35+

87+

Re: 35+

Village United are pleased to announce there first signing Archie Thompson from the mighty Melbourne Victory - yes there is a little bias there from the Aussie manager of Village United :P

Archie is a welcome addition and will help to add some quality depth to the Village team that is looking to build on the strong showing where automatic promotion was achieved after winning Div 2 last season.

Village hope to add some more talent while they are still out of debt....for now :P

Also, welcome Gizb the Zimmerframe show :)

This season your Chairman expects you to finish in the top half of the table.

Thats not too bad an expectation :) Though basically what he is saying is dont get relegated :rolleyes:

My expectations are a little higher than that though as I would hope to be challenging for the title again this season as we should have a slightly better team this season. The cup will be a stretch to far again id imagine as we will lack depth once again but with SM's match engine you never know ;)

Put a few more bids in. 5 in 2 out possibly and if they go through that will very much likely be our transfer activity over as the money will have run out :eek: with a squad of 33 in all :)

Season 1 transfer activity summary...

ALL TIME RECORD TRANSFERS (Bold from/normal too)

Position......Player Name................Club.......................... ...Cost

1...............Frank Lampard.............Police United...............12.2

2...............Andrea Pirlo.................Air force AVIA................11.9

3...............Gianluigi Buffon............Tractor Club..................10.5

4...............Frank Lampard.............Police United...................9.8

5...............Ricardo Carvalho..........Air Force AVIA..............9.6

6...............Miroslav Klose..............Naxxar Lions...................9.5

7...............Claudio Pizzaro.............Police United................8.8

8...............Sylvain Distin...............Air Force AVIA..............8.6

9...............Andre Dias...................Dolphins FC..................8.5

10.............Mario Yepes..................Police United................8.1

TRANSFER SUMMERY

Season......No. .........Total.....................Avg............ ...Highest

1..............862..........1,049,343,000.......1, 217,335......12.2

Pretty good going I reckon :)

There was 600m available to spend between all the teams at the start of the season yet about 1.05bn got spent over the season by either our clubs or externals buying our players. I can't imagine this season can top that or possibly any season for that matter from what I have seen in 87+ as the first season is tends to be a bit of a monster but you never know ;)

Police United have recouped nearly all their starting 30m from selling just 3 players to bring in 29.1m :eek::eek::eek:

Unfortunately we have lost another manger :(

Cristiano Ronaldo of Defence Force will not be defending his title as he doesn't have enough time to play SM and gave his last club (Defence Force up)

So a couple of managers have left recently and another might be on his way as he hasn't logged in for a while. Its a shame but it was the same when I started 87+ and knew this was likely to happen here also as it takes time for a GW to settle and find enough longer term managers.

With short numbers on the forum nowadays it is harder to fill spots in the GW's but hopefully in time we can build up a waiting list to get in like there is in 87+. In the mean time I will approach forumers who i think might be interested in joining the GW and would appreciate your help also in finding new managers to come in as that has been a successful way of finding long term managers in 87+.

Thanks for your support in trying to make this a successful GW

Monkeyshuffl :)

I want join 35+' date='seems interesting gw

Have been around 2 seasons in 87+ at Crewe but due to some problems in RL should left the game but now I'm ready to play again[/quote']

Hi Scrool I remember you well :) you were an original member of the 87+ GW and still have the most games managed at Crewe of 81 games which means you must have done about 4 seasons ;) You got together a pretty good team there and left just before Crewe went on to win the Div 1 title under Noisey's guidance. They were also the last team to experience division 2 football If I remember correctly as It took them quite a while to get relegated which takes some doing when 40% of the division gets relegated.

They have fallen on tough times in recent seasons though and and currently find themselves bottom of Div 2. Recently they have come under new management of Nikidinho (also in this GW) :)

It would be great to have back involved in my GW's so of course you are welcome to take over the available club. I will go offer it to you or if that doesn't work just apply (I know your in game name) :)

IMPORTANT NOTE

Most managers seem to understand the need to sell their current players for profit but for those that haven't started the process yet I can't stress enough how important this is to do. Its what the GW is all about. Buy, Sell, Repeat.

Most clubs went into debt last season and will continue to lose money. The ONLY way to counter this is to buy cheap and sell on for profit in order to clear club debt and buy new players. Thats what the GW was designed to do to create a dynamic experience.

If you don't do it the club you manage will suffer which will harm the GW and ruin it for everyone in the long term. There is no room for sentiment in holding on to players. Play the game you asked to join.

Thanks

IMPORTANT NOTE

Most managers seem to understand the need to sell their current players for profit but for those that haven't started the process yet I can't stress enough how important this is to do. Its what the GW is all about. Buy' date=' Sell, Repeat.

Most clubs went into debt last season and will continue to lose money. The [i']ONLY[/i] way to counter this is to buy cheap and sell on for profit in order to clear club debt and buy new players. Thats what the GW was designed to do to create a dynamic experience.

If you don't do it the club you manage will suffer which will harm the GW and ruin it for everyone in the long term. There is no room for sentiment in holding on to players. Play the game you asked to join.

Thanks

Or you can be a good manager and stay in the black ;)

Well all my wheeling and dealing has been done and I have got to say I am very pleased with how my team has come together :D

The only player of any note to stay from last season is Tarlea (77) the rest rated above him either retired or were sold on.

this seasons line up

........................................De Sanctis (90)..........................................

Boyce (86)...............Brown (86)..............Camara (86)..............Lino (85)

Baier (83).................Rubio (86)..............Valeron (85)..............Alan (86)

..............................Tamudo (85)..........Emerson (85)...........................

Pretty good I reckon :D

Happy to be in this gw,get Defence Force and soon realise that have very tough mission to defend the title,don't know how the manager before me do it with that team but will give everything to finish at good position.

The team don't have any big stars,Tymoschuk and Lobont are the best players here and the others are mainly 84 and 83 rated.The weak points of the team could be central defenders and the biggest problem is the forward position where I have only 1(75 rated) and some <70 rated players

Well all my wheeling and dealing has been done and I have got to say I am very pleased with how my team has come together :D

The only player of any note to stay from last season is Tarlea (77) the rest rated above him either retired or were sold on.

this seasons line up

........................................De Sanctis (90)..........................................

Boyce (86)...............Brown (86)..............Camara (86)..............Lino (85)

Baier (83).................Rubio (86)..............Valeron (85)..............Alan (86)

..............................Tamudo (85)..........Emerson (85)...........................

Pretty good I reckon :D

Wow looks amazing that's a strong first XI !!

Good luck paying the wages :P

Wow looks amazing that's a strong first XI !!

Good luck paying the wages :P

Strangely enough even though my team is quite a bit better than last season the wages are only 22k more than last season :eek: so It should work out less than 3m of debt I reckon which is manageable.

Its time again for the new seasons preview write up. I attempted to start it the other day and quickly realised it was a bit pointless doing it at the moment as so many teams are clearing players out. Instead I will wait until the first game of the season has passed then I will write up a summary of where teams are at then as most will have tried to get there squad mostly sorted by then I would imagine which will give a better picture of a clubs squad strength. :)

Remember its the first game this Sunday so make sure you have at least 30 players by then!!!

Fred Ziko has guided Dolphins FC to a Charity Shield Final win against Defence Force!! Dolphins FC beat Defence Force 7 - 2 in a sensational final to lift the trophy.

Toni was impressive and scored a hat-trick, later being voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Carobbio and Bruns were also amongst the goalscorers.

New biggest cup win record for Dolphins FC. Dolphins FC have set a new record in the cup by beating Defence Force 2 - 7.

The Dolphins FC club record for highest scoring cup game has been broken. The game against Defence Force finished 2 - 7.

Dolphins FC have won the Charity Shield!

Booooooom! :D :D :D

What a start to the season, another golden page written in the history of our club, 35+ Cup winners, Division 2 Play-off winners and now Charity Shield winners! B)

Not to mention the money the club has got from all these big finals :D we needed this in order to stay competitive as we have the lowest attendance in Division 1! :(

The good news is that we had highly successful debuts for Samuel (88, bought in place of Dias-87), Carrobio (80, bought in place of Rosa-80 who scored 1 goal and had 1 assist) Simao (87, bought in place of Haroon-81 who managed an assist) and Tinga (82, bought in place of Fabiano-80 with 1 assist and 1 goal)

The bad news is that in his debut also, Taylor (80) was injured and will be out for 4 days. Finally my players will be too tired to play the 1st game of the season in the league against Rochester, so the only notable ones to play will be Howard alongside Bonet (85, bought in place of Cassetti-84) & Romagnoli (83, bought in place of Silva-83) who weren't fit enough to play their 1st ever game for us.

Happy with my squad but still waiting for 1 or 2 last minute gifts to the fans after the cash injection from winning tonight ;)