Sign in to follow this  
Safir

Euro 2016

We just beat Spain without Modric and Mandzukic! OMG

B)  :lol:  

Perisic is the most underrated player on the planet.

Great goals aswell, but it would be even more awesome if that overhead kick from Pjaca went in :) .

Kalinic also proved that he's way better than Mandzukic.

We just beat Spain without Modric and Mandzukic! OMG

B)  :lol:  

Perisic is the most underrated player on the planet.

Great goals aswell, but it would be even more awesome if that overhead kick from Pjaca went in :) .

Kalinic also proved that he's way better than Mandzukic.

He certainly has! & Perisic certainly is. I think a lot of Croatia's team is and that makes them dangerous. I so wish Srna would have moved to a big league at some point during his career, what a player.

Absolutely delighted for Northern Ireland.

Next it'll be you get a pass into grop stage of WC for finishing 4th in your group wth is this rewards for failure nonsense. Please do not argue it makes the competition more entertaining because it doesn't and even if it did is besides the point. 1st or 2nd is okay 3rd is taking the pee I think in all comps it should be top of group progress only but that would be a poor competition that's where the leeway comes for 2nd. 

Next it'll be you get a pass into grop stage of WC for finishing 4th in your group wth is this rewards for failur5e nonsense. Please do not argue it makes the competition more entertaining because it doesn't and even if it did is besides the point. 1st or 2nd is okay 3rd is taking the pee I think in all comps it should be top of group progress only but that would be a poor competition that's where the leeway comes for 2nd.

I completely agree. The fact 3rd place can qualify for the knockout stages is absurd. But seeing as we've only qualified because of this stupid rule I'm not going to complain.

Next it'll be you get a pass into grop stage of WC for finishing 4th in your group wth is this rewards for failure nonsense. Please do not argue it makes the competition more entertaining because it doesn't and even if it did is besides the point. 1st or 2nd is okay 3rd is taking the pee I think in all comps it should be top of group progress only but that would be a poor competition that's where the leeway comes for 2nd. 

Fifa want a bigger tourament

It suppose to give the small teams a chance and with 6 groups now, 4 teams are left over so we need 3rd placers

You talk about that, about the 3rd place qualifiers to get into World cup? kinda same scenerio

Fifa want a bigger tourament

It suppose to give the small teams a chance and with 6 groups now, 4 teams are left over so we need 3rd placers

You talk about that, about the 3rd place qualifiers to get into World cup? kinda same scenerio

FIFA should make it a 5-a-side tournament too.  That way Roy won't have to worry about resting half the squad for important games.

Agreed! It's a terrible format!

Agreed! It's a terrible format!

Yeah I agree.  Portugal getting through without winning a single game makes a mockery out of it really.

However, I agree with Talent, Portugal vs Hungary was probably the best game so far for entertainment value.  Hungary looking very well organised and more up for the competition than some teams I must say!

Credit to Portugal for making a game of it though and for refusing to lay down and die.  Ronaldo personally dragging his team back into the tournament on at least 2 occasions...

But just to show my neutral stance on the Ronaldo vs Messi debate.... did anyone else see that free-kick Messi scored in the match against the USA????  Whatever the tax man might think, the man is a footballing genius.

Yeah I agree.  Portugal getting through without winning a single game makes a mockery out of it really.

However, I agree with Talent, Portugal vs Hungary was probably the best game so far for entertainment value.  Hungary looking very well organised and more up for the competition than some teams I must say!

Credit to Portugal for making a game of it though and for refusing to lay down and die.  Ronaldo personally dragging his team back into the tournament on at least 2 occasions...

But just to show my neutral stance on the Ronaldo vs Messi debate.... did anyone else see that free-kick Messi scored in the match against the USA????  Whatever the tax man might think, the man is a footballing genius.

Format for the Euro's has been fine, giving a chance to he lower/small clubs - wouldn't be shocked if champs league is still carrying on, Uefa decides to expand Champs league in some way

Ronaldo dragging his team back on 3 occasions - forgot the smart quick pass into Nani for 1-1 - If I was a Portugal fan, I be happy - reason, they aint of the knockout side of the death with Germany, England, France, Spain and Italy

Ronaldo kinda carrying Portugal

Croatia, Belguim, Portugal(if defence get solid) and maybe even Wales has the best shot to get to the finals

Format for the Euro's has been fine, giving a chance to he lower/small clubs - wouldn't be shocked if champs league is still carrying on, Uefa decides to expand Champs league in some way

Ronaldo dragging his team back on 3 occasions - forgot the smart quick pass into Nani for 1-1 - If I was a Portugal fan, I be happy - reason, they aint of the knockout side of the death with Germany, England, France, Spain and Italy

Ronaldo kinda carrying Portugal

Croatia, Belguim, Portugal(if defence get solid) and maybe even Wales has the best shot to get to the finals

Quite.  That's why I said "at least 2 occasions".... meaning possibly more... :) 

To be honest I thought it was the best performance from Nani, but he was subbed off.  But the two earlier games when he should have been subbed off he wasn't.. go figure,.

Yes, England have got themselves into the worst side of the knockout draw.  But Hodgson has himself to blame for that. He decided to rest half the team for no good reason whatsoever, and this mistake may come back to haunt him.

The way UEFA have organised the competition is not too arduous. There is plenty of rest time for players and this is France for goodness sake. They were playing what, ,, about 900km from where most of our players play 2 or 3 games a week anyway.  This isn't Brazil or Mexico with high ambient temperatures or elevated sea levels.  There was 11 days from our game against Wales to the first knockout game so what in the name of God was Hodgepot resting players for  ????????????????????

The man is a complete fool and he is the best chance that Iceland have of reaching the quarter-finals.

To be honest I thought it was the best performance from Nani, but he was subbed off.  But the two earlier games when he should have been subbed off he wasn't.. go figure,.

Yes, England have got themselves into the worst side of the knockout draw.  But Hodgson has himself to blame for that. He decided to rest half the team for no good reason whatsoever, and this mistake may come back to haunt him.

The way UEFA have organised the competition is not too arduous. There is plenty of rest time for players and this is France for goodness sake. They were playing what, ,, about 900km from where most of our players play 2 or 3 games a week anyway.  This isn't Brazil or Mexico with high ambient temperatures or elevated sea levels.  There was 11 days from our game against Wales to the first knockout game so what in the name of God was Hodgepot resting players for  ????????????????????

The man is a complete fool and he is the best chance that Iceland have of reaching the quarter-finals.

Nani been awful in all games - Lucky to get 2 goals

I cant see Hodgson getting a new deal after the Euro's - Sterling needs to go, Wilshere a joke, Hart has an error in him, Kane taking free kick and Corners - must of took advice from LVG

Sterling doesn't even get into the team at City, Wilshere 114 minutes, slap in the face to Drinkwater, Noble etc, Hodgson might as well took Shaw

Why no give Stones or Barkley a game or is Hodgson anti Everton

UEFA hasn't organised the Euro's, it's FIFA

I wouldn't be shocked if Iceland beat England - they deserve it more than England

If Wilshere, Sterling, Lallana, Milner start and Rooney, Vardy don't - Iceland win

Anyways England can get knocked out by a Payet screamer in the semi's or Giroud winner then Arsenal fans have more reasons to hate him

Nani been awful in all games - Lucky to get 2 goals

I cant see Hodgson getting a new deal after the Euro's - Sterling needs to go, Wilshere a joke, Hart has an error in him, Kane taking free kick and Corners - must of took advice from LVG

UEFA hasn't organised the Euro's, it's FIFA

I wouldn't be shocked if Iceland beat England - they deserve it more than England

If Wilshere, Sterling, Lallana, Milner start and Rooney, Vardy don't - Iceland win

Anyways England can get knocked out by a Payet screamer in the semi's or Giroud winner then Arsenal fans have more reasons to hate him

Agree and like everything you said mate.

I just have to put you right on one thing though.  The Euros are organised by UEFA and not FIFA.

Yes, Ronaldo had a good game, but it is Fernando Santos fault that the team is not more productive, Vieirinha should be playing up front and not at the back, Cedric should be on the right side of the defense, Eliseu is the crappiest player on the starting XI, Guerreiro should be the starting LB, and José Fonte should be starting instead of old Carvalho or unpredictable Pepe. 

Moutinho should be benched, Sanches is obviously on form and has everything that Moutinho doesn't seem to have these days. Rafa should be starting instead of Nani. André Silva should've been in the last 23, he has much more quality and much more to offer than Eder.

And just to finish, Ronaldo should stop taking the free kicks, Guerreiro is the obvious choice.

Yes, Ronaldo had a good game, but it is Fernando Santos fault that the team is not more productive, Vieirinha should be playing up front and not at the back, Cedric should be on the right side of the defense, Eliseu is the crappiest player on the starting XI, Guerreiro should be the starting LB, and José Fonte should be starting instead of old Carvalho or unpredictable Pepe.

Moutinho should be benched, Sanches is obviously on form and has everything that Moutinho doesn't seem to have these days. Rafa should be starting instead of Nani. André Silva should've been in the last 23, he has much more quality and much more to offer than Eder.

And just to finish, Ronaldo should stop taking the free kicks, Guerreiro is the obvious choice.

But apart from that we take it you are happy with the way things are going Vitor?? :) :) :)

Tell you what guys, I would simply love for someone like Hungary, Croatia, Poland or Wales to win the tournament. After Leicester what a magnanimous full stop to the season that would be.

The Leicester story would be if Iceland or Hungary won it - especially Iceland

Croatia has got a good side and some youngsters like Balic, Halilovic, Vlasic soon coming through

Poland already had a strong side but hasn't performed

Wales, 1st contest in a long time but they have a big game match winner

@vitor_mfc - you right on most things about Portugal team, this is why Ronaldo kinda struggles in International level and the Debate on who the best, No 1 takes in - Ronaldo has got clowns and jokers whilst Messi has stars in team

The Leicester story would be if Iceland or Hungary won it - especially Iceland - Yes, Iceland too if you want to be specific..

Croatia has got a good side and some youngsters like Balic, Halilovic, Vlasic soon coming through - Ehhmm, mentioned them already,,

Poland already had a strong side but hasn't performed - you mean not performed as in "winning 2 games and drawing against the current world champions not performed"...right...??

Wales, 1st contest in a long time but they have a big game match winner.... - see my response to item 2 :).

@vitor_mfc - you right on most things about Portugal team, this is why Ronaldo kinda struggles in International level and the Debate on who the best, No 1 takes in - Ronaldo has got clowns and jokers whilst Messi has stars in team

Do you actually watch football or just read about it in the news?

Do you actually watch football or just read about it in the news?

Of course I watch football but like I said Only Hungary or Iceland would be a Leicester story

I'm saying Croatia, Poland, Wales wouldn't be a Leicester type story

Poland - They found it hard to score vs N.Ireland and Ukraine, Lewandowski not scoring - they are not performing

Wales - They have Bale, proven big game winner