35+

87+

Re: 35+

So in a gist' date=' teams cannot go below 30 at any time, that includes off season.

-------------------------------

If the above is true then good luck if you have a squad size just above 30 and have a handful of players retiring, especially if it is your big player retiring. Plus most teams will probably be in the red at the end of the season, and adding to the fact that a number of transfers were done after the first friendly of the new season, which means their transfer ban will not be up till then. So there is little room for teams to avoid breaking this rule because their squad/players are either:

not big enough (size: 30-34)

transfer banned (could range up to the whole squad)

retiring (say 5 players retiring)

I foresee that teams will have to do transfers during the seasons, between Turns, meaning buy and sell between the Turns but still hit the 30 player mark.[/quote']

Damn (good points), me thinks you are right :(

Back to the drawing board :o

Damn (good points)' date=' me thinks you are right :(

Back to the drawing board :o[/quote']

Stay with the rules, just find out why people broke them. I for example didn't pay much attention to when the first game of the season was starting because of exam week. Under normal circumstances, I'd have not broken that rule.

Two of the three teams got to the team quota a few hours after the game. The rules are fine me thinks.

Damn (good points)' date=' me thinks you are right :(

Back to the drawing board :o[/quote']

The transfer ban thing will be a certain problem, because once the TB are up, it takes time for the external bids to come in say 2-4 days, which means the waiting time could be up to a turn (Thursday - Sunday) and this effect could hurt the wage bill and the TB for the next bunch of new players will snowball on.

Of course if you have a squad of 31 players, you will just have buy and sell 1 player at the time, or get in 2 players for the sale of 1, just to avoid breaking the rules. Then again, it needs lots of policing.

If you need some help or ideas do voice out maybe the other managers can help out, I won't necessarily shoot them down, but I would give my fair input based on my limited experience.

Stay with the rules' date=' just find out why people broke them. I for example didn't pay much attention to when the first game of the season was starting because of exam week. Under normal circumstances, I'd have not broken that rule.

Two of the three teams got to the team quota a few hours after the game. The rules are fine me thinks.[/quote']

The transfer ban thing will be a certain problem' date=' because once the TB are up, it takes time for the external bids to come in say 2-4 days, which means the waiting time could be up to a turn (Thursday - Sunday) and this effect could hurt the wage bill and the TB for the next bunch of new players will snowball on.

Of course if you have a squad of 31 players, you will just have buy and sell 1 player at the time, or get in 2 players for the sale of 1, just to avoid breaking the rules. Then again, it needs lots of policing.

If you need some help or ideas do voice out maybe the other managers can help out, I won't necessarily shoot them down, but I would give my fair input based on my limited experience.[/quote']

I'd happily welcome all ideas on this as it was a rule I didn't like even before starting the GW but felt there needs to be some safeguard in place to stop a team going into debt and having only 21 players and never having the possibility of getting out of debt due to a spiraling wage drain.

We have time at least to work something out before it becomes a problem again and the more heads analiysing it the more chance of getting it right hopefully :)

In other news Tranmere has kindly said he would do the review for me this season as I can't see that I will have the time until next week due to work demands. Those of you in 87+ will know he does a great season preview (better than mine :o) so I for one look forward to reading his analysis :)

Season 2 preview

Division 1

Defence Force

Strengths: Champions last year, having won 12 games out of 18, more than anyone in the game world and scoring the most goals in division 1 (36). Star players Tymoschuk and Dainelli with decent support. 15 players make up the their first team squad so there is room to rotate and deal with the odd injury or suspension, especially in midfield. Can they win back to back titles ?

Weakness: Could do with better options upfront. Under new managment there is lots of pressure to meet last seasons good performances. Confidence took a hit by losing the Charity Shield final!

Tarxien Rainbows

Strengths: De Sanctis is their star player in goal, replacing Cordoba. Last years runners up have also got another 9 players rated 85 and above meaning they have one of the best starting XI out there and will be looking to go one step further this time around!

Weakness: They lost the title last year having gone into the final game leading the rest of the bunch, the dissapointment must be huge. Can they overcome it and turn it into more motivation only time will tell...

Army United FC

Strengths:They have gone for quantity this year and alongside star gk Hildebrand find themselves with 16 other players rated 80 and over. Lost the fewest games in division 1 last year (5) and missed out on the title only by 3 points.

Weakness: Could do with more quality as they might regret selling Henry and Lucio if they start to struggle.

Tractor Club

Strengths: Star player and general superstar of the GW (alongside Pirlo), Buffon as well as Pizarro and 8 more players rated 81 or above. Lost only 5 games last year, a joint top flight record and conceded the fewest goals (21) which shows that the italian goalkeeper was a wise investment.

Weakness: Not a lot of quality spread throughout the squad as they have decided to rely on a very small bunch of players rather than have more options available to them.

Viking FK

Strengths: 3 big stars in Drogba, Cesar and Conti and another 9 players rated 80 and over complete their first team! They have the best fans around giving them generous attendances in each home game, meaning more money in the bank!

Weakness: Probably the most inpredictable team in the league last season winning 9 games and losing 9 games, if they managed to turn half of those defeats into draws they could have had a title challenge on their hands, Their second team consists of 75 rated players, a risk if injuries occur.

Golden Arrows

Strengths: An impresive all rated 85 starting line up that could beat anyone on their day.

Weakness: No squad depth at all will leave them in a dangerous position should their star players become unavailable, Only stayed up by 3 points last season.

Village United

Strengths: Won the division 2 title easily last season, conceding a gameworld record 19 goals and losing only 3 games all year. Star player Di Natale should bring plenty of goals whilst being complemented by no less than 12 other players rated 80 or above.

Weakness: Looking to make their mark on the top division this season, but could do with a few more quality players to support Di Natale.

Rochester Rhinos

Strengths: Star players Ceni and Milito and decent players all above 83 to help make up their first team. Runners up of division 2 last year, scoring the most goals out of anyone in the game world (39)!

Weakness:Looks like they could do with another winger, plus any second team options they have are all 75 rated players, small squad consisting of 30 players.

Police United

Strengths: Managed to gain automatic promotion in the last game of the season and look a big threat. They have the best squad depth consisting of 22 players rated 80 and above :eek: Forland, Raul and Josue are the star men. Should be considered as the favourites for the Cup but also capable of making their mark in the league.

Weakness:Their team has changed everything and it will be a issue when the new players can gel together. Will they miss the quality of Lampard, Pizarro, Yepes and Pinto for the strategy of quantity this year ?

Dolphins FC

Strengths: They can boast no less than 6 star players rated 87 and above amongst their ranks including Howard in goal. Coming from a great season winning the Cup, division 2 play off and Charity Shield. Having the highest rated top 18 players and the highest total valued squad they should be challenging the top ends of the table.

Weakness: Haven't started the season very well, managing 1 point after 2 games, can they adjust to life in division 1 before its too late ?

Division 2

Moroka Swallows

Strengths: Didn't avoid the drop in the end although the had the beast named Emile Heskey who won the golden boot last season B) No real stars as such but a decent first team squad of players rated 80 or above. A good second team that could go far in the cup.

Weakness: Their highest rated player is Nivet (85) which means they are short of quality, no star men could prove costly for them.

Warri Wolves

Strengths: Much will be depending on the shoulders of star man Marquez and Dida in goal. Did well in the cup last year getting as far as the final.

Weakness: Had the worst defence of division 1 last season. Looks like they will struggle this season too, with little chances of getting promoted, 5 first team players will be rated 72 and under...

The Strongest

Strengths: Going to be mean here but nothing to be cheerful about for the fans of the strongest this season... :( Maybe no expectations is the only good thing ?

Weakness: Well this season looks like an upcoming disaster. Not even 1 player rated 80 or above, their season if surely over before its even began! Favourites for last place! :eek:

Sunshine Stars

Strengths: Star players Helton and Abriel but not much support. Looks like 3 players rated 80 and above are set to join them in the next few hours.

Weakness: Strikers missfired last season managing only 21 goals. Another dissapointing season is on the cards as they failed to assemble the 30 man squad and currently only have 7 players rated 80 and above. With transfers about to come in can they turn their fortunes around ?

Naxxar Lions

Strengths: Was challenging until the last day of the season, but lost the play off final and their promotion dreams must wait for another year. 2 star players in Klose and Friedel. Look solid in defence.

Weakness: A weakish second team. They need reinforcements in midfield and especially in the wide areas and could do with someone to support Klose upfront.

Air Force AVIA

Strength:They pulled of the biggest transfer so far bringing in Pirlo! They will be hoping he will guide them into Division 1, a similar story to Police last season. He isn't alone though as he can rely on Abbiati, Ignashevich, Ayovi and Weligton.

Weakness: No squad depth available to them so they will need to avoid suspensions and injuries or they will struggle, won't make an impact on the cup with the quantity of players they have.

Ottawa Fury

Strengths: Star players Aranzubia, McCauley, Soriano and Simmons form their foundation. Good squad depth should mean they will be one of the favourites for the cup and could prove vital in the league.

Weakness: Not much quality in their squad. Need strengthening in the wide areas (defence and midfield).

United FC

Strengths: Olivera is their main man and with 15 players rated 80 or above in total gives them a chance of a good cup run.

Weakness: No real star players. Need to solve their scoring problem as they only managed 19 goals last season, the worst attacking record in division 2.

Deportivo Wanka

Strengths: Italian stars Storari and Sardo are waiting for the arrivals of Hilton and Noveski creating one of the best back lines in the league.

Weakness: Could do with quality wingers and another striker to complete a strong defence.

ABC

Strengths: Star player Francesco Totti to bang in the goals and Richard Dunne to help keep them out at the other end. All their outfield players are 80 and above.

Weakness: Their goalkeeper is the weakest link in their team and needs replacing if we look at last seasons stats. Finished last in division 2 conceding a shocking 39 goals! Not a lot of squad depth to call upon either.

Fred Ziko was unable to prevent a Dolphins FC defeat to Tractor Club.

Dolphins FC slumped to a 2 - 1 defeat to Tractor Club in their Division 1 fixture.

Olić was on the scoresheet for his side.

Not giving too much importance to this result as we had 30 shots, scored another goal that was ruled offside and the man of the match was no other than Buffon in goal for Tractor Club. Need a result against Defence Force now!

Air Force AVIA slumped to a 4 - 0 defeat against Naxxar Lions in their Division 2 fixture.

Air Force AVIA have suffered their biggest ever home league defeat after losing 0 - 4 to Naxxar Lions.

Today the "fringe" players showed our clear lack of depth, even a senior player and captain for the match, Abbiati, couldn't wait to join his fellow seniors for a night's off by letting in all of the Lions shots on target.

Hopefull this isn't a sign of our season falling apart. Hahaha.

Yes, thanks for the preview Tranmere, must spread.

Fantastic preview Tranmere mate. Police United could only get a draw against Viking FC 1-1 today. Raul got injured and this will be my first test whether my strategy to get depth actually works. Last season if Lampard is injured,i'll be playing 70 rated player but now i can field 80 rated one to replace Raul

KJ KJ steered Army United FC to victory against Village United.

Army United FC beat Village United 2 - 0 in their Division 1 fixture.

Raymonda scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Brienza was also on the scoresheet for his side.

Great start to the season. Cant ask more from the players. New signings are working well together. Lets hope we can do better than last season :D;)

Matthew Sampson steered Naxxar Lions to victory against Air Force AVIA.

Naxxar Lions outclassed Air Force AVIA and beat them 4 - 0 in their Division 2 fixture.

Caicedo was impressive and scored a hat-trick, later being voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Klose was also on the scoresheet for his side.

Jump to the top of the table after being the only team to not drop any points after two games. Lets hope the run continues

I buy a player' date=' he drops the next day :')

Wonderful GW!!

(Sorry for being gone for a while...)[/quote']

Thats karma for not posting :P;)

Division 1

Tarxien Rainbows

Strengths: De Sanctis is their star player in goal' date=' replacing Cordoba. Last years runners up have also got another 9 players rated 85 and above meaning they have one of the best starting XI out there and will be looking to go one step further this time around!

Weakness: They lost the title last year having gone into the final game leading the rest of the bunch, the dissapointment must be huge. Can they overcome it and turn it into more motivation only time will tell...

[/quote']

Superb work mate as usual and super quick too :eek:

can't rep as spread b0llocks is in play :rolleyes:

Monkeyshuffl steered Tarxien Rainbows to victory against Rochester Rhinos.

Tarxien Rainbows beat Rochester Rhinos 2 - 1 in their Division 1 fixture.

Valerón scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Emerson was also on the scoresheet for his side.

We left it quite late to get the goals and they snatched one at the end but we did enough to get the win! Up to 4th and 2 points behind the leaders :)

Back in debt lol :(:o

After a poor start Village United picked up their first points of the season after promotion to Div 1 using Di Natale and Archie Thompson for the 1st time proved a master stroke as the strikers linked up well

Michael Hudson steered Village United to victory against Tarxien Rainbows.

Village United beat Tarxien Rainbows 4 - 1 in their Division 1 fixture.

Bornosuzov scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Di Natale and Thompson were also amongst the goalscorers.

After a poor start Village United picked up their first points of the season after promotion to Div 1 using Di Natale and Archie Thompson for the 1st time proved a master stroke as the strikers linked up well

Michael Hudson steered Village United to victory against Tarxien Rainbows.

Village United beat Tarxien Rainbows 4 - 1 in their Division 1 fixture.

Bornosuzov scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Di Natale and Thompson were also amongst the goalscorers.

Can't believe that result :mad: My team were about 26 points better yet get thumped :confused: My goalkeeper must have been trying to save the ball with his forhead or something because it didn't seem like his arms were keeping much out :rolleyes:

Matthew Sampson steered Naxxar Lions to victory against United FC.

Naxxar Lions beat United FC 3 - 1 in their Division 2 fixture.

Klose scored a brace and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Kalynychenko was also on the scoresheet for his side.

Lions have now won all three of their fixtures so far this season

Army United FC have progressed to the next round of the 35+ Cup

Army United FC outclassed Defence Force and beat them 2 - 0 in their 35+ Cup Round 1 fixture.

Peu scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Romero was also on the scoresheet for his side.

Close game, but we managed to scrap thru.