Sign in to follow this  
Safir

Euro 2016

Re: Euro 2016

But still more than anybody likes you.....:P

Terrible post praising Scotland's performance how insulting :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Just as a side note I couldn't really give a rats whether Scotland go Independent or not ain't gunna make a blind bit of difference to my life' date='[/quote']

no-one picked at this.

you will care when wales and n.i join forces with us to destroy your country and "ireland too just for laughs".:D

Been to Scotland countless times. The word 'hellhole' is a good one.

It ain't that bad. I've been to far worse places.

They ain't even got there own ground it's just plain stupid why they are allowed to compete' date=' surely that is a minimum requirement?!?! :o[/quote']

They actually have their own ground (according to Wikipedia, the ground is shared between 22 clubs! :eek::o), but it doesn't meet UEFA's minimum capacity ruling of holding 8,000 spectators. The Victoria Stadium only holds 5,000.

So they're building a new stadium which is expected to be ready next year.

Scotland's got some stunning scenery' date=' to be fair. My favourite place on earth happens to be in Scotland, as well. Tis a shame about the people.[/quote']

won't really argue with that to a extent , generally people visiting sco say they're the most friendly and welcoming people you can find, although most are nice even being scottish i have problems understanding wth they say if i go to a different region of the country. Don't really know about Eng but SCO are a secret racist country what you read from m.mckay's text messages is general racist banter which goes on all round the country. that said i have nothing against english people who don't have strong accents and not full of themselves or actually buy a pint which is as rare as as finding the lochness monster.

Great set of results for the home nations all round so far, no pressure England.

Ireland generally played poorly, it's frustrating to see such limited midfielders like Whelan, Walters and Quinn on the pitch when you've got the likes of Robbie Brady and Wes Hoolahan on the bench who could have opened Georgia up. The tactics were poor as well, playing high crosses to Robbie Keane all day wasn't going to work, Georgia looked weak when Ireland attacked them through the middle but they didn't really attempt to this aside from both goals. Great win for them though, that's a difficult place to go to and I'd expect one of Scotland or Poland to slip up there, the McGeady goal was out of this world.

Scotland were excellent, particularly in the second half. Naismith and Anya were particularly good and on another day they might have got something. Real shame about the refereeing performance, got both red card decisions horribly wrong and didn't add anywhere near an appropriate amount of time on for the Reus injury and Mulgrew red card.

I didn't watch the Northern Ireland game, but that win for them was so important. They now have a real chance of finishing third, and even if they weren't to qualify at least they'd be seeing that it can be possible for them to qualify which would bring a lot of positivity towards the support of the national team.

I think it's fair enough that Gibraltar have been allowed in, they're intending to have a ground up to the standards required soon. Andorra have been competing for years without a ground, now they've got one it doesn't look like the pitch is going to be up to it for the opening game.

Wales have been frankly awful in this first half in almost every respect.

Conceding to Andorra is Embaressing enough but the general play has been dire! Ramsey has been complete poo, Bale getting them out of a spot.

Difficult pitch but seriously this is woeful.

EDIT: Andorra's first competitive goal in four years :o

The pitch just isn't up to it, it's giving way to the ball and the pitch has to have a high risk of causing injury.

Wales haven't played well, Ramsey's been poor, King's been poor and Gunter's been Gunter, it's been frustrating and the constant refereeing decision going against us have made it even more frustrating. There's plenty of time to make that poor first half right though.

I'm not embarrassed to have conceded though, it was just a dive in my book and those sorts of things can happen in football. Yes, Taylor had his hands on him but he didn't commit a foul and that could happen to any side. In that situation it doesn't the quality of the opposition didn't really matter.

England were drawing at half time with Andorra in 2007 and 2008 and won comfortably, we just need patience. Minnows generally get found out in the second half of games.

Can't agree with your analysis of the penalty Jack, the replays clearly show your bloke pulling his shirt and can have no complaints, stupid thing to do he don't need to tug the shirt does he, why do it??

Yes the bloke can't wait to go down but then most players would all do the same thing, don't give the officials an excuse and then they can't give a penalty.

The pitch is bad but then again your players are of much better quality and should be doing much better, wonderful cross by Davies for the goal apart the lack of quality has been alarming, I mean what other chance have you created?. Can't really remember any and against a side as poor as Andorra that really is unacceptable.

Hope you turn it around always want the home nations (bar Scotland to an extent) to do well and this is the best chance you will have of qualifying for a long long time.

Sure you will go on and win but been very Dissapointing thus far.

Talk about get out of jail

Andorra 1 Bale 2

Quality free kick late in the game seals it for Wales. Woeful performance and did not even look capable of creating a chance yet alone scoring, just as inept in the second half as in the first so Dissapointing.

Rescued by the brilliance of one man apart from him everybody else was useless, but it is three points and with the shock in Bosnia it turns into a great night for Wales, funny old game football!!

EDIT| The Andorra side completely lost there head forget the pitch it is the thuggery of there players that is the danger! dunno how bad Ramsey's injury is, don't look to serious but then you never know.

Can't agree with your analysis of the penalty Jack' date=' the replays clearly show your bloke pulling his shirt and can have no complaints, stupid thing to do he don't need to tug the shirt does he, why do it??

Yes the bloke can't wait to go down but then most players would all do the same thing, don't give the officials an excuse and then they can't give a penalty.

The pitch is bad but then again your players are of much better quality and should be doing much better, wonderful cross by Davies for the goal apart the lack of quality has been alarming, I mean what other chance have you created?. Can't really remember any and against a side as poor as Andorra that really is unacceptable.

Hope you turn it around always want the home nations (bar Scotland to an extent) to do well and this is the best chance you will have of qualifying for a long long time.

Sure you will go on and win but been very Dissapointing thus far.[/quote']

Perhaps the players dive clouded my judgement a bit, as I guess by the letter of the law it is a penalty. The replay's weren't great for it though and it was harsh.

Talk about get out of jail

Andorra 1 Bale 2

Quality free kick late in the game seals it for Wales. Woeful performance and did not even look capable of creating a chance yet alone scoring' date=' just as inept in the second half as in the first so Dissapointing.

Rescued by the brilliance of one man apart from him everybody else was useless, but it is three points and with the shock in Bosnia it turns into a great night for Wales, funny old game football!!

EDIT| The Andorra side completely lost there head forget the pitch it is the thuggery of there players that is the danger! dunno how bad Ramsey's injury is, don't look to serious but then you never know.[/quote']

It was a better second half, we did create more chances but it wasn't much better. The only player who looked like making a difference was Bale. Ramsey didn't create anything and was really poor, you'd expect a player like him to be able to show his class in a game like this.

The formation didn't help, I just didn't see the need for an extra centre half, we could have played a 4-3-3 where the full backs acted as wing backs anyway. We badly lack a striker to make the runs that get the best out of the likes of Allen and Ramsey's creativity.

In the end though it was a great night, Cyprus beating Bosnia is massive and now we've got two games at home to Bosnia and Cyprus which are both huge games. I'm confident we'll do a lot better in the home games coming up, on a good pitch we play some good stuff. Relieved more than anything to win, I was confident that we'd get a goal given that Bale was on the pitch and if we're going to qualify we're going to need Bale for all the qualifying games.

resign Bento' date=' u bloody muppet! :mad:[/quote']

Well, he didn't really resign, but it was "mutual agreement". :o

I hope the Portuguese football federation hires a decent coach.

I'd like a Portuguese one or someone who knows Portuguese football well, a coach that knows our promising youngsters and doesn't only play the oldies and the players in bad form.

Well' date=' he didn't really resign, but it was "mutual agreement". :o

I hope the Portuguese football federation hires a decent coach.

I'd like a Portuguese one or someone who knows Portuguese football well, a coach that knows our promising youngsters and doesn't only play the oldies and the players in bad form.[/quote']

Jaaaaaaa

I saw that and was happy for you xD

Jaaaaaaa

I saw that and was happy for you xD

Thanks, mate! :D

We (Portugal) still have some major issues, tho.

The result of approximately a decade of not giving a crap about our youth football development.

Now, we have a very promising generation (lads between 17 and 23 years old), but Portuguese football is still dominated by player agents.

They just care about money. It's often very benefitial for a youngster to remain at his original club for a good number of years, so he can develop well.

Well, the agents only want to sell their players and don't give a damn about their development.

If agents keep having so much power, this talented generation will nener live up to its potential. :(

Wembley will host the Euro 2020 semi finals and final :D

Brilliant. Would love to go but you know full well that the majority of tickets will be corporate and the ones that aren't will be extortionate prices.

May try and just go into London on the days for the atmosphere.

Good God just looked at the latest scores and after nearly an hour Holland are losing at home to Borat and co (Kazakhstan) :eek:

Expect Holland to come through but if it stays the same what a result that would be, probably even more of a shock than Albania winning in Portugal or Slovakia turning Spain over.