The Progress Championship

ProgressChampionshipLogoRevised.jpg

Darkness. The kinda dark that can’t be painted. Its dark and its quiet.

You hear something move, barely a sound but you heard it. Like a light dragging noise – no, it was a low pitch drag but that was something heavy being moved, something of bulk.

Its him. You’re here. Its time.

A low voice, husky almost strained breaks the silence.

“You found me.”

“It wasn’t easy, cost me friends, made me enemies – but yeah I found you”

You’re talking into the dark, speaking to the void that is your surroundings. You hear the noise again, this time it’s behind you. Louder now, but still low. That’s definitely something heavy being dragged. The hairs on your arms tingle and raise – its adrenaline more than fear.

“And? What will you do now you’re here - end it?”

You knew he would ask this, it’s as predicted but more than that, now you’re here it feels like the natural question , and it’s one you can answer:-

“It’s already ended”

You know this to be true, you’ve seen the end coming for some time

“Then tell me what it is you want, or have you wasted your time for nothing?”

“I want answers and I want them now”

You’re in no position to demand anything, you know it but more importantly he knows it. But the question remains and you’ve played your only hand early – he knows now that you have nothing to lose.

“Ahhh, transfers.”

“Yeah, transfers.

“Transfers? You come to me now, with the spend in the billions, and you want to talk transfers? Back in the day, it was about the game. About the playing, the winning, reaching the pinnacle. But something went wrong, it’s all in the wiring, it’s crossed – it isn’t football anymore. Its business. Do you know what they would do to me if they knew you were here? If they knew that we were talking about this? Have you any idea?”

“They do know and they are on their way”

“What? How do they…..who told…..how…”

The mask that voice wore has slipped, you can feel the panic. The strain in the tone remains but it’s rushed now, panic is mixing with something else, it’s a new feeling, but its undeniable – fear.

“Speak quickly and be sure old man – we have seconds, not minutes”

“it’s the embargo – the free trade – they couldn’t…they couldn’t stop it. It took over. It went from food for play to minimum wage – we saw it coming. Then, then they took the step they couldn’t go back on. The first million pound player. It spiralled, it grew, and it had a life of its own. Before we knew it we had gotten old, lazy, and we were paying £35 million for Andy Carroll. Its too late now, you should get out and get away, keeping running and never stop, it’s too late for me, I can’t help you”

“You can and you will. Tell me, tell me how”

“It’s too much, it can’t be done, you should just…”

“TELL ME!”

Your shout surprised even you. There was no time for this, if it was to be changed, you needed to know and you needed to know now.

From “outside” you can hear muffling, raised voices that can’t be deciphered, then you hear dead thuds, noises that strike to your very heart.

“TELL ME NOW!”

“It’s, its’, it’s the reset, you need to reset it. But you cannot reach it alone – you need others. You must RESET the system, the transfer system must be reset – go now, GO!”

You hear a loud crash behind you and feel debris on you back but you cannot look around. Light pours in through the crash and you see you own shadow for the first time. A shape to your left catches your eye briefly. It’s him, he’s frail and old as if he had never been the man you had read about. Jimmy Hill. He had started the end himself, he didn’t know at the time but he brought about the end of the beautiful game, he knocked over the first domino and hadn’t even known it.

Voices behind you, getting closer, angry. You feel a hand grab at your shoulder – it’s time to move.

Before you know it instincts take over, you’re on your feet, advancing, you see a door and throw yourself at it. You barely feel the impact as you hit it and push through it, suddenly your stomach turns, your weightless momentarily before your organs give in and lose their fight to gravity – your falling, fast.

Your free fall is ended abruptly as you crash into cold, piercing wetness, your ears filled with the sound of ruching water. Brief respite as you are fully submerged, the cold dampness tightens your chest, you need something, you need – air. Breathe, need to breathe. You’re on autopilot, fear driving your legs as they kick and buck wildly. Suddenly you break the surface and your lungs cry out as you gulp in oxygen.

The current has you, sweeping you to a shoreline at speed. The blessed relief as your feet find stones and rocks. Exhausted you haul yourself out of the water. You have but minutes, but still you take time to gather, collect yourself.

Reset the system? How? And I need help, who? Already you know, you know where the next step will take you – to the virtual world, that place of forummers, of Random Threads, of EC’s and GW’s. they’ll know, they’ll know how to Reset, they know because they were there, they saw it first hand and they must know how to turn it round. The once called it the future. But now it’s the past. We have to change it, we have to save the game, save ourselves.

We must make PROGRESS.

I'v had an idea for a game world - The Progress Championship.

All teams start with similar squad size, value and transfer kitties.

Every team has to follow a strict transfer embargo - a position is announced and teams have 48hrs to purchase in that position if they so wish but cannot buy a player for any other position. they can buy any number of players in that position but only players capable of playing in that position.

Transfer Turn One - Goalkeepers. Teams can only purchase goalkeepers and no other position.

Transfer Turn Two - Left Back. Teams can only purchase a player that can play in the LB position. They can no longer buy a goalkeeper nor can they buy any other position.

Transfer Turn Three - Centre Forwards

Transfer Turn Four - Attacking Central Midfielders

and so on.....

There would be mad competition for particular players and some clever so and so's would identify a Fwd that can also play at LB on that turn etc.

In addition folks would have to think hard about formations whilst building their teams, as well as who they can sell.

A schedule would be decided and announced in advance so that all managers can see what positions they can buy and when.

What you think? Could this be a go-er, would you be interested, what issues do you forsee, how big should the GW be, who wants to help set it up etc etc..

Updates:-

Delighted to say that the legend that is Smut has agreed to give me a hand on this one.

Myself and Smut will be joined by the one and only Noisy - giving the GW a three man management team!

CONFIRMED:- as of 18.9.14

1. EdMoses

2. Smut

3. Noisy

4. Dionysius_Exiguiss

5. jr231990

6. Matt72

7. Muallan

8. Gozzy

9. Keith Fitz

10. Frozen - Left at start of season 2 - no idea why.

11. Ashtini

12. JAMO-LUFC-15

13. Kupest

14. Pedrooliveira - Quit during PiP 1

15. Nikidinho

16. johnjharman

17. StephenMUFC - Left due to real life commitments

18. Elohim

19. Ben-SCFC

20. Vendetta

21. Garryc300 - replaced Pedrooliviera. Garry left at the start of season 2 when ditching all of his clubs.

22. Hannahb - replacing jon at Wigan

23. HD - replacing StephenMUFC

24. Kopstar - replacing Garryc300 at Krasnodar

25. TomOwens - replacing Fro3en at Corinthians

INTERESTED

1. No More Applications Possible 19.9.14

PENDING APPLICATIONS

1. No More Applications Possible 19.9.14

UPDATE : Game Rules 15.9.14

Right here's my take on ting's

There should be 2 divisions

Each division contains 10 teams

Division One, by final position:

1 - Champions

2 - Runners Up (duh)

3 - Mid table obscurity

4 - Mid table obscurity

5 - Mid table obscurity

6 - Mid table obscurity

7 - Mid table obscurity

8 - Relegated and wall of shame

9 - Relegated and wall of shame

10 - Relegated and wall of shame

Division Two, by final position:

1 - Division champions

2 - Have a guess, auto promotion

3 - Playoffs baby!

4 - Playoffs baby!

5 - Playoffs baby!

6 - Playoffs baby!

7 - Mid table obscurity

8 - Wall of Shame

9 - Wall of Shame

10 - Wall of Shame

Transfers:

This is the biggest difference between this challenge and some of the other customs out there, and here's how it will work:

All transfers are subject to Player in Position (PiP) criteria.

Twice a week there will be a PiP announcement , this announcement will dictate one position (LB,CB,RB,RM,LM,CM,AM,DM,FWD) and you will only be allowed to purchase players that can play in THAT position (players do not have to exclusively play in that position but must be able to at least play in that position).

The two PiP windows per week will start and finish as follows:

Friday at midday to Monday at midday

Monday at midday to Thursday at midday

During each window you can bid on as many players as you like but no bids can be made after midday on the final day of that PiP window (so last second counter bids will still be possible for you fans of screwing folks over).

Bids can complete after the PiP deadline - BUT NO BIDDING AFTER THE WINDOW CLOSES.

If you do not adhere to this rule - be that via bidding for players outside of the position allowed or bidding after the PiP window has closed - you will be omitted from the following THREE windows. If your repeat the rule breaking you will be shot.

Important Update to Punishment For Rule Breaches

EXISTING MANAGERS:

1. You cannot complete any further deals within the PiP window you have breached - all outstanding offers (pending or accepted) should be cancelled immediately.

2. You are omitted from the next THREE PiP windows.

3. You are unable to play any of the players you have purchased in or via the Breach.

4. All breach purchases should be sold to External as soon as TB is up and the first external offer must be accepted on each

5. A further breach would require resignation.

NEW MANAGERS

A new manager inheriting a side following the departure of the previous manager due to embargo and punishment will have to accept that they must:-

1. Sell all of the players bought in breach as the existing manager would have had to do had he stayed.

2. He will be able to however, if he chooses, retain one of those players - this must be the lowest rated of those to be sold.

3. All of those players to be sold, so excluding the single lowest rated to be retained, are still ineligible to play at any time and the first external bid in must be accepted.

This still Removes the Advantage, but keeping the single lowest rated player means that there is still cover in that position for the new guy should he want it.

I then propose to remove the Impose a Disadvantage bit completely - a new manager would not be subject to inheritance of the PiP ban and would be free to trade under normal GW rules.

NOTE: The original punishment and embargo rules remain in place and applicable to existing managers, if you breach the rules at your club you must accept the original embargo and punishment.

EXCEPTION

there is one position that is particular sensitive - goalkeepers. Whilst you can bid on as many GK's as you like, but you cannot complete deals on more than TWO. By season two that will be amended to having no more than two GK's in you squad. This will stop you hoarders out there.

Teams

You can select whatever team you want adding to the GW, as long as you follow this criteria:

1. Squad value no higher than £70m - Changed 16.9.2014 See Below

2. No player rated above 87

3. No ground capable of a capacity in excess of 50,000

In addition all teams will be given as close to the same amount of cash as is possible, so if your able to maximise the criteria as above then you will limit any disadvantage a smaller cub would naturally have.

The two divisions will be set up in order of a clubs complete value (squad plus cash), in an attempt to put the richest clubs in the same division

Managers

Appointments will be strictly by invite only, therefore if you want in you must be:

1. Known (in a good way) to myself, Smut or Mr Popular himself, Noisy.

2. Vouched for by a manager already in the GW

Update 16.9.14

Criteria for selecting your team has been changed - values are no longer a consideration, therefore select ANY team that:-

1. has no player rated above 87

2. Has a stadium capacity of no more than 50,000

Transfer Kitty news - Budgets will be set at a whopping £65m !

Update 18.9.14

The GW will now consist of 18 not 20 managers in two divisions of 9

We currently have 17, with HannahB interested but I haven't heard if she is yet confirmed. Therefore if another manager comes forward and is vouched in so be it.

I've identified one club for each manager, using values and squads from Matt in a new custom and those displayed but untouched from the AD2 GW.

Capacity of Stadia

Clubs have a range between 22,526 and 38,750 - still a spread for sure but closer to one another than previous.

Value of Squad

Clubs have a squad value between £123.2m and £150.1m - again quite the spread but the most disadvantaged club should be no more than £26m off the "richest" club. HOWEVER, loans could throw this all over the shop therefore any player on loan to your club should be immediately returned to their owners by cancellation of the loan. Any player out have out on loan should be treated as a higher rated player - recalled, transfer listed and sold in the same manner as an 88 or 89 would be.

Rating of Players

Some sides have players over the 87 cap, up to 89. To repeat - you can never play these guys in ANY match and must immediately transfer list them with bids accepted on the FIRST bid in (if external this will be after the start of the season, however internal bids can be made if the player fits that PiP window)

Transfers

We will start the first transfer PiP when all clubs have managers, i.e with job invites accepted. If on acceptance of the job you find you would be unable to field a team due to "banned" higher rated players (from the teams selected I don't think this will be the case) I will allow an agreed embargo to allow the individual manager to purchase cover up to the average rating of the squad (minus those over-rated players) for the first 48 hours of the GW only - the embargo will restrict you to purchasing a player than no one else has on their in game scout list (if the player is on someones gold list then so be it)

Team Allocation

Teams will be allocated, using random to decide. I would like this to include three teams already requested that are included on the list, which are:-

Ashtini - Derby County

EdMoses - Nottingham Forest

Smut - Standard Liege

Therefore I will forego Notts Forest and stick them in the random pot, I would prefer that Ashtini and Smut do the same to keep everything smooth but if you still want these sides that is also fine.

Random will be complete pot luck in regards your team – with one form of exception. The following managers all selected teams that fall short of the criteria, primarily because they are valued considerably lower than those now on the list:

Dionysius_Exiguiss – Colo Colo

Colo Colo - 10,887 higher than average capacity, £22.4m lower than average Squad Value

Muallan - Red Bull Leipzig

Red Bull Leipzig - 7,885 higher than average capacity, £63.4m lower than average Squad Value

Frozen - FC Twente

FC Twente - 6,255 lower than average capacity, £25.6m lower than average Squad Value

Pedrooliveira -Monterrey

Monterray - 1,540 higher than average capacity, £43.1m lower than average Squad Value

Gozzy - Club Brugge

Club Brugge - 7,436 lower than average capacity, £41.4m lower than average Squad Value

JAMO-LUFC-15 – Leeds United

Leeds United - 3,000 higher than average capacity, £43.3m lower than average Squad Value

Matt72 – Kaiserslautern

Kaiserslautern - 13,320 higher than average capacity, £33.9m lower than average Squad Value

Keith Fitz - Malmo

Malmo - 12,460 lower than average capacity, £68.4m lower than average Squad Value

Now I would ideally exclude these teams in favour of the more “level” teams on the Club List. However if anyone wants to keep the club they requested as above then so be it – but understand that you will be at a significant disadvantage from the offset of the GW.

The Club List

Here’s the list of clubs that will be allocated, in lieu of the above, with team name, capacity and squad value displayed:-

1. FC Koln (50,374) £148.7m

2. Hanover (49,000) £134.1m

3. Corinthians (48,790) £142.1m

4. Elche CF (38,750) £130.5m

5. Nantes (37,583) £123.2m

6. US Palermo (36,349) £141.4m

7. RCD Deportivo (34,611) £149.6m

8. Girondins Bordeaux (34,327) £150.1m

9. Derby (33,597) £125.7m

10. Montpellier HSC (32,900) £148.7m

11. FC Krasnodar (31,654) £144.2m

12. Stade Rennais (31,127) £136.6m

13. Notts Forest (30,602) £137.5m

14. Standard Liege (29,173) £127.6m

15. RSC Anderlecht (26,361) £129.4m

16. Wigan Athletic (25,138) £139.9m

17. Catania Calico (23,420) 133.5m

18. Burnley (22,546) £148m

19. Rubin Kazan (45,105) £122.4m - Added 19.92014

20. Cordoba FC (21,822) £143.3m - Added 19.9.2014

The Draw - 19.9.2014

Garryc300 - Corinthians - Ashtinin transferred to Anderlecht during PiP 1 with garryc300 taking over. Garry subsequently quit in Season 2.

Ben-SCFC - Cordoba FC

Dionysius_Exiguiss - Rubin Kazan

EdMoses - Elche CF

Elohim - Derby County

Froz3n - FC Krasnodar - Froz3n quit in season 2, replaced by Kopstar 24.3.15

Gozzy - Catania Calico

JAMO-LUFC-15 - Burnley

Jr231990 - Wigan Athletic

Keith Fitz - Nantes

Kupest - US Palermo

Matt72 - Montpellier HSC

Muallan - FC Koln

HannahB - Nottingham Forest - HannahB replaced jihnjharman who quit 9.12.14

Nikidinho - Hanover

Noisy - RCD Deportivo

Ashtini - RSC Anderlecht - Ashtini replaced Pedro during PiP 1

Smut - Stade Rennais

HD - Standard Liege - HD Replaced StephenMUFC 10.3.15

Vendetta - Girondins Bordeaux

The PiP Transfer Schedule

Round………….Position

1. ………….GK
  2. ………….D ©
  3. ………….M ©
  4. ………….F ©
  5. ………….D ®
  6. ………….M (L)
  7. ………….F ®
  8. ………….AM ©
  9. ………….D (L)
  10. ………….DM ©
  11. ………….F (L)
  12. ………….AM ®
  13. ………….DM ®
  14. ………….F (LCR)
  15. ………….M (LCR)
  16. ………….D (LCR)
  17. ………….AM (LCR)
  18. ………….DM (L)
  19. ………….M ®
  20. ………….DM (LCR)
  21. ………….AM (L)

Notes:-

• There are more opportunity to buy midfielder's than any other position, due in part to the variety of positions available across the midfield but also because of the variety of positions that some midfielder's can play - some can be defenders or attackers so this wont be a limited as you may think.
  • Any position with the PiP of (LCR) is an opportunity to buy a player in any of the Left, Centre or Right positions not ALL three.
  • You may perceive that you cannot replace a D © bought in Round 2 until you reach Round 16 but see note one - there will be opportunities to buy across positions.

Update - 23/9/14

First breach of rules - Pedrooliveira at Anderlecht completes deals on 3 goalkeepers and is handed his punishment.

Update - 24/9/14

First Managerial Change - Pedrooliviera quits Anderlecht, Ashtini steps in and takes his side and his punishment, leaving his post at Corinthians. Ashtini recruits Garyc300 as his replacement.

Update - 25/9/14

An amendment to the rules ensures that NEW managers do no inherit all of the punishment in place for the previous manager, had that manager left because he/she didn't want to work through the punishment.

Update - 28/9/14

Smut, managing Stade Rennais, buys Corentin TOLISSO - an out of PiP purchase and subsequently picks up a PiP window ban and has to sell the lad without playing him.

Update - 1/10/14

The rules following a breach are amended to include an immediate ban on purchasing players within the PIP window breached.

Update - 7/10/14

Interested Managers List: These guys will be given the first option to take over a club that becomes vacant

1. Newman

2. Nick Justice

3. HannahB - Takes the Wigan job on 15th December following jihnjharman quitting

4. Dom LaTouche

Update - 9/12/14

Jr231990 at Wigan Athletic quits with no notice or news as to why. The Wigan job becomes available and the interested managers list is approach one at a time to fill the vacancy.

Update - 9/12/14

First the Progress Championship trophy is won!

Ed Moses guided Elche CF to a Cup Final win against Garry's Corinthians with a 2-1 victory!

Update - 10/12/14

PiP Breach! John at Nottingham Forest buys Samper outside of the PiP - its a mistake but a 3 game PiP is handed out with Samper unable to play and to be sold to first external once TL after is TB expires. John takes his punishment well and with apologies.

Update - 15/12/14

HannahB answers the call and is instigated as the new Manager at Wigan. One of the first managers to voice an interest in the set up its great to finally have Hannah on board. Good luck!

Update - 16/12/14

Matt72's Montpellier triumph with a stunning 2-0 win over Elche to win the Shield Final in front of over 86,000 fans!!

Update - 20/12/14

Round………….Position

1. ………….GK 5th Dec to 11th Dec
  2. ………….D © 12th Dec top 15th Dec
  3. ………….M © 15th Dec to 18th Dec
  4. ………….F © 19th Dec to 22nd Dec
  5. ………….D ® 22nd Dec to 25th Dec
  6. ………….M (L) 26th Dec to 29th Dec
  7. ………….F ® 29th Dec to 1st Jan
  8. ………….AM © 2nd Jan to 5th Jan
  9. ………….D (L) 5th Jan to 8th Jan
  10. ………….DM © 9th Jan to 12th Jan
  11. ………….F (L) 12th Jan to 15th Jan
  12. ………….AM ® 16th Jan to 19th Jan
  13. ………….DM ® 19th Jan to 22nd Jan
  14. ………….F (LCR) 23rd Jan to 26th Jan
  15. ………….M (LCR) 26th Jan to 29th Jan
  16. ………….D (LCR) 30th Jan to 2nd Feb
  17. ………….AM (LCR) 6th Feb to 9th Feb
  18. ………….DM (L) 9th Feb to 12th Feb
  19. ………….M ® 13th Feb to 16th Feb
  20. ………….DM (LCR) 16th Feb to 19th Feb

Update - 18/01/15

A 3-0 defeat at home to FC Krasnodar confirms RSC Anderlecht will finish the season at the bottom of Division 2

Update - 25/1/15

Defeat to Hanover confirms Elohim's Derby County relegation from the First Division

Update - 25/1/15

Hanover's 5-3 victory of Derby confirms Nikidinho as the very first winner of the 1st Division. Congratulations!

Update - 28/1/15

Following the Purchase of Ashton Gotz, SirSean breaches the PiP window and is handed a 3xPiP transfer embargo - genuine mistake but the rules apply to everyone!

Update - 9/2/15

The Progress Championship

Season 1

Division One Awards

Division One Title Winner:-

Hanover 96 – David Moyes (Nikidinho)

Division One Runners Up

US Palermo - Kartavya Patel (Kupest)

SMFA European Competition Qualifiers

[Elche - EdMoses

Bordeaux - Vendetta

Rubin Kazan - Sir Sean

Division One Forum Contributor of the Year:-

Rubin Kazan – Sir Sean (drseanfitz)

113 Posts

Division One Top Scorer:-

Zlatan Ibrahimovic, US Palermo

22 Goals

Division One Most Assists:-

Ross Barkley, Derby County

15 Assists

Division One Player of the Year:-

Zlatan Ibrahimovic, US Palermo

Average Rating 7.53, although others were higher no one came even close to his combined goals and assists total of 36

Division One Young Player of the Year:-

Alvaro Morata, Girondins Bordeaux

The lad scored 13 and set up 10 with an average rating of 7.75

Division Two Title Winner:-

Catania Calcio - boaz "Gozzy" solossa (Gozzy)

Division Two Runners Up

FC Krasnodar - Froz3n Tekkers (Frozy)

Division Two Play Off Winners

Stade Rennais – paul smith (Smut)

Division Two Forum Contributor of the Year:-

Matt72

96 Posts

Division Two Top Scorer:-

Edinson Cavani, Stade Rennais

17 Goals

Division Two Most Assists:-

12 Assists

Division Two Player of the Year:-

Average Rating 7.99

Division Two Young Player of the Year:-

Raheem Sterling, Stade Rennais,

The 20 year old scored 12 and set up 8 in his 29 games.

Update - 10/2/15

Manager of the Year

Matthew Webb – Matt72

Contributor of the Year

Sir Sean

Numpty of the Year

Jr231990.

Update – 10/2/15

Round………….Position

18.....………….DM (L) 9th Feb to 12th Feb

19.....………….M ® 13th Feb to 16th Feb

20.....………….DM (LCR) 16th Feb to 19th Feb

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. ………….GK 20th Feb to 23rd Feb
  2. ………….D © 23rd Feb to 26th Feb
  3. ………….M © 27th Feb to 2nd Mar
  4. ………….F © 2nd Mar to 5th Mar
  5. ………….D ® 6th Mar to 9th Mar
  6. ………….M (L) 9th Mar to 12th Mar
  7. ………….F ® 13th Mar to 16th Mar
  8. ………….AM © 16th Mar to 19th Mar
  9. ………….D (L) 20th Mar to 23rd Mar
  10. ………….DM © 23rd Mar to 26th Mar
  11. ………….F (L) 27th Mar to 30th Mar
  12. ………….AM ® 30th Mar to 2nd April
  13. ………….DM ® 3rd April to 6th April
  14. ………….F (LCR) 6th April to 9th April
  15. ………….M (LCR) 10th April to 13th April
  16. ………….D (LCR) 13th April to 16th April
  17. ………….AM (LCR) 17th April to 20th April
  18. ………….DM (L) 20th April to 23rd April
  19. ………….M ® 24th April to 27th April
  20. ………….DM (LCR) 27th April to 30th April

Update - 10/03/15

Due to real life commitment StephenMUFC had to leave his role at Standard Liege - many thanks for your input mate and we hope to see you back in the GW in the future at some point.

Update - 10/03/15

Following considerable interest from a number of managers HD becomes the new Standard Liege manager - we wish him the best of luck!

Update - 16/03/15

Garryc300 at Corinthians and Froz3n at FC Krasnodar both quit with no warning and no reason given.

Update - 24/03/15

Kopstar takes over at the helm of FC Krasnodar - welcome in man!

Update - 26/03/15

TomOwens steps in as the new man at Corinthians , best of luck buddy

Update - 01/05/15

New PiP Schedule is released:-

1. ………….GK 1st May to 4th May
  2. ………….D © 4th May to 7th May
  3. ………….M © 8th May to 11th May
  4. ………….F © 11th May to 14th May
  5. ………….D ® 15th May to 18th May
  6. ………….M (L) 18th May to 21st May
  7. ………….F ® 22nd May to 25th May
  8. ………….AM © 25th May to 28th May
  9. ………….D (L) 29th May to 1st June
  10. ………….DM © 1st June to 4th June
  11. ………….F (L) 5th June to 8th June
  12. ………….AM ® 8th June to 11th June
  13. ………….DM ® 12th June to 15th June
  14. ………….F (LCR) 15th June to 18th June
  15. ………….M (LCR) 19th June to 22nd June
  16. ………….D (LCR) 22nd June to 25th June
  17. ………….AM (LCR) 26th June to 29th June
  18. ………….DM (L) 29th June to 2nd July
  19. ………….M ® 3rd July to 6th July
  20. ………….DM (LCR) 6th July to 9th July

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'v had an idea for a game world - The Progress Championship. All teams start with similar squad size, value and transfer kitties. Every team has to follow a strict transfer embargo - a position

Re: The Progress Championship Having only had 6 hours sleep the night before and having to stay up last night to do a midnight feed, this is the first chance I’ve had to read back on the posts since

Elche have finished 1st and are The Progress Championship champions for Season 2! Most Goals Mario MANDZUKIC (18) Ezequiel LAVEZZI (9) Alarcón ISCO (6) Most Assists Alarcón ISCO (10) Mario MAN

Re: The Progress Championship

this sounds great - but I shouldn't really take on any more clubs......

Nowt set up as yet mate, just fleshing the idea out first to make sure that if it does happen theres:-

a. Enough Interest

b. A working set of rules

c. The right people involved

So any initial ideas, feedback etc are all that is needed in terms of a commitment at this stage.

I'll stick you down for a team ;)

What sort of sides would you be thinking about using?

Low capacity grounds' date=' high capacity etc?[/quote']

My initial thoughts were for large capacity grounds in truth, there would be some serious bid wars in sure so we would ideally need to give everyone the opportunity to make money back over the course of a season. Its laregly relative tho, as market prices would ultimately be driven by budgets.

Sounds interesting' date=' but a bit busy at moment so just keep me informed of how it's going.[/quote']

Cheers Hannah, keep an eye on the thread and we'll see how it develops. If we go ahead i'll drop you an invite

Sounds interesting :D Probably have 2/3 teams to add in regards to being able to keep an eye on them all.

I think we would rely on sense of community largely for policing the GW. But im asking Smut if he'll get involved with the set up running with me also.

I would be interested in this Ed, you could always keep it a small affair, 3 league of 8 is always a good number, depending on the interest anyway.

I have a couple of suggestions, try not to use the elitist teams but use second tier teams with largish stadiums (kaiserslautern for example) the reason for this is I envisage the transfer market dying rather quickly if the top teams were used, it would predominantly become a battle for youth talent as the likelihood is all the top players will be at managed clubs.

Another suggestion I would like to make is to limit the amount of bids a manager can have on any one position, for example Manager "A" bids on the three best keepers/talents in the game and wins all bids and for what ever reason he does not pull the deal on two of them, and now ends up with three great keepers, perhaps only allow managers to bid on two players per position at any one time.

I could well be interested in this one mate.

Hopefully can get this moving!

Would kill for a new United or Chelsea haha :P

Ha! See matt's comments. Ideally we would want the high rated talent available at the "top" clubs to be available on the free market so its likely mid to lower tier teams with decent ground size will form the back bone of the club set up I think' date=' although all still in discussion.

I'd love to join if possible

Sweet

Interested :)

Again' date=' sweet.

I would be interested in this Ed, you could always keep it a small affair, 3 league of 8 is always a good number, depending on the interest anyway.

I have a couple of suggestions, try not to use the elitist teams but use second tier teams with largish stadiums (kaiserslautern for example) the reason for this is I envisage the transfer market dying rather quickly if the top teams were used, it would predominantly become a battle for youth talent as the likelihood is all the top players will be at managed clubs.

Another suggestion I would like to make is to limit the amount of bids a manager can have on any one position, for example Manager "A" bids on the three best keepers/talents in the game and wins all bids and for what ever reason he does not pull the deal on two of them, and now ends up with three great keepers, perhaps only allow managers to bid on two players per position at any one time.

I could well be interested in this one mate.

Cracking ideas att. However the limit on players ina single position is tricky as - the clever ones - will likely exploit the multi positions of certain players ion order to actually fill multiple positions in their team/squad. Therefore the limit you propose would really inly work with the GK position and I think it would be sensible to limit to 2 per squad.

Well' date=' since 2 of the setups, I'm in, may come to a close soon, I might be interested in this one.

I like Matt's suggestions and I'd be in if there's enough interest by other people. :)[/quote']

Given no PM's have been sent and the only promo is my sig we already seem to have some interest. With Smut on board - delighted to say he has agreed to help me with this - things should start to ramp up soon enough.

The only definite's I can give you guys at the moment:-

1. Only decent forummers/managers will be allowed in - Invite Only

2. The set up will be as level a playing field as is possible

3. The thread/s associated will be very active, certainly I will be posting considerably and I hope many others will.

Page One has been updated with those that are interested. As I update with the set up details and parameters I'll let you know.

In the meantime, let me have any fine tuning details you think worthy as we have an opportunity to make this a unique challenge.

Don't those 2 statement contradict each other?

Oh the irony of YOU posting that. ;)

meant to ask you actually, why didn't you choose a more complicated forum name Sean? You'll only start a trend you know, my moneys on a forummer called Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious before the end of the month.

meant to ask you actually' date=' why didn't you choose a more complicated forum name Sean? You'll only start a trend you know, my moneys on a forummer called Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious before the end of the month.[/quote']

I'd rather start a trend of forumers naming themselves after key figures in Byzantine history than Mary Poppins songs.

I like the way you are keeping a sense of humour whilst imminent deportation to the Democratic State of Scotland is on the horizon or as it will be known from 2017 ' a right old state of Scotland'' date=' ;)[/quote']

I heard the Democratic State of Scotland (DSS) is to be sponsored by Irn Bru.

Well, gotta cover that deficit somehow.