Managers who ignore Transfer Bids

Re: Managers who ignore Transfer Bids

No. It isn't that simple.

Firstly' date=' because you prioritise transfer targets.

Secondly, because what happens if other managers ignore your bids, meaning you can't move on.

So....SM should:

a) find a way to punish ignorant managers who don't respond immediately to transfer bids.

B) remove the "unavailable" status to prevent ignorant managers from affecting the freedom of the market. Managers should be allowed to bid for anyone.[/quote']

I'm a lazy guy.. forgive me if this is shorter and less organised than necessary.

"But every time solutions are suggested, they are shouted down. Normally by those with a vested interest in maintaining the current system. And those who do so fail to offer any balanced, rational alternatives besides bleating how unfair change would be.

It did make me smile at your belief that it is extreme to sell a player after 3 strikes........I am not sure how you would view "random transfer requests" which I would also advocate to improve SM"

Yeah your suggestions are ludicrous. I don't see how that's fair. I don't see how you think that's fair.

I don't need to sell. Else I'll team up with 20 of my friends and everyday put in 20 bids for different players of yours. Lets see how you like losing them.

People don't offer different suggestions after "bleating" out how unfair it would be because there's nothing to be fixed. The system is fine.

I really cba to explain how it's unfair. Plenty of others already have.

What do you mean you can't move on? That's why your prioritise targets. So if you don't get one, YOU MOVE ON TO ANOTHER.

That's how it works bro. You can't get everyone to do what you want them to do and punish them when they don't.

Now please. Get this in your head and stop.

I'm a lazy guy.. forgive me if this is shorter and less organised than necessary.

"But every time solutions are suggested' date=' they are shouted down. Normally by those with a vested interest in maintaining the current system. And those who do so fail to offer any balanced, rational alternatives besides bleating how unfair change would be.

It did make me smile at your belief that it is extreme to sell a player after 3 strikes........I am not sure how you would view "random transfer requests" which I would also advocate to improve SM"

Yeah your suggestions are ludicrous. I don't see how that's fair. I don't see how you think that's fair.

I don't need to sell. Else I'll team up with 20 of my friends and everyday put in 20 bids for different players of yours. Lets see how you like losing them.

People don't offer different suggestions after "bleating" out how unfair it would be because there's nothing to be fixed. The system is fine.

What do you mean you can't move on? That's why your prioritise targets. So if you don't get one, YOU MOVE ON TO ANOTHER.

That's how it works bro. You can't get everyone to do what you want them to do and punish them when they don't.

Now please. Get this in your head and stop.[/quote']

This.

Definitely agreed with Nik

Well I haven't posted for a while but I will give my opinion on this subject.

There has been a lot of talk about ignorance and laziness and I can understand it must look like that if you are chomping at the bit for a response to what you consider to be a good bid and are getting nothing back.

I don't consider myself lazy or ignorant but I do ignore bids all the time and here is why:

1) Some people make bids persistently on my players just to annoy me. Declining them just prompts another bid. I am not going to mark the player as unavailable just to deter one person's childish tactics as all my players have a price. Ignoring the culprits in such cases works.

2) Sometimes I don't check my club messages. Some weeks I am just logging in to setup tactics as I don't have time for anything else. There is nothing wrong with that - people can spend 10 mins or 10 hours per day on SM its up to them.

3) Sometimes I receive a bid and am genuinely contemplating it. I want to see if it prompts other interested parties to bid. Or I will only accept if I conclude another deal. That sort of thing. Unless the other manager has bothered to PM me (all too rare!) I don't feel the need (or have the time) to tell them this.

4) Some clubs where I am more active than others I receive 200+ club messages per day and I face these at the end of the day after getting in from work. Clicking reject on each of these in isolation is quick but in total is very time consuming.

Based upon the above I don't really think the current system needs changing. Yes there are a million things that could be done to improve the transfer market but that is a whole other subject imo.

I would like to see a return to the days of being able to select (via tick box) certain club messages to apply actions such as "reject" and "delete" to make it easier to manage inboxes.

Would be nice if SM made some rule where bids get automatically accepted if a manager doesn't bother to respond after 10-14 days.

Cheers

I can't agree with this, either.

U can't force someone for a deal.

If you want to get a reply, make a fair offer and/or send a msg to the manager.

When u see the manager is not responding, move on, simple as that.

Still not a single argument against my proposal that stands up to scrutiny.

More importantly, not many counter proposals for discussion.

My overarching intent was to find ways to improve SM and by that I mean finding new managers to join and stay in Game Worlds.

It is very obvious that many new managers are put off from staying in a GW because they join, make bids and then are left hanging because they don't get a response.

I want those managers to stay. All managers deserve to have a timely response to a bid.

It takes seconds to respond.....click, select, drop down message, click.

FAO 9Wolves: thanks for your constructive input. Actually, this was my original idea suggested months ago.

Because I respond to constructive comments, I changed my original idea because a poster pointed out that a 14 day window would affect those managers who perhaps are away on holiday for a fortnight.

This is why I amended the idea to register those obnoxious managers who log in and therefore who are wilfully being ignorant.

Always happy to discuss further.

Tebthereb: thanks also for your input, see where you are coming from:

1) agree that the use of "unavailable" is extremely childish.

2) not sure I agree about the time involved to reject or negotiate bids.

3 and 4) I got 320 messages earlier this week. Again, didn't take me long to deal with them but I acknowledge the issue about being receptive to other bids.

First of all, perhaps you should calm down a little.

I answered your points clearly.

Random transfer requests are far from ludicrous; they would improve SM no end. Perhaps you should ask Southampton fans how they felt about half their players demanding transfers

Please don't shout, bad internet form, old chap ;)

But as I said: you can't move onto other targets that easily for a number of reasons. Including not getting timely responses from managers.

I assume the irony was lost on you when you said you can't get everyone to do what you say and then promptly, you told me what to do...ie stop.....;)

A couple of other posters have made constructive input; why not join them?

You take care now

"But every time solutions are suggested' date=' they are shouted down. Normally by those with a vested interest in maintaining the current system. And those who do so fail to offer any balanced, rational alternatives besides bleating how unfair change would be.

Now please. Get this in your head and stop.[/quote']

just gonna quickly throw in my views (I will stress I haven't read every post)

1 - I personally don't agree with any proposal to 'auto sell' players. Don't think anyone could justify why SM would inflict this on their 1 million plus managers;), and I suspect if SM ever introduced anything like that then we would look as mass walk outs, coupled with an ever increasing number of 'unavailable' players and players with minimum fees that no chairman will ever let a manager pay.

2 - regarding the 'unavailable' debate, some players will genuinely be unavailable. I have personally found myself in that situation before. I regularly have players at a club that I will not sell, no matter what the offer(anyone who remembers me with Lars & Sven in my old Crewe days of EC106 can vouch for that).

3 - I'd like to see the introduction of an 'I am considering your offer' response when you get in a bid. a simple button on the newsfeed/player profile that would let the bidding team know you are considering it, not just ignoring it.

4 - everyone posting on here will think their opinions are correct, but remember only mine are:p (obvious joke here).

Random transfer requests are far from ludicrous; they would improve SM no end. Perhaps you should ask Southampton fans how they felt about half their players demanding transfers

Southampton are not a "top" team, hence why they had mass transfer requests - players wanting to go on to bigger/better clubs (I know, they went to Liverpool, but on paper... ;) )

It doesn't happen on that scale at the top clubs in the top leagues.

There has been one single, oft repeated argument against your automatic selling idea - it's unfair, and too open to abuse.

There have even been examples cited, such as a gang of griefers deliberately targeting a top club to try and get all their star players automatically sold by repeatedly sending in rubbish bids.

I'm afraid it just seems like you're dismissing a valid counter argument and concern over the idea, which I'm sure isn't the case, but you shouldn't state that no valid counter arguments have been put forward, or that they wouldn't stand up to scrutiny, when one could easily make the same point about your arguments.

Repetition of the same point (on either side) doesn't form the basis of a decent discussion :)

Meh, managers play for different reasons.

Some are ADHD/have a large ego/are addicted and need something going on all the time or they quit.

Others don't want to spend the time to deal with transfer requests that they have no interest accepting anyways.

A good rule of thumb is to keep improving the offer until it becomes too much for you and you just consider it as a rejection.

It's the same with getting girls to go out on a date with you - you can't force her to respond, she'll respond if she likes you and wants to take you up on your deal.

First of all' date=' perhaps you should calm down a little.

I answered your points clearly.

Please don't shout, bad internet form, old chap ;)

But as I said: you can't move onto other targets that easily for a number of reasons. Including not getting timely responses from managers.

I assume the irony was lost on you when you said you can't get everyone to do what you say and then promptly, you told me what to do...ie stop.....;)

A couple of other posters have made constructive input; why not join them?

You take care now[/quote']

You ask people to be polite and then make references to sheep.

The reason I ask you to stop is because you don't seem to understand what the people around you are saying. Yes, I was a little irritated while reading this thread.

Anyway, I'm done. I'm outta here. Au revoir.

PS: Good to see you didn't react the way I did. (And yes I mean that sincerely :P)

Would be a nice idea if you could block bids from a specific manager/club. That would reduce the excuse of ignoring a bid in the situation I described before (nuisance bidders).

Also if you could hide club messages pertaining to transfer bids from unmanaged clubs - I like the fact these exist but in most of my setups they just clog up my inbox and distract from me the real bids.

I still don't think managers should be penalised for not accepting/rejecting bids. It is unrealistic and open to abuse. They should just be encouraged to do deal with bids wherever possible.

• 1 month later...

Those manager(s) just making themselves shame, ignore them. Sure you can play well without those player(s) from those arrogant manager(s).

But I think they are still better than those manager making silly counter offer, that make people angry.

I also agree tebthereb say that should have a function to block specific manager(s) to make offer especially those nuisance bidders.

I can't agree with this' date=' either.

U can't force someone for a deal.

If you want to get a reply, make a fair offer and/or send a msg to the manager.

When u see the manager is not responding, move on, simple as that.[/quote']

I do move on, please don't patronise me.

I'm simply expressing my frustration regarding incredibly ignorant people, when it takes literally 1-2 seconds to respond to something so that the bidding manager knows where they stand, and can "move on" a hell of a lot quicker.

Those manager(s) just making themselves shame' date=' ignore them. Sure you can play well without those player(s) from those arrogant manager(s).

But I think they are still better than those manager making silly counter offer, that make people angry.

I also agree tebthereb say that should have a function to block specific manager(s) to make offer especially those nuisance bidders.[/quote']

Would be a nice idea if you could block bids from a specific manager/club. That would reduce the excuse of ignoring a bid in the situation I described before (nuisance bidders).

Also if you could hide club messages pertaining to transfer bids from unmanaged clubs - I like the fact these exist but in most of my setups they just clog up my inbox and distract from me the real bids.

I still don't think managers should be penalised for not accepting/rejecting bids. It is unrealistic and open to abuse. They should just be encouraged to do deal with bids wherever possible.

Brilliant posts, guys. Agreed.

Meh' date=' managers play for different reasons.

Some are ADHD/have a large ego/are addicted and need something going on all the time or they quit.

Others don't want to spend the time to deal with transfer requests that they have no interest accepting anyways.

A good rule of thumb is to keep improving the offer until it becomes too much for you and you just consider it as a rejection.

It's the same with getting girls to go out on a date with you - you can't force her to respond, she'll respond if she likes you and wants to take you up on your deal.[/quote']

I'll tell you all exactly how it all came about, bear with me (and apologies everyone for not mentioning this in my opening post).

Pepe had Level 5 concerns, and I knew this was inevitable because this guy rarely ever put him on the bench let alone the first 11. So I had him shortlisted from the moment he'd reached Level 3.

I pm the guy when Pepe reached Level 4. Knowing that only I had shortlisted him at this point, and knowing that you can get a player for bottom value when they reach Level 5, I left the following message:

"I'd really like Pepe, I will offer 1-2 million more than bottom value when he slaps in a request, y/n?"

Nothing.

Then he reaches Level 5 a few weeks later. I put in a bid of 1.5m more than his valuation.

Nothing.

Bearing in mind that this was the one and only bid I had ever made for this guy.

1 week later, still nothing.

Because I had a lot of injuries and needed a cb as quickly as possible, I had to resort to cancelling the deal and paying more for somebody who was rated less, at an external club.

Pepe meanwhile ended up going back to Real Madrid for bottom value.

lol......

Fair enough, you could say "the guy got what he deserved, he was rude, he ended up making less on him"

But again, that's not the point.

If people are still struggling to understand why I get annoyed with managers like this, then I'm sorry.

I guess ignorance is bliss though right? :)

If a player gets to concern level 5 then the selling manager can't stop any bids for him - if you'd have left your bid in you'd have been successful (as long as nobody else came along and bid higher lol)

These kinds of transfers take longer than normal ones to go through - about 5 days (probably so everyone who may be interested has time to make some cash and put in a bid) but as I said once level 5 is reached then it's out of the manager's hands and he couldn't stop you getting that player!

If a player gets to concern level 5 then the selling manager can't stop any bids for him - if you'd have left your bid in you'd have been successful (as long as nobody else came along and bid higher lol)

These kinds of transfers take longer than normal ones to go through - about 5 days (probably so everyone who may be interested has time to make some cash and put in a bid) but as I said once level 5 is reached then it's out of the manager's hands and he couldn't stop you getting that player!

"Because I had a lot of injuries and needed a cb as quickly as possible' date=' I had to resort to cancelling the deal"[/b'] - I respect that the manager can't stop it, but like I said in my previous post, I needed a quality cb for the following day, and because he wouldn't accept the bid and just left it (and me) hanging, I had to use plan B.

Hope that makes sense.

...but he didn't "leave the bid hanging" as a Level 5 concern forced transfer is out of the manager's hands like I said - if you're the selling manager you can't accept the bid manually!

It takes 5 days to go through during which time the player could attract one bid or 200 bids, the manager can't pick and choose which bid is accepted as the AI has taken over, when the 5 days is up the highest bid will automatically win...

...but he didn't "leave the bid hanging" as a Level 5 concern forced transfer is out of the manager's hands like I said - if you're the selling manager you can't accept the bid manually!

It takes 5 days to go through during which time the player could attract one bid or 200 bids' date=' the manager can't pick and choose which bid is accepted as the AI has taken over, when the 5 days is up the highest bid will automatically win...[/quote']

Interesting. I've been on the other end myself when my player has had Level 5 concerns and a Transfer Request, and I had the choice of which bid to accept. But this was a while back when I was new to the game, so if you're telling me that adjustments have been made since then, I wasn't aware of that.

I had a player on Level 5 about a month ago, I got 2 bids in for him (only 2 - but he was rather rubbish lol) and when I clicked on Transfer Bids I got the message "The chairman is dealing with this as the player has requested a transfer" and it wouldn't let me do anything, I could see what bids were there but couldn't action either of them.

After 5 days it automatically accepts the highest bid - so when I see a good player on Level 5 in any of my gameworlds I just bid max if I can and wait and see if I get lucky!

I don't think a manager can interfere with level 5 transfer listed player, be it rejecting or accepting the bid.

I saw a cheating case where the buying club offered a ridiculous amount of money for the level 5 managed player. If I am not mistaken the selling club wanted to reject my "low baller" and accept the high value bid, and there is no report "Illegal" on the transfers tab. :rolleyes:

I am going to put my two cents in this debate.

First of all, I understand both sides' arguments. I have been playing the game for about 4 years and I have had several cases where I was ignored by a manager or I ignored him.

Firstly when some manager ignores my bid, I try to send a PM to him. They sometimes respond, most of the times I don't get a response.

At that point, I generally let the bid stay on until it gets rejected and then move on to the next player on my list.

There are times when I ignore bids from other managers. Like at present I have a 30 mil bid for Kevin Strootman. It is a substantial offer and since I bought him for 4 million, it gives me a profit that my team needs to survive.

But Strootman also starts for me, and I need to get a proper replacement for him before I decide whether to sell him. I have made bids for Verrati, Matic and Isco. If any of my bids gets accepted I will sell Strootman otherwise I won't but I can't reject the bid because there is a chance I won't get that good an offer in the near future. I can't even PM the other manager saying that I am considering replacements as he would just start an auction for the those players.

Sometimes, bids are ignored because of impending matches or transfer bans. Like there was a time when I ignored a bid for Lucas Digne for about a week since Alberto Moreno was transfer banned at an unmanaged club.

Similarly, in a gameworld I only sold Ozil after I managed to win the CUP against the club who had made the bid.

BTW, I fully agree with Unavailable feature because when you have a popular player who you don't want to sell e.g. Sterling, Marquinhos, that comes

in handy.