Sign in to follow this  
Safir

Euro 2016

Re: Euro 2016

It's great to see the home nations doing so well, particularly Northern Ireland given how unexpected their start to the campaign has been.

Seeing players who've played plenty of football in the football league such as James Chester, Kyle Lafferty, Wes Hoolahan and Ikechi Anya perform so well on the international stage is refreshing to watch.

I still think it'll be difficult for Northern Ireland to qualify, there's going to be plenty of competition between them, Greece, Hungary and Romania but I suppose for them third place would be a great achievement.

I think we've got a decent chance of finishing second, we've still got two important games against Israel to come which should decide whether or not we'll get a place in the play offs.

I think Scotland will fall short, but Strachan is certainly the right man for them. You don't get an easy game against Scotland any more, and it's just unfortunate for them that they've got by far the most difficult group

Ricardo Carvalho absolutely bossed it. B)

Stupid Paulo Bento chased him away of the NT, along with Danny.

Tiago also returned to the NT. He's 33 and is still is a work horse, while Carvalho is 36, but he's still a defensive monster. In Portugal, the moronic media tries to make people believe 30 year-old players are already pre-historic - bunch of muppets!

Santos brought a healthy mixture of experienced and young players to the NT. Let's hope we don't do what we do best: slack off in the regular phase of the qualifying and then go to the playoffs. True we usually do well there, coz it's do or die and the players know it: no need to drag the qualifying process to the playoffs tho! :o

uDs5mwNRY7U

There supporters don't belong in a competition like this, I don't mind them remaining in the competition as long as all there games are behind closed doors.

They've clearly got serious problems controlling supporters, and shouldn't be hosting anything like the games they've been scheduled to host.

Vile scenes, particularly at 1.50 in the video.

uDs5mwNRY7U

There supporters don't belong in a competition like this' date=' I don't mind them remaining in the competition as long as all there games are behind closed doors.

They've clearly got serious problems controlling supporters, and shouldn't be hosting anything like the games they've been scheduled to host.

Vile scenes, particularly at 1.50 in the video.[/quote']

Disgusting! :(

It's not the 1st time this stuff happens in Serbia. Red Star vs Partizan matches often have similar scenes.

In a recent qualifying group stage match in Serbia (for Euro 2012), things also got ugly. They got a 0-3 defeat, because of that. I wouldn't like Serbia to be deducted any points tho. Serbian fans should just be forbidden to attend their NT's matches, I'd say at least 10. It's always a few people that cause this sort of trouble, but I guess the Serbian football federation should be more careful, regarding who they let inside their stadiums.

uDs5mwNRY7U

There supporters don't belong in a competition like this' date=' I don't mind them remaining in the competition as long as all there games are behind closed doors.

They're Animals! End of discussion!

uDs5mwNRY7U

Inexcusable and shameful; both teams need to be sanctioned heavily!!!

Horror scenes on a football stadium!!! :eek:

I still think it'll be difficult for Northern Ireland to qualify' date=' there's going to be plenty of competition between them, Greece, Hungary and Romania but I suppose for them third place would be a great achievement.[/quote']We've beaten the 1st seeds, 2nd seeds so far. 3rd/4th seeds should be a walk in the park!

We've beaten the 1st seeds' date=' 2nd seeds so far. 3rd/4th seeds should be a walk in the park![/quote']

Yes, but you you're side that usually does well as the underdogs. If you can get the first goal in a game, then you've got a very good chance of winning it, you're difficult to break down and are good on the counter attack but you're not the sort of side that will be able to open up a team easily. You've got a decent chance of qualifying, but you've still got a long way to go and it could easily fall apart.

Yes' date=' but you you're side that usually does well as the underdogs. If you can get the first goal in a game, then you've got a very good chance of winning it, you're difficult to break down and are good on the counter attack but you're not the sort of side that will be able to open up a team easily. You've got a decent chance of qualifying, but you've still got a long way to go and it could easily fall apart.[/quote']

I expect us to fall apart, I expected us to be 5th after the opening 3. But we've had a great start to qualifying beating the two best teams in the group if we can get a result against Romania or Finland our chances increase dramatically. Far too early to judge anyone yet though. For example Wales have played the smaller sides in the group with Belgium next and if they lose then the whole groups complexion will change and 3rd place begins to look very tight.

:D

Who saw the Denmark v Portugal game yesterday. God they really are a 1-man team

Not really, mate.

Portugal has some very good players like Pepe, Moutinho, William Carvalho, Tiago, Danny or Coentrão. Thing is, every player looks bad nowadays (Messi being the natural exception), when compared to Ronaldo.

Messi and Ronaldo are just too good. Besides, the best player in Denmark vs Portugal was Ricardo Carvalho.

And don't you worry: Portugal has a very talented generation (players between 17 and 23 years old) emerging. If those players' agents don't ruin their careers, just thinking about how they can make money off them, Portugal will have a more competitive NT, some years from now. ;)