35+

87+

Re: 35+

Sorry guys' date=' im back. I went to the beach this weekend and only had my cell with a weak connection. I tried to apply :(. What did i miss?[/quote']

Everthing. I won the GW and its now all over. There was a naked streaker too :eek:

apply in the next 10 mins and I can accept. otherwise I'll have to do it when I get home from work.

I just tried offering the club to you and it says you are at your limit?

Bearing in mind the way we have gone now waiting for the 20 bids to be accepted first. I think that has to be a rule now that you can't bid until they are accepted otherwise teams coming on and bidding later will end up in the situation we are trying to avoid.

So once the 20 bids are accepted, you can start bidding for higher rated? Or should we wait for everyone to have their bids accepted, so the latecomers also have a chance to join the bidding wars?

So once the 20 bids are accepted' date=' you can start bidding for higher rated? Or should we wait for everyone to have their bids accepted, so the latecomers also have a chance to join the bidding wars?[/quote']

Firstly GW ballsup officialy averted as Village have now withdrawn their offers so all have now done so :)

Sorry for the mess its been at the start :o I should have known better :(

and a big thanks to you all for helping to rectify the mess ;):)

Right so how to proceed from here...

Bearing in mind Muallan got on later than everyone else so is behind in getting the 20 in.

PWND also got on later than most though not as late as Muallan.

A couple of others also had bids which had to be withdrawn so need to bid again for a couple of crappy's (Gozzy yet to withdraw his yet too)

I'm leaning towards no bidding on higher rated players until 12 noon tomorrow (Wednesday 10th September) as most seemed to be able to get on at that time yesterday.

That would enable the crappy player bids to get sorted by all and definitly go through. Then that would also give the most competitiveness for the main bidding too.

There's plenty of time still till the first game of the season so that isn't a problem. Just don't create friendly's yet in case the chairman decides you must have 21 and buys someone.

Thanks again for your cooperation in getting this GW to work. It will be worth it in the end :D

Firstly GW ballsup officialy averted as Village have now withdrawn their offers so all have now done so :)

Sorry for the mess its been at the start :o I should have known better :(

and a big thanks to you all for helping to rectify the mess ;):)

Right so how to proceed from here...

Bearing in mind Muallan got on later than everyone else so is behind in getting the 20 in.

PWND also got on later than most though not as late as Muallan.

A couple of others also had bids which had to be withdrawn so need to bid again for a couple of crappy's (Gozzy yet to withdraw his yet too)

I'm leaning towards no bidding on higher rated players until 12 noon tomorrow (Wednesday 10th September) as most seemed to be able to get on at that time yesterday.

That would enable the crappy player bids to get sorted by all and definitly go through. Then that would also give the most competitiveness for the main bidding too.

There's plenty of time still till the first game of the season so that isn't a problem. Just don't create friendly's yet in case the chairman decides you must have 21 and buys someone.

Thanks again for your cooperation in getting this GW to work. It will be worth it in the end :D

Sounds good to me!

Well the chairmen seem to be a bit slow in getting the paperwork done :rolleyes:

Its been 26 hours now and still no offers accepted :(

In the mean time it will be interesting to see who spends what and how big a wage bill clubs have.

Not sure on wage bill yet but should be tiny with a bunch of 60's on there way with there £300 wage demands :D

Total offered so far 391k so plenty of money in the kitty to assemble the main part of the squad B)

Just thought of something that is probably worth pointing out regarding this part of the rules...

"If a club goes below 30 players the manager faces the punishment of a transfer ban of 4 weeks in which time NO players can be bought except for buying enough players rated 70 or below to take the squad back to a minimum of 30. For every week the squad stays below 30 an extra 2 week's is added to the transfer ban."

Beware of only buying 30 players because if you go into debt due to wages (which most will likely do) you will then need to sell at least 1 player to get out of debt which would force you to break the rule! :eek:

Just thought of something that is probably worth pointing out regarding this part of the rules...

"If a club goes below 30 players the manager faces the punishment of a transfer ban of 4 weeks in which time NO players can be bought except for buying enough players rated 70 or below to take the squad back to a minimum of 30. For every week the squad stays below 30 an extra 2 week's is added to the transfer ban."

Beware of only buying 30 players because if you go into debt due to wages (which most will likely do) you will then need to sell at least 1 player to get out of debt which would force you to break the rule! :eek:

And with a poor economy, I foresee a number of clubs going into debt. It will be interesting how many stabilize and get of it, if not it is will be a vicious downward spiral cycle. :(

And with a poor economy' date=' I foresee a number of clubs going into debt. It will be interesting how many stabilize and get of it, if not it is will be a vicious downward spiral cycle. :([/quote']

I'd be surprised if every team doesn't go into debt after spending 30m on players. The stadium capacity's of the clubs chosen and the poor economy are going to bite hard. But that's whats going to keep it competitive as it will be so hard to keep a quality team for very long due to high wages. Selling players will be the only option to try to stay afloat. Shrewd buying and selling the key to success with SM throwing spanners in the works along the way with player rating drops and retirements.

People shouldn't get disheartened when there team constantly takes a knock and money is hard to come by as you won't be alone. That is the point of the GW and the challenge. Its also why you have to maintain the minimum squad of 30 so that you can sell if needed ;)

Squads could change drastically each season with retirements forced upon us. we might have to go and buy a dozen new players just to keep the 30 player minimum. Come to think of it I need to add a rule about retirements allowing teams to have a bit of time to get a squad together again. Probably along the lines of once the players retire and leave your club you have until the first game of the season to make sure you meet the 30 player squad requirement. I will amend the OP with it. :)

In other news bids accepted :):):):):)

Sunshine_Stars_FC.png

Due to some circumstances Mateusz Piglet wasn't able to accept job as a manager of Mumbai Tigers (India).

But he found very quickly new occasion to get Nigerian club- Sunshine Stars. In second day Piglet accepted 21 transfers. Those players should be only subs for stars who are goin to arrive in next few days.

Please can people check that they are bidding for the right 20 players.

No more than 20

ABC - tonyba has bidded on 20 players rated 70 or below and that is not correct :rolleyes:

Not a lot I can do if the bids go through but he will still need to buy 10 players rated 71-75. He will just have a higher wage bill than he could have had :P

Tomorrows bidding may have to be delayed a day now :(:(:mad:

Check your bids people to make sure the right offers are in as we do need to start bidding for the main players soon!!!

Please can people check that they are bidding for the right 20 players.

No more than 20

ABC - tonyba has bidded on 20 players rated 70 or below and that is not correct :rolleyes:

Not a lot I can do if the bids go through but he will still need to buy 10 players rated 71-75. He will just have a higher wage bill than he could have had :P

Tomorrows bidding may have to be delayed a day now :(:(:mad:

Check your bids people to make sure the right offers are in as we do need to start bidding for the main players soon!!!

i've done the same mistake when i started bidding. thank god i know to read :rolleyes:.

btw. my all 20 bids are accepted ;).

Good news tonyba is now online and withdrawing bids and bidding on the other 10 that he needs.

This means they will go through before the normal bidding effects it.

As far as I can tell no one is to far off the 20 players now, maybe 1 or 2 and if so the responsibility is on you still to get them in.

Bidding for the higher rated players will go ahead as stated earlier today.

12.00 noon UK time

I will post on here and in game when all is OK to make it easier for people abroad to know when you have the green light to start bidding but I think most of you know when it is as its the same time as when I accepted people into the GW yesterday.

Finally the fun will begin and my stress levels will go down :rolleyes::P

Just checked every ones teams and the transfers that are accepted.

below is what still needs to happen...

The Strongest......1........71-75

Defence Force......2........70-

Air Force AVIA......1........71-75

ABC....................10.......71-75 (1 GK)

You may already have bids in that arn't accepted yet (tonyba of ABC does I think) but I thought I would just bring it to your attention incase you didn't realise ;)

Other than that all is looking really good and I see no reason to cancel the bidding today :D

Bidding commences in 2 hours 29 minutes :eek:

You may already have bids in that arn't accepted yet (tonyba of ABC does I think) but I thought I would just bring it to your attention incase you didn't realise ;)

Other than that all is looking really good and I see no reason to cancel the bidding today :D

Sounds good if ABC as you said has bids in, 1 or 2 players for others shouldn't be a problem. All set to go everyone then !

ABC bids accepted and all good :)

Defence Force bids accepted and all good :)

Bidding commences in 1 hours 15 minutes :)