon and ya hav no idea how to get the day in (shoppin wiv the wifes a no-no) but luckily we dont have much of a problem at Linfield but i imagine fans of the big English and Scottish clubs must get really peeved when their teams fixtures are moved to suit the tv schedules.

Newspaper article this week heralded the death of the traditional 3pm Ko on a Saturday after the only game of the day was Derby v West Spam and it would be interestin to see how many times Man Utd actually play at 3pm Saturday in a season.

Friday night football is slightly better than Mondays as i suppose its part of the weekend but while TV money rules the game then im afraid the clubs,fans and indeed viewers are all at their mercy.

I really don't understand the reason why there are matches on monday nights ' date='how about keeping them on friday nights.It can bring really boom the commercial aspect of the english premier league and can surely make watching football more fun[/quote']

Well you play on Friday night, knackered the day after, always have to have a game on Saturday! :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

Well I blame SKY Digital. Its them who have the monopoly on it all. A story in the paper earlier this week: A pub in the south (not sure where) is in trouble because it is getting live matches for the fraction of the cost of what SKY charge and now its in trouble due to breaking licencing and copyright laws. How bad is that and all for the game we all love. :(

Well I blame SKY Digital. Its them who have the monopoly on it all. A story in the paper earlier this week: A pub in the south (not sure where) is in trouble because it is getting live matches for the fraction of the cost of what SKY charge and now its in trouble due to breaking licencing and copyright laws. How bad is that and all for the game we all love. :(

Im pretty sure its Setanta that screen the Monday night footy ;):)