35+

87+

Re: 35+

Hi all' date=' couldn't get on much yesterday with family stuff going on, but am back on and have updated the interested list. I will keep applications going for a while but in the mean time it will do you no harm in showing me you are active on the forum as preferably I would like people to be active on this GW thread once the GW gets underway as it helps keep interest and makes things more interesting :D

Today I will post the clubs I have chosen to be a part of the GW. I haven't decided how to distribute clubs amongst people yet but as I intend to take first pick :P (for my efforts) I am leaning more towards people eventually saying who they would like to be rather than randomly assigning clubs as I assume people would prefer that? (DON'T START SAYING CAN I BE XXXXX YET WAIT TILL THE CLUB DISTRIBUTION METHOD HAS BEEN DECIDED AND THAT YOU PART OF THE GW)

So I guess this will be a good start to showing me how active you are at looking at this thread and willingness to post I suppose (though not the be all and end all) Any ideas on how best to divvy up the clubs fee free to fire away!

How do you expect us to show our activity on forums if we can't pick a team yet? :confused:

Hi all' date=' couldn't get on much yesterday with family stuff going on, but am back on and have updated the interested list. I will keep applications going for a while but in the mean time it will do you no harm in showing me you are active on the forum as preferably I would like people to be active on this GW thread once the GW gets underway as it helps keep interest and makes things more interesting :D

Today I will post the clubs I have chosen to be a part of the GW. I haven't decided how to distribute clubs amongst people yet but as I intend to take first pick :P (for my efforts) I am leaning more towards people eventually saying who they would like to be rather than randomly assigning clubs as I assume people would prefer that? (DON'T START SAYING CAN I BE XXXXX YET WAIT TILL THE CLUB DISTRIBUTION METHOD HAS BEEN DECIDED AND THAT YOU PART OF THE GW)

So I guess this will be a good start to showing me how active you are at looking at this thread and willingness to post I suppose (though not the be all and end all) Any ideas on how best to divvy up the clubs fee free to fire away!

Well I guess we need to know if we are going to be in 1st otherwise there will be the rambling of can I have this or that club.

However, if I do make it in then random is the fairest method IMHO

How do you expect us to show our activity on forums if we can't pick a team yet? :confused:

I asked for ideas of how clubs should be distributed. This needs to be decided so I thought I would ask those interested in taking part.

So you just want people to start rambling randomness here to 'prove' their activity? :P

Yes. I mean no. ;) Its not randomness I asked for ideas on club distribution. I'm looking to weed out any people that logged in one day and applied to be a part of the GW but then don't bother checking back on the GW thread and in truth rarely looks at the forum. Accepting that kind of person is not good for a GW like this and is in everyone's interest that I am able to rule them out so they don't take the place of someone who is genuinely interested in joining. If I don't know you or see that you are keeping tabs on what is going on it will be hard to do this. I want to try and avoid a situation where someone joins just because the GW is new but then leaves a few days or weeks later :(

Well I guess we need to know if we are going to be in 1st otherwise there will be the rambling of can I have this or that club.

However' date=' if I do make it in then random is the fairest method IMHO[/quote']

I have stated I don't want people saying I want this or that club and will ignore requests like this untill if/ when I'm accepting requests.

Yeah Random is fair but I would prefer to try and get people to manage clubs they like the sound of (hence why i'm choosing mine). Perhaps I could take a list of preference from people then try and work it out from that using coin flips when needed?

Well, club distribution, I'd say have a go with letting people pick. You'd see soon enough whether that's working out or becoming a mess (with lot of clubs it's likely to be a mess :D), and then randomness is both easiest and fairest. But if its possible for people to pick their favourite club, or rule out getting a certain club, I'd definitely prefer that.

For example, I don't like managing one club in different GW's. Especially customs because it gets hard to keep track of things :P But at the same time there are a lot of clubs that I don't manage yet, but among which I don't have preference. So if there's 20 clubs to pick from, and I already manage two of those in other GW's, I would really like if those two could be managed by someone who actually wants to pick that club rather than me. And in return I wouldn't mind getting either of those 18 other clubs.

Oh I forgot to say I will do a Hall Of Fame for this GW too like I have done with 87+. :)

It will have...

LEAGUE DIV 1 TITLE WINNERS

LEAGUE DIV 2 TITLE WINNERS

DIVISION 2 PLAYOFF WINNERS

35+ CUP WINNERS

35+ CHARITY SHIELD WINNERS

BEST GAME WORLD MANAGERS OF ALL TIME

ALL TIME LEAGUE APPS

ALL TIME LEAGUE GS

ALL TIME LEAGUE ASS

ALL TIME LEAGUE AvP

ALL TIME RECORD TRANSFERS

TRANSFER SUMMERY

HISTORY OF NUMBER OF TIMES PROMOTED AND RELEGATED

For a clearer picture of this will look at the OP of the 87+ thread

Quick question regarding the rules.

Players only 35+ - easily understood.

With the 20 players rated 70 or below.

After these 20, obviously you have to sign another 10 players. Are these players able to be above 70 as long as they are 35+ or have to stay below 70?

Right here is the Grand unveiling of clubs to be included in the GW (also now posted in OP) :)

CLUBS................................CAPACITY

1 The Strongest……….……….....15,000

2 Deportiva Wanka……….……...20,000

3 Tractor Club……….………….....15,000

4 FC Jazz……….……….……........12,300

5 Dolphin FC……….………….......25,000

6 Sunshine Stars……….………...15,000

7 Warri Wolves……….………......20,000

8 Golden Arrows……….……......20,000

9 United FC……….…………........18,000

10 San Antonio Scorpions…….11,122

11 United Africa Tigers………...10,300

12 Mumbai Tigers……….……....12,000

13 Tarxien Rainbows………......17,000

14 Army United FC…………......25,000

15 Airforce AVIA…………….......25,000

16 Police United……….…….......25,000

17 Rochester Rhinos………......13,768

18 Village United……….…….....25,000

19 Ottawa Fury……….……….....24,000

20 ABC……….……….……...........18,000

Maybe this will help people decide on how distribution should be handled?:eek:

Right here is the Grand unveiling of clubs to be included in the GW (also now posted in OP) :)

1 The Strongest……….……….....15' date='000

Maybe this will help people decide on how distribution should be handled?:eek:[/quote']

Some great team names there I sense a comical theme here :P

1 The Strongest……….……….....15' date='000

Maybe this will help people decide on how distribution should be handled?:eek:[/quote']

some names are really funny lol Tractors lol

I think it might be a good idea if people who are chosen to be part of the game world say their top 3 club preferences, give straight away those who haven't got any competition for at least 1/3 teams their choice, and teams with more than one contenders can be given out with a random draw between the people who are interested in taking control of them.

I think it might be a good idea if people who are chosen to be part of the game world say their top 3 club preferences' date=' give straight away those who haven't got any competition for at least 1/3 teams their choice, and teams with more than one contenders can be given out with a random draw between the people who are interested in taking control of them.[/quote']

Yeah this sounds a promising way to do it, and once that round is over we could repeat it again for the managers who didn't get a club in the first round with the clubs still remaining :)

does it really matter in who gets what club?

Spoken like a true club hopper :P

Some will, some won't?

Some might not want to manage a bunch of Wanka's :eek::D

Yeah this sounds a promising way to do it' date=' and once that round is over we could repeat it again for the managers who didn't get a club in the first round with the clubs still remaining :)

Spoken like a true club hopper :P

Some will, some won't?

Some might not want to manage a bunch of Wanka's :eek::D[/quote']

Some might relish the chance to manage a club associated to themselves :P

I for one don't mind who I get as the real challenge comes when you need to sign players.

Quick question regarding the rules.

Players only 35+ - easily understood.

With the 20 players rated 70 or below.

After these 20' date=' obviously you have to sign another 10 players. Are these players able to be above 70 as long as they are 35+ or have to stay below 70?[/quote']

Sorry missed this post :o

All players must be 35+

After the first 20 players (of 70 and below) any rating can be bought :)

So who's going to be the first to buy Pirlo and Buffon?

Win season 1 and rebuild for the next 3 seasons :D

If someone blows 22m of their 30m buying 2 players I might have to bang my head against a wall in frustration as the rest of their squad would surely be shocking. Now Ive said this someone will probably take this as an invitation to try and prove me wrong :rolleyes::(

My interest in the GW appears to have been overlooked :eek: but I don't see which team one gets as a major boost or handicap in the game so should not cause much issues if random. Everyone has to build a squad from scratch after all.

Sorry mate I didn't do it on purpose (or did I ;)) I have now added you to the list :)

Since it is empty squad i cant see no problem on people picking their club, also i think all clubs should have the same Stadium cap or really close like 20k-25k instead of some with 12k and others with 25k like you have in your list. With poor economy, every supporter that comes to your game makes a difference :D.